Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranking of Captains

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 345 Discussion / 346 Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Infernal Stigma View Post
    sorry iam gona have to disagree with you there. shinsui and ukitake are not that strong. where were they ever implied to be the best. i dont even believe that shinsui is even better than ichigo. he got beat by a kid in diamond dust rebellion, and he needed help to fight the old man, whom they didn't even scratch. people might say he got caught off guard in the movie but, that just shows he's weak. i can't imagine aizen or even ichigo getting caught off guard. other people might say stark was impressed with shinsui's swing but stark was also surprised at the old man's attack and the espada's didn't even flinch. shinsui's going to get raped.
    Are you reading the same manga the rest of us lol?
    First pice of evidence kyuoraku and ukitake are THAT strong and perhabs more:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/155/09/

Yamamoto, who has been a shinigami for thousands of years acknowledge those two are the best. Now, why take yamas word for strenth?
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/315.01/13/
    Taking a look at that it is evident that captains dont really last that long in general. I dont think they all get promoted and some were said to die, so the fact that kyoraku and ukitake have been in several generations of captains and are acknowledge as strong by yama who has been captain god knows how long...

BTW you are probably the only person who would actually look down on ukitake and kyoraku for not being able to scratch yamamoto. Its a miracle in itself that those two are even alive lol.

Also movies are not cannon, you cannot use them to prove points in the manga lol(unless kubo says the movies are cannon which I dont believe he has).

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ranking of Captains

A miracle that htey were alive? neither of them even had ascratch on them after the fight, neither did Yama, which suggests that they were fighting on equal terms before Aizen's treachery was revealed.

By PRAISE ALONE, I'd have to put Old Yama, Ukitake, and SHunsui in the highest tier of captain rankings for the current captains at least. Unohana maybe up there too.

THen afterwards a couple of mid tier captains such as byakuya, kenpachi, and possibly soifon.

Afterwards in the low tier I would consider Komamura (who MIGHT be in mid tier, we havn't seen him in a more prolonged fight yet where he can display his skills), Mayuri, and Hitsugaya.

THat's just my opinion.

Then Aizen would also be in the high tier, Gin would likely be mid or high tier, and I see Tousen as mid tier.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Not much was shown of the state they were in but they did show kyoraku and ukitake with a few bruises on their faces and limited bodyparts that were shown. Not to mention just the heat from yamamotos blade must be taxing too. And yama doesnt seem to beat up in the background. Also if you consider nanaos statement that it was foolish to think ikutake and kyoraku standed a chance in hell was naive, it is pretty clear how big the diference must be between them.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Tousen's bankai has so many flaws. Byakuya's shikai could defeat it. Heck, Matsumoto's shikai could defeat it even! Tousen is just an overrated lunatic.

I think Gin is exceptionally strong though. Since young he was touted to be stronger than Byakuya, and we all know how awesome Byakuya is. Gin is definitely very powerful.

Hitsugaya has tonnes of potential probably, but he hasn't harnessed all of it yet. He isn't a high level Captain right now, but he has the potential to be. Afterall his Zanpakto is the Ice/Water version of Yamma-jii's.

Zaraki is obviously strong as hell, being able to overcome the 5th espada with sheer reiatsu and brute force is insane.

I'd rank the captains like this (including the traitors)

1. Yammamotto
    2. Aizen
    3. Kyoraku
    4. Unohana
    5. Ukitake (If he wasn't sick, I'd put him on par with Kyoraku)
    6. Zaraki/Byakua (Byakuya has tactics and kidou, and Zaraki is Zaraki.)
    8. Ichimaru Gin
    9. Hitsugaya Toushiro
    10. Fox man
    11. Soi Fong
    12. Crazy Scientist (Rated above Tousen because with preparation, he can easily crush that blind idiot.)
    13. Tousen

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Riz3n's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I think if we r including Aizen and his group then we should include urahara and others too

i think we should include urahara , yourichi and others as well

and we dont know anything about Isshinm as well
    Last edited by Riz3n; February 18, 2009 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member studiokid's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea we should do it with all the captains we've seen so far, but without there vizard powers.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryanzokuken View Post
    can you (or anyone) please link me to where is says all Kenpachis defeat the previous in order to take the position?

i was under the impression that the tradition was just that all squad 11 captains are called Kenpachi and Kenpachi is the title for the one who loves battle the most.

although i do remember that Tousen was a captain at the time of Zaraki's victory.

conflicting plot points, it seems. the Ikkaku thing i mentioned and Tousen being a captain, i mean.
    I don't believe he was a captain at teh time. If u remember from the flashback, most members of the 9th squad wore a white coat so no i don't think he was captain

Quote Originally Posted by Infernal Stigma View Post
    sorry iam gona have to disagree with you there. shinsui and ukitake are not that strong. where were they ever implied to be the best. i dont even believe that shinsui is even better than ichigo. he got beat by a kid in diamond dust rebellion, and he needed help to fight the old man, whom they didn't even scratch. people might say he got caught off guard in the movie but, that just shows he's weak. i can't imagine aizen or even ichigo getting caught off guard. other people might say stark was impressed with shinsui's swing but stark was also surprised at the old man's attack and the espada's didn't even flinch. shinsui's going to get raped.
    Shunsui and uki are definitely as strong as the author has made them out to be
    1- shunssui is fighting evenly against teh 1st espada w/o bankai while ichi needed both bankai and mask to keep up with unreleased 4th espada. Big difference!!!
    2- movie is not official canon, so don't bring that up
    3- They are the most revered captains aside from yama, even youruichi recognized that

As for unohana being in HM, she is a healer, so she is needed. Another thing is that sending ur men into the enemy;s lair, u need to send someone u can trust to protect them, and unohana being around the longest with the others means that she is qualified for the job

Here is my list
    Tier 1:
    yama
    aizen
    shunsui
    ukitake
    unohana

Tier 2:
    urahara
    youruichi

Tier 3:
    Byakuya
    Zaraki
    soifon
    gin
    captain shinji

Tier 4:
    tousen
    rose
    and the other captain vizards
    hitsugaya
    konohmura
    Last edited by Raizen; February 18, 2009 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    I don't believe he was a captain at teh time. If u remember from the flashback, most members of the 9th squad wore a white coat so no i don't think he was captain
    Compare the two white coats though: Tousen's flashback to Zaraki and Tousen during the gaiden. They are different, and the outfit Tousen is wearing in his flashback is the exact same as his captain uniform in the modern day, implying that he was a captain at the time.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Tousen had the white thing in his flashback and in the gaiden, but wasnt mugurama captain at the time of the gaiden? Also it was implied zaraki became a captain even before the first chapter of the gaiden.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Tousen had the white thing in his flashback and in the gaiden, but wasnt mugurama captain at the time of the gaiden? Also it was implied zaraki became a captain even before the first chapter of the gaiden.
    I am not sure what you are saying. As I showed in my last post, the two white coats are different from the gaiden and Tousen's flashback. It has not been hinted when Zaraki became a captain. In fact, the only real hint that we have had to this was Tousen's flashback to the event of Kenpachi becoming captain, and since Tousen is wearing his captain uniform and not the other white coat from the gaiden, it would imply that Kenpachi became captain after the gaiden.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Smudj's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Unohana is the oldest Captain. It's not an exact statement, but it is implied on this page that she's older than Shunsui and Ukitake http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/315.01/13/

Someone said that she isn't strong because yammamoto sent her with byakuya, kenpachi and mayuri to HM while taking the other captains to fake Karakura.Well, Yammamoto didn't recon that Aizen would seal the captains in HM so that they couldn't join the fight in Karakura later. Byakuya and Kenpachi were also sent to HM and I don't think they're weaker than Hitsugaya and Komamura who went with Yammamoto to fight the strongest opponents. I'm pretty sure Yammamoto would swap Hitsugaya with Unohana,Byakuya or Kenpachi if he could

I found interesting info on http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page about Unohana. It says that swordifighting is her specialty, so she surely must have great offensive skill. Her kido is without doubt suberb. Her shikai is already a great mass healing device so it is possible that her bankai is purely offensive.

I doubt she's the strongest captain, but i'm pretty sure she's in top 3,4 , not counting Aizen and Yammamoto.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Those stats dont reflect actual strength but potential. In that sense, the info they give doesnt really tell us anything about how strong she actually is but it does tell us she is pretty close to her limit in diferent areas of combat and is not bound to get much stronger. Anyways, if you base your ranks purely on stats, your rank is pretty much meaningless lol given what stats actually represent.

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Those stats dont reflect actual strength but potential. In that sense, the info they give doesnt really tell us anything about how strong she actually is but it does tell us she is pretty close to her limit in diferent areas of combat and is not bound to get much stronger. Anyways, if you base your ranks purely on stats, your rank is pretty much meaningless lol given what stats actually represent.
    my rankings have no correlation with the stats. Also what you've just said

"doesnt really tell us anything about how strong she actually is but it does tell us she is pretty close to her limit in diferent areas of combat and is not bound to get much stronger."

is a pure assumption, it is as likely to be true as false. If anything these stats are the best indications of the captains strength then anyone's pure hypothesis; as they are a direct publication by those affiliated with publishing bleach

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont question the veracity of the stats, I am simply saying that the information the stats provide us is not actual strength but each individual shinigamis potential in that area. That said, for example if it says unohana has 100% in any given stat, it means she has reached her limit in that area. Given that it is HER limit, she could be 10000 stronger than anyone else with the same 100 or actually enormously weaker. If a character has 80% in a stat, it means that character is at 80% of his own limit. That has been discussed quite a bit around this forums, you can ask anyone and you'll get the same answers, unless I was seriously misslead by some posters around here lol.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Smudj's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont question the veracity of the stats, I am simply saying that the information the stats provide us is not actual strength but each individual shinigamis potential in that area. That said, for example if it says unohana has 100% in any given stat, it means she has reached her limit in that area. Given that it is HER limit, she could be 10000 stronger than anyone else with the same 100 or actually enormously weaker. If a character has 80% in a stat, it means that character is at 80% of his own limit. That has been discussed quite a bit around this forums, you can ask anyone and you'll get the same answers, unless I was seriously misslead by some posters around here lol.
    Can you tell me where does it say in the data books that those numbers show potential ? I believe that it is possible but is it a fact or just an assumption?

New Reply
Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast