Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 12 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 1160

Thread: Ranking of Captains

  1. #166
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    17,605
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ranking of Captains

    Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Melody View Post
    Yeah I'm also thinking it would be her Shikai, but someone argued it wasn't and I had no cannon proof that it was >.>
    Here we can see unohana sealing her sword though. Pretty clear minazuki is her zampakuto IMO. Although, minazuki is pretty big for a shikai, is it posible that what we are seeing is BK lol?
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/154/04/

  2. #167
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Where the Red Fern Grows
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Posts
    6,099
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ranking of Captains

    I think if unohana shows her skills she will be one of those silent killers whose strength relies on kido after kido. While she has her zan ready in case she needs it. That is just how I see it.

    As for her shikai, I think the manta ray is shikai not bankai. I say her shikai is not really a manta ray but a healing mist that she can turn into anything

  3. #168
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ryanzokuken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,452
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 345 Discussion / 346 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I actually wanted to talk about Isshin either being Zero squard of the Kenpachi of 100 years ago. In the anime, They stated that the 10th squad captain was extremely lazy and blows off the inducting of Urahara. This could be a good sign with that type of personality that matches Isshin.

    Don't get me wrong he could have been Zero Squad too much makes alot of sense as it why Ichigo is so freaking amazing. Like father like son.

    Gotta quickly through out Isshin is a Shiba imo. It's why Ichigo has so much in common with that SS Family.
    when talking about the new kenpachi, didn't someone say "blame the last kenpachi for losing to him." when talking about how bad the new one is?

    and wasn't Zaraki the only person to become captain by the method of killing the previous captain?

    also, when Ichigo first faught Ikkaku and said who trained him (Urahara Kisuke) Ikkaku knew who that was and it even showed a picture of Urahara in his captain garb, as in Ikkaku remembering him. he was all shocked and in awe. (one of our early hints at Urahara's awesomeness)
    Ikkaku joined the gotei 13 after Zaraki was captain of squad 11, did he not? he and Yumi showed up all smiles. (Ikkaku had fought and lost to Zaraki outside of the gotei 13)

    so if Ikkaku was around to know of Urahara back in the day, as well as the previously mentioned method of how the new Kenpachi actually became Kenpachi...

    Zaraki = the kenpachi of the pendulum arc that we heard about and never saw.
    Last edited by ryanzokuken; February 16, 2009 at 11:42 PM.

  4. #169
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,287
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 345 Discussion / 346 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanzokuken View Post
    when talking about the new kenpachi, didn't someone say "blame the last kenpachi for losing to him." when talking about how bad the new one is?

    and wasn't Zaraki the only person to become captain by the method of killing the previous captain?

    Zaraki = the kenpachi of the pendulum arc that we heard about and never saw.
    No.. that is how the title is passed on. Apparently you have to defeat the previous Kenpachi. That's what I'm drawing from it. If you remember.. Tousen was A CAPTAIN when Zaraki became the Kenpachi.

  5. #170
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ryanzokuken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,452
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 345 Discussion / 346 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    No.. that is how the title is passed on. Apparently you have to defeat the previous Kenpachi. That's what I'm drawing from it. If you remember.. Tousen was A CAPTAIN when Zaraki became the Kenpachi.
    can you (or anyone) please link me to where is says all Kenpachis defeat the previous in order to take the position?


    i was under the impression that the tradition was just that all squad 11 captains are called Kenpachi and Kenpachi is the title for the one who loves battle the most.


    although i do remember that Tousen was a captain at the time of Zaraki's victory.

    conflicting plot points, it seems. the Ikkaku thing i mentioned and Tousen being a captain, i mean.

  6. #171
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kravmaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    832
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 345 Discussion / 346 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanzokuken View Post
    can you (or anyone) please link me to where is says all Kenpachis defeat the previous in order to take the position?
    Although that exact and incontestable wording wasn't used, I believe these are what people usually refer to:
    Reference to the tradition:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/315.01/11/
    And reference to the fact the previous one died:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/315.01/14/

    These couple panels, added to the fact tousen became a captain at the time zaraki rolled in would seem to indicate that either:
    a) zaraki wasn't the first one to kill a captain for his position
    or
    b) plothole/bad translation
    "Old mangas never die. They just end up as jump square specials." -Kagura Yato

  7. #172
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Oni Shinigami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 345 Discussion / 346 Prediction Thread

    By the way in my last comment I wasn't saying Unohana isn't terribly strong; I'm just saying sometimes you or your inner hollow has to handle his business.

    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/315.01/13/

    I'm sure the bitch be off the hook.

    Ukitake and Shunsui call her "SENPAI" and state her terror!!!!!

  8. #173
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member moonster x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    on the ground
    Country
    Malaysia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 345 Discussion / 346 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kravmaga View Post
    Although that exact and incontestable wording wasn't used, I believe these are what people usually refer to:
    Reference to the tradition:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/315.01/11/
    And reference to the fact the previous one died:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/315.01/14/

    These couple panels, added to the fact tousen became a captain at the time zaraki rolled in would seem to indicate that either:
    a) zaraki wasn't the first one to kill a captain for his position
    or
    b) plothole/bad translation
    i think it is a mistranslation,i read FH scan and it say the holder of the name kenpachi always serves as the 11th division captain... so it mean zaraki kenpachi just not the only one have a kenpachi name.and i just think zaraki wasn't the first one to kill a captain for his position

    i think ichigo potential is limitless like saiyan , he just need more experience and learn how to use his power to the fullest.after he fight with grimm his shinigami power got mature and when he use his vizard mode his power increase like we all see...aargghh... he need to learn cero that can be use after launch a getsuga...

  9. #174
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 345 Discussion / 346 Prediction Thread

    On the Kenpachi issue, its seems the captain of the eleventh squad is given that title. I think the eleventh squad has (always?) generally been known as the strongest.
    I belive it was stated that "Kenpachi" was the title given to the strongest Soul Reaper.
    The current Kenpachi was from the Zaraki district eighty. He killed the previous captain of squad eleven, took the captainship and the title known as kenpachi, as-well as having it for his name.

    What we don't know is the exact time frame of when the current Kenpachi became the captain of squad eleven.

    Prediction for the next chapter...

    Ichigo will be shown to be able to hold his own against the released Ulquiorra. He will be pushed to his limit and then summon his horse/Ogichi out to battle. Ulquiorra tosses off his dress leaving the top bare showing how evil / human his release really looks like.


  10. #175
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted toussaintac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,480
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 345 Discussion / 346 Prediction Thread

    What does Kenpachi mean?
    "We hunt you down without mercy; Hunt you down all nightmare long."

  11. #176
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member CaptFamous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    218
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 345 Discussion / 346 Prediction Thread

    I believe, with these kanji, Kenpachi means "fast sword", or something like. Gruesomely, it also seems to be a homophone for "snapping tendon".
    I aint the only one who's serious

  12. #177
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member R4zr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    24
    Posts
    270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 345 Discussion / 346 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptFamous View Post
    I believe, with these kanji, Kenpachi means "fast sword", or something like. Gruesomely, it also seems to be a homophone for "snapping tendon".
    i remember Ikkaku saying something like "Kenpachi means : it doesn't matter how many times you hit me with a sword,i will not fall to the ground" but i'm not a Japanese translator so i will trust your words XD(though ikkaku's explanation matches the character perfectly lol)

  13. #178
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member stepsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    122
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 345 Discussion / 346 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie-Kun View Post
    On the Kenpachi issue, its seems the captain of the eleventh squad is given that title. I think the eleventh squad has (always?) generally been known as the strongest.
    I belive it was stated that "Kenpachi" was the title given to the strongest Soul Reaper.
    The current Kenpachi was from the Zaraki district eighty. He killed the previous captain of squad eleven, took the captainship and the title known as kenpachi, as-well as having it for his name.

    What we don't know is the exact time frame of when the current Kenpachi became the captain of squad eleven.

    Prediction for the next chapter...

    Ichigo will be shown to be able to hold his own against the released Ulquiorra. He will be pushed to his limit and then summon his horse/Ogichi out to battle. Ulquiorra tosses off his dress leaving the top bare showing how evil / human his release really looks like.
    Title Kenpachi was given to the shinigami that craved battles the most, practiclly the one that lives for battles, and as u stated defeats the current one.

    Yeah i would also wanna see Ogichi/Shirosaki next session but im afraid we will either see Rukia or some crap fight that doesnt matter, but ill keep my thumbs up for Ichigo to get his ass handed to him
    Last edited by stepsa; February 17, 2009 at 03:38 PM.

  14. #179
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Infernal Stigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    236
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 345 Discussion / 346 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ultibankai View Post
    Yes, I agree. Let there be peace!! If Shunsui is fighting the strongest espada, while Unohana was sent to Hueco Mundo, I don't believe she is as powerful as everyone is hoping she is. Just my point of view. Shunsui and Ukitake are led on by Kubo to be the strongest of the Gotei 13, under the Commanding Captain of course.

    @cleodux: I believe Ichigo was a substitute shinigami when he was using Rukia's powers, but now that he is using the power he inherited from his father he "IS" a real shinigami, although his power is a bit immature. Imagine that, his powers are still immature and yet he's up there with the strongest of the captains from Soul Society.
    sorry iam gona have to disagree with you there. shinsui and ukitake are not that strong. where were they ever implied to be the best. i dont even believe that shinsui is even better than ichigo. he got beat by a kid in diamond dust rebellion, and he needed help to fight the old man, whom they didn't even scratch. people might say he got caught off guard in the movie but, that just shows he's weak. i can't imagine aizen or even ichigo getting caught off guard. other people might say stark was impressed with shinsui's swing but stark was also surprised at the old man's attack and the espada's didn't even flinch. shinsui's going to get raped.

  15. #180
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,711
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 345 Discussion / 346 Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Infernal Stigma View Post
    sorry iam gona have to disagree with you there. shinsui and ukitake are not that strong. where were they ever implied to be the best. i dont even believe that shinsui is even better than ichigo. he got beat by a kid in diamond dust rebellion, and he needed help to fight the old man, whom they didn't even scratch. people might say he got caught off guard in the movie but, that just shows he's weak. i can't imagine aizen or even ichigo getting caught off guard. other people might say stark was impressed with shinsui's swing but stark was also surprised at the old man's attack and the Espada's didn't even flinch. Shunsui's going to get raped.
    I think Kubo has lead on that Shunsui and Ukitake are incredibly strong. First of all, they are two of the oldest captains, and I think Yamamoto himself said something about them being the best in the academy (I'm probably wrong here). Furthermore, they both have the only two zanpakutou that are in their own category (being the only dual-zanpakutou in Soul Society). You say Shunsui wasn't caught off guard by Kusaka in the 2nd movie....but I'm pretty sure I saw surprise when he saw ice come out of nowhere.

    As for the part I bolded.....you really can't imagine Ichigo being caught off guard? Really?

New Reply
Page 12 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts