Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 35 of 78 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranking of Captains

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ranking of Captains

Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    1) Aizen Souske - His strength, intelligence, and tactical ability is unmatched. He doesn't even need a Bankai.
    2) Yamamoto - He is the supreme captain after all.
    3) Ichimaru Gin - Brilliant and cunning fellow.
    4) Ukitake Juushirou - I believe sickness mars his performance a lot.
    5) Byakuya Kuchki - Seems like a cool-minded, tactical captain with a great bankai.
    Aizen even had to create a special Arrancar on the sole purpose to seal Yamaji's bankai and also even admitted that Yamamoto would have defeated him.
    Naruto Forever

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Doesn't that give him an edge in intelligence? Which is why I placed him higher than yamamoto. The old man fought very foolishly.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Doesn't that give him an edge in intelligence? Which is why I placed him higher than yamamoto. The old man fought very foolishly.
    But when you say that his strength is unmatched, it's plain wrong. Of course, we're not considering the person who fused with Hogyoku. If this is Captain Aizen during his time in SS, he was never anywhere near Captain-Commander in terms of strength.
    And just because they didn't come up with their own evil schemes, you cannot degrade the intellect of the likes of Urahara and Mayuri. They are at least on par with Aizen in terms of intelligence, if not better.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Arcanix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1) Yamamoto
    2) Aizen
    3) Shunsui
    4) Kenpachi
    5) Byakuya
    Not counting Urahara, yoruichi, or Isshin. Hard to estimate their powers. Ukitake is always sick, so that knocks him down.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member espadaboyzz's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

This is my Captain Ranking based on Imagination only:

1. Yamamoto
    2. Unohana (she could be a monster )
    3. Aizen/Isshin
    4. Shunsui/Yoruichi/Urahara
    5. Ukitake/Shinji/Kenpachi/Byakuya
    6. Love/Kensei/Gin
    7. Rose/Soifon/Komamura/Tousen/Toshiro
    8. Mayuri

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by espadaboyzz View Post

1. Yamamoto
    3. Aizen/Isshin
    6. Love/Kensei/Gin
    8. Mayuri
    i would switch 2 and 3 or even put unohana in the same tier as 3
    and komamura is the last he is in the komamura tier where he belongs ... alone
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by espadaboyzz View Post

1. Yamamoto
    3. Aizen/Isshin
    6. Love/Kensei/Gin
    8. Mayuri
    Isshin is FAR above Aizen (before transformation) without going Bankai. He sent him flying with one finger and made him reach his limit without breakin' a sweat. He used final getsuga before the story began, he HAS to have bankai. I think we'll see dad/son tag team at the end of the manga. A fight to avenge Masaki, whose death is still a mystery.

And I agree, there's Komamura tier, which is the worst ever. Tousen was far above Komamura when he hollowfied. About Unohana... I think she can be as strong as Shunsui, but not as strong as Isshin. He was Squad 0, Hikifune got promoted to Squad 0, Unohana wasn't, so she has to be weaker than them. But Isshin now isn't as strong as he was, so who knows, maybe she is as strong as Isshin now. But there than -getsu think and True Blood thingy, that puts Isshin in god tier as Ichigo, I guess, and Unohana lower.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    But when you say that his strength is unmatched, it's plain wrong. Of course, we're not considering the person who fused with Hogyoku. If this is Captain Aizen during his time in SS, he was never anywhere near Captain-Commander in terms of strength.
    And just because they didn't come up with their own evil schemes, you cannot degrade the intellect of the likes of Urahara and Mayuri. They are at least on par with Aizen in terms of intelligence, if not better.
    To me Strength is a subjective term. A lot of things come into play. That's the reason I placed him at number one, and I wouldn't say 'No where near' Yamamoto, as there is no proof in the manga to suggest that the difference is that vast as you make it sound like.

Again, intellect is a moot point. And I wouldn't call Aizen evil. His quest was pretty noble. At least he wasn't shackled by a hypocritical political system with a sovereign rule. I would take such a character over the likes of Uaraha any day.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Again, intellect is a moot point. And I wouldn't call Aizen evil. His quest was pretty noble. At least he wasn't shackled by a hypocritical political system with a sovereign rule. I would take such a character over the likes of Uaraha any day.
    People who sacrifice their happiness to achieve some greater goal are stupid to me. They're bound to fail. Aizen alone would have to annihilate SS to achieve his goal, but Royal Guard would mop the floor with him. And about his goal being NOBLE. It wasn't. It was just need to be above others, to get recognition and to change something in the world. Goal can't be noble. When I say: "I want to people live in peace" it sounds noble, right? So I will just kill everybody except me and my girlfriend. We'll live in peace (except few days a month...). Way of doing things is more important than the result when we say about sooo... big things.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ok if we are simply ranking JUST the captains (and vizards) but nobody living in KT, I would rank them like this. Remember I'm olny doing current captains plus Love

tier 1-Yamamoto

tier 2-Shunshui, Ukitake, Shinji, and probably Unohana

tier 3- Kenpachi, Byakuya, Love, Rose, and Kensei (the vizard captains are older and more experienced than Byakuya, also their hollow powers likely make them stronger than him by a good bit)

tier 4-Toshiro and Soi-Fong and honestly Mayuri cause of his intellect

Tier 5 we all knew it was coming...Komomura

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Though honestly we don't have enough information on Tessai, Urahara, Yourichi, and Isshin to place them accurately. Though I would guess that they are honestly around tier2 or possibly slightly above. But ive said it before, its all pure speculation with those 4.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    People who sacrifice their happiness to achieve some greater goal are stupid to me. They're bound to fail. Aizen alone would have to annihilate SS to achieve his goal, but Royal Guard would mop the floor with him. And about his goal being NOBLE. It wasn't. It was just need to be above others, to get recognition and to change something in the world. Goal can't be noble. When I say: "I want to people live in peace" it sounds noble, right? So I will just kill everybody except me and my girlfriend. We'll live in peace (except few days a month...). Way of doing things is more important than the result when we say about sooo... big things.
    I agree with you on the first point. There is no need to sacrifice ones desires for some bullshit act of nobility. To me, a self-fish reason is more noble than a selfless one. Makes sense? One of his reasons was to take the soul king down. Why should there be a sovereign power to govern everyone? I am against it, hence the likeness.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you on the first point. There is no need to sacrifice ones desires for some bullshit act of nobility. To me, a self-fish reason is more noble than a selfless one. Makes sense? One of his reasons was to take the soul king down. Why should there be a sovereign power to govern everyone? I am against it, hence the likeness.
    That one existence is crucial and balances all souls. Without Soul king, there wouldn't be SS. He didn't affect Aizen in any way. You say "govern everyone", but he hardly does anything... xD The reason for Aizen wanting to take him down was to be seen and acknowledged. Dangai Ichigo showed him, that he got it all wrong, and he wouldn't do much. He showed him, that he wasn't that extra strong and that he could stand up to him.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    That one existence is crucial and balances all souls. Without Soul king, there wouldn't be SS. He didn't affect Aizen in any way. You say "govern everyone", but he hardly does anything... xD The reason for Aizen wanting to take him down was to be seen and acknowledged. Dangai Ichigo showed him, that he got it all wrong, and he wouldn't do much. He showed him, that he wasn't that extra strong and that he could stand up to him.
    Ichigo is a shonen hero, and he can never lose. Can we agree on this? So whatever plot points the author twisted around didn't work for me, nor did they make any sense.

Look at their political set up and then look at the way souls are treated. Unless the souls are not pure or have high spirituality, they are left to rot in the slums of SS with no one to care for them. How many even become Shinigami? Very very few compared to the overwhelming population of souls with little to no spiritual essence. So I'll say, for a figure head needed for SS's existence, he sure is self-serving.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo is a shonen hero, and he can never lose. Can we agree on this? So whatever plot points the author twisted around didn't work for me, nor did they make any sense.

Look at their political set up and then look at the way souls are treated. Unless the souls are not pure or have high spirituality, they are left to rot in the slums of SS with no one to care for them. How many even become Shinigami? Very very few compared to the overwhelming population of souls with little to no spiritual essence. So I'll say, for a figure head needed for SS's existence, he sure is self-serving.
    1. In one post, you are treating Bleach as other reality, in which everything is logical, you analyze Aizen's mind, but you go with stupid "Shonen Hero" point in next post. I can say Aizen is fictional and is typical Shonen Villain. Intelligent, strong, to be killed my main hero.
    2. It has nothing to do with Soul King. He didn't do shit. Yamaji made academy and I guess he made Seireitei, and other districts were divided by him I believe.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member daman246's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

By what we've seen so Far

1.Yama
    2. Isshin Gave Aizen a run for his Money
    3. Aizen Gave everyone a run for their money
    4. Urahra Intellect
    5. Kyoraku Great swordskills
    6. Unahana Unknown but she is one of the older captain up there with Kyouraku
    7. Shinji Hax Shikai and unknown Bankai + he is an old Captain
    8. Kenpachi Immense Power+ reitsu
    9. Byakuya SwordSkills and Elegant Moves
    10. Rose Weaklin in my opinion
    11. Soi Fon good Shikai Crap Bankai
    12. Toushiro A kid who is weak
    13. Mayuri Can be very deadly but hes Power and Speed are subpar
    14. Kumamura this guy is probably weaker than Renji. Weakest captain of all and that is a fact

Dindnt Put Ukitake well because they guy is Sick and hes ability and sword skills are ?

New Reply
Page 35 of 78 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast