Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
I forgot about Tessai. He could probably take everyone but Yama (the sheer intensity of his reiatsu would probably render kido useless against him), especially with his Time and Space kido and level 99 Hados (can you image what that does? ).
As for rankings of captain level fighters(no superhaxed forms like FGT/Butterflies) heres mine:
1. Yamamoto - clear from the manga
2. Hollow Ichigo - shirosaki is consistently badass
3. Isshin - pushed Aizen to his limits...same Aizen who fcked 9 captains solo
4. Aizen - born with power far exceeding that of a normal shinigami(2x captain reiatsu)
5. Urahara - take his mastery of kido,cool zan and add in his super intelligence and u get a beast
6. Unohana - battle stats 540 to aizens 560 and Shunsui's 530...Shunsui and ukitake are scared of her and she is supposed to be the greatest kendo master in SS
7. Shunsui/a healthy Ukitake - battle stats/Yamamotos own declaration
8. Yoruichi - fastest shinigami,extremely strong,held up well against evolving chrysalis aizen
9. Byakuya/Kenpachi - rivals...
11. Soi Fon
12. komamura/tousen - deserve the last spot coz they're weak...couln't beat a kenpachi that had fought to a draw with Ichigo...tousen+hollowfication lost to komamura and hisagi and did not even seriously overwhelm either he is definitely the gotei thirteens bottom
(did not include the vizards...we didn't realli get a clear picture of their capabilities IMO....Ichigo can fit anywhere on the list depending on his emotional state and current plotkai powerup or lack thereof...Did not include Gin since i never liked the character and i fell his bankai poison ability was an asspull...and he only seemed to give ichigo trouble since Ichigo was scared shitless by Aizen at the time)
Tessai has access to a spell that is able to freeze time...that easily kept multiple captain level opponent in stasis at once, feats like that I think Newbie is referring to.
Aizen blocked Hado 88 with Danku, a bakudo specializing in blocking kidos below 89
And your list is missing Mayuri from the ranking, I guess he's negligible lol
The entire purpose of that number 81 kido is to stop spells less than number 90... And it's fucking Aizen, Tessai wasn't allowed to kill him.Quote:
Either way, Hachigen can skip the incantation from the level 99 bakudou, although with some effort, and later in the series. Tessai was known to be strong since he first appeared in like chapter 15, but when we first got to see his power was at the pit (Chapters 62-63) Doing the full 99 spell without incantation and surviving Hollow Ichigo's explosion unscatted. Placing him above Yamamoto was pure especulation from my part, but judging from the information that is occasionally released about Tessai, like that he lived with Urahara and Yoruichi at the Shihouin House, or in the TBtP arc out of nowhere he is shown to be a captain too, make him look stronger than what he (Very rarely) displays. He is probably being saved for later like Ryuken, also very strong, might even as strong as Isshin, who was stronger than Aizen.
Oh and Gin's character is the best in bleach but I can understand a lil why you may not like him. And yes i agree the poison dust was an plot asspull but either way he should be ranked around 8
Mayuri - (Complete wildcard Imo)
Disregarded Unohana and Ukitake for obvious reasons. But if I had to say, I would place Unohana above Shunsui and below Aizen. Ukitake, equal to Shunsui or slightly above. "Hype wise of course". Then there's the Vizards, whom have been somewhat disappointing thus far.
There's no way Sui-Feng is from the weakest captains, she is faster and stronger than Yoruichi, only lost to her because Yoruichi had more control with Shunko. Barragan could slow time around him making her speed useless and Aizen is Aizen. Sui-Feng should be above Byakuya simply because Byakuya couldn't keep up with Yoruichi.
Komamura is stronger than Kenpachi physically and weaker in terms of reiatsu, shouldn't be that low.
Tousen could beat captains as a 5th seat, his bankai was so dangerous Aizen made him his underling, lost to Kenpachi because he had to play "The good Tousen" and Kenpachi wouldn't just die.
You're right about Soi-Fon being a terrible match-up for Barragan though. Yoruichi being slightly faster than Byakuya, has nothing to do with their strength and power. Yoruichi was outpaced by Byakuya after one usage of shunpo and had to resort to Utsusemi. Even if she was carrying Ichigo.
Komamura is strong, but there really isn't anything suggesting he's physically stronger than Kenpachi.
Sui Feng trained for a century and became as strong and fast, if not better than Yoruichi, who had to retreat. Yoruichi not having a zanpakutou is not relevant because Sui Feng has to get the hit to begin with.
Actually Yoruichi won against Soi Fong even without her Zan and Cicada and only with her base Shunpo and Shunko. Not only she fought against Soi Fon, but she also fought against (in the same fight) that division I don't remember the name, but they look like ninjas. Also she actually showed some Kidou spell that looked like Rasengan, while Soi Fong didn't show any use of Kidou.
Also Yoruichi did easy on Soi Fong, because she still considered her as a little girl and subordinate.
Yoruichi has even to show her Zan to see the extent of her power.
Also Soi Fong's Shikai is good, but not that good in a fight against Same Byakuya, because his Senbonzakura will not let her cut him and there are also such Captains as Shunsui and was Gin who would be stronger with their tactics and their Zans. While Soi Fong's Bankai is not suted to fight actual strong oponents. To use it she needs good while of preparations and her oponent can dodge her attack quite easily as it goes only straight from point A to poit B.
Also I always saw it like Yoruichi was holding back, like Jorge said. I think Soi Fon's basic shunpo is on a level with Yoruichi, but Yoruichi can be much more faster with higher levels of shunpo, and I don't think Soi Fon managed to catch up with her...
I don't think Soi Fon is as much talented as Yoruichi is, but that may be only my biased opinion.. (btw I'm Soi Fon fan also XD)
We also know that having zan makes you stronger (was it Ichigo vs Ken fight where was it explained?)... I really want to see Yoruichi's
1. Yama- while i agree that he is the strongest i dont agree that Aizen CANNOT beat him...The way i see it, while Yama would go into a fight with Aizen as the favorite, Aizen definitely has a chance... Because 2 characters fight today and one is victorious today, that doesnt mean that they would be victorious tomorrow...In terms of speed, and sword skill they are about even...Kidou as well... Yama wins in strength and Zanpaktou ability so he has the edge but Aizen definitely has a chance...I think in a best of 10 series, Yama wins 6, Aizen 4....But on the day we dont know if its a win or a loss for either of them...But Yama does have the edge so hes number one.
2. Aizen- On his day, the only realistic threat to Yama...With his very capable combat abilities, his mind and his extremely dangerous shikai Aizen can beat anyone...Yama would win more times than not, but Aizen IMO has all the skills needed to win against him but in terms of battle stats, Yama has the edge.
3. Shinji- Haxed ability, hollow mask, good sword fighter etc....Many people disagree but i think because of his ability, he can give anyone besides the top 2 a run for their money and would probably win against the rest.
4. Shunsui- It was tricky to place Shunsui below Shinji...Shunsui seems to superior in all aspects, but because of Sakanade's ability Shunsui would lose anytime he invokes Iro On. It would be too hard for him to defend with everything inverted and 1 good slash and its all over...
5. Gin - His bankai is probably the most deadly move in the entire manga...But the guys above are all haxed and seem fast enough to avoid getting a solid hit...However if he does get a deep hit, Gin can kill anyone...I just think the guys above can dodge and counter well enough to win against him.
6. Urahara / Yoruichi- Yes his intellect rivals that of Aizen and he is very tricky but in terms of battle prowess, i would say all the guys above are superior...Ofc this assuming that he fights them with no gadgets, just a plain fight where only shinigami and hollow powers are allowed...If he were to fight with his inventions he would be probably joint 2nd or sole 3rd..But without it i put him here...As for Yoruichi i always believed that she was stronger than Kisuke as she was his captain and was even better in h2h combat than he was. Add her shunkou and her being the fastest character in Bleach IMO i think she could more than hold her own against her former subordinate. Her lack of zan makes me think twice about putting her above him so i say they are about even.
7. Kenpachi / Byakuya...Cant decide so i say their even...Very skilled just not quite in that 2nd tier yet.
8. . Kensei- Very strong, powerful hadou-ken like move, air baldes and a wicked hollow form...Havent seen much of him speed wise so i dont think he could beat Byakuya and i dont think he has enough raw power to beat Kenpachi but he is one hella badass combatant that should not be taken lightly.
9. Tosen- Oddly the man with the one ability to nullify Aizen's Kanzen Saimin....Takes away your ability to use your senses, which makes Aizen's ability to control the 5 senses pretty useless. Capable combatant but not as strong as the others..
10. Soifon- Probably the fastest character after Yoruichi. Definitely a speed demon. Has a very hax ability as well. But her bankai's handicap and her frail body make me wonder about her durability. I think everyone above can manage to not get hit in the same spot twice and can definitely keep away from her bankai as well as all of the above characters having the ability to deliver more than enough damage in 2 or 3 hits to win against her.
11. Love- Physically strong with hollow powers to boost his already admirable physical prowess. Nice shikai and is surprisingly quick considering its size...Flames at the tip make it a dangerous weapon to battle against.
12. Hitsugaya- Ice can be very tricky to fight against but his attacks are weak and pretty slow and he usually uses the element of surprise or a lack of knowledge to win his fights like vs Luppi and Hallibel. Needs time to develop but can hold his own and will definitely be a force in the future.
13. Komamura- Just makes it in last place. Strong, durable...Very powerful shikai and bankai but huge handicap and seems pretty slow and has never used kidou. Like his character but seems to be one of the weaker captains.
NB* Isshin hasnt shown anything IMO other than pushing an Aizen that fought vs about 10 other captains to his limits. Its safe to say he was pretty tired. Besides he hasnt been shown to be a captain as yet...I mean if he is hell be in the 2nd tier but until i see more i cant judge. Same goes for Unohana as she has done absolutely nothing battle related thus far. Ukitake hasnt really shown anything other than redirecting a few cero and being stabbed from behind so ill wait before i rank him as well..Definitely 2nd tier on rep alone but im just ranking on actual battle capabilities from what we have seen.
Last edited by vizardichigo; January 11, 2012 at 03:20 AM.
This is how i would rank them....
9) Ice man..(didn't feel like spelling his name)
13) Mayuri..he so weak he doesn't deserve to be a captain but they like his brains
I believe my list is most agreeable considering all factors taken into account like fact, what we've seen and statements made by bleach characters....but then again this list is heavily influenced by my own opinion too lol
Last edited by BASED Shinigami; January 20, 2012 at 01:19 AM.