Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranking of Captains

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Smudj's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ranking of Captains

Don't care who's the strongest.I'm in the Kurotsuchi Mayuri bandwagon.Who's with me?!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Baal Zephon's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Mayuri, actually he's my favorite captain of the gotei 13. But surely he's not the strongest.

IMO the rank is something like this:

1- Yamamoto
    2- Aizen
    3- Shunsui
    4- Soifon
    5- Ichimaru Gin
    6- Kuchiki Byakuya
    7- Hitsugaya
    8- Mayuri
    9- Zaraki Kenpachi
    10- Tousen
    11- Ukitake
    12- Komamura

I'm not going to rank Unohana since we don't know anything about her battle skills...

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Tosen's bankai will own Mayuri's.

WTF Soifon stronger then Byakuya or Kenpachi or Ukitake?

WTF Hitsugaya stronger then KENPACHI ...UKITAKE?

wow. =/

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

how about including known ex captains eg urahara, isshin etc. seeing how we are now including aizen etc

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member radical3113's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

heres my ranking
    1.aizen (power of two capts and possibly a hollow hybrid)

2. yamamoto (overated.....imo he's only the capt coz of exp and coz centrl room 46 communicate to him alone and plus he knows where the kings key is i dont think being capt commander has anything to do with power)

3. byakuya ( simply coz he comes from the noble part of serietei plus senbonsakura kageyoshi has no blind spots, weak spots and its attack and defense at the same time.......what mre do u need)

4. shunsui and ukitake ( have to put them both on the same lvl too hard to say who is stronger)

5. kenpachi ( the only person to beat a capt when he wasnt a capt himself without so much as a shikai. took out tousen without breaking a sweat PLUS he captains the stongest squad ~ikkaku,yumichka,and previously renji)

6.tousen ( i chose tousen over gin coz we havnt seen gins bankai PLUS tousens bankai is unbelievably evil, once your in that black sphere your finished, kenpachi only defeated him coz he's a maniac, any other capt would have been mincemeat)

7.Gin and Soifon ( i chose both bcoz their both super strong but we havnt seen their bankai's)

8. mayuri ( although i feel mayuri would pwn soifon in a fight due to the fact that he's smarter than her and would outsmart her quicker than she can say yoruichi, but then again soifin only needs to land two hits and its over)

9. komamura and hitsugaya ( although i would like to put them higher IMO komamura's bankai is all about power just like ikkaku, but lacks mobility. hitsugaya i would have also have liked to place higher, but, he nearly lost to gin,and aizen pwned him, plus i dont think he uses hyorinmaru to his full ability, there are so many moves/techniques i could picture him doing with all that ice but he just dosent do it)

although i think gin and tousen's ranking should shoot up. bcoz i dont believe they would show their true power whilst still "undercover" in ss it woldnt make sense. PLUS their probably hollow hybrids now.
    Who the Tobi am I?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

By hollow hybrid do you mean a vizard? because i don't believe it would be possible for them to be like ichigo cos they didn't get both hollow and shimingai powers at the same time (one can only guess)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Panama
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by black_burn View Post
    woah,Hitsugaya would have finished shawlong if he was on full strenght in a few seconds,Aizens fight was just unfair (u can't possibly include that),Aizen a power house he would have finished Ichigo in less time than Hitsugaya,and Ichigo would need the hollow form.just sticking up for the Hitsugaya fans.
    , hitsugaya fight almost got defeated on the battle with the Espada who replace Grimy, Grimy kill that man/women i don't what the hell that thing was with just 1 zero, When Ichigo find Aizen he was exhausted due his fight with Byakuya boy, Hitsugaya was with his bankai and aizen almost didin't release his zanpakutō. Zaraki Kick Tousen Bankai ass and was going to finish Capt Fox with the eye patch.

For me Ichigo > Kenpachi > The little Kid

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Neuroff's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by black_burn View Post
    woah,Hitsugaya would have finished shawlong if he was on full strenght in a few seconds,Aizens fight was just unfair (u can't possibly include that),Aizen a power house he would have finished Ichigo in less time than Hitsugaya,and Ichigo would need the hollow form.just sticking up for the Hitsugaya fans.
    Implying that Hitsugaya is stronger than Ichigo is ridiculous. That's not an argument you can win.

Unless there is a mistranslation, Kyouraku and Ukitake are being overrated based on Yamamoto's statement about them. What he says is, "When it comes time for battle, your complementary abilities work phenomenally well together. That power is unrivaled by anyone who came before you and everyone since." He talks about their ability as a team, not as individuals.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

No.

They don't fight as a team.

Besides its Ukitake and Kyouraku are the 2 most senior captains in Gotei 13 after Aizen Unohana and Yama. Its pretty logical assume they're the most powerful after the top 3. Right?

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Ukitake and Kyouraku were captains b4 aizen(remember seeing aizen as a vice captain when tousen and sajin were not captains i think episode 51 or 54)in bleach the third phantom(its a game,dont kno if it might mean anything but)it shows ukitake shunsui and urahara as captains and aizen as a vice captain.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spike Spiegal's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1.Yamamoto

Aizen(potentially jumping up)
    2.Ukitake 3.Shinsui (Urahara,isshin)

Gin (Ichigo)
    4.Byakuya
    5.Zaraki

(all other captains) Renji

I hate to put Zaraki(my favorite Bleach Character) under Byakuya, but he is weaker atm,but, has the potential to be a god. He's basically a walking reincarnation of the devil, if you ask me, what a great character(his 3rd seat has acheived Bankai..only an invincible beast can command that type of strength).

Gaps in my list also mean gaps in power.

Fav characters: Zaraki,Urahara,Renji,Ukitaki,Shinsui,Isshin, and of course Ichigo
    Last edited by Spike Spiegal; October 26, 2007 at 10:33 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Neuroff's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hollowfied View Post
    No.

They don't fight as a team.

Besides its Ukitake and Kyouraku are the 2 most senior captains in Gotei 13 after Aizen Unohana and Yama. Its pretty logical assume they're the most powerful after the top 3. Right?
    Age has nothing to do with strength. Aizen is stronger than everyone and is younger than Kyouraku and Ukitake. Ichigo is the youngest shinigami, yet he's one of the strongest. And did you even read the quote? "When it comes time for battle, your complementary abilities work phenomenally well together. That power is unrivaled by anyone who came before you and everyone since." He is clearly talking about their strength when they fight together.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

the current captains i would say:
    1. Shigekuni Yamamoto-Genryūsai
    2. Jūshirō Ukitake shared with Shunsui Kyōraku
    3. Zarakai Kenpachi
    4. Byakuya Kuchiki shared with Retsu Unohana
    5. Soifon
    6. Mayuri Kurotsuchi
    7. Sajin Komamura shared with Tōshirō Hitsugaya

the first 2 are kinda obvious being the oldest and most recognized captains of SS (and being praised to be the strongest).
    Zaraki is just a non stopable power source, we shouldnt let ichigo (wich is about the same as zaraki) cloud the strenght of this character.
    Byakuya being a well recognized captain however very arrogant he is VERY strong.
    Soifon her zanpakatou is what makes her such a dangerous enemie and she is after all trained as an assasin having knowledge off poison and the human structure. Unohana is considerd the weakest captain in my opinion, since she isnt trained to do fighting in the first place (I do admit she is probably strong in fighting). I do admit she can analyze a character very well were as no OTHER captain could do, she was the only one figured out that aizen wasnt realy dead. This does make here rank atleast at the same level with Byakuya Kuchiki, the only reason she isnt ranked higher for me is her lack of fighting capabilities (wich she makes up with her superior analyzing and healing powers)
    Mayuri should be considerd a VERY dangerous enemie wich strenght is his power to analyze his opponent very good even while in battle, if he needs to go bankai it means the end off is enemie (99% off the time). Even if mayuri dies his enemie will do most likely making him still worthy off his rank.
    Komamura and histugaya are considerd the weakest among the captains. Komamura never showed his power and when he did he just lost, he even would have lost against zaraki if he wouldnt have run off while zaraki already has several nearly deadly wounds. Tōshirō nearly lost against a low level arrancar, he was being pushed away by a replacement 6th espada and couldnt even kill the espada even after such a preparation time (his strongest attack at that time)

if i must take in previous captains and potential captains:
    2. Sosuke Aizen
    4. Gin Ichimaru
    6. Kaname Tōsen
    7. Renji Abarai

the case about aizen is pretty obvious, since i do not dare to place aizen on the same level with yamamato he is probably very close though.
    Gin should be considerd VERY dangerous his lack of emotions is a great strenght, he is able to confuse his enemie with that everlasting smile off his.
    Tõsen his physical strenght is only avg at this time. Tõsen should be considerd a very dangerous enemie against everyone who isnt able to analyze him or is able to fight in his bankai.
    Renji is very weak at this point he is ready to be a captain but still needs to grow alot and master his skills he has aquired, there is nothing else to say about him
    Last edited by Richo; October 27, 2007 at 05:31 AM.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    "When it comes time for battle, your complementary abilities work phenomenally well together. That power is unrivaled by anyone who came before you and everyone since."
    ROFL
    What fansubs did you see?

Go read the manga and see what it said.
    Bad translators and dumbasses ftl =(

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hollowfied View Post
    ROFL
    What fansubs did you see?

Go read the manga and see what it said.
    Bad translators and dumbasses ftl =(
    i do recall that his quote was from the DB fansubs and i must agree with him, every shinigami their zanpakatou do represent their personality or a physical. the meaning of their 2 swords means in my eyes that they work together with their 2 swords making them both team players.

New Reply
Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast