Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 29 of 78 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranking of Captains

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Mayumura's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ranking of Captains

Quote Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
    That "victory" never counts for anything. It was COMPLETELY plot-induced.
    U can say the same about anything lol.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    U can say the same about anything lol.
    No. You honestly believe Kenpachi is weaker than shikai Ichigo? That's just

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

1.Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto: Strongest Shinigami in SS even with one arm. Aizen himself admitted without sealing his zanpoktou's abilities with Wonderwise he wouldn't be able to beat him.

2.Sōsuke Aizen: Claimed to be twice as strong for the average captain and he more than supports the claim. Can cast lv90 kidou spells, absolute hypnosis....Took out around 8 captains effortlessly....Aizen is just scary only The Commander was out of his league.

3.Shunsui Kyōraku: I believe if not for Aizen's haxxed zanpoktou ability Shunsui gives him a run for his money. Shunsui doesn't like to drag fights out he goes straight for the kill prefers to strike from his opponents blind spots. He is very dangerous he wouldn't lose to any of the other captains maybe except for Unohana..

4.Retsu Unohana / Jūshirō Ukitake: Unohana's battle capability has been highlighted through dialogue from both Aizen who's "absolute hypnosis" was seen through by her, and her friends that she's no push over at all. That getting on her bad side means getting hurt bad. Ukitake now is a very formidable opponent and is almost on equal setting with Shunsui but he's obviously Terminally ill and isn't always 100% during battle. He's very much a wild card in battle which is why I place him with another senior Captain who's powers should rival each other.

5.Kisuke Urahara: Now Urahara is such a talented Shinigami it's hard to say if he's as strong as Shunsui because of his vast knowledge. But i Place him underneath them in terms of power and skill. Cause Byakuya can't beat him, Kenpachi I hate to say it would be beaten with a gadget or trick.

6.Gin Ichimaru- Best Character in all of bleach. Honestly Killing him was the beat Thing Kubo Tite could have done.....Anywho's lol He's STRONG. Much stronger than Ichigo apparently and obviously he was preping Ichigo as a fail safe to kill Aizen if he failed. His bankia's ability and speed is why I placed him over Yourichi, all he needs to do is knick you with his bankia and it's all over for you.

7.Yoruichi Shihōin- Only people faster than her imo is Yamamoto and Aizen. I think Shunsui can travel further a distance than her maybe just alil bit faster, everybody else can only come close on at best match....Shunpo is still what she excells at and Flash cry is why she's the God of Flash Step....if she still posses a Zanpoktou she would boast more power but I believe she left it and it becomes Soi Fon's in the end.

8.Byakuya/ Kenpachi: Kubo Tite seems he doesn't really wanna show who's stronger, I vote Kenpachi cause he took out #5 and Byakuya too out #7. Kenpachi honestly could have ended his fight much sooner if he was a serious person, Byakuya on the other hand didn't know how to counter until losing 2 tendon muscles.....But they are just about the same. Kenpachi=Destructive power Byakuya= Versatile/ Technical

9.Kaname Tōsen: With his Bankia he can kill Komamura pretty simple which is why he's above him on my list. Tosen got owned by Kenpachi but so did Komamura and it was obvious Kenpachi was gonna beat both em. But he's strengthen since then and I fail to see how Hitsugaya is stronger. he deserves this spot.

10.Suì-Fēng: 1st I must say 2 hit kill is Great and all but Aizen has shown it doesn't work on people who's reiatsu is much stronger than hers. And Hitting a captain in the same spot twice she's faster than most but it's gonna be hard.. And her bankia is great deals a lot of damage. But reason why Tosen is above her because his bankia would immobile her and her bankia would be useless she wouldn't know where to fire. They actually may be interchangeable

11.Tōshirō Hitsugaya: If this was a popularity contest he's definitely in the top 5 but this is not. Hitsugaya battle prowness in the Bleach Universe has been highly misrepresented by kubo who owns Bleach cause obviously a strong Plot is not his concern. Hitsugaya was shown in Bankia mode a captain struggling wit a Fraccion somebody outside the Espada who's powers didn't come close to many of them....Limit removed or not it shouldn;t have happened not while in Bankia mode. Then there's Luppi who K.O'd him he then came back...So him fighting #3!! Espada on even terms even though she was still stronger was BS!... After his Ice Clone the fight should have been one sided... This is his true worth where I put him seriously he's not that strong yet.

12.Sajin Kommamura- Straight forward brute force and over sized attacks. He's simply powerful and durable capable to lose a limb or 2 and still fight. He's imo nothing special but he's posses superior strength to some of the other captains.

13.Mayuri Kurotsuchi-Battle Prowness I say he's last place but he makes up for it with his knowledge. As seen when he beat Szayel which by his ability was almost unbeatable which we know isn't exactly true but w/e. Mayuri is still a genius and his poison=death and his shikia would be a female dog to get sliced by each time. He could easily beat the lower ranking captains with prep time.

1-5 could perhaps change deeper into the series seeing how None of their Bankia have been shown yet.

6-8 They are close these would be really good fights.

11-13 Each have a shot at beating each other.

This is my opinions from what I've interpret from the series so far. Ichigo w/o mask pre timeskip would be 6 1/2 Lol 7 at best. He posses the power of #2 but he lacks skill and control to portray #2 power constantly......Tiers are the best to rank Bleach Characters due to large contradictions by Tite and lack of explanation in Ichigo's real growth as a Shinigami.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mifune_Taichou's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

I apologise in advance but this post will be LONG. I thought, since I have not been on the forums in ages and I am procrastinating doing an essay on Jurisprudence, I might as well come back in style. Plus, the OP did say rank all captains, old and new so lets follow instructions to the letter shall we. This is my opinion of course, but I would discourage people from replying to my post with something like "are you mad, you can't have X at position Y, it clearly should be Z!". Since this is how I see it, I won't change my mind because someone goes crazy with caps lock on here

NB: I will be using captain Aizen not Butterfly Aizen az that's a haxed form which was only tested against another super haxed form (FinalGTIchigo) and so we have no bearings. Will not be using Ichigo at all since 1.He's not a captian and 2. as the protagonist his power fluctuates like crazy so its so hard to judge.

NB2: Isshin would be ranked above basic Aizen in any event since he completely spanked him, but as we don't know if he was actually a captain, he can't have a place here.

NB3: Unohana's never fought, can't really rank her.

1. Yamamoto - this really is a no brainer. Aizen said specifically he was stronger than him, leaving him as the clear winner. I don't really see any point in elaborating, it's that obvious. The man is the ultimate beast.

2. Urahara Kisuke - Aizen said that he would have lost to Urahara if he was in his normal state. That means Urahara>Captain Aizen. That's clearly not something anyone else can say as Aizen r4p3d all of them viciously. It is not certain if Aizen meant that even with KS he would not have won, but for now I'll trust the great man himself in his own assessment. That said my number 2 and 3 are basically interchangeable. Also about Urahara, his shikai attack did about as much damage as Soi Fon's bankai so...the man is scary.

3. Aizen Sousuke-even at just captain level, need I say more. He's a beast in raw stats and has the most haxed out Zan in the history of anything, ever. The only people you can comfortably put as being stronger than him are the ones he himself says would be.

4. Kyoraku Shunsui - supposed to have been the strongest outside of Yama before everyone found out how incredible Aizen is. Everything we've seen proves this-killing the no.1 espada with just shikai-badass and beyond the rest (apart from those above of course)

5. Ukitake Joushiro - should be about the same strength as Shunsui, but his unreliable health holds him back. Plus so far his Zan does not seem to have the same attacking potential.

6. Kuchiki Byakuya - Byakuya is if anything underrated imo. He has the perfect balance in his zan, crazy power, awesome speed and skill, as well as great kido. He's basically the perfect warrior, he only needs to up his power levels (and lower his pride levels). Also, even though he "lost" to ichigo, in fact he could have killed him several times over if he wanted and was taking him easy the whole fight. He could have killed him afterwards with kido as well. So he is at least as strong as basic bankai Ichigo. Furthermore he was one half of the team that butchered Yami, while Ichigo could barely scratch him. True Ichigo was at half reiatsu but Byakuya wasn't near full power either. Also, Senkei is a super hax technique if he would use it right-he wanted to kill Ichigo with his own hands, but if he didn't all those swords could just skewer you at once, and then you iz DED. :P

7. Hitsugaya Toushiro - NOTE TO Hitsuhaters-I don't care, pls save it. There is this irrational hatred of Hitsugaya on this forum, I can't quite work it out. Either way, most of the arguments against him being strong are nonsensical so I won't give them credence. It is unfair to judge him as the only captain to have fought with his limiter. Beyond that when he fough Luppi, he was taken by surprise, took virtually no damage from the 6th espada's best attack and then one hit killed him. Not that bad. He then defeated the 3rd espada without taking any damage. Yes, I know it hurts, but its true. He's obviously not as strong as the ones above yet, though as per Shunsui's words he probably will become stronger. So far his problem is close range fighting-he is skilled but possibly because he is tiny he's not that strong. Apart from that though, his techniques are versatile, sometimes hax and extremely powerful so only fools would bet against him. Can Kenpachi, Gin and Shinji kill him? Yeah, probably, but he can easily do the same to them. He's already bested Gin Shikai vs Shikai and while Gin's bankai is incredibly dangerous it seems to have less "power" than Hitsugaya's. Zaraki is stronger in terms of reiatsu but is very likely to just be frozen by a flying Hitsugaya.

8. Zaraki Kenpachi - Kenpachi is just awesome-i put him as weaker than Byakuya because he lost to shikai ichigo while going almost all out (no kendo) while it took Ichigo bankai (10x strength increase) to barely beat Byakuya, and even then that was disputable at least regarding strength. Byakuya is also more versatile. That said, Kenpachi is crazy strong and if he goes around fighting for the kill from the word go, no eyepatch and with kendo he would be at a hair's breath from Byakuya and would be a threat to anyone. Plus, it may actually be impossible to kill him o.00

9. Ichimaru Gin/ Hirako Shinji. - I couldn't make my mind up here. Gin is crazy deadly, but I reckon Shinji's base stats are higher, both originally and now as a Visored. Plus is zan is also very tricky, but its hard to put him above or below if we don't know what his bankai is. Still, he's shown he's very strong and defs in my mind stronger than the ones who find themselves below.

10. Love/Rose - I'm not a massive fan of either of their personalities or zanpakutoh's but I will give them the benefit of a doubt. Plus they have Masks which obviously is a factor. We've only seen their shikai's and while not great are better than a lot of shikais which have since led to awesome bankais so we will have to see.

11. Komamura/Tousen/Soi Fon. I reckon those three are roughly at the same level. I'm talking Captain Tousen here only. Komamura is probably the strongest in terms of power, Tousen's bankai is the most dangerous if he uses it right and while Soi Fon's bankai is overpowered garbage, her shikai and sweet skills make up for it. All in all, I seem them as roughly the same level.

12. Kurotsuchi Mayuri/ Muguruma Kensei - both of these guys I found very hard to place. I really like Kensei, i reckon he's very cool and has a nifty Zan+nice power. However its a bit unclear how powerful he really is because we've never seen him properly fight anyone good. Until then I have to put him at the bottom of the pile, much though I don't want to. Another one is Mayuri. He would either need to be at the very bottom or near the top. IF he can get to you, you're basically scr3wed. His weird zan powers plus other tricks make him a seriously unsettling opponent, who is near enough immortal it seems. However my thinking was that no matter how dangerous he is if he gets the drop on you, in a gladiatorial battle context he won't have the speed and skills to land a hit on the others. Could be wrong, but I don't see him out-fencing Byakuya can scratching him say.

Ok that's it! I don't think I've forgotten anyone so happy reading and hopefully you all don't disagree too much.

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

o.00 i forgot Lady Yoruichi. I think that's just as well though as she's pretty hard to rank. We know she's stronger then Soi Fon, and is probably stronger than most even without her Zan, but its pretty hard to speculate, so I won't
    Credit to Thepocolypse for the Awesome sig

Shut up and drink your bleach juice!

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like your list...my only real issue is what you said about Zaraki vs Hits, barring perhaps Sennen Hyoro I just don't see Hits holding Zaraki in any ice, not at his current level ( the last time we saw him really fight). And Gin bankai would most certainly kill Hits, that poison is not laughing matter.

Oh when did Urahara shikai attack supercede Soifon bankai's in terms of sheer destructive power? I don't remember when that happened.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In terms of battle power.

(Tessai) Yeah, the only reason he never fights is because he would win effortlessly.
    Yamamoto (...)
    Aizen (...)
    Unohana (Supposed second strongest captain, older than Ukitake and Shunsui)
    Gin. (An experienced genius)
    Shunsui. (Elder captain
    (Urahara)
    Ukitake (Tuberculosis-man)
    Tousen (Talented and dangerous)
    Sui-Feng (She beat Yoruichi, only lost because her enemies were always hacks, she has her own personal nuke)
    Byakuya (Talented and disciplined)
    (Yoruichi)
    Kenpachi (Brute strength, raw reiatsu)
    Komamura (Less reiatsu but more brute strength than Kenpachi)
    Histugaya (Genius, but has served as a captain for only a year, unlike Gin)
    Mayuri (Weakest, uses tricks and cheats to compensate)

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    I like your list...my only real issue is what you said about Zaraki vs Hits, barring perhaps Sennen Hyoro I just don't see Hits holding Zaraki in any ice, not at his current level ( the last time we saw him really fight). And Gin bankai would most certainly kill Hits, that poison is not laughing matter.

Oh when did Urahara shikai attack supercede Soifon bankai's in terms of sheer destructive power? I don't remember when that happened.
    Sennen Hyoru is one, I was thinking more along the lines of Hyoten Hyokasu which is a b1tch to evade and once even a bit of it hits you it's pretty much over. It might be possible for Zaraki to power out of it I guess but it would take a lot out of him and there's nothing to say Hitsu can't just do it again. Plus when he did it to Hallibel he was at half power and it was still very impressive. The thing about Hitsu is, the majority of captains will probably overpower him close range, but in say, SS where only he can fly, he has an incredible advantage. Unless a Shinigami has some sort of long range attack they can't hurt him and zaraki doesn't

Gin I'd be more happy to concede because the poison is very deadly and it only needs to hurt you once. I ranked Hitsu above Gin more in reflection not of the Hitsu vs Gin match up, but in reflection of the fact that I think Hitsu's bankai is all around more diverse and more powerful-it can kill you in different ways some of which you cant evade like Hyoten Hyokaso. Gin is likely to hit you, but not guaranteed. If you can block him like Ichigo was doing mostly, then his bankai's effectiveness decreases.

Re: Urahara, that is just my deduction, it seemed to me that the explosion he made when he used Hyasobi Benihime, Jutsutsunagi was bigger than Soi Fon's bankai explosion. I could be wrong there however.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Newbie

Your list is pretty good too... the Tessai thing seems almost random though (but I'm pretty sure you are serious). I know he's actually pretty badass based on the turn back the pendulum arc but I still can't get over Ichigo busting out of a chanted level 99 bakudo when he just regained his powers, yeah its Ichigo but still made him seem kinda weak...that mini arc saved his rep.

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the thing with that was that Ichigo managed to bust out during the process of sealing, before the final "song" so I guess if he got hit with that he was a gonner. But yeah, its Ichigo dude's messed up o.000

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo busted out of the spell during the final song, ripped through the giant pillar and everything.

http://www.mangareader.net/94-518-5/...hapter-64.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-518-6/...hapter-64.html

Its a weird sealing spell because apparently the final part is an attempt to kill you lol...

Looking at those pictures, man Kubo artwork as come so very far...

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo busted out of the level 99 spell only because he was already a trascendental, and the explosion blew up the pit and final chant, yet Tessai came out unscatted. We have seen him taking all sort of attacks without even feeling them, killing hollows bare handed and casting level 80-90 spells with power equal to Yamamoto's hadou 96. Tessai is way too badass to fight.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No doubt he's badass, those double forbidden Kido in the turn back the pendulum arc really saved his rep for me...but I wouldn't necessarily put him over Yamma. Minus him (Tessai), I could see your top 6 giving him a serious run for his money.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like Tessai, but no way he can beat Yama. Yama is strongly stressed to be the strongest Shinigami in Gotei for 1000 years... Also we should count that he tanked his own Ennetsu Jigoku that should have killed all the Captains with Azen and Gin in FKT and then managed to perform Hadou 96. Also Yama showed the strongest barehand attack so far with which he trashed Wondy the one who took down Ukitake and Kensei.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

And that's Kensei in bankai

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

yes. and I would dare to say that Kensei's Bankai should be way more destructive than the same from Komamura or Mayuri or Byakuya, because his Shikai was already very powerful.

New Reply
Page 29 of 78 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast