Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 78 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranking of Captains

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted TheChosenOne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Ranking of Captains

How would you rank the captains (Former and Current Included) and Why?
    Last edited by TheChosenOne; January 09, 2008 at 08:16 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ANBU4U's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ranking of Captains

1. Shigekuni Yamamoto-Genryūsai: Obvious really, neither Shunsui nor Jūshirō were certain they could hold him.....and thats together.

2. Shunsui Kyōraku: Along with Ukitake he's easily the second most senior of the squad Captains, and one of only two shiningami who has a zanpakutō that exists as a pair.....and the only one who's zanpakutō are ALWAYS in such a state.

3. Jūshirō Ukitake: He's just as talented as Shunsui so far as we can tell, but his questionable health holds him back ever so slightly from a tie at number 2. One could argue however, that his more studious habits make up for this.

4. Byakuya Kuchiki: Being roughly on Ichigo's level (without his mask) Byakuya marks the beginning of a lower class of Captain....as he has next to no shot of beating either of the three captains above him. Were Aizen still a captain I'm certain he would have this spot instead, leaving Byakuya to compete with Gin for the 5 spot....but those two aren't current captains. basically it's Byakuya's appropriate use of kido and versatile Bankai that give him this spot.......I just don't see Kenpachi beating him as he did Tosen and Komamura. lets not forget Byakuya COULD have beaten Ichigo if he wanted....he was afterall, the only one who could stand immediately after the fight....he had just lost his will, thats a boast Kenpachi couldn't claim in the slightest. And yes, Ichigo held back in the fight, but so did Byakuya in his own right.

5.Tōshirō Hitsugaya: Meh...this was very close between Tōshirō and Kenpachi, but in the end I went with the Bankai, as soon as that changes the rankings will. Kenpachi may be able to beat Tōshirō but I think Tōshirō has a least an equal shot of doing same....and the originality of his Bankai gives him more options in my mind. Both are extremely gifted at thinking on their feet in their own ways...it be a close fight......still odds are with Tōshirō so long as he's going for the kill.
    Last edited by ANBU4U; October 22, 2007 at 03:31 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you kidding? No Kenpatchi? Now, I really can't rank them, but I just have to comment that Ukitake and Shunsui aren't as monumentally powerful as everyone seems to think they are. All that makes them special is that they were considered great shinigami by Yamamoto, which makes sense since he trained them both and they're both captains. That doesn't mean that they're the best or anything.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hitsugaya can't be in the top 5. He is really like the bottom of the barrel of the captains (probably along with Komamura).

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

in the bleach official bootleg i think it was (based on their skills in kidou etc.)
    1.Yamamoto-Genryūsai
    2.Aizen
    3.Shunsui Kyōraku
    4.Retsu Unohana
    5.Byakuya Kuchiki
    (then Tōshirō Hitsugaya or Joshiro )
    with aizen gone i would be quite the same just adding in Tōshirō or Joshiro

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

1) Shigekuni Yamamoto-Genryūsai-He is the oldest, having most experience, and probably fought with a huge numbers of menos before

2. Shunsui Kyōraku:

3. Jūshirō Ukitake: His health is the reason he is third

4) Kenpachi: i wonder why no one place kenpachi, he could easily beaten the rest, except the top three who cannot be won over by raw power, imagine Toshiro going into bankai, freeze kepachi and kepachi just break through the ice, laughing, highly possible.

5)Unohono: Although she a medic, she might be hiding something, as said in naruto, medic must stay alive to heal others, she will be strong to hold her own.

As for kuchiki, i believe he would be number 6 or 7.

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

1.Aizen Sousuke - crazy shikai, don't even know what his bankai is. He is one of the more senior captains out there, and it doesn't make sense if the primary antagonist would be weaker then anyone EXCEPT the shonen protagonist. Thats why I rank him above Yama. He is probably a Vaizard now too, further increasing his power.
    2.Yamamoto Genryuusai Shigekuni - the most senior current captain (aside from possibly Unohana and Aizen), with the most powerful fire based zampaktou, he is one helluva beast.
    3.Unohana Retsu - yeap we didn't see her much yet, however she was stated as having very high stats by the Bleach data book. Also, notice how Aizen one hit KOs Hitsugaya, but runs when confronted by Unohana? He probably knew she was very strong, and would put up a decent fight. She also noticed that there was something wrong with Aizen's corpse..the only person who noticed.
    4.Kyouraku Shunsui - Yama mentioned that Kyouraku and Ukitake are the 2 most powerful Captains after himself. However, I ranked Kyouraku above Ukitake because of Ukitake's physical condition.
    5.Ukitake Juushirou
    6.Kuchiki Byakuya - mentioned as being the most powerful Kuchiki member in generations, his bankai is fucking crazy. He would've owned bankai Ichigo if Hichigo didn't come out.
    7.Zaraki Kenpachi - His raw power, massive reitsu as well as his fearlessness and resistance to pain makes him a worthy opponent. None of the other Captains (aside from Ichigo though he isn't a captain and possibly Aizen) has as much reitsu as Zaraki does, that was why Ichigo could beat him - by overpowering him with reitsu. However, none of the other captains can do that, which makes him very hard to deal with.
    8.Ichimaru Gin - looks awesomely powerful. Very agile as shown during his fight with Hitsugaya. He was playing around with Hitsugaya, and didn't even bother fighting with his shikai until he accidentally allowed Hitsugaya to freeze his arm, whilst Hitsugaya was fighting with shikai the entire way. Also he was chosen to be Aizen's sidekick, which must say something about his skills. He is probably a vaizard now, along with Tosen and Aizen.
    9. Tousen Kaname - his bankai is crazy, but his swordsmanship and kido doesn't seem too great. His speed is slow too - we see Zaraki being able to keep up with him, even though Zaraki doesn't even use flash steps. However, the fact that Aizen chose him must mean he isn't amongst the weakest.
    10.Hitsugaya Toushirou - one of the weaker captains out there. His zanpaktou is cool, however he is young and hasn't fully mastered his zanpaktou or other skills yet. Expect him to grow more powerful as the manga progresses.
    11.Soi Fong - Pretty weak, though we havn't seen her bankai yet. Anyone faster then her can dodge her shikai which makes it completely useless. We havn't seen her use kido either.
    12.Komamura Sajin - seems weak, his bankai is slow as hell, and Zaraki could probably block it with his immense reitsu pressure. Other captains would easily dodge it.
    13.Kurotsuchi Mayuri - I'm guessing he became Captain because of his intelligence and knowledge rather then his combat skills. He got defeated by Ishida, a secondary character, and his bankai is very slow (much like Komamura's).

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Panama
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Aizen
    2. Yamamoto
    3. Urahara :P
    4. Kyouraku Shunsui
    5. Utitake

The best tag team xD lol ~ the twin zanpaktou Shunsui and Utikake.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

1) Aizen Sousuke
    2) Yamamoto
    3) Ichimaru Gin
    4) Kyouraku Shunsui
    5) Kuchiki Byakuya
    6) Zaraki Kenpachi
    7) Soi Fong
    8) Ukitake Juushirou
    9) Tousen Kaname
    10) Hitsugaya Toushirou
    11) Kurotsuchi Mayuri
    12) Unohana Retsu
    13) Komamura Sajin
    Last edited by harro7; October 25, 2007 at 08:01 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i think you are underestamating hitsugaya. He can freeze any piece of water and the air had loads of water in it and bodies do too. So he has pretty much an endless supply of ice for offence and defence depending on how long his spirital powers can last. With that ice he could crush people freeze them, he could even freeze the water inside someones body making them explode (hope we get to see that lol)

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I stated my reasoning =P

Though I think Hitsugaya will get more and more powerful in the future, as he is still young.

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh...A bunch of you said "Aizen Sosuke" when TheChosenOne said, every captain except for Aizen, Tousen and Gin...

Anyway

1) Yamamoto (obvious)
    2) Sick guy
    3) Lazy guy
    4) Byakuya (Intelligent and strong)
    5) Kenpachi (Dispached with Byakuya to stop the team from saving Orihime)

2 and 3 because they are Yamamoto's direct students and he's very pround of them.

4 because I like his power.
    5 because I like his power.

Okie.
    PokehMon

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Panama
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ripht View Post
    i think you are underestamating hitsugaya. He can freeze any piece of water and the air had loads of water in it and bodies do too. So he has pretty much an endless supply of ice for offence and defence depending on how long his spirital powers can last. With that ice he could crush people freeze them, he could even freeze the water inside someones body making them explode (hope we get to see that lol)
    Did you saw the battle with Aizen? or with the numeros not even a espada ? ichigo can pwn him without the hollow form.

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

woah,Hitsugaya would have finished shawlong if he was on full strenght in a few seconds,Aizens fight was just unfair (u can't possibly include that),Aizen a power house he would have finished Ichigo in less time than Hitsugaya,and Ichigo would need the hollow form.just sticking up for the Hitsugaya fans.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted TheChosenOne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I revised my the topic to include every captain.

New Reply
Page 1 of 78 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast