Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranking of Captains

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Neuroff's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ranking of Captains

Quote Originally Posted by MegaX View Post
    You know, it's funny. Since I've watched the anime but never read the manga I was trying to catch up via One Manga. Some of the early (by which I mean Rukia being taken back to SS through chapter 86 so far) mangas are from manga rain.

If their translation is to be believed, then Renji's Zanpakuto is not named Zabimaru, and the 11th team Captain's name certainly ain't Kenpachi Zaraki (I can never remember which one's the surname). But I think that says something about the quality of the translation.
    Those type of mistranslations are from when a name can be interpreted in two ways, such as Uryuu -> Ametatsu, which Ichigo says in the anime when he looks at the class rankings. When I started reading the Bleach Manga, Manga-Rain was considered to have better translations than M7.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MrStrawHat's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Gonna rank only 5.
    1)Gin Ichimaru (I LOOK LIKE HIM, LOL!)
    2)Toshen(4got his last name.....)
    3)Aizen Sousuke(woulda been 2nd, but he is antagonist. Toshen , on the other hand, I dont think he knows what is really going on here.)
    4)Toshro Hitsugaya(MIDGET, LOL! You can't hate him.)
    5)Kenpachi Zaraki (Only if he aceived his Bankai....)
    Last edited by MrStrawHat; November 30, 2007 at 11:49 PM.
    I make Sigs, I take Requests, AIM me!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hollowdemon's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

After including former (not including isshin) then it would be ;

1. Aizen - Simply because hes the main villain that has twice the reiatsu of a captain to control/use the hougyoku and even yamamoto needs help to take his ass down
    2. Yamamoto - Pretty obvious the most old geezer in soul society is stronger since aizen left to las noches based on experience
    3. Ukitake/Shunsui - like what has been mentioned before they both are the first two that finished yamma-jii's academy therefore a senior to all captains but still have more to prove of their power but i believe they have the capability to stand third.
    4. Unohana/Ukitake/Shunsui/Byakuya - this spot is up for grabs between the four of them whoever loses goes a rank lower since i cant seem to figure out who deserves this spot
    5. Unohana - like ukitakie/shunsui we havent seen her abilities as of yet which would raise some questions if shes strong or not but i believe being a captain in SS means having some sort of mindblowing abilities and power so i give her a chance to stand at fourth.
    6. Byakuya/Gin - A noble family member and a proven skilled clever captain. What more do ya want from him ? / Gin is definitely filled with questions about his abilities and how strong he is. To be under aizen he must have one hell of a bankai and power to be with him and we haven't even seen him serious yet. (plus thats my #1 guy what you expect )
    7. Kenpachi/Gin - I originally gave this rank to Gin, but Im a bit tied up between these two since i believe kenpachi still have more things to learn and obtain from his zanpaktou and with just the eyepatch hes already a force to be reckoned with / While Gin only revealed his shikai but at times doesnt even look like hes trying to fend off the situations hes in also not knowing what his bankai yet.
    8. Kenpachi - like the reasons on #6 he would move up the spot and gin drop down one if gin doesnt have anything else up his sleeve that would just slash kenpachi down which im pretty sure he does.
    **For me its a three way tie between Gin/Kenpachi/Byakuya since we havent seen full potential of gin and kenpachi also byakuya definitely will get stronger as he is one of the top ones in SS. **
    9. Tousen - his bankai is definitely a pain to be in but i wouldnt say its completely effective since kenpachi can figure out the hole in his bankai im pretty sure ones that i listed above him can figure out it out also.
    10. Hitsugaya/Soifon - Hitsugaya definitely still has potential since he has age to fully learn his bankai/ while soifon could probably outrun him with her speed and get him with her attack (sry i forgot the name of it) once she gets the opening to do so.
    11. Soifon/Mayuri - I originally gave this rank to soifon but if she comes face to face with mayuri i have a slight feeling that she might lose since whatever she does (cuz she doesnt have a bankai from what we've seen so far) mayuri could just use one of his crazy creation and medicines to heal himself and have him the advantage in a battle.
    12. Mayuri - Hes a scientist not necessarily a power fighting type captain but still strong regardless but i dont give him that high of a rank just simply because hes a scientist (like szayel)
    13. Komamura - i mean ..... his bankai doesnt really do anything and i know him along with other member of the gotei 13 were pwned by aizen but he was whooped BAD

theres my list

*The sad story behind the smile of the mask....*

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen-We know for a fight that he has, at least, twice the reistu of a normal captain and judging by his battles, sorry crushing victory over Komaruma's and Hitsugaya's bankai (without either of them having any severe previous inguries) as well as with Ichigo and Renji (who were already hurt at the time but it was still awesome.) I'd double the doubled reistu and give it to Aizen.

Yama-ji-Fights both Kyordaku and Ukitiake, freaks them both out, head captain and all that jazz.

Byakuya- Is it just me or is this guy just a little too strong for no apparent reason?

Zaraki- He's insane, no bankai, takes on 2 captains, murders Tousen (not literally for all you literal people) and is fighting the 5th espada Nnoitra, taht guy's got some serious fighting power.

Kyoudaku- Old, fights with yama-ji without his bankai, appears quite powerful (Wasn't sure between him and Gin)

Top 5 sure, the following are not in order mainly because I am to lazy to put them in order.

6-Ichimaru- I don't think he was giving it his all while fighting with Hitsugaya (I'm blaming Matsumoto for that, besides Hitsugaya started the fight) I think he's stronger then most people give him credit for.

7-Ukitake-Same as Kyodaku, just sicly and with an unlucky number (13th squad captain)

9-Tousen-Please, he lost to Zaraki so bad...using bankai.

8-Hitsugaya- Huge Hitsugaya fangirl but I'm not going make him the most powerful because of that, his bankai's limit and bloody battle finishes makes you question his power. I do not think of him as weak, but there are more powerful captains. He is still nonetheless...AWESOME!!!!!!!

10-Mayuri-Lose to Ishida? Even if Ishida cheated thats just sad, I hope Zael (Syazel) kicks your butt. His moves are interesting but unless he used his bankai they wouldn't be any good on people like Hitsugaya or Byakuya (People who can fight from a distance.) He coudl always use it on Zaraki, but Zaraki would like that.

11-Komauruma- Hey, his bankai's just not that impressive, you wanna make giant armor suits move go attach your soul to one.

12-Unohana-Dunno her power, 4th squad's the ehaling squad but I'd say she's more powerful then I'm making her.

13-Soi Fong- Aside from her 2 hit kill move and unknown bankai, she just doesn't seem to be as strong as the other...that or her powers just aren't as flashy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the bumpage.

1) Yamamoto and Aizen are tied for first, I think. To me, it just seems to make more sense for Aizen to be at least as strong as the most powerful good guy.

3) Unohana follows after those two. We don't know the scope of her full power, but it's pretty good I'd think. Especially since she's one of the "Old Guard".

4) Shunsui. Same thing really. Praised by Yamamoto and a member of the Old Guard.

5) Byakuya takes the fifth place. I just can't see him justifying his arrogance unless he was relatively high on the list.

6) Hitsugaya. Say what you will about him, but he's got his Bankai pretty young. He's pretty good with it too, all things considered.

7) Ukitake. He would've been up higher on the list (before Shunsui IMO) if it wasn't for that illness of his. Sure, his ability is higher. But if that kicks in mid-fight...

8) Ichimaru. I'd say he's pretty well-rounded. Probably doesn't stand out too much. He just seems kind of like a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none.

9) Komamura. He's like a tank, really. And he's a furry.

10) Soi Fong and Tousen tie up this spot. Neither of them are really that spectacular. They both had good fights where it looked like they were dominating, only for it to turn out that they really never had a chance in the slightest. Like Chad, only less pathetic.

12) Mayuri. He is the shiznit, I'll give you that. But his intellect is his main strength. Overall, I'd say he's weaker than most everyone else.

13) Ken-chan. I love 'im too, but all he has going for him is that he likes to stab things with his sword more than is entirely healthy... more than remotely healthy even. He gets lucky because people tend to fight him on his terms: reckless melee.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the bumpage.

1) Yamamoto and Aizen are tied for first, I think. To me, it just seems to make more sense for Aizen to be at least as strong as the most powerful good guy.

3) Unohana follows after those two. We don't know the scope of her full power, but it's pretty good I'd think. Especially since she's one of the "Old Guard".

4) Shunsui. Same thing really. Praised by Yamamoto and a member of the Old Guard.

5) Byakuya takes the fifth place. I just can't see him justifying his arrogance unless he was relatively high on the list.

6) Hitsugaya. Say what you will about him, but he's got his Bankai pretty young. He's pretty good with it too, all things considered.

7) Ukitake. He would've been up higher on the list (before Shunsui IMO) if it wasn't for that illness of his. Sure, his ability is higher. But if that kicks in mid-fight...

8) Ichimaru. I'd say he's pretty well-rounded. Probably doesn't stand out too much. He just seems kind of like a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none.

10) Soi Fong and Tousen tie up this spot. Neither of them are really that spectacular. They both had good fights where it looked like they were dominating, only for it to turn out that they really never had a chance in the slightest. Like Chad, only less pathetic.

12) Mayuri. He is the shiznit, I'll give you that. But his intellect is his main strength. Overall, I'd say he's weaker than most everyone else.

13) Ken-chan. I love 'im too, but all he has going for him is that he likes to stab things with his sword more than is entirely healthy... more than remotely healthy even. He gets lucky because people tend to fight him on his terms: reckless melee.
    For the most part, I can agree with your list, with just a few exceptions:

A) I think Ukitake should be higher than Byakuya and definitely Hitsugaya. Ukitake's illness is debilitating, but it isn't that debilitating.

B) I think Gin is stronger than Hitsugaya, basing it on their fight and how much of Gin's abilities are still a mystery. Typically, the longer the mystery, the greater the power.

C) Soi Fon lost to Yoruichi, a very skilled and powerful opponent. Saying Soi Fon is not spectacular just because of her defeat against Yoruichi is not that fair, especially to liken her to Chad. I would raise on the list.

Everything else is debatable enough IMO that I don't see the need to question it.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity patedecarne's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the bumpage.

about Ukitake's tuberculosis, from what I can tell, seems that not every day he's debilitated, IIRC remember correctly, some days he woke up perfectly( well, kind of, hehe), then, if in the upcoming battles with the top 3 espadas he's in a good day, his power could be in the high tiers, because the only only opponent left, by assumption, is barragan, that I believe to be 1º espada!

Mayuri, I believe, couldn't be that powerhouse, but still, let him study his opponent first, and then see the results: I'm sure Mayuri can defeat anyone that he was ablt to study previously;

Completely agree with you on Kenpachi: Kenpachi is only a brainless powerhouse, until now, he only got great lucky in his fights; should he fight against Zomari, Byakuya or SzayelApollo, he would be totally pwned in no time!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ken-Oh's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

1) Aizen

2) Yamamoto

3) Kyōraku

4) Gin

5) Unohana

6) Tōsen

7) Ukitake

8) Byakuya

9) Mayuri

10) Komamaru

11) Kenpachi

12) Hitsuguya

13) Soi Fon

Can't wait to see what the new 3rd Division Captain, Shūsuke Amagai, is like though.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

1. aizen he just is strong
    2. yammamoto hes old and is strong
    3. unohana i think we have to have a woman up here and she might be the one
    4. shunsui/ukitake this is ukitake on a good day btw
    5. yoruichi and urahara i would actually put yoruichi up further but since she has been a bit lazy over the past 100 years her skill has slightly dropped
    6. byakuya hes just the best but not in the same league as the other captains and soi fon she is extremley fast and suzomabachi's ability is ideal for her who excels at hakuda and she also knows how to use shunko
    7.tosen/gin/toshiro dont know why i thi nk we have seeen everything from hitsuguya and tousen and dont expect that much more from ichimaru, but we never know
    8. kempachi i think seeing how he took down a 5th espada easily just with two hands and no bankai i would put him higher up like maybe 4 but i cant stand him so he can stay down here
    9. komomaru hes a fox that speaks
    10. mayuri as been mentiond before he is more of a researcher but you let him research you enough and there aint no mountain he cant climb
    Last edited by kat_at_heart; April 15, 2008 at 11:40 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach is not coherent at all ... thus there is no ranking, just scenaristic need.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Tsukisama;825071]For the most part, I can agree with your list, with just a few exceptions:

Quote Quote:
    A) I think Ukitake should be higher than Byakuya and definitely Hitsugaya. Ukitake's illness is debilitating, but it isn't that debilitating.
    IMO, the random nature of it hurts him. It could be a good day or an abysmal one. Plus I'm not sure he's got a lot of staying power. He may hit like a truck, but if he can't finish his enemy before his illness sets in (his endurance stat was like 40% IIRC) then it's like the second half of the Ichigo/Byakuya fight without HollowIchigo.

Quote Quote:
    C) Soi Fon lost to Yoruichi, a very skilled and powerful opponent. Saying Soi Fon is not spectacular just because of her defeat against Yoruichi is not that fair, especially to liken her to Chad. I would raise on the list.
    Honestly, isn't that the nature of Chad? He got pwned by (on my list) the 4th strongest captain (compared to Ichigo who had either just managed to beat Renji or Kenpachi at the time, neither being anywhere on the same location of the list) and the 5th Espada while injured (compared to a Vizard Ichigo who just managed to take out Grimmjow, the 6th Espada).

If anything, Soi Fon epitomized Chad-ness by being pitted against an overwhelmingly powerful opponent.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO, the random nature of it hurts him. It could be a good day or an abysmal one. Plus I'm not sure he's got a lot of staying power. He may hit like a truck, but if he can't finish his enemy before his illness sets in (his endurance stat was like 40% IIRC) then it's like the second half of the Ichigo/Byakuya fight without HollowIchigo.
    I agree that the random frequency of the side effects of his illness make him less capable, but when he is healthy, he is much stronger than Byakuya and so, like you suggested, if he fights alone then he would need to finish his battles quickly before he grows weak. This is yet another reason why Ukitake's character is paired with Shunsui.

Quote Quote:
    Honestly, isn't that the nature of Chad? He got pwned by (on my list) the 4th strongest captain (compared to Ichigo who had either just managed to beat Renji or Kenpachi at the time, neither being anywhere on the same location of the list) and the 5th Espada while injured (compared to a Vizard Ichigo who just managed to take out Grimmjow, the 6th Espada).

If anything, Soi Fon epitomized Chad-ness by being pitted against an overwhelmingly powerful opponent.
    Chad getting pwned by Shunsui and Nnoitora is actually very different from Yoruichi defeating Soi Fon. Shunsui defeated Chad effortlessly; likewise, when Chad (who was also somewhat fatigued from his battle with Gantenbainne) challenged Nnoitora, the espada again defeated Chad as though he were nothing.

Soi Fon put up a very good match against Yoruichi. In fact, Soi Fon was doing very well until she got emotional and decided to use shunko, which Soi Fon had not yet mastered. After Yoruichi stopped her shunko, Soi Fon just emotionally broke down and the fight ended, definitely nothing like Chad's losses.

Chad's losses are characterized by utter defeat, being put into a hopeless situation against an opponent with whom he has no chance of defeating. One of the main reasons Soi Fon lost was her emotions, not because of a difference in power with her opponent that would be surmount like Chad.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

OK OK OK MY LIST!!!
    1. Yamamoto
    2. Aizex (maybe tied w/ yama, but his sword is SOOOOO cheap
    3. My faves: Ukitake, Shunsui, Unohana
    4. Youruichi/ Urahara/ Shinji
    5. Kenpachi/ Byakuya/ Soifon
    6. Love/Kensei/ Mayuri/ Hitsugaya/ Gin/ Tousen
    7. Konamura

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    OK OK OK MY LIST!!!
    1. Yamamoto
    2. Aizex (maybe tied w/ yama, but his sword is SOOOOO cheap
    3. My faves: Ukitake, Shunsui, Unohana
    4. Youruichi/ Urahara/ Shinji
    5. Kenpachi/ Byakuya/ Soifon
    6. Love/Kensei/ Mayuri/ Hitsugaya/ Gin/ Tousen
    7. Konamura
    You forgot Rose, but I'm guessing you would probably place him in the large group at #6. Everyone thinks so little of Komamura. Hopefully when the plot returns to the present, he does something noteworthy, causing more people to give him a little more appreciation.

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity segua's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yama
    Shunsui/Ukitake
    Aizen/Urahara
    Unohana
    Zaraki Kenpachi/Byakuga
    Soi Fon
    Youichi