Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranking of Captains

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity patedecarne's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ranking of Captains

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukisama View Post
    You forgot Rose, but I'm guessing you would probably place him in the large group at #6. Everyone thinks so little of Komamura. Hopefully when the plot returns to the present, he does something noteworthy, causing more people to give him a little more appreciation.
    Komamura, I believe, is the top tier in physical strength, he's a completely powerhouse, even more brute than Zaraki; People think so low about komamura because he was easily trapped by Aizen in the 90º kidou, but let's not forget that Aizen was already using shikai to trick Komamura;

And about the Zaraki's fight, no one can say that Zaraki was owning komamura, because we couldn't see even a glimpse of this fight, and Komamura vs Noitora would be great, his bankai could be able to tear apart Noitora easily, I think, even if it's a little slow..

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner mgalli's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

captain rankings

ok so ive never been to this sub-forum so stop me if this thread has already been made, ok?

1. Sousuke Aizen- twice the reaitsu of a normal captain

2.Yammamoto- captain commander and has been around for over 2000 years so he is most experienced

3.Ichimaru Gin- child prodigy who graduated from the academy after 1 year

4/5 Shunsui and Ukitake- Yammamoto hints that these two are the
    strongest of teh captains

6. Unohana- everyone is afraid of her bad side, and she is Shunsui and Jushiro's senpai, so shes been around longer than they have

7. Zaraki Kenpachi- pretend like he didnt screw around in battle...no eye patch, no bells on the hair, and he used kendo....in other words, in all out Zaraki Kenpachi would probably give him a spot ahead of Byakuya. He took on the 5th espada and beat him when he finalyl went "all out"

8. Kuchiki Byakuya- sure he beat the 7th espada with ease, but that espada was way too cocky and probaly could have put up a way better fight if he didn't underestimate Byakuya, so Byakuya only gets number 8

9.Kaname Tousen- Got his ass kicked by Zaraki, but if he's Aizen's subordinate then he probably has to be somewhat strong , and not to mention he did take out all the vizard captains with his bakai (though they didnt know what was going on like Kenpachi did)

10. Kurotsuchi Mayuri- He beat the 8th espada, so why not? Without his science tools he would be nothing though

11. Komemura- havent really seen much from him, so its kinda hard to say, but that massive bankai tells me he has some kind of good power

12. Soi Fon- havent seen much from her either but that shikai is pretty sick...her ranking could change once we see more

13. Hitsguya- if it wasnt for being near a lot of water, Hitsaguya would have been crushed by luppi, also he had to have his limit released when he took on grimmjow's fraccion...not very impressive to me

Notes:

Whether Aizen or Yammamoto come first I think we can agree that they both are either 1 or 2 right?

for rankings 3-6: No matter the order I think that most would agree that gin, shunsui,unohana, and jushiro fill in these 4 rankings. I know some of you think i only put gin in number 3 beacuse hes my favorite character but i really think that being a child prodigy who graduated in one year makes his power that great, and I think we have not seen Gin's true potential.

Also I think we have to see more of Komemura and Soi Fon before we can make their rankings official

Lastly, if Aizen, Gin, and Tousen do happen to be vizards then I would say.....
    Aizen is number 1 for sure, Gin would probably be 2 tied with Yama
    and Tousen would probaly be like the 4 or 5

given permission by njt to advertise this BLeach RPG site

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ryanzokuken's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hollowfied View Post
    Tosen's bankai will own Mayuri's.

WTF Soifon stronger then Byakuya or Kenpachi or Ukitake?

WTF Hitsugaya stronger then KENPACHI ...UKITAKE?

wow. =/
    Soi Fon is EASILY in the top 5. look at Yoruichi. and Soi Fon fought her on close-to-equal grounds. the main reason she could never defeat Yoruichi is because all of Soi Fon's skills and best abilities are also Yoruichi's. she learned from or copied from Yoruichi most of the good stuff she has. and Yoruichi has more mastery of it all.

and as for Hitsugaya, yea, he's definitely not so strong. i would say out of the current captains, he's gotta be in the bottom 3.

everyone foaming at the mouth over Unohana being some kind of powerhouse is really driving me crazy. i can't wait for them to give her a fight and show what she can really do. even if i'm wrong and she does turn out to be amazing. but everyone creaming their pants over her being some godlike sleeper is annoying the hell out of me until i see some proof.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

heres what my thoughts are

1. Sousuke Aizen- twice the reaitsu of a normal captain, his shikai complete hypnosis would own anyone, and we have yet to see his bankai

2.Ichimaru Gin- child prodigy, not afraid of anyone, have yet to see his bankai, tied up Zaraki with ease

3.Yammamoto- captain commander of all the shinigami, has over 2000 years experience

4. Unohana- Seems to strike fear in the 11th squad members with relative ease, caused the Exequias to flee because the leader didn't want to fight her

5. Shunsui- Yammamoto states that he (with Ukitake) are the strongest of the current captains

6. Zaraki Kenpachi- fought off two captains with ease, beat the 5th espada with relative ease

7. Ukitake-Yammamoto states that he (with Shunsui) are the strongest of the current captains, (would be higher if he didn't get winded easily)

8. Kuchiki Byakuya- beat the 7th espada with ease, considered strongest in his clan in many generations

9.Kaname Tousen- his bankai can completely defeat anyone that isn't a psycho, won't be fooled by Aizens shikai

10. Komemura- Aizen stepped in to defeat him instead of relying on Gin or Tousen (possibly fearing that they could be injured)

11. Kurotsuchi Mayuri- beat the 8th espada with ease, very high intelligence

12. Soi Fon- was able to fight Yoruichi on equal ground (but that was after a 100 year hiatus that is why shes low on the totem poll)

13. Hitsguya- wasn't able to beat Gin even though he was using his shikai and Gin had yet to release his zanpaktou

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner haganenorenkin's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

the top 5 fo aptains from are:
    Toshiro Hitsugaya.- his bankai cause do several damage with his sennen hyorou
    yamamoto genryusai.-not for nothing he's the head captain of seireitei
    kuchiki byakuya.- his senbonzakura kageyoshi can cutt enemies to pieces
    aizen.-his abilities with de kidoh's are very high
    zaraki kenpachi.- he is very powerful with his reiatsu sealed, imagine if he could achieve bankai and without his eyepacth XD
    Just call me "Hagane"

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner mgalli's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

are yo kidding me? you think Histaguya is number one!? Even him being in the top 5 is outrageous !

given permission by njt to advertise this BLeach RPG site

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by c420smokey View Post

13. Hitsguya- wasn't able to beat Gin even though he was using his shikai and Gin had yet to release his zanpaktou
    Gin already released his zampakuto. Its epecial ability is to grow longer and attack from a distance. Of course the form if the sword does not change but it would be wierd if the sword has a ability without being released. Also shikai or bankai does not nesesaily mean the sword itself will change shape. just look at hitsugayas shikai or bankai, his sword never changes he simply gets an ice dragon or an armot to fight with.

This is my ranking based on my interpretation of what has been seen in the manga. Since we dont know the exact power level of each fighter, I set them in power groups so. Members in each group I believe have similar power level or at least are stronger than the members of the next group:
    1.- Aizen
    2.- Yamamoto
    3.- Shunshui, Ukitake, Unohana
    4.- byakuga, gin, kempachi
    5.- tousen, komamura, hitsugaya
    6.- Soifon, mayuri
    Last edited by kkck; July 09, 2008 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ANBU4U's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Its kinda hard to judge Hitsugaya's skills based on his fight with Shawlong....YES he couldn't touch him before releasing...BUT once released he 1 hit KO'd him...and Shawlong was so afraid of his reaitsu that he ran away.......

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Gin already released his zampakuto. Its epecial ability is to grow longer and attack from a distance. Of course the form if the sword does not change but it would be wierd if the sword has a ability without being released. Also shikai or bankai does not nesesaily mean the sword itself will change shape. just look at hitsugayas shikai or bankai, his sword never changes he simply gets an ice dragon or an armot to fight with.

This is my ranking based on my interpretation of what has been seen in the manga. Since we dont know the exact power level of each fighter, I set them in power groups so. Members in each group I believe have similar power level or at least are stronger than the members of the next group:
    1.- Aizen
    2.- Yamamoto
    3.- Shunshui, Ukitake, Unohana
    4.- byakuga, gin, kempachi
    5.- tousen, komamura, hitsugaya
    6.- Soifon, mayuri
    I agree with you with most of the ranking, but I think soifon deserves to be much higher up. Her shikai leaves a permanent mark that will only dissappear if she allows it to. Therefore, she could wait untilnext time to deliver the finishing blow. Also she is on a level of speed that is closer to youruichi than most other captains and we have yet to see her bankai.

@c420smokey- what did you mean by "Ichimaru Gin- child prodigy, not afraid of anyone, have yet to see his bankai, tied up Zaraki with ease"???

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, tying up zaraki with ease... well, gin held zaraki back when he "challenged" byakuya to avoid a conflict. But that was not real combat at all.

Anyways, to my opinion:

1st tier, Yama and Aizen
    2nd tier, Unohana, Shunsui and Ukitake
    3rd tier, Zaraki (when he actually tries), byakuya, gin
    4th tier, Tousen, Kurotsuchi, Soifon
    5th tier, Komamura, hitsugaya (simply too young and unexperienced, he isn't that powerful now, will be in the future).

I didn't include any ex captains except for the ones inHM since we havn't seen much of their power.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I made a list for this a while ago, but since this thread is back up again, I feel like I should give my updated opinion as it has changed somewhat. First, I'll give the lists and then the explanations. I have two lists: one for Aizen/Gin/Tousen as non-vizards and one for those guys as vizards.

Non-vizard
    1.Aizen/Yamamoto
    2. Unohana
    3. Kyouraku
    4. Ukitake
    5. Soi Fon/Ichimaru/Byakuya
    6. Kenpachi/Tousen/Komamura/Kurotsuchi
    7. Hitsugaya

Vizard
    1. Aizen
    2. Yamamoto
    3. Ichimaru
    4. Unohana
    5. Kyouraku
    6. Ukitake
    7. Tousen
    8. Soi Fon/Byakuya
    9. Kenpachi/Komamura/Kurotsuchi
    10. Hitsugaya

Spoiler: Yamamoto and Aizen discussion show

Spoiler: Unohana discussion show

Spoiler: Shunsui and Ukitake discussion show

Spoiler: Byakuya discussion show

Spoiler: Soi Fon discussion show

Spoiler: Gin discussion show

Spoiler: Kenpachi discussion show

Spoiler: Tousen discussion show

Spoiler: Komamura discussion show

Spoiler: Mayuri discussion show

Spoiler: Hitsugaya discussion show
    Last edited by Tsukisama; July 09, 2008 at 11:53 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Raizen what I meant was he was a prodigy when he went to the academy, what I meant by him not being afraid of anyone, is when he fought Toshiro and Toshiro sent all this rage at him, he showed no fear or when the whole soul society caught him and the group he showed indifference to them, and recently he showed no fear of captain Yamamoto using his new ability to trap them, he acted like it was nothing, and capturing Zaraki is no easy feat because he had to stop him from attacking Byakuya who he was content on fighting, so that has to add up to something, those are my reasonings

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: Ranking of Captains

So far,
    1. Commander-General Yamamoto-Genryūsai - there is a big difference between Commander-General and Captain
    2. Shunsui and Jushiro
    3. Kisuke
    4. Aizen
    5. Byakuya, Ken-chan
    6. Gin
    7. Mayuri and Soifon
    8. Komamura and Tousen
    9. Toshiro
    I'm not going to rank the Vizards and Unohana because their battle skills are unknown.

You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For future reference, this is a discussion thread. So, when you post a list or rankings, you need to include reasons (i.e., discussion) with your list. Henceforth, lists without any sort of reasons accompanying them (in the same post) will be deleted. ~ Tsukisama

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    I agree with you with most of the ranking, but I think soifon deserves to be much higher up. Her shikai leaves a permanent mark that will only dissappear if she allows it to. Therefore, she could wait untilnext time to deliver the finishing blow. Also she is on a level of speed that is closer to youruichi than most other captains and we have yet to see her bankai.

@c420smokey- what did you mean by "Ichimaru Gin- child prodigy, not afraid of anyone, have yet to see his bankai, tied up Zaraki with ease"???
    I ranked soifon low because yoruichi was able to easily cancel her techinique by putting an equal amount of power even when yoruichi had been out of the battlefield for 100 years. This lead me to believe that even though she is probably faster than most captains, her spiritual enery isnt as strong as that of the other captains.
    Once we see more of her and her bankai I might rate her higher though.

New Reply
Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast