Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 51 of 78 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranking of Captains

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ranking of Captains

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    What does his shikai do, then? Serve them cookies? Confusing your opponents on this level isn't something you can do by talking and stuff like that, you actually need to change their perception!
    Some of you lot need to start think just a bit more.
    Shinji questioned Aizen when he used Kyouka Suigetsu (THAT IS AIZEN'S SHIKAI). Just because Aizen used it doesn't mean he used it's ability.
    It's the same way Shunsui could use Katen Kyokotsu & never use it's ability.

THINK A LITTLE FOR YOUSELF DAMN IT!! Unless you think Hinamori thought "You really are young, you see a chance for victory & you leap to attack without any kind of plan, that is your greatest weakness Captain Hitsugaya" & "Shit" then all your arguments don't make sense. Aizen activated Kyouka Suigetsu (his zanpakuto's shikai) but it doesn't mean he had to us it's ability (or abilities because his shikai could have more abilities).

AGAIN THINK FOR YOURSELF!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Aizen actually did fought with all of the captains, he only switched to Hinamori at the very end. Otherwise Ichigo would have warned them much earlier. He switched position with her so fast that when Ichigo had the chance to yell out to them, it was too late. It wouldn't make sense if Soifon stabed Hinamori twice and failed to kill her, so I can at least say that the Aizen at that time was the real thing.

http://www.mangareader.net/94-47010-...apter-392.html Hinamori doesn' have any would in the place that Shunsui stabbed Aizen earlier.

http://www.mangareader.net/94-46757-...apter-391.html notice the cut just above where Hitsu stabbed Illusion Aizen. If they were fighting Hinamori all along, why didn't she have the wound Shunsui inflicted.
    Last edited by River_Capulet; December 14, 2012 at 10:31 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shinji's shikai can't be figured out completely since part of the effects work with instinct like As Nodt ability. Aizen figured out part and countered the rest with the use of KS. I don't know why you people felt Aizen was under any obligation to tell the truth ...Maybe he did cancel Soifon's attack, maybe it hit air we'll never know conclusive unless Kubo tells us.

Most likely though all those attacks did not all hit Hinamori, she would have died.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post

Most likely though all those attacks did not all hit Hinamori, she would have died.
    Say that to the one who nearly got cut in half and still managed to survice (aka Hitsugaya)
    Also, Kubo's habit of forgetting to draw wounds makes it harder to figure when he did use KS exactly or any of the sort, for example, in chapter 392, the wounds made by Shunsui when Hitsugaya stabbed him were visible, in the next pages it isn't anymore

So anyway, I don't know how the hell did Aizen pull that, but he trolled Gotei 13 with his KS from the very beginning, I'll take his words anytime anyday

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    THINK A LITTLE FOR YOUSELF DAMN IT!! Unless you think Hinamori thought "You really are young, you see a chance for victory & you leap to attack without any kind of plan, that is your greatest weakness Captain Hitsugaya" & "Shit" then all your arguments don't make sense. Aizen activated Kyouka Suigetsu (his zanpakuto's shikai) but it doesn't mean he had to us it's ability (or abilities because his shikai could have more abilities).

AGAIN THINK FOR YOURSELF!!
    If a guy can make a fly look like a dragon (his own words), I'd definitely give the idea of him creating an illusionary speech a chance. It was Aizen talking, for sure. But he could have possibly altered the captains' visual senses and virtually appeared right in front of them.
    Remember Komamura vs Aizen in the Sokyoku Hill. Komamura and Aizen were speaking, and apparently, Komamura was speaking to what his eyes perceived, an illusionary Aizen. That's pretty much the same.

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Say that to the one who nearly got cut in half and still managed to survice (aka Hitsugaya)
    Or Hiyori, who actually got cut in half.

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by River_Capulet View Post
    I think that Aizen actually did fought with all of the captains, he only switched to Hinamori at the very end. Otherwise Ichigo would have warned them much earlier. He switched position with her so fast that when Ichigo had the chance to yell out to them, it was too late. It wouldn't make sense if Soifon stabed Hinamori twice and failed to kill her, so I can at least say that the Aizen at that time was the real thing.
    Not necessarily.
    He doesn't have to put another body in his place to create illusions. So, it could very well be possible that Soifon used Homonka on nothing.
    Or maybe he was the real thing. The point is we cannot be so sure of that. I'm not taking Aizen's words literally.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Also, Kubo's habit of forgetting to draw wounds makes it harder to figure when he did use KS exactly or any of the sort, for example, in chapter 392, the wounds made by Shunsui when Hitsugaya stabbed him were visible, in the next pages it isn't anymore

So anyway, I don't know how the hell did Aizen pull that, but he trolled Gotei 13 with his KS from the very beginning, I'll take his words anytime anyday
    I agree with the bold part.

As it concerns the Hits part, well shinigami are really durable lol... Kubo just doesn't have the guts to kill characters regardless of how much damage they take. Yeah Hits had his arm and leg cut off but Hiyori was horizontally bisected and still didn't die... "Good guys" are really hard to kill in Bleach...look at Byakuya

The villains should just get up....it's hopeless lol

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Not necessarily.
    He doesn't have to put another body in his place to create illusions. So, it could very well be possible that Soifon used Homonka on nothing.
    Or maybe he was the real thing. The point is we cannot be so sure of that. I'm not taking Aizen's words literally.
    But the real thing that makes it confusing is that Ichigo, who is not under the effect of KS didn't warn them... This make me think that he only switch place with Hinamori just before the panel in which he sees Shinji's zan and notice its effect. If they were fighting air all the time why didn't Ichigo warn them, of course we can all blame it on plot holes, but it's only natural that we try to find the most reasonable answer.

The debate is now about were the captains fighting air or the actual Aizen... In case I got off topic again -.-
    Last edited by River_Capulet; December 15, 2012 at 09:02 AM.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

But the real thing that makes it confusing is that Ichigo, who is not under the effect of KS didn't warn them... This make me think that he only switch place with Hinamori just before the panel in which he sees Shinji's zan and notice its effect. If they were fighting air all the time why didn't Ichigo warn them, of course we can all blame it on plot holes, but it's only natural that we try to find the most reasonable answer.
    I know that it looks odd for Ichigo to stand there and watch them stab Hinamori.
    But as I said above, KS doesn't grant Aizen a magician's tricks. Thus, if he got stabbed by Kyouraku for real, he'd need a way to detach himself from the sword. And then, go down where Kira, Hisagi and Hinamori were present, take Hinamori, get back up, put Kyouraku's sword in her chest and get back down to take Hinamori's place at an instant. All because KS cannot alter reality, so, if he's stabbed in chest, he cannot change that fact and cannot free himself of that sword by KS's ability.

I agree, though. Ichigo's standby pose doesn't really favor my theory in this situation.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    I know that it looks odd for Ichigo to stand there and watch them stab Hinamori.
    But as I said above, KS doesn't grant Aizen a magician's tricks. Thus, if he got stabbed by Kyouraku for real, he'd need a way to detach himself from the sword. And then, go down where Kira, Hisagi and Hinamori were present, take Hinamori, get back up, put Kyouraku's sword in her chest and get back down to take Hinamori's place at an instant. All because KS cannot alter reality, so, if he's stabbed in chest, he cannot change that fact and cannot free himself of that sword by KS's ability.

I agree, though. Ichigo's standby pose doesn't really favor my theory in this situation.
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-46757-...apter-391.html Shunsui pulled the sword out himself. I don't know if aizen is capable of being so fast that he can switch place with Hinamori before Ichigo can even react to warn the others, but it is the most reasonable theory for me to believe in.

Later on in the fight, when he fights with Yama, he doesn't have any visible would at the place Shunsui stabbed him. I can and will blame it on the Hogyoku ability to heal him, not really that convincing but still believable.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen didn't say he was using KS from the beginning, his words were "When did you get the idea that I wasn't using KS?". The point of it was that by it's very nature, Kyoka Suigetsu works by making you think it isn't working, or at least that's how I interpreted his words. But he must have actually been fighting the Captains for at least a while before pulling his Hinamori trick, because a) The Captains sustained physical damage and b) Ichigo watched Aizen cutting them down with his own eyes.

I think Aizen tricked the Captains when Hitsugaya tried to trap his arm in that pillar of ice. Doing so probably obscured Aizen from Ichigo's view, allowing him to move unnoticed. Then again, Ichigo could have been screaming at them the whole time, but since they were under hypnosis, Aizen prevented them from hearing him. But yeah, even though Kubo does have a tendency to forget to draw injuries on people, the fact that both Aizen and Hinamori had no signs of being hit by either Sui Feng or Shunsui indicates that the two Captains were just attacking the block of ice. Aizen's little inner monologue does obscure things, though. I guess Aizen put Hinamori in his place between Shunsui's attack and Hitsugaya's, but tbh I think the whole thing was left deliberately ambiguous, just to demonstrate the mindfuckery of KS.

Anyway, the whole point of this thing was that Aizen's line about suppressing Sui Feng's technique with reiatsu means nothing because she never actually hit him. That was just an illusion. Whether or not Sui Feng's ability could be negated by sheer reiatsu is up in the air, but I like to think it couldn't. I know reiatsu counts in Bleach, but I don't think it's quite as simple as DBZ power levels. It's not the be-all end-all, abilities count regardless of strength.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangareader.net/94-46757-...apter-391.html Shunsui pulled the sword out himself. I don't know if aizen is capable of being so fast that he can switch place with Hinamori before Ichigo can even react to warn the others, but it is the most reasonable theory for me to believe in.

Later on in the fight, when he fights with Yama, he doesn't have any visible would at the place Shunsui stabbed him. I can and will blame it on the Hogyoku ability to heal him, not really that convincing but still believable.
    Oh, it looks like he really has done that. My bad.
    I thought he was restricted, either by blade or that huge ice block, so, it was impossible for him to make the switch. Never mind, then.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Another factor to consider is...since KS affects even hearing, it's possible than he could have easily made it so they weren't hearing Ichigo's cries.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    Another factor to consider is...since KS affects even hearing, it's possible than he could have easily made it so they weren't hearing Ichigo's cries.
    never even thought of that, could be. But still Ichigo should have intervened if that was the case, the way Ichigo standby makes it looks like he thought the captains were under control...

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I think that when aizen fought the captains it was indeed aizen fighting right until hitsugaya began his attack that landed on hinamori. Aizen was fighting the captains until then and just as hitsugaya began his attack he shunpoed out of the way, grabbed hinamori and put her in the way of hitsugaya's attack. It doesn't really make sense that hinamori would have survived soifon's shikai after all. I guess the change could have been done by the time shunsui attacked but it does not seem as there was much time right then as there was right before hitsugaya's dash.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

As I said, there is no necessity that all illusions created were related to Hinamori. There is a chance that Soifon's Shikai never contacted with anything but air. KS alters sense of touch, too, after all. And there is also the time issue. As skilled as he was at Shunpo, that move looks out of reach even for Aizen. Shunpo, take Hinamori, Shunpo, put Hinamori in your place, Shunpo, get back in Hinamori's place. I think the distance is too much to travel over three times until Hitsugaya's sword makes contact.

Truth be told, this is all too tough to get a hold of. Very open to debate. Had Hinamori not said "Shiro-chan", I would even doubt she got stabbed by Hitsugaya, since Aizen could have made it look like that just to enrage him, too.

New Reply
Page 51 of 78 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast