Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 11 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranking of Captains

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Hockeychaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 340 Discussion/341 Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by meow79 View Post
    ichigo is always strong in terms of brute strength he proves that when he go toe to toe with zaraki. the problem with him is that ichigo have poor control over his strength he like a running water tap with no control. while the other captains and espada have better control with their powers thus able to focus their strength in 1 point which is extremely deadly

the reason ichigo constant power-up after every fight is that after each fight he get better and better experience with controlling his abilities not that his own strength getting better

its that his strength is always at 100 but his control is like negative 100 but slowly moving from negative to positive thus equal he look like getting more power which infact is better control
    QFT.

Also, if you notice, he's been so rushed. Like when you hear about Byakuya and everyone else, they have decades of time to train and perfect things. (Hell, we even got a glimpse of Byakuya training 100 years ago in the pendulam arc.) What's Ichigo's training been? 10 days with Urahara before SS. 3 days in SS. Time between SS and Rukia's return. (If he trained) and Vizard training which was only a few days.

Like, hell, he's captain level with like 2 months of training MAX.

I've always been a huge fan of the belief that Ichigo's bankai is soooo incomplete. I like to think that Ichigo is actually going to get better with his bankai and he WILL get a huge bankai like everyone elses.

Just a side note: Does anyone agree with me on this point?
    Ichigo should never surpass Yamma. Yamma is the commander captain, and his reiatsu has been described as "legendary." Plus his sword is massively powerful. I'd like Ichigo to get strong, but never surpass him. I'd like to see a shoeen where the main character doesn't just become god.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 340 Discussion/341 Prediction Thread

There is something that I don't get,
    1- Why are people so in awe of ishida's qunicy mode? Sure it was powerful, but mayuri stood tehre b/c he thought his bankai would block it. He was careless. IMO that attack is at most as powerful as byakuya's shuhei hakuteiken

2- Ken is strong but don't overestimate him. Again just b/c he gave himself teh name of the strongest does not mean he is. It is like me giving myself the tile of being the smartest but that is not true. Moreover, i understand he has a high SP but how impressive is it when compared to captains like shunsui, uki, unohana, and yama?

As for the next chapter, I just hope ichigo finsih it fast b/c i am really interested in the captains

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ranking of Captains

I think that's the TOP 4 are very clear:
    1.Yama-ji
    2.Unohana
    3.Shunsui
    4.Ukitake.

The others have a very similar level (Soi Fong,Byakuya,Kempachi,Komamura), except Hitsugaya, i think he´s weaker and Mayuri, bad fighter but impossible to be killed.
    Ichigo, if he would be a Captain, he think he will be the fifth in strength.
    Aizen seems to be almost as powerful as Yamamoto, but Tousen and Gin looks like they are middle-level captains.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Rocky D. Brittania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with "Hollowfied" list completely.
    Especially about Unohana! http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/315.01/13/

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by javimgol View Post
    1.Yama-ji
    2.Unohana
    3.Shunsui
    4.Ukitake.

The others have a very similar level (Soi Fong,Byakuya,Kempachi,Komamura), except Hitsugaya, i think he´s weaker and Mayuri, bad fighter but impossible to be killed.
    Aizen seems to be almost as powerful as Yamamoto, but Tousen and Gin looks like they are middle-level captains.
    I guess that's the most likely rangking, unless that I would put Unohaha onto the 3rd rank, and Shunsui and Ukitake equal on the 2nd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    You wont believe it, but some guy has just asked me for pussy pics. Jeez, so many creeps nowadays. Being a girl on the internet sucks.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by javimgol View Post
    1.Yama-ji
    2.Unohana
    3.Shunsui
    4.Ukitake.

2. It was hinted that Shunsui and Ukitake were the top 2. It hasn't been hinted that Unohana is godlike.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Forever_Melody's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Unohana apparently scares Kyouraku when she gets mad and if you look at her stats, she has 100 in a few areas as well, so she isn't weak either it seems.

But yes, Kyouraku and Ukitake are hinted at being among the strongest captain(since they with Unohana & Yamamoto are also the oldest captains).

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on her stats and the respect she has from the other captains along with her calm demeanor even against both aizen and gin shows that she is quite a powerful captain. IMO she is along the level of ukitake and shunsui as many have stated. The thing is we have yet to see her strength, but most people assume that just b/c she is a healer means she is weak in combat.

ps. Wasn't there an inerview where it said that unohana will get a very in depth fight in the war??

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gecko Moria's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Melody View Post
    Unohana apparently scares Kyouraku when she gets mad and if you look at her stats, she has 100 in a few areas as well, so she isn't weak either it seems.

But yes, Kyouraku and Ukitake are hinted at being among the strongest captain(since they with Unohana & Yamamoto are also the oldest captains).
    Judging by her shikai and stats I dont believe Unohona's bankai will be anything too aggressive. She probably prefers to use a combination kido, shunpo, and sword-to-sword combat.

Thanks to ~Coffee~ for the avatar and signature.
    Everything is possible: The impossible just takes longer.

One Piece|Gecko is bored, go post something~|The Tennis Thread

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Moria View Post
    Judging by her shikai and stats I dont believe Unohona's bankai will be anything too aggressive. She probably prefers to use a combination kido, shunpo, and sword-to-sword combat.
    Well, we haven't seen Unohana use her shikai in any sort of offensive capacity yet. Thus, it might be too soon to judge its offensive capabilities. As I and others have mentioned in Unohana's own discussion thread, her shikai could be capable of a lot more than just turning into a giant manta ray with restorative gastric juices.

Her profile in the databook states that her greatest strength lies in her swordsmanship. Thus, I would expect her to be pretty deadly with a sword (to the point of surgical precision). Since her stats seem to favor offense more than defense, I would expect a certain ruthlessness in battle that seems to have been hinted at by several characters throughout the manga whenever it concerned arousing her anger.

Given how relatively low her speed stats are (relative to how high other captains are), I wouldn't expect too much from her in hohou department. Her high kidou stats may be more of a reflection of her skills in healing, but I would not be surprised to see her using hadou and bakudou with a good deal of proficiency.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well perhaps she can aptly use Bakudou as her squad is able ot use shield spells from the Bakudou arts.

As for her skills themselves, I'm sure she can be a deadly fighter f she wishes to be. Tsukisama's idea of her Zanjutsu being strong enough to pinpoint specific spots(thanks to her medical knowledge) would make for interesting fights

Also, I remember reading somewhere that the manga never stated if the manta ray was her Shikai or her Bankai. I can't seem to find any reference to either in the manga though

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Melody View Post
    Also, I remember reading somewhere that the manga never stated if the manta ray was her Shikai or her Bankai. I can't seem to find any reference to either in the manga though
    The idea that the manta ray is her shikai comes from a video game in which it is named as her shikai. It is believed that Kubo may have been consulted on the matter by some (largely because Kaien Shiba's zanpakutou was correctly revealed first in a video game). It is possible that it is not her shikai, but I am more inclined to think that Kubo would not have shown her bankai so easily.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I'm also thinking it would be her Shikai, but someone argued it wasn't and I had no cannon proof that it was >.>

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Well since we haven't seen the bankais of Ukitake and Shunsui I would also guess, that's Unohana haven't shown us her bankai, too..

I would love to see her in a fight in Huego Mundo, maybe with Yammy or sth, but then she said "We're not here to shed blood but to heal" -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    You wont believe it, but some guy has just asked me for pussy pics. Jeez, so many creeps nowadays. Being a girl on the internet sucks.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gecko Moria's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukisama View Post
    Well, we haven't seen Unohana use her shikai in any sort of offensive capacity yet. Thus, it might be too soon to judge its offensive capabilities. As I and others have mentioned in Unohana's own discussion thread, her shikai could be capable of a lot more than just turning into a giant manta ray with restorative gastric juices.

Her profile in the databook states that her greatest strength lies in her swordsmanship. Thus, I would expect her to be pretty deadly with a sword (to the point of surgical precision). Since her stats seem to favor offense more than defense, I would expect a certain ruthlessness in battle that seems to have been hinted at by several characters throughout the manga whenever it concerned arousing her anger.

Given how relatively low her speed stats are (relative to how high other captains are), I wouldn't expect too much from her in hohou department. Her high kidou stats may be more of a reflection of her skills in healing, but I would not be surprised to see her using hadou and bakudou with a good deal of proficiency.
    Due to her high perception when dealing with healing, I can see her as being someone who analyses her opponents to figure out weaknesses and then use kidou to hinder them and swordsmanship as the main fighting method (bit like Byakuya).
    Last edited by Gecko Moria; January 19, 2009 at 04:32 PM.

Thanks to ~Coffee~ for the avatar and signature.
    Everything is possible: The impossible just takes longer.

One Piece|Gecko is bored, go post something~|The Tennis Thread

New Reply
Page 11 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast