Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
New Reply
Page 30 of 78 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranking of Captains

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ranking of Captains

I forgot about Tessai. He could probably take everyone but Yama (the sheer intensity of his reiatsu would probably render kido useless against him), especially with his Time and Space kido and level 99 Hados (can you image what that does? ).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Newbie. View Post
    Ichigo busted out of the level 99 spell only because he was already a trascendental, and the explosion blew up the pit and final chant, yet Tessai came out unscatted. We have seen him taking all sort of attacks without even feeling them, killing hollows bare handed and casting level 80-90 spells with power equal to Yamamoto's hadou 96. Tessai is way too badass to fight.
    Get serious!!! tessai's level 88 kido was stopped by an unchanted number 81 by Vice-captain Aizen during the TBTP arc and u think he is stronger than Yamamoto? The guy is Urahara's Manservant for christssake....sure he knows some cool kido moves...those are very effective against strong opponents right? like Aizens black coffin on Ichigo hmmm.......

As for rankings of captain level fighters(no superhaxed forms like FGT/Butterflies) heres mine:
    1. Yamamoto - clear from the manga
    2. Hollow Ichigo - shirosaki is consistently badass
    3. Isshin - pushed Aizen to his limits...same Aizen who fcked 9 captains solo
    4. Aizen - born with power far exceeding that of a normal shinigami(2x captain reiatsu)
    5. Urahara - take his mastery of kido,cool zan and add in his super intelligence and u get a beast
    6. Unohana - battle stats 540 to aizens 560 and Shunsui's 530...Shunsui and ukitake are scared of her and she is supposed to be the greatest kendo master in SS
    7. Shunsui/a healthy Ukitake - battle stats/Yamamotos own declaration
    8. Yoruichi - fastest shinigami,extremely strong,held up well against evolving chrysalis aizen
    9. Byakuya/Kenpachi - rivals...
    10. Hitsugaya
    11. Soi Fon
    12. komamura/tousen - deserve the last spot coz they're weak...couln't beat a kenpachi that had fought to a draw with Ichigo...tousen+hollowfication lost to komamura and hisagi and did not even seriously overwhelm either he is definitely the gotei thirteens bottom

(did not include the vizards...we didn't realli get a clear picture of their capabilities IMO....Ichigo can fit anywhere on the list depending on his emotional state and current plotkai powerup or lack thereof...Did not include Gin since i never liked the character and i fell his bankai poison ability was an asspull...and he only seemed to give ichigo trouble since Ichigo was scared shitless by Aizen at the time)
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tessai has access to a spell that is able to freeze time...that easily kept multiple captain level opponent in stasis at once, feats like that I think Newbie is referring to.

http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Jikanteishi

Aizen blocked Hado 88 with Danku, a bakudo specializing in blocking kidos below 89

http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Dank%C5%AB

And your list is missing Mayuri from the ranking, I guess he's negligible lol

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Get serious!!! tessai's level 88 kido was stopped by an unchanted number 81 by Vice-captain Aizen during the TBTP arc and u think he is stronger than Yamamoto?
    The entire purpose of that number 81 kido is to stop spells less than number 90... And it's fucking Aizen, Tessai wasn't allowed to kill him.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Either way, Hachigen can skip the incantation from the level 99 bakudou, although with some effort, and later in the series. Tessai was known to be strong since he first appeared in like chapter 15, but when we first got to see his power was at the pit (Chapters 62-63) Doing the full 99 spell without incantation and surviving Hollow Ichigo's explosion unscatted. Placing him above Yamamoto was pure especulation from my part, but judging from the information that is occasionally released about Tessai, like that he lived with Urahara and Yoruichi at the Shihouin House, or in the TBtP arc out of nowhere he is shown to be a captain too, make him look stronger than what he (Very rarely) displays. He is probably being saved for later like Ryuken, also very strong, might even as strong as Isshin, who was stronger than Aizen.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodai Senkan Mora View Post
    Get serious!!! tessai's level 88 kido was stopped by an unchanted number 81 by Vice-captain Aizen during the TBTP arc and u think he is stronger than Yamamoto? The guy is Urahara's Manservant for christssake....sure he knows some cool kido moves...those are very effective against strong opponents right? like Aizens black coffin on Ichigo hmmm.......

As for rankings of captain level fighters(no superhaxed forms like FGT/Butterflies) heres mine:
    1. Yamamoto - clear from the manga
    2. Hollow Ichigo - shirosaki is consistently badass
    3. Isshin - pushed Aizen to his limits...same Aizen who fcked 9 captains solo
    4. Aizen - born with power far exceeding that of a normal shinigami(2x captain reiatsu)
    5. Urahara - take his mastery of kido,cool zan and add in his super intelligence and u get a beast
    6. Unohana - battle stats 540 to aizens 560 and Shunsui's 530...Shunsui and ukitake are scared of her and she is supposed to be the greatest kendo master in SS
    7. Shunsui/a healthy Ukitake - battle stats/Yamamotos own declaration
    8. Yoruichi - fastest shinigami,extremely strong,held up well against evolving chrysalis aizen
    9. Byakuya/Kenpachi - rivals...
    10. Hitsugaya
    11. Soi Fon
    12. komamura/tousen - deserve the last spot coz they're weak...couln't beat a kenpachi that had fought to a draw with Ichigo...tousen+hollowfication lost to komamura and hisagi and did not even seriously overwhelm either he is definitely the gotei thirteens bottom

(did not include the vizards...we didn't realli get a clear picture of their capabilities IMO....Ichigo can fit anywhere on the list depending on his emotional state and current plotkai powerup or lack thereof...Did not include Gin since i never liked the character and i fell his bankai poison ability was an asspull...and he only seemed to give ichigo trouble since Ichigo was scared shitless by Aizen at the time)
    I agree with your ranking very similar to one I posted. I have to disagree with Hitsugaya being above Soi Fon she's fast even if Yourichi made a fool of her, Hitsugaya isn't as fast as she is and her bankia will bust up any ice sheild Hitsugaya has to offer......

Oh and Gin's character is the best in bleach but I can understand a lil why you may not like him. And yes i agree the poison dust was an plot asspull but either way he should be ranked around 8

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Crystal Black's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yamamoto
    Aizen
    Shunsui
    Gin
    Tousen
    Byakuya
    Kenpachi
    Hitsugaya
    Soi-Fon
    Komamura
    Mayuri - (Complete wildcard Imo)

Disregarded Unohana and Ukitake for obvious reasons. But if I had to say, I would place Unohana above Shunsui and below Aizen. Ukitake, equal to Shunsui or slightly above. "Hype wise of course". Then there's the Vizards, whom have been somewhat disappointing thus far.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There's no way Sui-Feng is from the weakest captains, she is faster and stronger than Yoruichi, only lost to her because Yoruichi had more control with Shunko. Barragan could slow time around him making her speed useless and Aizen is Aizen. Sui-Feng should be above Byakuya simply because Byakuya couldn't keep up with Yoruichi.

Komamura is stronger than Kenpachi physically and weaker in terms of reiatsu, shouldn't be that low.

Tousen could beat captains as a 5th seat, his bankai was so dangerous Aizen made him his underling, lost to Kenpachi because he had to play "The good Tousen" and Kenpachi wouldn't just die.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Crystal Black's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There's no way Sui-Feng is from the weakest captains, she is faster and stronger than Yoruichi, only lost to her because Yoruichi had more control with Shunko. Barragan could slow time around him making her speed useless and Aizen is Aizen. Sui-Feng should be above Byakuya simply because Byakuya couldn't keep up with Yoruichi.

Komamura is stronger than Kenpachi physically and weaker in terms of reiatsu, shouldn't be that low.

Tousen could beat captains as a 5th seat, his bankai was so dangerous Aizen made him his underling, lost to Kenpachi because he had to play "The good Tousen" and Kenpachi wouldn't just die.
    True enough. Imo Soi-Fon, Zaraki and Toushirou are all interchangeable. Soi-Fon 'may' be faster than Yoruichi, but she's not stronger.

You're right about Soi-Fon being a terrible match-up for Barragan though. Yoruichi being slightly faster than Byakuya, has nothing to do with their strength and power. Yoruichi was outpaced by Byakuya after one usage of shunpo and had to resort to Utsusemi. Even if she was carrying Ichigo.

Komamura is strong, but there really isn't anything suggesting he's physically stronger than Kenpachi.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I disagree. Yoruichi has those techniques that Byakuya mentioned, and she didn't show them in the fight against Soi Fon. Yoruichi has so much secret aces up her sleeve. First it was Shunko. Those secret techs Byakuya mentioned. Her Zanpakuto. I wonder if we'll ever see them. Well she should get one one-on-one fight in the future where she'd need to be serious and fight to her last breat.

ex oriente lux

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    I disagree. Yoruichi has those techniques that Byakuya mentioned, and she didn't show them in the fight against Soi Fon. Yoruichi has so much secret aces up her sleeve. First it was Shunko. Those secret techs Byakuya mentioned. Her Zanpakuto. I wonder if we'll ever see them. Well she should get one one-on-one fight in the future where she'd need to be serious and fight to her last breat.
    I don't think those aces count as power level, even though those could probably win the battle for Yoruichi. If it did, then they would get a higher place, and the nuke alone could place on the top 5.
    Sui Feng trained for a century and became as strong and fast, if not better than Yoruichi, who had to retreat. Yoruichi not having a zanpakutou is not relevant because Sui Feng has to get the hit to begin with.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually Yoruichi won against Soi Fong even without her Zan and Cicada and only with her base Shunpo and Shunko. Not only she fought against Soi Fon, but she also fought against (in the same fight) that division I don't remember the name, but they look like ninjas. Also she actually showed some Kidou spell that looked like Rasengan, while Soi Fong didn't show any use of Kidou.
    Also Yoruichi did easy on Soi Fong, because she still considered her as a little girl and subordinate.
    Yoruichi has even to show her Zan to see the extent of her power.

Also Soi Fong's Shikai is good, but not that good in a fight against Same Byakuya, because his Senbonzakura will not let her cut him and there are also such Captains as Shunsui and was Gin who would be stronger with their tactics and their Zans. While Soi Fong's Bankai is not suted to fight actual strong oponents. To use it she needs good while of preparations and her oponent can dodge her attack quite easily as it goes only straight from point A to poit B.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think those aces count as power level, even though those could probably win the battle for Yoruichi. If it did, then they would get a higher place, and the nuke alone could place on the top 5.
    Sui Feng trained for a century and became as strong and fast, if not better than Yoruichi, who had to retreat. Yoruichi not having a zanpakutou is not relevant because Sui Feng has to get the hit to begin with.
    Well IMO they count as powerlevel, she can perform them, she's stronger.
    Also I always saw it like Yoruichi was holding back, like Jorge said. I think Soi Fon's basic shunpo is on a level with Yoruichi, but Yoruichi can be much more faster with higher levels of shunpo, and I don't think Soi Fon managed to catch up with her...
    I don't think Soi Fon is as much talented as Yoruichi is, but that may be only my biased opinion.. (btw I'm Soi Fon fan also XD)

We also know that having zan makes you stronger (was it Ichigo vs Ken fight where was it explained?)... I really want to see Yoruichi's

ex oriente lux

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vizardichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Untouchable tier

1. Yama- while i agree that he is the strongest i dont agree that Aizen CANNOT beat him...The way i see it, while Yama would go into a fight with Aizen as the favorite, Aizen definitely has a chance... Because 2 characters fight today and one is victorious today, that doesnt mean that they would be victorious tomorrow...In terms of speed, and sword skill they are about even...Kidou as well... Yama wins in strength and Zanpaktou ability so he has the edge but Aizen definitely has a chance...I think in a best of 10 series, Yama wins 6, Aizen 4....But on the day we dont know if its a win or a loss for either of them...But Yama does have the edge so hes number one.

2. Aizen- On his day, the only realistic threat to Yama...With his very capable combat abilities, his mind and his extremely dangerous shikai Aizen can beat anyone...Yama would win more times than not, but Aizen IMO has all the skills needed to win against him but in terms of battle stats, Yama has the edge.

High tier

3. Shinji- Haxed ability, hollow mask, good sword fighter etc....Many people disagree but i think because of his ability, he can give anyone besides the top 2 a run for their money and would probably win against the rest.

4. Shunsui- It was tricky to place Shunsui below Shinji...Shunsui seems to superior in all aspects, but because of Sakanade's ability Shunsui would lose anytime he invokes Iro On. It would be too hard for him to defend with everything inverted and 1 good slash and its all over...

5. Gin - His bankai is probably the most deadly move in the entire manga...But the guys above are all haxed and seem fast enough to avoid getting a solid hit...However if he does get a deep hit, Gin can kill anyone...I just think the guys above can dodge and counter well enough to win against him.

6. Urahara / Yoruichi- Yes his intellect rivals that of Aizen and he is very tricky but in terms of battle prowess, i would say all the guys above are superior...Ofc this assuming that he fights them with no gadgets, just a plain fight where only shinigami and hollow powers are allowed...If he were to fight with his inventions he would be probably joint 2nd or sole 3rd..But without it i put him here...As for Yoruichi i always believed that she was stronger than Kisuke as she was his captain and was even better in h2h combat than he was. Add her shunkou and her being the fastest character in Bleach IMO i think she could more than hold her own against her former subordinate. Her lack of zan makes me think twice about putting her above him so i say they are about even.

Medium tier

7. Kenpachi / Byakuya...Cant decide so i say their even...Very skilled just not quite in that 2nd tier yet.

8. . Kensei- Very strong, powerful hadou-ken like move, air baldes and a wicked hollow form...Havent seen much of him speed wise so i dont think he could beat Byakuya and i dont think he has enough raw power to beat Kenpachi but he is one hella badass combatant that should not be taken lightly.

9. Tosen- Oddly the man with the one ability to nullify Aizen's Kanzen Saimin....Takes away your ability to use your senses, which makes Aizen's ability to control the 5 senses pretty useless. Capable combatant but not as strong as the others..

10. Soifon- Probably the fastest character after Yoruichi. Definitely a speed demon. Has a very hax ability as well. But her bankai's handicap and her frail body make me wonder about her durability. I think everyone above can manage to not get hit in the same spot twice and can definitely keep away from her bankai as well as all of the above characters having the ability to deliver more than enough damage in 2 or 3 hits to win against her.

Lower tier

11. Love- Physically strong with hollow powers to boost his already admirable physical prowess. Nice shikai and is surprisingly quick considering its size...Flames at the tip make it a dangerous weapon to battle against.

12. Hitsugaya- Ice can be very tricky to fight against but his attacks are weak and pretty slow and he usually uses the element of surprise or a lack of knowledge to win his fights like vs Luppi and Hallibel. Needs time to develop but can hold his own and will definitely be a force in the future.

13. Komamura- Just makes it in last place. Strong, durable...Very powerful shikai and bankai but huge handicap and seems pretty slow and has never used kidou. Like his character but seems to be one of the weaker captains.

NB* Isshin hasnt shown anything IMO other than pushing an Aizen that fought vs about 10 other captains to his limits. Its safe to say he was pretty tired. Besides he hasnt been shown to be a captain as yet...I mean if he is hell be in the 2nd tier but until i see more i cant judge. Same goes for Unohana as she has done absolutely nothing battle related thus far. Ukitake hasnt really shown anything other than redirecting a few cero and being stabbed from behind so ill wait before i rank him as well..Definitely 2nd tier on rep alone but im just ranking on actual battle capabilities from what we have seen.
    Last edited by vizardichigo; January 11, 2012 at 03:20 AM.
    Thank You Kubo...You have proven once and for all, that Yamamoto Genryuusai is STRONGER THAN AIZEN SOUSUKE despite what the fanboys think

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is how i would rank them....

TIER 1
    1) Yama
    2) Aizen

TIER 2
    3) Isshin
    4) Unohana
    5) Shunsui/Ukitake
    6) Urahara/Yoruichi

TIER 3
    7) Gin/Shinji
    8) Kenpachi/Byakuya
    9) Ice man..(didn't feel like spelling his name)
    10) Love/Kensei/Rose

TIER 4
    11) Soifon/Komamura
    12) Tousen
    13) Mayuri..he so weak he doesn't deserve to be a captain but they like his brains

I believe my list is most agreeable considering all factors taken into account like fact, what we've seen and statements made by bleach characters....but then again this list is heavily influenced by my own opinion too lol
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; January 20, 2012 at 01:19 AM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

New Reply
Page 30 of 78 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast