Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 32 of 78 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranking of Captains

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ranking of Captains

I'd say Love and Rose are above Komamura by far, hollowfication isn't a joke. Remember how much more power did it give to Ichigo. We can argue that "Ichigo's hollow is stronger" (is or isn't, we don't know), but Vizards have been training it for 100 years. Love and Rose were new and young captains in TBTP (or well, Rose was, and I don't think Love would be much stronger), maybe at that time they were ~Komamura level, but it's been 100 years + hollowfication. Komamura is still young and new.
    You can't really compare them to Kyoraku. He's much, much older. And he was said to be one of the biggest talents, along with Uki.

Unohana is pure hype, but according to the hype, she's at least Kyoraku level. I'd put her under him though, she doesn't like fighting, doesn't deserve to be above
    Last edited by Darjaille; February 26, 2012 at 05:05 AM.

ex oriente lux

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    I'd say Love and Rose are above Komamura by far, hollowfication isn't a joke. Remember how much more power did it give to Ichigo. We can argue that "Ichigo's hollow is stronger" (is or isn't, we don't know), but Vizards have been training it for 100 years. Love and Rose were new and young captains in TBTP (or well, Rose was, and I don't think Love would be much stronger), maybe at that time they were ~Komamura level, but it's been 100 years + hollowfication. Komamura is still young and new.
    You can't really compare them to Kyoraku. He's much, much older. And he was said to be one of the biggest talents, along with Uki.

Unohana is pure hype, but according to the hype, she's at least Kyoraku level. I'd put her under him though, she doesn't like fighting, doesn't deserve to be above

but hollowification depends on the user, for example aizen,who is younger than shinji,is much stronger even without using bankai,while shinji with bankai and hollowification is trash compared to him. I know that hollowification isn't a joke,but I think komamura with his bankai is stronger than rose and love with their bankai. I thought so because Ikkaku's bankai was said to be nothing in front of komamura's. but you are right,age counts. and hollowification puts them on a higher levelalthough not near to other greater shinigami.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I will rank them in terms of classes in honor of Yu Yu Hakusho: S is strongest, then A, B, C, etc. Each class also has groups: -, neutral, and +. This is based on overall abilities

Yamamoto: S+
    Aizen: S
    Unohana: S-
    Shunsui: S-
    Ukitake: S-
    Isshin: S-/A+

Ichigo: A+
    Urahara: A+
    Youruichi: A+
    Kenpachi: A/A+
    Byakuya: A/A+
    Shinji: A/A+
    Hitsugaya: A
    Gin: A
    Kensei: A-/A
    Soifon: A-
    Tousen: A-
    Love: A-
    Rose: A-

Mayuri: B+
    Komamura: B+

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by liductan View Post
    I'll start, the names are not in any particular order in the categories.

Excel:
    yamamoto

Excellent:
    unohana
    shunsui
    ukitake

Average:
    shinji
    byakuya
    kenpachi
    kensei
    rose

Low:
    soifon
    hitsugaya
    mayuri
    komamura

That's all the Current captains, as for the ex captains...most of them would be average and above..
    soi fon is underrated....she took out the most badass espada, yes with some help, and her bankai makes no logical sense, but you cannot underestimate her destructive ability

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think soifon is more proficient with her shikai. her bankai is indeed powerful,, but setting it up and lugging that thing around is pretty hard

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    I think soifon is more proficient with her shikai. her bankai is indeed powerful,, but setting it up and lugging that thing around is pretty hard
    Indeed. Her bankai has the destruction force but I will not call it the most effective bankai overall. Her shikai seems to be lot more dangerous.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually find that Soifong was in the same boat as hitsugaya when it comes to mastering there bankai... Hitsugaya hadn't fully mastered his bankai and therfore it was incomplete. Soifong is the same. she said herself that she hates using it, which means she probably rarely uses it enough to get good at contoling it and such. If she took the time to train with her bankai, then perhaps she would be able to resist the recoil on it and also control it better. It's her own fault for slacking just because it's big and powerful.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tret16 View Post
    I actually find that Soifong was in the same boat as hitsugaya when it comes to mastering there bankai... Hitsugaya hadn't fully mastered his bankai and therfore it was incomplete. Soifong is the same. she said herself that she hates using it, which means she probably rarely uses it enough to get good at contoling it and such. If she took the time to train with her bankai, then perhaps she would be able to resist the recoil on it and also control it better. It's her own fault for slacking just because it's big and powerful.
    Indeed, i think the only difference between Soifon and Hitsugaya at this point is that ice man is clearly making a better effort to master his bankai than she is due to the fact soifon has an hatred for her bankai and she can't use it that often compared to other captains. She's definitely more dangerous she's using her shikai and Shunko, but i still wouldn't put her abilities above Hitsugaya's.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member slmcknett's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My list
    ~Genryusai
    ~Aizen
    ~Unohana
    ~Syunsui
    ~Ukitake
    ~Shinji
    ~Love
    ~Rose
    ~Byakuya
    ~Gin
    ~Kensei
    ~Kenpachi
    ~Tosen
    ~Komamura
    ~Hitsugaya
    ~Sui-Feng
    ~Kurotsuchi

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner uraharapwnz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My list, not including the vizard captains:

1. Urahara: He can even beat Yamamoto and Aizen with his awesome Kido skills like sealing his opponent reiatsu, he's smarter than Aizen, he was hinted at being transcendental and he's as fast Yoruichi is.
    2. Yamamoto/Aizen: Obvious, but they is overrated.
    3. Kenpachi: Kubo left him out of the war because he was so strong, his kendo one shotted a powerful Espada.
    4. Unohana: She so boss, one look scares the **** out of the powerful people.
    5. Shunsui: His shikai killed the freakin #1 Espada (Stark).
    6. Hitsugaya: It was said that he could be as powerful as Shunsui, he is super strong for a young captain.
    7. Ukitake: Shunsui's equal, unfortunately suffers from a sickness.
    8. Byakuya: Strong bankai, super fast, almost equal to Kenpachi, but a little arrogant.
    9. Mayuri: He needs time to prepare his techniques but he's still powerful.
    10. Soi Fong: She isn't that good, very overrated. Her bankai is so fail.
    11. Gin: Hype, didn't do much even Ichigo was able to match him.
    13. Tosen: Lol, lost with a bankai to Kenpachi who was still wearing his eyepatch. Fail.
    14. Komamura: Most useless fodder captain in Bleach, this weakling gets owned every time he fights.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll divide them up by tier:

Crazy powerful but unstable tier:
    -Ichigo
    -Kenpachi
    *They are potentially the strongest characters but their max power cannot yet be achieved at will, due to their lack of control over their monstrous reiatsu, wich is higher than anybody else.

Top tier;
    -Yamamoto
    -Aizen

High Tier:
    -Kyoraku
    -Ukitake
    -Unohana

Upper Tier:
    -Urahara
    -Shinji
    -Byakuya
    -Yoruichi
    -Gin

Middle Tier:
    -Kensei
    -Rose
    -Love
    -Hitsugaya
    -Soi Fon

Lower tier, below average:
    -Komamura
    -Tousen
    -Kurotsuchi
    -Renji
    -Ikkaku

13. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I have Urahara somewhere equal, or above Kyoraku, below or maybe equal to Isshin. With what he showed against Aizen, his offense/defense shikai, incredible speed, definitely not lacking reiatsu, unrivaled intelligence, being probably the most skillful person with kidou, his inventions and tricks, versatility [and then unrevealed bankai, but who doesn't have that these days? >_<]... I think he'd be good enough even against serious Kyoraku (Ukitake too, won't talk about Unohana cuz we know nothing nothing about her) and I don't think Isshin would be impossible too. Isshin has shown incredible raw power and reiatsu, if he can manage that, he has a good shot - but then can only judge what Isshin has shown, and there's not much.

ex oriente lux

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@smerten good list. Exactly how i order their strengths for the most part

@darjaille urahara is indeed strong but i would not put him on shunsuis level let alone higher than him. Based on feats alone shunsuis is far above him. His shikai was utterly blocked by ulquiorra, his shield shattered by Ichigo, not to mention his horrible portrayal in the past chapters. I place urahara a little above byakuya

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slmcknett View Post
    My list
    ~Genryusai
    ~Aizen
    ~Unohana(not sure about this one)
    ~Syunsui
    ~Ukitake
    ~Shinji
    ~Love
    ~Rose
    ~Byakuya
    ~Gin
    ~Kensei
    ~Kenpachi(He would be highter him my list, right beside Byakuya)
    ~Tosen
    ~Komamura
    ~Hitsugaya
    ~Sui-Feng
    ~Kurotsuchi
    I kinda agree with this list

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen is usually too high in these lists IMO (more about it in my ch. 500 discussion post #454). I'd put him somewhere below the senior captains (top high tier, maybe).

Urahara... now this is a tough nut. We have seen the power (even if not bankai, we can approximately judge from shikais and Kubo's info - like about Unohana) of most captains, but what we've seen of Urahara, he's been playing around with Kidou most of the time (when we see him really fighting, it's against hougyokuifying Aizen), or providing other support. He reminds me of Kashitarou from Gamaran, who's good at fighting but physically weak, so he doesn't engage in fights often.
    Now that I think about it, we've never seen Urahara actually clash swords with anyone...
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

New Reply
Page 32 of 78 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast