Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Smoker Discussion

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Smoker Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ofir271 View Post
    i guess he is almost like an admiral but not there
    We do not if he is almost like an admiral.
    He cannot have beaten Ace whereas BB could have but BB is not at an Admiral level.
    Nevertheless, the fact that Ace has been able to beat Ace at the end of the fight is linked to the fact the darkness absorbed the fire attack of Ace and he has been himself absorbed in the darkness.
    But I think that an Admiral would have been able to beat another logia user. So, Ace and Smoker not able to injure one and the other show us that they have not reached the level of the elite among the elite. For example, Rayleigh has been able to injure Kizaru which is a logia without using a natural weakness from what we have seen.
    I think Smoker is not at all at this level for the moment even if he has the advantage of the
    logia fruit.
    Moreover, Smoker has not shown us deathly attacks whereas Ao Kiji and Kizaru did with their logia powers.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Roarchu's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ofir271 View Post
    i guess he is almost like an admiral but not there
    i do think that together with bb and the futue kobi he will become luffy nemasis.
    I don't think this prediction is bad, but I put it in spoiler cuz mby some ppl wont like it

Spoiler show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Future Luffy vs Smoker fights?

Luffy has been running away from smoker ever since he realised logia intangibilities.

So, by any chance, do you ever think that Luffy could even the playing field against Smoker (haki?) or trying to find the "weakness" of smoke?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Future Luffy vs Smoker fights?

There will definitely meetings in the future (NW) if not even before in the current events. Im expecting Smoker to be a lot stronger than before, not like he displayed the full extent of his powers so far. But his newly gained scar tells me that he had some hard fights/training, thus he must be stronger. Same would go for Luffy, as we know he is stronger than his last meeting with him.

But even if Luffy has control over haki, Im seeing him still running. Can't rly explain why I do, it's just the atmosphere around them. Nevertheless, can't wait to see him. I always liked the Luffy vs Smoker encounters.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gecko Moria's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Smoker (like Blackbeard) is another one of Luffy's rivals, so of course there will be more Smoker vs. Luffy battles to come. Luffy will be sure to have an extremely difficult time against Smoker, not only because of the smoke intangibility but also because of Smoker's seastone sword (which is carries on his back most of the time). Any ideas on what the weakness of Smoker's fruit is?

Thanks to ~Coffee~ for the avatar and signature.
    Everything is possible: The impossible just takes longer.

One Piece|Gecko is bored, go post something~|The Tennis Thread

Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Moria View Post
    Any ideas on what the weakness of Smoker's fruit is?
    Beside BB I can't come up with a weakness.

Also Smoker's and Luffy's relationship is or will be probably just like Garp'S and Roger's. He can't be a rival, since his aim is not to be a PK. Luffy already has plenty of rivals (BB, SN).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Smoke dissipates and loses it's consistency with a breeze, but if we're talking hot smoke the cold would probably also get rid of it.

Wind seems the most likely weakness, but I imagine Haki will be the factor in their fight.

And yeah, Smoker is to Luffy what Garp was to Roger, or at least that's my bet. Some bet that Coby will be Luffy's "Garp", but Luffy has never been chased by Coby, so it doesn't really work.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

well smoke is not that strong really its not solid or heart you in any way unless you breath lots of it.i guess if luffy is strong enough the smoke just wont hold him in place.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Onomatopoeia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bittman View Post
    Well Smoke dissipates and loses it's consistency with a breeze, but if we're talking hot smoke the cold would probably also get rid of it.

Wind seems the most likely weakness, but I imagine Haki will be the factor in their fight.

And yeah, Smoker is to Luffy what Garp was to Roger, or at least that's my bet. Some bet that Coby will be Luffy's "Garp", but Luffy has never been chased by Coby, so it doesn't really work.
    I can't really see the bolded because it would basicly screw up Smoker big time. I mean he can't exactly lose his fighting ability every time it gets windy.

Actually in Loguetown their was a storm when the SH's were leaving. Since a storm usually includes wind does anyone have a pic of Smoker using his DF while it was storming? That could either lend proof to the theory or disprove it.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

He didn't use it while it was storming. I would agree that wind would fuck him up, but he's probably trained enough not to let anything but the strongest winds bother him.

Also, it's interesting that he didn't try to fight Dragon with the smoke while the wind was the strongest.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Darek Khort's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think wind is the opposite of smoke. Wind would be sort of like fire. In the fight with ace, none of them ever got the upper hand.

The same applies for wind. If someone had a wind df, they could possibly surround smoker and not allow him to escape a certain place; but it would never actually kill him unless the wind user could use his/her wind to entrap smoker, and continually squeeze the area smoker can move around.....and only if someone it could get to a point where the smoke becomes so compacted that it turns into something else....and somehow...kill smoker?

Smoker has a really powerful df, because there really isn't an 'opposite' to smoke. Either extreme compaction or extreme dispersion I would assume would 'defeat' Smoker. Perhaps Smoker has a 'range' that all his smoke has to stay within each other so they can't be spread out alot or something freaky happens.

Unless that is the case....his only weakness is....the sea and seastone. :<

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, smoke can be freeze since it consists in small solid particles.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Kaito View Post
    Well, smoke can be freeze since it consists in small solid particles.
    Interesting idea you have there. If that's the case, there will be many more factors Smoker will be susceptible to, though I can't think of any at the moment. =/

Like.....devil fruit of electron gun, lol, separate the particles, and there goes Smoker!

Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree really interesting, haven't thought about it. AoKiji could freeze Smoker with his breath, but touching is probably not possible.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy VS Smoker this Arc

Suddenly struck me that this is a very likely fight now that he has developed his Haki to a level where he should be able to punch a logia user and hurt him. Smoker is the main "unbeatable enemy" this far, someone that Luffy since the start has been completely unable to hurt.

I dont think we'll see any kind of conclusive fight (that wouldnt make sense, I think smoker and luffy is a relationship similar to garp and roger's and will be running till the end), but im pretty damn sure we will at least have a small run in between the two.

New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast