Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 31 of 78 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranking of Captains

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kurofaise's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ranking of Captains

Here's how I'd rank everyone:

Senior Tier:
    Yamamoto
    Unohana
    Shunsui
    Ukitake

Mid Tier
    Shinji
    Byakuya
    Kenpachi
    Mayuri
    Kensei
    Soifon

Low Tier
    Rose
    Komamura
    Hitsugaya

This is taking into consideration all aspects the characters can bring into a fight, that's why someone like Mayuri (who is one of the weakest - physically) is among the mid tier. He can't die, simple as that, as soon as he cuts himself he turns to liquid, his bankai spews poison that will kill anyone without an antidote, and his shikai abilities are actually extremely deadly, since they disconnect the control of the users limps with his poison. People who are ranking him down the bottom seriously haven't considered his overall potential. If I was to fight any captain in a battle, Mayuri would be the last one I'd choose (Among Yamamoto and Unohana) since he is the most dangerous.

The rest of the list is pretty standard (for me anyways), Hitsugaya and Komamura haven't displayed enough to prove they are anything above low tier, Komamura's abilities are pretty straightforward but as soon as his bankai takes damage he takes it too. Hitsugaya has a million and one moves, but none of them are really that strong, he rarely truly wins his fights/defeats his opponents, and he's still got more to learn so that's why he is at the bottom.
    It was fabulous max.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kurofaise View Post
    Here's how I'd rank everyone:

Senior Tier:
    Yamamoto
    Unohana
    Shunsui
    Ukitake

Mid Tier
    Shinji
    Byakuya
    Kenpachi
    Mayuri
    Kensei
    Soifon

Low Tier
    Rose
    Komamura
    Hitsugaya

This is taking into consideration all aspects the characters can bring into a fight, that's why someone like Mayuri (who is one of the weakest - physically) is among the mid tier. He can't die, simple as that, as soon as he cuts himself he turns to liquid, his bankai spews poison that will kill anyone without an antidote, and his shikai abilities are actually extremely deadly, since they disconnect the control of the users limps with his poison. People who are ranking him down the bottom seriously haven't considered his overall potential. If I was to fight any captain in a battle, Mayuri would be the last one I'd choose (Among Yamamoto and Unohana) since he is the most dangerous.

The rest of the list is pretty standard (for me anyways), Hitsugaya and Komamura haven't displayed enough to prove they are anything above low tier, Komamura's abilities are pretty straightforward but as soon as his bankai takes damage he takes it too. Hitsugaya has a million and one moves, but none of them are really that strong, he rarely truly wins his fights/defeats his opponents, and he's still got more to learn so that's why he is at the bottom.
    Ok you have a good point about Mayuri...but liquid can evaporate what if he fought Yamamoto and his shikai evaporated the liquid Mayuri turned into...wouldn't he be dead then? and that poison his bankai spews would it be strong enough to kill someone like transcendental Aizen or Ichigo?...i wonder
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; January 21, 2012 at 12:46 PM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

um, i believe that your pointing out a pointless arguement there... He placed Yamamoto as top tier and Mayuri as mid tier, which means he agree's that Yamamoto could defeat Mayuri... so using Yamamoto as a comparison does absolutely nothing... a better arguement would have been to use Hitsugaya since he's a lower tier fighter. You could have used the arguement that all Hitsugaya would need to do is freeze his liquid form which would defeat him as well... But in the end i agree with his lineup that he made... The fact that Hitsugaya hasn't mastered his bankai (that we know of so far), mean he is still among the lower tiers. as for your arguement about Ichigo, Mayuri's poison will effect him no matter what. Infact his poison would work on all member of the gotai 13, even on Yamamoto, the only factor you have to calculate when having Mayuri in the equasion is weather they can avoid Mayuri attacks. The top tier mentioned in his list there, are the only ones capable of fighitng Mayuri without getting hit except for Unohana, but with her since she's a healing type, it wouldn't be hard for her to make an antidote for the poison or could even say she's imune to any kind of poison.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tret16 View Post
    um, i believe that your pointing out a pointless arguement there... He placed Yamamoto as top tier and Mayuri as mid tier, which means he agree's that Yamamoto could defeat Mayuri... so using Yamamoto as a comparison does absolutely nothing... a better arguement would have been to use Hitsugaya since he's a lower tier fighter. You could have used the arguement that all Hitsugaya would need to do is freeze his liquid form which would defeat him as well... But in the end i agree with his lineup that he made... The fact that Hitsugaya hasn't mastered his bankai (that we know of so far), mean he is still among the lower tiers. as for your arguement about Ichigo, Mayuri's poison will effect him no matter what. Infact his poison would work on all member of the gotai 13, even on Yamamoto, the only factor you have to calculate when having Mayuri in the equasion is weather they can avoid Mayuri attacks. The top tier mentioned in his list there, are the only ones capable of fighitng Mayuri without getting hit except for Unohana, but with her since she's a healing type, it wouldn't be hard for her to make an antidote for the poison or could even say she's imune to any kind of poison.
    Not really my main goal was to effectively point out a way Mayuri could die in his liquid form which i did, so it doesn't matter if i used Yamamoto or Hitsugaya because both of their powers could kill Mayuri in his liquid form..so it doesn't make sense for you to say my argument was "pointless" because i used Yamamoto instead of Hitsugaya..even though i obviously made my point

and why make Unohana the exception in his top tier list?..yea she's the healing type, but her powers and abilities are highly respected by everyone in SS even by Shunsui and Ukitake who practically fear her. I'm sure she's just as capable of fighting Mayuri w/o getting hit just like everyone else in that list.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blakreaper View Post
    Not really my main goal was to effectively point out a way Mayuri could die in his liquid form which i did, so it doesn't matter if i used Yamamoto or Hitsugaya because both of their powers could kill Mayuri in his liquid form..so it doesn't make sense for you to say my argument was "pointless" because i used Yamamoto instead of Hitsugaya..even though i obviously made my point

and why make Unohana the exception in his top tier list?..yea she's the healing type, but her powers and abilities are highly respected by everyone in SS even by Shunsui and Ukitake who practically fear her. I'm sure she's just as capable of fighting Mayuri w/o getting hit just like everyone else in that list.
    Pretty much agree here;
    Also the fact that it was said in a very recent interview that Unohana will fight in the next major arc, not heal, fight. It was also mentioned that Unohana's zanpaktou will be seen in a whole new light / design during this event.
    Every "Unohana cable of fighting on a high level" doubters might have to adjust soon, as it seems this will be a really, really, really epic fight!

One has to keep in mind, she's the second oldest, and among the absolute most skilled.
    This will include Kido and whatever ways there is to fight as a shinigami, not only that, Kubo himself said that her zanpaktou will change to battle conditions.
    So extremely high level of Kiddo and her zanpaktou used to battle? Come on, she's way better than that, and the proof's are starting to stack up.
    Yourichi fights on an extremely high level "without" her zanpaktou, it just shows it's possible. So imagine Unohana, with a zanpaktou cable of fighting including all her skills? (We know she's highly skilled in Kiddo).
    Damn, I certainly wouldn't want to fight her...

It was also mentioned that she will loose her braid, thus, I'm sure this is a "sign" as for her going "wild".

Imo, anyone putting her low in rankings, be careful, it would be your doom to underestimate her

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

in the databook of bleach Tite Kubo put the ranking:
    1] Shigekuni Genryusai Yamamoto [560 - 93,33%]
    2] Sosuke Aizen (Parimerito con il 1°) [560 - 93,33%]
    3] Retsu Unohana [540 - 90%]
    4] Shunsui Kyoraku [530 - 88,33%]
    5] Byakuya Kuchiki [510 - 85%]
    6] Toshiro Hitsugaya [500 - 83,33%]
    7] Jushiro Ukitake [490 - 81,66%]
    8] Gin Ichimaru [480 - 80%]
    9] Sajin Komamura [470 - 78,33]
    10] Soifon [460 - 76,66%]
    11] Kaname Tosen [460 - 76,66%]
    12] Mayuri Kurotsuchi [430 - 71,76%]
    13] Kenpachi Zaraki [390 - 65%]

But I'd say:
    1)Yamamoto
    2)Aizen (these 2 for sure)
    3)kyoraku
    4)yoruichi
    5)Hirako SHinji
    6)Kaname tosen,powered by hollowification
    7)byakuya
    8)Unohana (although I don't see why she is regarded as a very strong SS...)
    9)Byakuya's grandfather (he must have been very strong,although his grandson must surpass him)
    10)Soi fong
    11)Kenpachi
    12)Kensei
    13)Gin
    14)Ukitake (he is very ill,I don't see him fighting pretty well,although without his disease he may be in the top 5)
    15)hitsugaya
    16)Komamura
    17)Love
    18)Urahara Kisuke
    19)Rose
    20)kurotsuchi mayuri

well,I'm not 100%sure,but more or less I am

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Power Players
    Yamamoto: For obvious reasons.
    Aizen: See above.

Seniors
    Unohana: To be honest I'm going off of hype, but since both Shunsui and Ukitake vouch for her strength and Aizen opted to not fight her, I'm pretty sure she is strong.
    Shunsui: We've seen him take down the #1 Espada with his shikai and the fact that he is praised by Yamamoto.
    Ukitake: He only holds this rank when he is in a good state of health. I'm sure he is just as powerful as Shunsui in every regard, excluding stamina.

Now here is where the rankings get super interesting.

Elite
    Urahara: The smartest man in Bleach. Great at kido, hakudo, and shunpo. Has a powerful zanpakuto and did pretty well against chrysalis Aizen with Isshin.
    Yoruichi: Just as strong as Urahara most likely. Though probably better at shunpo and hakudo. Once she shows her zanpakuto, I'm sure it will cement this rank.
    Byakuya: He is the perfect Captain. He has a large reitsu reserve, he uses high class kido, is a master at Shunpo and is a great swordsman.
    Shinji: The cool and shrewd captain. He fought and beat unreleased Grimmjaw easily and fought to a standstill against Gin, though it was a short fight. Can't forget he also momentarily tripped up Aizen a couple times with his zanpakuto. He also seems like a pretty decent shunpo user.
    Gin: Aizen's right hand man and a genious. His swordsmanship and intellect makes him an elite. His zanpakuto also helps.
    Tousen: Aizen's left hand man. Before his hollowfication, I'm pretty sure Tousen was an above average captain. Him learning bankai in 5th seat seems to indicate he was kind of a genius as well. Despite his handicap, he was a pretty good swordsman judging by Hisagi's training.
    Soifon: Her assassination skills make her a force to be reckoned with and her speed is most likely the greatest in all of Soul Society, barring Yoruichi. Her shikai and bankai are also powerful.

Average
    Hitsugaya: He only holds this rank because he is still inexperienced in my opinion, though when he gets more years under his belt, he'll probably be up there in the elite class. He is strong though, and seems to be well balanced.
    Komamura: His ranking is average cause all we've seen is him bankai the living daylight out of people.
    Mayuri: His intellect lets him shine, but in terms of power, I'm pretty sure he is the weakest captain, though an important one.
    Kenpachi: Before you all get the pitch forks out, I think Kenpachi is as powerful as Byakuya. However, that doesn't change the fact that he doesn't know the basic captain-class abilities like shunpo, kido, and even his own shikai name.

Guesses
    Kensei: I would like to think he would be in the lower elite, upper average. But since we haven't seen him go all out, I'll just say he's in the upper average.
    Love: Faced Starrk to a pretty decent stand still until Shunsui joined. But like Kensei, he hasn't shown much so he is also in the upper average.
    Rose: Has shown jack squat, but he is still a visored so probably upper average.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Metadeth's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post

But I'd say:
    1)Yamamoto
    3)kyoraku
    4)yoruichi
    5)Hirako SHinji
    7)byakuya
    9)Byakuya's grandfather (he must have been very strong,although his grandson must surpass him)
    10)Soi fong
    11)Kenpachi
    12)Kensei
    13)Gin
    14)Ukitake (he is very ill,I don't see him fighting pretty well,although without his disease he may be in the top 5)
    15)hitsugaya
    16)Komamura
    17)Love
    18)Urahara Kisuke
    19)Rose
    20)kurotsuchi mayuri

How could Urahara, Love, and Rose be below Komamura?! (and most other guys) That's preposterous! Urahara's a genius who outsmarted Aizen several times, Love and Rose will whack the giant with their masks out. Plus, we haven't even seen these guys' Bankais. All of them are also reasonably well-versed in the Shinigami arts, especially Zanjutsu.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kurofaise's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post

But I'd say:
    1)Yamamoto
    3)kyoraku
    4)yoruichi
    5)Hirako SHinji
    7)byakuya
    10)Soi fong
    11)Kenpachi
    12)Kensei
    13)Gin
    15)hitsugaya
    16)Komamura
    17)Love
    18)Urahara Kisuke
    19)Rose
    20)kurotsuchi mayuri

The added up databook numbers cannot be compared with each captain, they serve as a personal level of how much that character has progressed in each field. 100% being that they have 'mastered' that part of fighting. Since it's all very subjective to each character and only affects their personal level, it can't be compared with ohters. Yamamoto's 100 for Strength would not be the same as say, Soifon's 100 for strength, they're very different.
    It was fabulous max.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member liductan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll start, the names are not in any particular order in the categories.

Excel:
    yamamoto

Excellent:
    unohana
    shunsui
    ukitake

Average:
    shinji
    byakuya
    kenpachi
    kensei
    rose

Low:
    soifon
    hitsugaya
    mayuri
    komamura

That's all the Current captains, as for the ex captains...most of them would be average and above..
    Last edited by liductan; February 13, 2012 at 05:05 PM.
    I have a black-belt in sarcasm, a degree in smartass and experienced in Bitch. Yep, I am damn ninja..

---you have been warned..

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Moon Stricken's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts on the ranking...

TIER 1
    1) Yama (No Question on this one)
    2) Aizen (Again, doesn't need an explanation really, only Yama is higher)

TIER 2
    3) *Isshin/Urahara
    4) Shunsui/Unohana
    5) Ukitake
    6) Yoruichi

TIER 3
    7) Shinji
    8) Gin/Byakuya
    9) Kenpachi
    10) Toshiro
    11) Kensei
    12) Love/Rose

TIER 4
    13) Soifon/Komamura
    14) Tousen
    15) Mayuri

Let me explain why Urahara and Isshin on tied for 3rd. People always comment that Isshin was facing Aizen who was already tired after facing 10 Captains etc. I completely disagree. Going back and looking over the panels, Aizen really didn't attack or exert himself that much during the fight. He relied on KS, and strategically placed kido barriers to stop most of the attacks. The only true attack that i think he exerted himself somewhat was the escape from Yama's sacrificial kido. After which, Aizen seemed fine, as the Hogyoku most likely slowed his exertion. Isshin was able to go toe to toe with Aizen, and from the panels fighting him on equal grounds. Isshin even tanked a 60s level Hado from Aizen, with no apparent injury, just torn clothing. Not to mention that Isshin possesses an extraordinary amount of reiatsu even by captain's standards and is also has incredible stamina and durability seen when he is the only one to get up from Hogyoku Aizen's attacks. Isshin may not be stronger than Aizen and Yama, but he is definitely 3rd from what we have seen thus far. Oh and he fought Aizen with a seemingly unreleased zanpaktou. Damn impressive.
    ~Now i am become death, the destroyer of worlds~

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How does toshiro get the tenth spot, stronger than kensei and..... rose(maybe)?
    I have a black-belt in sarcasm, a degree in smartass and experienced in Bitch. Yep, I am damn ninja..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Moon Stricken's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by liductan View Post
    How does toshiro get the tenth spot, stronger than kensei and..... rose(maybe)?
    To me, Toshiro has shown more than Kensei and even took on head to head a released Harribel. That, in my opinion makes him stronger than Kensei.
    ~Now i am become death, the destroyer of worlds~

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand, I agreed to some extend

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Metadeth View Post
    How could Urahara, Love, and Rose be below Komamura?! (and most other guys) That's preposterous! Urahara's a genius who outsmarted Aizen several times, Love and Rose will whack the giant with their masks out. Plus, we haven't even seen these guys' Bankais. All of them are also reasonably well-versed in the Shinigami arts, especially Zanjutsu.
    right! that's what I meant when I said I wasn't 100% sure of my statement. but Rose and Love didn't seem much strong imo,especially since they lost against stark,who was defeated by just a shikai! about Urohara,I don't see her very strong,but since kubo is about to show her real strength,I'll be forced to change my mind.

New Reply
Page 31 of 78 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast