Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: How does time affect shinigami in Bleach?

  1. #1
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kazuma_uzumaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    301
    Post Thanks / Like

    How does time affect shinigami in Bleach?

    Really. Like most of the shinigami's are like hundreds to thousands of years old, so how exactly do they grow?
    I remember Rukia said she was a thousand years old in the beginning of the manga...
    For humans it's like this
    1-13 childhood
    14-17teen
    18-50 adult
    and 60+is senior/old man


    If Rukia right now is a thousand years old, then how old was she when she was a child?
    Same with 1st captain.
    If a youthful Rukia is 1000 how old is the old geezer?


    this might not make sense but >_> oh well

  2. #2
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    39
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How do you think time works in Bleach?

    Quote Originally Posted by kazuma_uzumaki View Post
    Really. Like most of the shinigami's are like hundreds to thousands of years old, so how exactly do they grow?
    I remember Rukia said she was a thousand years old in the beginning of the manga...
    For humans it's like this
    1-13 childhood
    14-17teen
    18-50 adult
    and 60+is senior/old man


    If Rukia right now is a thousand years old, then how old was she when she was a child?
    Same with 1st captain.
    If a youthful Rukia is 1000 how old is the old geezer?


    this might not make sense but >_> oh well
    in the manga it says that she's about 10 times older than Ichigo, meaning she's probably around 140-200 or so. I'm pretty sure that she was first off born in soul society, considering the fact that 1) there are shinigami royal families, meaning that they can reproduce, I guess, and 2) she was abandoned by her sister when she was just a baby.

    I don't think that time goes slower, I mean they were in soul society for like 15 days and when they came back it was 15 days. I just think that Souls in either worlds age slowly.
    "If God made us in his image, then he must be very Fugly"

  3. #3
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How do you think time works in Bleach?

    either that or they died..
    also have to take into consideration their age when they died

  4. #4
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member radical3113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Location,Location
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How do you think time works in Bleach?

    i brought this up in another thread coz i wanted to know why rukia and renji were so young and grew up so quick and toshirou didnt and i got shot down by everyone.
    Who the Tobi am I?

  5. #5
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Seta Soujirou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    432
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How do you think time works in Bleach?

    ya the age don't make sense...yachiru met kenpachi when they were vagrants...now as captain and vice captain...they didn't age a single bit...

    ganju also mention he saw his bro being killed by a shinigami when he was young so he didn't remember the details...but now he is old enough...does that mean he grew old mentally but not physically?

  6. #6
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    ~
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,067
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How do you think time works in Bleach?

    I don't see why both can't work. I mean, Gin and Matsumoto were "kids" when they met each other, and they can remember that hundreds of years later, so it might pass, but to them, it's slower.

  7. #7
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member radical3113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Location,Location
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How do you think time works in Bleach?

    Quote Originally Posted by Seta Soujirou View Post
    ya the age don't make sense...yachiru met kenpachi when they were vagrants...now as captain and vice captain...they didn't age a single bit...

    ganju also mention he saw his bro being killed by a shinigami when he was young so he didn't remember the details...but now he is old enough...does that mean he grew old mentally but not physically?
    ur so right ganju sed his bro was killed wen he was a kid, but we know that rukia saw the whole thing and she looks the same now as she did when kaien was killed (big big plot hole)
    Who the Tobi am I?

  8. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Neuroff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,231
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How do you think time works in Bleach?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
    in the manga it says that she's about 10 times older than Ichigo, meaning she's probably around 140-200 or so. I'm pretty sure that she was first off born in soul society, considering the fact that 1) there are shinigami royal families, meaning that they can reproduce, I guess, and 2) she was abandoned by her sister when she was just a baby.

    I don't think that time goes slower, I mean they were in soul society for like 15 days and when they came back it was 15 days. I just think that Souls in either worlds age slowly.
    Rukia was not born in Soul Society, she's from Rukongai. Only the nobles are born in Soul Society.

    Quote Originally Posted by eroda View Post
    either that or they died..
    also have to take into consideration their age when they died
    That's probably the biggest factor. They all pretty much age at the same rate, but some start out older than others. It could also be that nobles age more quickly than normal souls because they actually need to eat.

  9. #9
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How do you think time works in Bleach?

    the timeline and aging process in bleach is pretty much a big pile trash like with most stories in manga (from my experience that is)

    1. rukia did kill kaien when ganju was a little kid, however rukia didnt age a single day (physical that is)
    2. its supposed to that all dead humans go to either SS or HM, wich isnt the case either since their are pple being born in SS in the noble families
    3. gin and matsumoto can be true since we dont know how long that was.
    4. toshiro was a little kid back when his "sister" did graduate at the shinigami acadamy
    5. rukia and renji are about the same and there hasnt been given an exact timeline so we cant say much about this.

    so there are 2 stories that cant be true since the timelines dont meet very well, but "hey we arent supposed to think that far through" thats the logic behind the writers off these manga.

  10. #10
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member radical3113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Location,Location
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How do you think time works in Bleach?

    Quote Originally Posted by Richo View Post
    the timeline and aging process in bleach is pretty much a big pile trash like with most stories in manga (from my experience that is)

    1. rukia did kill kaien when ganju was a little kid, however rukia didnt age a single day (physical that is)
    2. its supposed to that all dead humans go to either SS or HM, wich isnt the case either since their are pple being born in SS in the noble families
    3. gin and matsumoto can be true since we dont know how long that was.
    4. toshiro was a little kid back when his "sister" did graduate at the shinigami acadamy
    5. rukia and renji are about the same and there hasnt been given an exact timeline so we cant say much about this.

    so there are 2 stories that cant be true since the timelines dont meet very well, but "hey we arent supposed to think that far through" thats the logic behind the writers off these manga.
    wtf what anime are u watching? when did she kill kaien?
    Who the Tobi am I?

  11. #11
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How do you think time works in Bleach?

    Quote Originally Posted by radical3113 View Post
    wtf what anime are u watching? when did she kill kaien?
    oh i am srry he just thrusted rukia her zanpakatou in his chest by himself would that be better phrased geez dont get upset....

  12. #12
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    723
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How do you think time works in Bleach?

    I think it takes a set number of years in that world for them to physically age 1 year in our world.

  13. #13
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How do you think time works in Bleach?

    I think basically you can't die in SS unless someone kills you. So time is slowed down a little

  14. #14
    Dearly Missed ;__; MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Country
    Venezuela
    Posts
    5,652
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How do you think time works in Bleach?

    this is just a general idea, but based on what we've seen till date it seems like "grownups" don't age as fast as kids, and the aging itself slows down with how much a child has grown.

    seeing that and assuming souls have a set "mass" that doesn't extend no matter how much you grow (not a mass as in weight, but a different kind of mass specific to souls), this would mean:

    growth slows down exponentially in the process of aging.

    the growth-spurt between first and 10th years is pretty fast, but still longer than in the real world (how much? i can't tell you that), 11th-15th year would already need far longer per year than the previous one, since the mass to extend into the growth isn't as big anymore, stretching mass more always takes more time/effort.
    so, when they reach ~17-18 years, where the growth is close to halted in the real world generally, they don't age very much anymore... say, like... a 15th of the time a human needs to show the same signs of growth/aging (the number IS a guess, nothing i can base it on in the manga).


    I hope I made some sense

  15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  16. #15
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kazuma_uzumaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    301
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How do you think time works in Bleach?

    If soul society is for dead people how in the hell do people age anyways?
    wouldnt you like stop aging if you were dead

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts