Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply

Thread: General Cross: A star at bluffing [spoilers]

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Meccamputechture's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

General Cross: A star at bluffing [spoilers]

Wasn't completely sure where to post this...but I hope it's okay here.

General Cross is strong...the strongest exorcist we've witnessed in action so far. He is also an artist. I'm going to show you how he manages to put on a show with his recent (re)appearance.

Spoiler: Chapter 128//Page 6//Panel 2 + 4 show
    I call him bluffing in panel 2: He knew Allen was on the ark and he knew it wasn't going to collapse because of his plan. He's making small talk here, trying to show off like he knows what he's talking about.

Panel 4: What does he know about staining the clan? I bet he knows nothing about that. Watch him and see how many times he brings up facts about the Noah clan in the future. I bet he brings next to none.

Spoiler: Chapter 128//Page 10//Panel 2+3 show
    Notice how he words the situation. He does it like that to make his trick seem better than it really is (to Tyki). Good thing about this though, is that he is being tactical using backhand tricks. I like it.

Spoiler: Chapter 130//Page 7//Panel 1 + 3 + 4 show
    Alright, so Cross knows enough to trick the Earl into believing he is the one who now has the right to be the performer. But notice how he bluffs in panel 1. He's trying to get rid of the Earl in the easiest/quickest possible way because he knows he hasn't got enough powers + bluffing to take him down on his own.

Spoiler: Chapter 130//Page 17//Panel 3 + 4 + 5 show
    Hmmm, so he has a bit of decency to admit that he needs help but he still tries to act badass by calling it "A mission."

Spoiler: Chapter 131//Page 9//Panel 2 show
    Tells me Cross would like to destroy it...but he just can't. Nevermind all the other things he says about the barrier and time...he just isn't capable, no matter how much time he had!

Alright, I could go on, but I think you get the picture now. Cross is not as amazing as he appeared at first. He implements a lot of cunningfraud tactics to make things go well for him. Though, he is a genius exorcist and one of the reasons is because he can use two innocences. He's good indeed. But, he is going to meet his match pretty soon and that'll show you how pwn he really is...maybe he'll fight and lose against Lulubell. Woman + Noah, she can't go wrong.

Your thoughts?

dgraydivinity.net
    Descendente de Noah

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Crackpot27's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: General Cross: A star at bluffing [spoilers]

I'll agree that some of what Cross does seems to be bluff, being the tactical master that he is he knows how to get the results he wants (out of not only Allen, but the Earl as well). Though I disagree with you on the point of Cross' knowledge of the Noah family. I think it might be second hand, but he seems to know far more than any other character introduced (even more than some of the Noah themselves). It seems like he has to have had some relationship to the fourteenth...or the inheritor of those abilities.
    I actually think Cross' ability to manipulate the situation is far more impressive than anything else he uses, and while I do think he'll fall eventually I'd bet on it being by the Earl's hands rather than a Noah. Even if it is Manipulation, he uses it masterfully enough that I don't see him being done in by anyone else (though I've been wrong before )

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Meccamputechture's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, thanks for your reply, Crackpot. About the fourteenth and the inheritor, are they not the exact same person? There is no "fourteenth" Noah, but a person who has become the "fourteenth" after inheriting a special power from a "defected" Noah.

About Cross knowing more about the Noah more than some of the Noahs, I guess I can concede to that because there is always going to be someone who knows more about your history than you do even though they're not really a part of it. He definitely looks like the one to fit that role.

And he is totally gonna get done in by a Noah!!!

dgraydivinity.net
    Descendente de Noah

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Crackpot27's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

XD I guess I just kinda think of the fourteenth as a different person, since I don't really have a name or face to work with yet (maybe not ever).
    Quote Quote:
    And he is totally gonna get done in by a Noah!!!
    Lol, we'll just have to see...

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted hatsuharupeace's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he bluffs about things because he doesn't want to reveal his true nature, and his true abilities and power. Like how Fye from TRC puts on a facade to stop his true nature from coming out.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member luna_wolf's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

or he could just be full of himself>.<
    ....dotn hurt me i was just amkeing a piont *flinch*
    well i guess he has to know how to get out of tricky spots..he's a genaral! all the akuma on the planet ar after him and the other few generals!
    and cross is jsut cool!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member TitaniumChloride's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to call 'bluff' on Cross's line about Allen killing someone important! *strikes Objection! pose*

...because he said "if". "If I told you" to be specific.

He basically didn't confirm what he meant and instead left a message to listen to the 14th. (Or 'ask' depending on translation.) This also kinda suggests that Allen might not be completely wiped by the transformation... anyway.

A probable reason he did it could be because by telling him that, Allen would try harder to resist his full transformation into the 14th. Cross is pretty tricky afterall.
    Quote Originally Posted by cnet128's chapter 157 translation, page 5
    Kanda: Why, you... pretending you were all worn out to trick me...!!
    Allen: Deception is a key part of strategy!
    Kanda: Just die! / You fake-gentleman bastard!
    Allen: I learned it all from my master...
    So maybe Cross' true self isn't dead after all.
    Last edited by TitaniumChloride; July 19, 2009 at 09:42 AM.

My Manga List (outdated)

Shows: Supernatural, Legend of Korra
    Webcomics: Homestuck, Paranatural, Gunnerkrigg Court
    Tumblr: onewayworld

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Cross would never tell anything the Order could make sence of since he is loyal to the 14th and not the Order.
    So he would speak in a way that makes sence to Allen when he gains more acces to the powers of the 14th. Only then will Allen full understand what Cross ment.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ketorin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Cross was definitely a sneaky one. Maybe he was ordered to tell them just enough to satisfy the order about the 14th but not all(well we know he didn't tell them everything, but why?)

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing Cross is trying to do atm is give dis-information about the 14th to both sides. Hes especialy shocked about all that Leverier already knows. Someone did make an atempt to kill him or it was his own weapon that attacked him.
    I wonder how much reason an innocence would need in dealing with incompatible hosts. Like would it turn on its master if the master (Cross) gave info to the wrong person in interogation, like if it gave info to lullubell would it turn on him?

Or maybe this, the bluff of all bluffs, he shot himself and denounced his innocence on his own . If thats possible that is. He could make his escape and leave everyone in disarray trying to figure out who shot him and why. Also the noah/Earl would asume it to be an inside job and not look for Cross, while Cross starts gathering the remnants of the 14ths followers

New Reply