Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 46 of 78 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
Results 676 to 690 of 1160

Thread: Ranking of Captains

  1. #676
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Opportunist traveler.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    397
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ranking of Captains

    Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    You're not reading nuclear physics and it's actually not that serious. Beside the fact that it's impossible, you're reading a Shounen manga. No matter what conclusions or understandings you get from little details, Ichigo is always gonna come on top. Not to mention the fact that opinions differ, TO AN EXTENT.
    You call me a troll multiple times and you are yet to come with a proper answer. Don't change the subject. I have everything I need to back my claim and you don't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    If it was an attack, it would've been more severe. I'm just saying what it looks like. You're downplaying the power of one of the most popular characters in this Manga and NO ONE agrees with you, which should tell you that you're the one with the thick head.
    Oh, right, I forgot hive minds make facts. So you got more people on your side so you can't be wrong, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    Yeah, Kenpachi actually has the potential to be Yamajii from my pov.
    He's so far from that point it's not even an option. Yamamoto can destroy cities with his Zanpakutou and Kido, or beat Arrancar stronger than the Espada into pieces with his fist. Kenpachi can just cut. And he's never been shown to be that strong even with his eyepatch off, it only makes him better at cutting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    That's in his character and that's what actually makes him cool for the most part. He's frighteningly powerful even without Shikai, Bankai, Kendo or any other technique. He's simply fighting with his latent potential and talent.
    And that doesn't make him anywhere near Aizen or Yamamoto in any category. He's not hard to cut or outspeed at all. He's been lucky so far his main opponents have all been slow and strong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    That's a given for a lot of people and it's normal that it shouldn't be discussed since it's ridiculous to even question it. But you, of course, managed to surprise probably most of us.
    Because he's not going to get stronger than most other captains until he finally learns something. The Kenpachi in Bleach and the Kenpachi in that fanfic novel are entirely different people.

    ---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Certainly captain level? You were saying he was VC or even not seated officer a couple of pages ago.
    I'm not going to repeat myself again. "Captain level strength wise", "not even vice captain or seated officer material" and "read the damn thread".

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    He's a close range combatant, so, what you call luck actually makes a lot of sense. It's like saying Mayuri confronted Szayel Aporro and not another arrancar out of pure luck.
    Bad example. Mayuri can use poison and kill almost everyone while Kenpachi is screwed if he's against a long ranged or ability opponent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Um, could it be because Driscoll turned into ash and Royd received a minor injury from the very same man?
    Um, Royd used Blut Vene and Driscoll didn't? Why can everybody else survive massive damage with it but Driscoll couldn't? He believed Yamamoto was passing out so he kept his guard down. What you said is not an indicator of strength.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Kicking someone or pulling down another who was disrupted isn't what I'm talking about, either.
    I'm referring to Tousen's Benihiko. Surely not all the captains can continue fighting like nothing happened after getting hit by so many swords.
    Most other captain are not going to allow their opponent to cut them in the first place. Almost everybody would have means to defend themselves inside Tousen's Bankai, Kenpachi didn't.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

    The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

  2. #677
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ranking of Captains

    Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    You call me a troll multiple times and you are yet to come with a proper answer. Don't change the subject. I have everything I need to back my claim and you don't.



    Oh, right, I forgot hive minds make facts. So you got more people on your side so you can't be wrong, right?



    He's so far from that point it's not even an option. Yamamoto can destroy cities with his Zanpakutou and Kido, or beat Arrancar stronger than the Espada into pieces with his fist. Kenpachi can just cut. And he's never been shown to be that strong even with his eyepatch off, it only makes him better at cutting.



    And that doesn't make him anywhere near Aizen or Yamamoto in any category. He's not hard to cut or outspeed at all. He's been lucky so far his main opponents have all been slow and strong.



    Because he's not going to get stronger than most other captains until he finally learns something. The Kenpachi in Bleach and the Kenpachi in that fanfic novel are entirely different people.
    I gave you a proper answer. It's a matter of reading perspective.

    No. It just happens that more people are right this time.

    If he can cut off a building with just one cut on a whim, I'm sure he can destroy cities if he puts an effort.

    He has a potential to be as strong as them. Ichigo was pretty strong AND fast.

    When people talk about Kenpachi, the fanfic novel doesn't have anything to do with it.

  3. #678
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ranking of Captains

    Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    I'm not going to repeat myself again. "Captain level strength wise", "not even vice captain or seated officer material" and "read the damn thread".
    As you wish, you are not obliged to do so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    Bad example. Mayuri can use poison and kill almost everyone while Kenpachi is screwed if he's against a long ranged or ability opponent.
    I don't remember stating Mayuri would lose to another opponent. Mayuri was probably after the scientist of the Espada group, that's what I was implying.
    That's a very simple, but also delicate plot development.

    Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    Um, Royd used Blut Vene and Driscoll didn't? Why can everybody else survive massive damage with it but Driscoll couldn't? He believed Yamamoto was passing out so he kept his guard down. What you said is not an indicator of strength.
    Fair assumption. I can agree with this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    Most other captain are not going to allow their opponent to cut them in the first place. Almost everybody would have means to defend themselves inside Tousen's Bankai, Kenpachi didn't.
    Comparing Kenpachi to any other sane captain is a bit irrelevant. He himself said that he never had sanity since from the beginning. He doesn't even care if he's cut or not. It was the same against Nnoitra, laughing off the blows he received. That's not about his lack of skill.
    If you say he is so dumb that he enjoys a battle while taking hits, I'll agree, though.
    And who would counter Tousen's Bankai and how? Area based attacks would probably work. What else? Surely not having that kind of an attack will degrade someone in terms of overall power.

    ---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    When people talk about Kenpachi, the fanfic novel doesn't have anything to do with it.
    There were references in the discussion thread to the fanfic, so, I'm assuming he's trying to reply to those people, but most of the people here aren't referring to that material, anyway.

  4. #679
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ranking of Captains

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    There were references in the discussion thread to the fanfic, so, I'm assuming he's trying to reply to those people, but most of the people here aren't referring to that material, anyway.
    I know, that's why I stated that. Kenpachi's rep is pretty awesome even without fan fiction. A lot of people expect him to be great, and I'm sure Kubo won't disappoint us in that regard.

  5. #680
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Opportunist traveler.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    397
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ranking of Captains

    Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Not really...what you conclude as natural motion is something that was trained...beginning from the stance, breathing, and ending with the correct execution of the technique...you are belittling something you have obviously no knowledge about...or you are just being sarcastic
    I don't need a decade of training to know how you grab and swing a long stick.

    Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    It's the same type of panel, because you want to see it that way...I don't see it that way, so...I don't know why you insist on this, it's clear that I understood what you mean, and I clearly don't agree...
    Explain to me why there's a panel with awkward silence and a dumbfounded Haschvald right after Kenpachi finishes his ridiculous explanation then. It's the exact same type of panel Kubo uses when a character is left speechless for a second.

    Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    And again...you are preaching the same things over and over again...we got you man...Kenpachi without all his feats is not worth a dime...we get that...but unfortunately for you he has his feats, which make him Captain level...
    "Captain level" =/= "Captain material". I already said multiple times that against opponents that are not also just big, slow and strong he's worthless. I can't even see him beating most of the VC in a straight fight because they could even simply run away and Kenpachi would die of exhausting before finding them as his sense of direction is terrible. He's only good for one thing, slicing and dicing, and not every other character falls into that category.

    Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    If you remove Sui Feng's feats, that are speed and hand to hand combat, then you will probably get another average shinigami...but you don't get to remove feats from characters so, the discussion is pointless...
    And I don't know how you arrived to "removing feats" when I'm talking about how Kenpachi is not good at anything but cutting.

    Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    PS:this is getting very redundant...
    Yes, I know, I'm getting tired of explaining the same thing to every single poster in this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    The first bolded part implies that he stands among captains and has captain material, just not enough to be stand out and be exceptional...and then immediately after in the 2nd bolded part you say he is not even worth captain material....there is a contradiction right there...
    Standing among captains in a single aspect doesn't make him captain material. Every other captain has control over their reiatsu, offensive and defensive means, intelligence, skill discipline, Kenpachi only has his sword and disregard for danger.

    Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Please decide on what you are "debating", and tell us one single premise...
    I'm not going to say it again. Kenpachi is not that strong, and he lacks skill or discipline in battle, WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT SHUNSUI SAID. I can't believe you are making me return to my first post yet again.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

    The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

  6. #681
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ranking of Captains

    Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    I know, that's why I stated that. Kenpachi's rep is pretty awesome even without fan fiction. A lot of people expect him to be great, and I'm sure Kubo won't disappoint us in that regard.
    I don't expect him to be the strongest captain with a quick training, but he will probably handle more SR in the next attack. At least, I expect it to be this way.
    It would be great if he was the one that confronted As Nodt. Even Byakuya had his share of fear, but I doubt Kenpachi would show us a hint of that.

  7. #682
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Opportunist traveler.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    397
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 520 Discussion / 521 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by darkprince0521 View Post
    Kenpachi is a vice-captain material? then what are these? [link 1] [link 2] [link 3]

    a Shinigami defeated a Bankai Captain without using even Shikai. if that's what Vice Captains do, then this manga has terrible vocabulary sense.
    This is just unbelievable. I cannot even begin to grasp the logic and mental process behind this conclusion you arrived to. Defeated a Bankai? Wha- Do you see Tousen's Bankai as some sort of attack or anything? All it does is remove senses, and Kenpachi cut Tousen when he got enough to stab him in the gut. That's something any captain or vice captain or seated officer could do. At that point Bankai or not didn't matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by darkprince0521 View Post
    with powerup, he will only be strong as Byakuya? did you read the current War Arc in Bleach? where Byakuya along with Renji failed to defeat one enemy? while Kenpachi won a Three Vs One battle against opponent of same rank?
    My hand is going to leave a permanent mark in my face. Byakuya has a hundred million blades with high cutting power and the highest speed, Kido, strength, strategy, Shunpo. Kenpachi can just cut. By definition Byakuya is more useful than Kenpachi. And that enemy Byakuya failed to defeat was actually fighting and using his powers while those Kenpachi killed did not even use their abilities productively and instead got allowed him to cut them down.

    ---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    At the moment, we are trying to gauge Kenpachi's strength, which is wildly oscillating between above average-captain level and around lowly seated officer, from what I have read in the discussion
    Then it means you haven't been reading the discussion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Kenpachi defeated the previous Kenpachi, and the previous Kenpachi defeated his predecessor, and so on.
    So, if Kenpachi cannot be called as strong as a captain, none of the previous Kenpachi could be. The brutal nature of the 11th Squad's is just befitting Kenpachi's character, too, so, it isn't even debatable, I'd say.
    First of all, what makes you think every Kenpachi had defeated the previous? Challenging a captain in front of 200 squad members is just one of the ways to become one. And I have called him as strong as a captain in physical strength I don't know how many times before, yet you keep going back to this point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    We could possibly write down two to three pages per chapter onwards, as we are in a battle arc.
    This could have been solved 2 pages ago if you just stopped changing what I say with every post. Just like that 5 page discussion about Soifon 3 weeks ago and in the end I was right all along, because people overrate and underrate characters all the time without actually knowing them. In this case, I know Kenpachi is worthless in everything but close combat.

    ---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    What's a "Captain" level Shinigami anyway? It's something that was a very high level back in SS arc. But what's it now? It's WEAK. Ichigo was a Captain level Shinigami when he first encountered Byakuya in SS WITHOUT a Bankai. Unless you move the level scale 10 fold, it's ridiculous to even talk about it.

    Nowadays Captains are Shinigami like Hirako who have Hollow powers and are far more powerful than a Captain that was Tousen or is more powerful than, let's say, Soifon. Ukitake, Shunsui and Retsu are cases for themselves as they were always more powerful than the rest of the Captains.

    The way I would measure it is like in DBZ. Bear with me, I know it's a silly pov.

    A mere Captain level that was Ichigo (let's pick him for the sake of an example) in SS arc is a Super Saiyan (Captain level 1).
    Ichigo with a Bankai and a Hollow mask is a Super Saiyan 2 (Captain level 2).
    Ichigo in a second Hollow form is a Super Saiyan 3 (Captain level 3).
    And the rest is tricky because I don't know if Ichigo is stronger in second Hollow form or in FGT state or prior to having it activated.

    If I use this example, I'd put Kenpachi on the second level of Captain from the above explanation.
    The standard for power is still at captain level. Most of the fighters are there, and there are only a few exceptions like Ichigo, Yamamoto, Aizen or Ginjo (yes, and it's not up to debate because he stole Ichigo's power) that are above the standard. Kenpachi is in the first level among the other captains in terms of raw power, which makes him captain level in that category but not captain material. Those are two different things. Pit Kenpachi against non close combat user and he's doomed to just dodge.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

    The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

  8. #683
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    639
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ranking of Captains

    Quote Originally Posted by Torran
    This is just unbelievable. I cannot even begin to grasp the logic and mental process behind this conclusion you arrived to. Defeated a Bankai? Wha- Do you see Tousen's Bankai as some sort of attack or anything? All it does is remove senses, and Kenpachi cut Tousen when he got enough to stab him in the gut. That's something any captain or vice captain or seated officer could do. At that point Bankai or not didn't matter.
    I'm sorry,but I simply disagree with you here.Tousen's Bankai IS special,by your words one may understand that Tousen's Bankai was not a big deal,it just removed senses,every captain/vc can take care of it,no problem.Fact is,Kenpachi defeated Tousen with a Bankai,do you think Renji or Ikkaku or any other VC would have had the speed of reaction like Kenpachi had? IMO no.


    Quote Originally Posted by Torran
    My hand is going to leave a permanent mark in my face. Byakuya has a hundred million blades with high cutting power and the highest speed, Kido, strength, strategy, Shunpo. Kenpachi can just cut. By definition Byakuya is more useful than Kenpachi. And that enemy Byakuya failed to defeat was actually fighting and using his powers while those Kenpachi killed did not even use their abilities productively and instead got allowed him to cut them down.
    There is no need to get upset/heated,as it is just a simple discussion.However,Byakuya is indeed much useful than Kenpachi,yes that is true,but fact is Byakuya couldn't handle one single SR whereas Kenpachi took down 3 of them.That is the fact.And what do you mean that none of them used their abilities productively?Kenpachi explained that each of them used their special abilities(like As Nodt used his fear ability),and I doubt they allowed him to cut them down one by one,I seriously doubt they were sitting idly while Kenpachi was killing them lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken
    It would be great if he was the one that confronted As Nodt. Even Byakuya had his share of fear, but I doubt Kenpachi would show us a hint of that.
    Well,I think it would actually be pretty interesting that way.If Byakuya had Rukia to be concerned of,I really,really wonder if Yachiru would be Kenpachi's concern.I'd think that Kenpachi has no fear,except Yachiru getting hurt.And even that one would fly out the window if Kenpachi simply thinks that she is strong enough to take care of herself.
    Last edited by g0dzax; December 14, 2012 at 12:34 PM.

  9. #684
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Opportunist traveler.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    397
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ranking of Captains

    Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    I gave you a proper answer. It's a matter of reading perspective.

    No. It just happens that more people are right this time.

    If he can cut off a building with just one cut on a whim, I'm sure he can destroy cities if he puts an effort.

    He has a potential to be as strong as them. Ichigo was pretty strong AND fast.

    When people talk about Kenpachi, the fanfic novel doesn't have anything to do with it.
    I'm not debating whether Kenpachi has potential or not, but as he is right now, he can't even compete with other captains who can blow up entire city districts with a single Kido blast. It's going to take many years for him to put his reiatsu to good use.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

    The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

  10. #685
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 520 Discussion / 521 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    Kenpachi is in the first level among the other captains in terms of raw power, which makes him captain level in that category but not captain material. Those are two different things.
    I dunno, man. A first Captain level surely couldn't beat foes like Nnoitra or 3 Sternritters at once. I don't care about your opinion on "captain material". Seriously, who gives a shit? If he has enough power to represent that class, then that's it. And by Kubo, IT IS IT.

  11. #686
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 520 Discussion / 521 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    First of all, what makes you think every Kenpachi had defeated the previous? Challenging a captain in front of 200 squad members is just one of the ways to become one. And I have called him as strong as a captain in physical strength I don't know how many times before, yet you keep going back to this point.
    It's the traditional way for the 11th Squad. It has been put that way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    This could have been solved 2 pages ago if you just stopped changing what I say with every post. Just like that 5 page discussion about Soifon 3 weeks ago and in the end I was right all along, because people overrate and underrate characters all the time without actually knowing them. In this case, I know Kenpachi is worthless in everything but close combat.
    That's because you are trying to come up with different concepts for captain level and captain material, something I don't really understand. There isn't any such thing I have come across in another user's post. If you would like to insist on keeping those two as different concepts, then please don't mention the material thing here. This is a discussion thread about power levels of captains. It has got nothing to do with them being captain material, or whatever you'd like to call it.

    As long as you do not use offensive language (clearly like it's in this case, as there isn't any offensive words whatsoever in this post I quoted), state your opinion as you wish to, but just don't expect others to come to an agreement, since no one in this thread has ever agreed with your posts so far, as far as I could remember.

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #687
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Opportunist traveler.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    397
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ranking of Captains

    Quote Originally Posted by g0dzax View Post
    I'm sorry,but I simply disagree with you here.Tousen's Bankai IS special,by your words one may understand that Tousen's Bankai was not a big deal,it just removed senses,every captain/vc can take care of it,no problem.Fact is,Kenpachi defeated Tousen with a Bankai,do you think Renji or Ikkaku or any other VC would have had the speed of reaction like Kenpachi had? IMO no.




    There is no need to get upset/heated,as it is just a simple discussion.However,Byakuya is indeed much useful than Kenpachi,yes that is true,but fact is Byakuya couldn't handle one single SR whereas Kenpachi took down 3 of them.That is the fact.And what do you mean that none of them used their abilities productively?Kenpachi explained that each of them used their special abilities(like As Nodt used his fear ability),and I doubt they allowed him to cut them down one by one,I seriously doubt they were sitting idly while Kenpachi was killing them lol.



    Well,I think it would actually be pretty interesting that way.If Byakuya had Rukia to be concerned of,I really,really wonder if Yachiru would be Kenpachi's concern.I'd think that Kenpachi has no fear,except Yachiru getting hurt.And even that one would fly out the window if Kenpachi simply thinks that she is strong enough to take care of herself.
    Tousen's Bankai is not power based so saying that Kenpachi defeated it is null. All he did was take a sword in the gut to get a clear shot, which is something most characters CAN do.

    And saying Byakuya couldn't defeat his opponent while Kenpachi killed three is pointless as As Nodt was actually using his ability, evading attacks and using Blut Vene, which the others didn't. I know they didn't because the first was just howling really loud and got cut in the spot, the second one stood there talking forever and got cut in the spot, and the third transformed into a clone which was a very bad idea because Kenpachi always starts out weak. Blut Vene can make the Quincy survive a nuke by Ryujin Jakka, but these 3 SR Kenpachi killed got cut so easily, what does it say of that? Their deaths were almost played for laughs back in that chapter.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

    The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

  14. #688
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    North Pole
    Posts
    669
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ranking of Captains

    Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    I'm not going to say it again. Kenpachi is not that strong, and he lacks skill or discipline in battle, WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT SHUNSUI SAID. I can't believe you are making me return to my first post yet again.
    Kenpachi's pretty damn strong. He took out 3 Sternritters with ease, fighting by himself (Yachiru doesn't interfere with Kenpachi's fights). The other captains couldn't even take out 1 Sternritter, even while most had their Vice Captains helping them. Now, we can of course debate about which Sternritters we think are the strongest, but who knows. Byakuya said they're all around captain-level strength. The point is, none of them are to be taken lightly. Since Bach had considered Kenpachi to be a War Potential, so I highly doubt all the weakest Quincys went to attack Kenpachi... most likely, some of the strongest ones did. But he still decimated 3 of them.

    So far, the only people to take out any Sternritters are Kenpachi (3), Yamamoto (5?), and Ichigo (1).

    Kenpachi's not weak at all, he's a monster even without reaching his full potential. As strong as Yama? Doubtful, but maybe after some serious training he'll be closer in strength.

  15. #689
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ranking of Captains

    Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    Tousen's Bankai is not power based so saying that Kenpachi defeated it is null. All he did was take a sword in the gut to get a clear shot, which is something most characters CAN do.
    I don't know what you were reading/watching but Kenny beat the sight out of Tousen. And if you think that most characters can take a couple of swords up their ass and fight as if nothing happened, I dunno, man, this is getting pretty funny.

  16. #690
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Opportunist traveler.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    397
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach 520 Discussion / 521 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    I dunno, man. A first Captain level surely couldn't beat foes like Nnoitra or 3 Sternritters at once. I don't care about your opinion on "captain material". Seriously, who gives a shit? If he has enough power to represent that class, then that's it. And by Kubo, IT IS IT.
    On the left: Kenpachi.
    On the right: An airborne fighter with long ranged attacks.

    I want to see Kenpachi doing something to him.

    But since you already forgot my initial post, Shunsui wanted to train Kenpachi because as he is right now he's not captain material, so it is completely relevant to this discussion since my post was moved here from the chapter discussion

    But I'm done with this. I may not have a hundred people on my side with this, but I have what Kubo made Shunsui said that as he is right now Kenpachi is not worth a damn against competent enemies. And 3 stupid Stern Ritter is not what I would call competent. The time for Kenpachi to fight enemies like Nnoitra and Yammi is over and he better learn to fight people like the Quincy or step aside.

    ---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    Kenpachi's pretty damn strong. He took out 3 Sternritters with ease, fighting by himself (Yachiru doesn't interfere with Kenpachi's fights). The other captains couldn't even take out 1 Sternritter, even while most had their Vice Captains helping them. Now, we can of course debate about which Sternritters we think are the strongest, but who knows. Byakuya said they're all around captain-level strength. The point is, none of them are to be taken lightly. Since Bach had considered Kenpachi to be a War Potential, so I highly doubt all the weakest Quincys went to attack Kenpachi... most likely, some of the strongest ones did. But he still decimated 3 of them.

    So far, the only people to take out any Sternritters are Kenpachi (3), Yamamoto (5?), and Ichigo (1).

    Kenpachi's not weak at all, he's a monster even without reaching his full potential. As strong as Yama? Doubtful, but maybe after some serious training he'll be closer in strength.
    And with this I've officially lost faith in humanity.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

    The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

New Reply
Page 46 of 78 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts