Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Smoker Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Smoker Discussion

i alwayd thought taht smoker would get disgusted with tthe WG and he and tashegi would join the strawhats, but doesnt seem like that is going to happen. after this battle i think the ole boy smoker will become a VA

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think smoker is the type to become a pirate at all, even if he finds out the WG is inherently evil and that crap. If smoker finds something wrong with the WG, he is not the type to just give up and goof off to have adventures(which is what the strawhats do). He would either try to change the government from the inside or find a more appropriate way to fight it(the revolutionaries seem like a good option).

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to see his face ... his reaction after seeing Luffy

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet he'd try to go after Luffy if he could. Smoker did claim he will be the one to crush Luffy in the NW. I hope that Smoker does step in and take out Croc or someone big, him and Tashigi need promotions for sure!!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poneglyph420 View Post
    I bet he'd try to go after Luffy if he could. Smoker did claim he will be the one to crush Luffy in the NW. I hope that Smoker does step in and take out Croc or someone big, him and Tashigi need promotions for sure!!
    i think thaht the smoke dawg will be promoted to vice admiral after this war and he a tashigi will go after the strawhats.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm already disappointed with the lack of Smoker faces. But then again, since the marines started fighting I haven't seen anyone with a previously remembered marine face really fight. I presume they're all a part of this Sengoku plan.

Either way, looking forward to Smoker coming back. It's still a bit too soon for him to fight Luffy I think, unless it's Luffy running away again. If Smoker is truly to be Luffy's "Garp", then Luffy needs to be shown to still be below, or at least on par, with Smoker especially since we haven't really compared the two since Alabasta.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

It could happen now. Luffy could be fast enough to land a blow or two on him now.
    Or he could awaken some of his Haki again. Luffy progresses the most during the hardest battles.
    If he doesn't progress at least a little after this, I wonder when he will. And Smoker should be stronger now then before too. I think those two are bound to meet. Oda kept him off screen during the whole battle. Must be a reason.

Maybe it was Smoker who opened the door for Luffy and others. He never was a big fan of WG and his fruit probably allows him access to many places. Who knows. We haven't exactly seen much of him. Who knows what he's thinking and what happened. Not that I would especially like that, but if there were some marines who were going to become pirates after this, Smoker would be my first guess, seeing what kind of person he is and taking into account the fact that he witnessed Roger's execution.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    It could happen now. Luffy could be fast enough to land a blow or two on him now.
    Or he could awaken some of his Haki again. Luffy progresses the most during the hardest battles.
    If he doesn't progress at least a little after this, I wonder when he will. And Smoker should be stronger now then before too. I think those two are bound to meet. Oda kept him off screen during the whole battle. Must be a reason.

Maybe it was Smoker who opened the door for Luffy and others. He never was a big fan of WG and his fruit probably allows him access to many places. Who knows. We haven't exactly seen much of him. Who knows what he's thinking and what happened. Not that I would especially like that, but if there were some marines who were going to become pirates after this, Smoker would be my first guess, seeing what kind of person he is and taking into account the fact that he witnessed Roger's execution.
    I agree that Luffy should at this point be a much greater challenge for Smoker, even able to land a few hits. However Smoker does seem to have a crucial role in fighting Luffy..

Still I think we will see Smoker in the next few chapters.. He has his own sense of justice, but I don't think he would betray the marines. Of the marines we know he is one of the most free willed. But recently he has stated he wants a promotion and to chase the SH in the NW. It would be unlikely he would be able to do so without the marines support.
    Acutually I have no clue, just I don't think it would make sense...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Smoker parallels Garp....

Does anyone else agree that Smoker to Luffy is the same as Garp was to Gold Roger? Smoker has now had Luffy cornered 3 times and had to be helped by 3 of the most powerful characters in this order... Dragon, Ace, Hancock.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Smoker parallels Garp....

I think the parallels are far more than obvious.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Estonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Smoker follows his own justice, I don't think he will ever become a pirate. He now has some kind of vengeance of taking down Luffy that has been going on for a long time. But he kind of respects Luffy in a weird way.
    I don't know if Marineford and Impel Down are connected via snailphones to transfer information, but if they are, it is plausible for Smoker to open the door because he wanted to meet Luffy again and fight him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels it finds darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." - "Reaper Man" by Terry Pratchett

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

After seeing the powers of all three admirals in this war; I think Smoker will reach the VA position at most. It's hard to imagine Smoker becoming an admiral imo.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScratchmenApoo View Post
    I don't know if Marineford and Impel Down are connected via snailphones to transfer information, but if they are, it is plausible for Smoker to open the door because he wanted to meet Luffy again and fight him.
    The prisoners that come to the battlefield result in several casualities (for both sides). Basically, if it was him, he would have killed thousands of marines.

Although, there is no way a Marine would do that, unless he is at the pirates side.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner marko71's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

About smoker. I guess he can be the next admiral, cause one of the admirals is now gonna be a fleet admiral (akainu, akoiji, maybe even kizaru).

Smoker has a logia fruit, like al the other admirals. I can't think of anyone else to fit in that position better than Smoker.

Although, he is a bit obstreperous, and a bit like garp. He likes the action, and I don't think he can have his action as an Admiral only. Vice admiral is the reality I guess.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

After rereading OP, I've come to the conclusion that Smoker is pretty epic. He's smart and pretty powerful. Definitely a badass and oen of my favorite Marines, he's not even scared of any enemies.

New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5