Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/1/14 - 9/7/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by cnet128 , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The REAL purpose of the Bankai medallions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

The REAL purpose of the Bankai medallions

With the latest chapter revealing certain things, it now seems that actually using the stolen bankais against the Shinigami could just have been a ruse, a decoy. It seems Yhwach was expecting the bankais to be returned.

So what was the real purpose then?

To "taint" the Bankais by having Quincies use them, in order to mark the Captains' souls so that their power automatically go to Yhwach if they die.
    This will make sense if you have read the latest chapter 565.

It could be those Shinigami were already tainted from their wounds against those Sternritter, but if not then this could be how they were marked.
    Last edited by Notak; January 22, 2014 at 08:37 PM.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tygulopk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The REAL purpose of the Bankai medallions (SPOILERS from latest chapter)

This actually makes a good amount of sense. It would make the bankai medallions have a good "two birds with one stone" type of utility too. If the Sternrittern successfully steal the Bankai and the Shinigami can't get them back, then their military might is crippled. If the Shinigami can get the Bankai back, then the users of those bankai can then be used to power Yhwach when they die. Either outcome ultimately benefits Yhwach.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

True, maybe it wasn't a ruse but actually a "double-edged sword" -- a plan with two purposes, as you just said.
    Last edited by Notak; January 22, 2014 at 08:47 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    With the latest chapter revealing certain things, it now seems that actually using the stolen bankais against the Shinigami could just have been a ruse, a decoy. It seems Yhwach was expecting the bankais to be returned.

So what was the real purpose then?

To "taint" the Bankais by having Quincies use them, in order to mark the Captains' souls so that their power automatically go to Yhwach if they die.
    This will make sense if you have read the latest chapter 565.

It could be those Shinigami were already tainted from their wounds against those Sternritter, but if not then this could be how they were marked.
    that makes perfect sense cause i was wondering why they showed byakuya when he was explain how every piece goes back to bach. makes you wonder how many powers and souls hes collected

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nitsthegame's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

agreed to the theory, but why not use the medallion on renji? He hasnt used the pill, or has he?

visit me here

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So then Aizen becomes Soul Society's savior through the hollowfication process?

A logical extension of 'bankai stolen + hollow reitsu = bankai returned' is 'soul marked by bach + hollowfication = soul doesn't go to bach because it's poisonous'. Or, perhaps, that's how Ichigo beats bach in the end… a sort of neo vs. agent smith type conclusion. That would further explain the Soul King's interest in Ichigo.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nitsthegame View Post
    agreed to the theory, but why not use the medallion on renji? He hasnt used the pill, or has he?
    It is likely that Urahara sent the pills to the royal dimension (somehow) as well.
    Either that, or the royal guards saw what Urahara did and found their own method...
    I doubt that the medallions will have much to play in the story now - minus perhaps a showing from Ryuujin Jakka...

Quote Originally Posted by ljt View Post
    So then Aizen becomes Soul Society's savior through the hollowfication process?

A logical extension of 'bankai stolen + hollow reitsu = bankai returned' is 'soul marked by bach + hollowfication = soul doesn't go to bach because it's poisonous'. Or, perhaps, that's how Ichigo beats bach in the end… a sort of neo vs. agent smith type conclusion. That would further explain the Soul King's interest in Ichigo.
    Aizen or Urahara.
    Kisuke did come up with the temporary hollowfication pill/process, as well as stating that he also experimented with strengthening souls through hollowfication (he just later decided against it due to *cough* 'ethical' or 'moral' reasons [though I am still not sure why]).

Aizen didn't experiment with hollowfication to deal with the quincies stealing bankais... well... perhaps he did - Aizen does have the, annoying (and unrealistic at times), characteristic of saying "I knew you would do A, so I had already done B". Then "I knew you knew that I would do B, to counter your A, so I have already done C".
    I can easily see the mangaka stating later that Aizen had already planned for the medallions (how he could have known I have no idea) and that was why he was doing hollowfication...
    I call preemptive BS on that.
    Infinite RAGE!

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@zimbardo. I agree and want to add that , this reveals more that Hollows are more like a disease to Yhwach's power. Meaning, Ichigo can't be affected by this because his soul is a perfect mixture of hollow and shinigami. Yhwach by the way, is way worse than Aizen.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

That actually makes sense.
    http://readms.com/r/bleach/565/2224/17

As seen here the ones specifically shown are the ones who stole bankais and the shinigami who had their bankai stolen, no one else. So basically byakuya, komamura, soifon and hitsugaya have a bit of quincy in them right now. I wonder if there is a way for them to take advantage of the bits of quincy they get. Even if the portions of juhabach's soul they received would be smaller than the ones those quincy originally had the purpose of the souls is to strenghten the ones to receive it. I wonder if they can be considered technically hybrids... Thinking about it the vizards might have been in a similar position since they hollowified. Remember urahara said he used quincy arrows to give them the quincy bit they needed to balance their souls? They might have received a portion of from those quincy arrows urahara used. There is also the fact that juhabach took yamamoto's bankai....

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Chameleone View Post
    that makes perfect sense cause i was wondering why they showed byakuya when he was explain how every piece goes back to bach. makes you wonder how many powers and souls hes collected
    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post

As seen here the ones specifically shown are the ones who stole bankais and the shinigami who had their bankai stolen, no one else. So basically byakuya, komamura, soifon and hitsugaya have a bit of quincy in them right now. I wonder if there is a way for them to take advantage of the bits of quincy they get. Even if the portions of juhabach's soul they received would be smaller than the ones those quincy originally had the purpose of the souls is to strenghten the ones to receive it. I wonder if they can be considered technically hybrids... Thinking about it the vizards might have been in a similar position since they hollowified. Remember urahara said he used quincy arrows to give them the quincy bit they needed to balance their souls? They might have received a portion of from those quincy arrows urahara used. There is also the fact that juhabach took yamamoto's bankai....
    Yep that's the part of the chapter I was thinking of, it made me wonder why the captains were implied to have been "marked".

@kkck: Good point, that would mean the Vizards have been infected for a century.

What do you mean about Yama's bankai though?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, yeah, I didn't elaborate about yamamoto's bankai. I didn't have a point in particular there, I was just thinking that juhabach got to put a piece of his soul on yamamoto and when yamamoto died he got the piece back. So he has a bit of yamamoto's within him... In context that seems relevant considering yamamoto has been called the history of SS itself. With an imprint of every quincy ever and yamamoto juhabach effectively is the entire history of soul society and the quincy.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm could it be? I thought he just stole his bankai, strange that Kubo hasn't been clear about it if it's true.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say it's cause superstar might of been in Vollständig that he was unable to take his bankai, it's also possible that he just forget in the same way he did when he carelessly threw Renji out of the battlefield during the first encounter.

As for the medallions they were most likely a trick to feign strength increase in the shinigami. He stole them to put fear into the shinigami to make them think they would have to train hard to become stronger and by training they would be able to fight on equal footing. The reality though is that Bach put his soul into everyone during the first invasion, he struck fear into the shinigami and showed thema clear threat.

With the shinigami training and winning, they think they have gotten stronger but it's all part of Bach's plan, they didn't get stronger they were tricked into thinking they actually got a lot stronger then they actually are.

Hitsugaya barely defeated his opponent in Bankai, and Komamaru decimated his foe with his family's secret. The truth in this is, Komamaru would of been able to fight on equal ground with his opponent had he just used his bankai while sustaining heavy injuries but it's because he used that secret he decimated her.

Same thing goes for Soi Fon, she also sustained heavy injuries and her bankai was able to defeat her foe but again she didn't have any true power boost, her bankai only was pretty much enough.

-------------
    Bach is just toying with the shinigami, his intent was never to win but to create a never-ending war or at least hopes of creating a war that never ends because the more people that die with his soul in him the stronger he becomes, the outcome doesn't matter to him.

This does make you wonder though if next week we might see Mayuri, it would be nice if he still has some bacteria in Ishida lol.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jiraiyanindo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post

That would awesome if they could use quincy powers too but I don't think they have those powers. The pill Urahara gave to the captains who had their bankais stolen didn't produce hollow masks or anything. It was just enough to poison the bankais so they would return to their owners. So, I doubt the quantities we are talking about here are enough to give birth to new powers and abilities.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

How about Yamamoto? was he able to absorm him too? if yes, then it is totally BS on that note and he could just stop sleeping and roflstomp the whole war saga.... That is just hilarious..hahahah

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast