Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 62 of 78 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranking of Captains

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ranking of Captains

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    No it didn't happen. Stark's close combat abilities never increased as when he released
    That's exactly why I said, that at the end of their fight in terms of swordmanship he was just like when he was unreleased.

Quote Quote:
    Shunsui forced him into the games which made Stark unable to use the wolfs (otherwise he loses the game).
    Using your ability is cheap now? Damn. Using game, that makes your opponent weaker is cheap as well? I TOLD YA! SHUNSUI IS A DIRTY BASTARD!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    That's exactly why I said, that at the end of their fight in terms of swordmanship he was just like when he was unreleased.

Using your ability is cheap now? Damn. Using game, that makes your opponent weaker is cheap as well? I TOLD YA! SHUNSUI IS A DIRTY BASTARD!
    Don't make me repeat but I'll anyway "Stark was focusing all his might on the Vizards, then this random dude stab him in the back from the shadows & in the process not only critically injuring him but more importantly taking away his haxx wolf ability."

They fought before & Stark forced Shunsui to almost use Bankai. They fought the second time & Shunsui ability to win relied on pure luck.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't make me repeat but I'll anyway "Stark was focusing all his might on the Vizards, then this random dude stab him in the back from the shadows & in the process not only critically injuring him but more importantly taking away his haxx wolf ability."

They fought before & Stark forced Shunsui to almost use Bankai. They fought the second time & Shunsui ability to win relied on pure luck.
    How was it pure luck?
    Meh

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really get this. You are saying Kyouraku won by luck, so, he shouldn't be that powerful from your perspective.
    You are also saying Starkk almost forced Kyouraku into going Bankai and talk about it as an accomplishment. So, either you rank Starkk's abilities too lowly, or there is some sort of inconsistency in this.

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

I like to think Shunsui won with his own power, Luck is a part of battle after all XD...and that's not all he has going for him. It's because he can go with the flow he lasted as long as he did.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    How was it pure luck?
    Shunsui's zanpakuto functions similarly to a swiss army knife. An indispensable lazy ass weapon that can either work for him, against him or not at all. The zanpakuto reflects his exact character too (A lazy sneaky veteran who would do almost anything through any means to kill an enemy...It's rather very dangerous). We saw how in the first half of the fight Shunsui had against Stark, he was going to use bankai due to being pressurised by mere ceros (he ain't the most durable bunch there is tbh) that were fired quicky & stylishly but in the end they were weaker than Chad's beam used against Shunsui in the SS arc.
    Last edited by Kay3795; December 26, 2012 at 09:13 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    I don't really get this. You are saying Kyouraku won by luck, so, he shouldn't be that powerful from your perspective.
    You are also saying Starkk almost forced Kyouraku into going Bankai and talk about it as an accomplishment. So, either you rank Starkk's abilities too lowly, or there is some sort of inconsistency in this.
    I believe you are misunderstanding. I think he's saying that Kyouraku was actually losing against Starrk for the most part until he began to use his games more prominently. The fact that Shunsui was going to go Bankai against Starrk shows that he felt pushed back by Starrk at the moment. And when Shunsui began to "play" against Starrk, Starrk had stopped using a majority of his abilities, which were shown to be rather effective, against Shunsui in lieu of some rather ineffective reishi swords. I don't think he is ranking Starrk's abilities lowly, rather stating that Kyouraku had actually been overpowered temporarily, before taking over the flow of the fight. Remember, before the final blow, Starrk for the most part lost the will to fight seriously. Then again, I could be wrong.
    Last edited by eefrit; December 26, 2012 at 11:44 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

We have to be able to differentiate the stark with ceros and the starrk with swords. Starrk with cero and wolves is the strongest Starrk, shunsui never even got close to him when he used the gun. The vizards were quicklt dealt with by the wolves. But when he switched to those light sabers, he's basically an unreleased Starrk. Unlike the Resurrection of other arrancars, he doesn't get a boost in speed, defense, stamina, regeneration. It only gives him those cero and wolves.

They were equally matched when both were unreleased. So when Shunsui start using his zan's ability, while Starrk stopped using his abilities (and lost his motivation), they kind of switched place.

I'm not really sure about what Kay said about him unable to use his ceros and wolves anymore. I think that he didn't used the wolves because they were part of his soul, and he didn't want to lose them.
    Last edited by River_Capulet; December 27, 2012 at 01:28 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [FEATURED] Is Yamamoto Weaker than the Royal Guards?

& Finally No I didn't mean...
    Those few words pretty much sum up your arguments. Now, if only you'd stop underestimating Yamamoto, and Shunsui.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of the arguments here have gone a step beyond stupid, I think my IQ dropped several points just by reading them.

Starrk didn't fight at full strength, and didn't like to fight in the first place either.

Shunsui was actually fighting seriously, using underhanded methods to get a kill, and yet Starrk able to read them completely, and easily dodge those attacks too. Not only that, but Starrk fought with Shunsui who was dual wielding for a while and keeping the upper hand.

Both Shunsui and Ukitake use "wicked" tricks to kill their opponents. Even though they are skilled enough to hold their own against a strong opponent in direct combat their specialty is cheating. And cheating or not, Starrk never had any trouble keeping up with them.

Some time later Starrk got completely demoralized and gave up, just using his Lobos thing to end the fight and go home. Shunsui used the moment and a severe cheat move to gravely injure him and turn the fight to his favor. If you notice Starrk was clutching at his bleeding out chest after the fact, and also noticed how his mind began to dwell into his memories and other stuff, so he wasn't fighting at his best, and also notice how Shunsui didn't have to face those wolves because Starrk used them all and didn't summon more, and those Cero guns transformed into the wolves so they were gone too. In the end Shusui only killed Starrk by cheating again, and it's not like Starrk couldn't react, he saw it coming and his expression was less like "SHIT!" and more like "...damn it".

In the end, neither Shunsui nor Ukitake had to deal with Starrk's full power, or even have to fight him seriously. They were extremely lucky their opponent was such a cool guy.

By the way, the Vaizados are stronger than those two but I don't see anybody talking about them, I guess that is because they lost and the mentality here is "higher K/D ratio = stronger".
    Last edited by Torran; December 27, 2012 at 12:25 PM.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    Both Shunsui and Ukitake use "wicked" tricks to kill their opponents. Even though they are skilled enough to hold their own against a strong opponent in direct combat their specialty is cheating. And cheating or not, Starrk never had any trouble keeping up with them.
    Cheating...their specialty is cheating. Seriously? How exactly have they cheated? You realise that it's a bit ridiculous to refer to tactics, and abilities, as cheating.

Quote Quote:
    By the way, the Vaizados are stronger than those two but I don't see anybody talking about them, I guess that is because they lost and the mentality here is "higher K/D ratio = stronger".
    As for the Vaizards, what have they shown that suggests they are more powerful than Shunsui and Ukitake? How are you coming to that conclusion? The manga seems to suggest something very different.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Using only katana instead of katana+wakizashi is not underhanded method, it's going easy on somebody. How is using one sword instead of two is UNDERHANDED method?

Wow, he dodged attack from 1 sword from double swords style swordsman. I wonder if you ever trained any martial art that requires using katana/bokken/shinai/nodachi/tachi/wakizashi. For training, of course. I can't imagine attacking anyone with nodachi. xD You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. And do I have to remind you, that Shunsui isn't even in Shikai at that moment? Or that he uses one out of two swords, right now? Actually, wakizashi comes really handy in combat. You have no idea how much.

And did you notice, that he STILL isn't even in Shikai...? xD

Quote Quote:
    Both Shunsui
    Oh, so Shunsui is weaker because of his personality! I wonder if later in this post you'll show how he threw his haori just to attack him from below. Look at Shunsui's zanpakuto. Games, trickery. He uses double

Quote Quote:
    Yes, using your ability is totally hax and wrong! UKITAKE, YOU BASTARD!

Shunsui, YOU TOO? YOU FREAKIN' BASTARD. HOW DARE YOU USE TWO OF YOUR ZANPAKUTO TECHNIQUES? How dare you use Takaoni? You deserve big scolding from Yamaji! Oh, wait.

Quote Quote:
    Even though they are skilled enough to hold their own against a strong opponent in direct combat their specialty is cheating.
    You sir, are a complete idiot. Well, I guess your nationality speaks for itself.

Quote Quote:
    And cheating or not, Starrk never had any trouble keeping up with them.
    But Stark isn't sneaky bastard for using his ability, unlimited, infinite Cero? I forgot. Stark could shoot all the ceros he wanted to, but Shunsui had to beat him with one sword, without Shikai, not using his abilities, and attacking those unlimited Ceros head on!

I almost forgot, that using your strongest ability (based on his feats, Kageoni) is a cheat move. Burn in hell, Shunsui!

Quote Quote:
    to gravely injure him and turn the fight to his favor.
    I don't know if you remember, but Stark didn't get a proper hit on Shunsui before attacking him while he was trying to save Ukitake from WW. Oh, I forgot. Attacking from the back when the other guy is trying to save his best friend IS NOT cheap/cheat/underhanded. What will you say? Why would Stark care? And why would Kyoraku care about Stark and his talking or about his fight with Vaizards?

Quote Quote:
    killed Starrk by cheating again[/URL], and it's not like Starrk couldn't react, he saw it coming and his expression was less like "SHIT!" and more like "...damn it".
    Yes, using your ability to the fullest IS cheating. By taking off haori, he was COMPLETELY covered in black. It gave his attack great boost. Also, reread manga. Even if Stark blocked, it'd be over.

Quote Quote:
    In the end, neither Shunsui nor Ukitake had to deal with Starrk's full power, or even have to fight him seriously. They were extremely lucky their opponent was such a cool guy.
    And did Stark face Bankai Kyoraku? Oh, wait, he didn't. Did he fight with Kyoraku+Ukitake? Oh, wait, Ukitake got trashed by WW. It was Stark who was lucky, that Shunsui didn't go bankai.

Quote Quote:
    Any proof, that Vaizards are stronger than Kyoraku and Ukitake? ANY? And your mentality is "Mask and Shinigami= stronger". I didn't see Yamaji wearing a Hollow mask, and did you? Oh, so that small mask doesn't make you stronger than everyone?

http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...8-page-16.html

Well, Love treats Shunsui as someone stronger than him. Still, he was pissed about him butting into fight. They got lectured by Shunsui and didn't mind that. Shunsui considers himself their superior (well, he always was, since TBTP arc), and they consider him superior. They were both Captains, so Love let himself to make comment on his lawlessness, but it doesn't change their attitude towards Kyoraku.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Lucky, dirty, unfair or not, the fight simply does not point towards an accurate power measurement between the two.

Both has ability based releases, so shikai Shunsui is no different than normal shunsui unless he uses his ability, same applies for Starrk.

Shunsui was cornered by Starrk's ceros until Uki interfered http://www.mangareader.net/94-7112-2...apter-362.html

When Starrk shot Shunsui and temporarily neutralized him, that was the last time Shunsui had to deal with those ceros. He was lucky that the vaizards took the hits from the wolves for him. If he had to face Starrk all by himself from the beginning, how would he fend of the ceros or the wolves?

But still, there's no deny that Bankai Shunsui will be able to beat Starrk. Even though we do not know what it is capable of, at least a 5 fold increase in power is a reasonable indicator. I don't agree with Starrk being lucky that Shunsui didn't go Bankai, because it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the match. I would say that Shunsui was lucky that he didn't need to use Bankai.

There are some hints that the Vizards are stronger than at least Uki http://www.mangareader.net/94-7114-7...apter-364.html WW easily speed blitz Uki but had a hard time with masked Mahsiro, a vice captain level vizard.
    Last edited by River_Capulet; December 27, 2012 at 01:52 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    Cheating...their specialty is cheating. Seriously? How exactly have they cheated? You realise that it's a bit ridiculous to refer to tactics, and abilities, as cheating.

Even if they are actually tactics, they way they are executed is considered cheating. Switching the blade from hand to hand to get a surprise cut, using a hat to block sight and attack, using fog as a distraction, attacking from behind, popping out of shadows, using a rule game without actually giving out the rules, redirecting an attack while changing its speed and force and so on. Ukitake and specially Shunsui did everything to take Starrk down even by using the cheapest moves possible. Why didn't Shunsui face Starrk's wolves? Because he waited until they were gone. Tactic? Yes. Fair? No.

As for the Vaizards, what have they shown that suggests they are more powerful than Shunsui and Ukitake? How are you coming to that conclusion? The manga seems to suggest something very different.
    First of all, what actually suggests that Ukitake and Shunsui are stronger? You seem to be awfully confident about it. Really, I want you to give your proof, because I'll give mine.

http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...66-page-7.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...16-page-3.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...16-page-4.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...16-page-7.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...6-page-10.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...6-page-11.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...8-page-12.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-13.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-14.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...20-page-1.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...20-page-2.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...20-page-3.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...22-page-1.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...22-page-5.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...25-page-7.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...25-page-8.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...24-page-6.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...24-page-7.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...24-page-8.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...24-page-9.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...4-page-12.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...4-page-13.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...4-page-15.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...4-page-19.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...77-page-7.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...77-page-8.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...79-page-7.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...79-page-8.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...79-page-9.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-10.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-15.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-16.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-17.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...80-page-9.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...0-page-17.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...1-page-10.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...1-page-11.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...1-page-20.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...2-page-11.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...85-page-8.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...85-page-9.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...5-page-10.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...5-page-15.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...5-page-16.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...5-page-17.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...86-page-7.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...6-page-13.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...6-page-15.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...6-page-16.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-10.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-12.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-13.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-16.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-18.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-19.html

The Vaizados have always been portrayed as brutally strong, and more so if they have their masks on. So your claim that "The manga seems to suggest something very different." is pure made up bullcrap.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    First of all, what actually suggests that Ukitake and Shunsui are stronger? You seem to be awfully confident about it. Really, I want you to give your proof, because I'll give mine.

The Vaizados have always been portrayed as brutally strong, and more so if they have their masks on. So your claim that "The manga seems to suggest something very different." is pure made up bullcrap.
    You just showed us pictures of Vaizards and Hichigo. THANK YOU, I NEVER SAW IT BEFORE! :O Still, was Yamaji weaker than them? He didn't have a mask. Does Juha have a hollow mask? I don't think so. So that small mask isn't deciding factor. Showing me some Vaizards won't make me believe, that they're stronger than him. Don't make bigger fool from yourself.

Is there anything that suggests, that Vaizards are stronger than Shunsui and Ukitake? No, there isn't. About Shunsui's strength I can say, that he had pretty much upper hand against SR, that had to use special ability- Grimaniel to escape his attack, while he was still in Shikai. And because of his carefreeness, he got shot in eye. Then he cut him pretty deeply, SR's blood was all over the place. And Ukitake+Kyoraku could fight equally with Yamamoto without being injured. Any proof, that any of Vaizards would do better than them? Any proof, that Shunsui is weaker than them? Maybe Shinji would have a chance against him.

New Reply
Page 62 of 78 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast