Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tousen and his path of justice.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member body flicker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tousen and his path of justice.

well i think it's something wrong with him...his logic for things dont make sense to me when he was fighting kenpachi talking about how he became a captin in all he was basicly saynig that he did not like zaraki,and zaraki can be quite dense sometimes but even he knew the way tosen was talking he hated him.

but tosen said no it's just hard to forgive you, and the biggest thing is he's always talking about keeping peace and justice... but now he's on the side of evil.

unless he's waiting for the right time to over power azien ??

so what do you guys think of this man......

Sig & Avatar made by DannyG

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Silhouette's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kaname Tōsen

Tuosen believes in his own sense of justice and acts according to it. I tried to figure out his moral justification but I couldn't undertstand the speach he gave right before being pulled to HM by Menos.
    CLICK SIGNATURE ABOVE FOR BLEACH & OP COLOURED PAGES

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I pretty much believe Tousen when he says "The path I walk is justice." Does not mean I agree, but I think that he really believes that Aizen being the victor would really bring peace and justice to the world.
    Tiger, Tiger.

Let it be known far and wide
    I cheer for Saint-Etienne from the bottom of my heart

Banned 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe he has some grudge against god so he tamed up with aizen to kill him

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Tousen was one of my favorite captens next to Hitsugayia and the foxy fellow(can't remember his name), I could not beleive that he would join Aizen. Ever since then I have been trying to convince myself that he is not evel he just really beleives that what he is doing is the best way to achive peace and justice. When he say he is blind and there fore He can only see the path of least bloodshed and that he will follow it. I beleive him whole heartedly, Almost to the point where I began thinking that Soulsociety might have some dark secret and in amazing plot twist we wil find out that they are infact evil, Kisuke and Ishiin are the Devil and his advocate, And the Hollows are innocent souls who are being oppresed.
    I know this is very unlikely but I cannot really see another whay how Tousen can still be right and i would rather not consider the possibility that he is wrong. Maybe a little misguided. BUt I am absolutely sure that his principles are sound and that his intentions and convitions are just. there is always the posibility too that he will be the one to help Ichigo in the Hueco Mundo arc. after he finally realizes the truth about Aizen that is...
    Blind dude rocks! click the link to find out why, I dare you
    Spoiler: awesome slashdot(and other) quote(s) show

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Vegetoacs's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Many things need to be considered with Tousen. He's a bit of an enigma given that we dont know the exact nature of the events that caused him to both become a shinigami and become so obsessed with this self rightous interpretations of "justice" that unsurone could infer that he merely hides beneath the banner of justice itself to front the fact that he seeks revenge for the death of his dearly loved friend.

I believe that is the nature of Kaname Tousen.

The major thing that must be taken into consideration regarding tousen is that he has always known Aizen's "True Nature". His every disposition ever shown has always been one of malice in the name of "justice". It could be that maybe he is simply a sombre character, and truely does believe there will be justice in aizen's world. However,that cannot be accuratly judged, given that we don't know Aizen's true intentions. He might simply be seeking almighty power, he might be a megalomanic with insurmountable desire for power. That tousen has always admired these traits, and considered aizen to be a great man is an interesting reflection on his character.

Unless more of his past were revealed,we may never know.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Silhouette's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Shinigamis have commited massacares in the name of justice and balance like killing off the Quincies which is totally f*¢ked up so it wouldn't be surprising if Tousen thought shinigamis' existance must be erased to bring balance to all worlds.
    Any one knows the story of the dead friend whom Tousen become a shinigami to avenge? I think knowing that will help understand Tousen's moral justification
    CLICK SIGNATURE ABOVE FOR BLEACH & OP COLOURED PAGES

Now 20% Cooler 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sahugani's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

one thing i think is definately worth mentioning is that despite the fact that both Tousen and Ichimaru went with Aizen, Ichimaru is never surprised by any of Aizen's actions while it seems Tousen is being toyed with just like Grimmjow and he plays right into it with his rage against Grimmjow.

Also, that rage betrays the "purity" he was talking about when explaining his connection to Wanderweis.

I'm going to make a prediction for the future of this character by the end of this arc. of the 3 traitor captains, Tousen will either be the only one to die or at least he will be defeated and imprisoned by SS. before his defeat though, he will betray the trust of Wanderweis, who will retaliate against him and give our heros the chance to beat him

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member glasskatana's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tousen is called the "unification official" by Grimmjow, so I personally believe that Aizen has told Tousen something like "We will unite the hollows and the shinigami and eliminate the bloodshed in this world" or something along the lines. Tousen sees this as the path of least bloodshed, and thus righteous.

Banned 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by body flicker
    well i think it's something wrong with him...his logic for things dont make sense to me when he was fighting kenpachi talking about how he became a captin in all he was basicly saynig that he did not like zaraki,and zaraki can be quite dense sometimes but even he knew the way tosen was talking he hated him.

but tosen said no it's just hard to forgive you, and the biggest thing is he's always talking about keeping peace and justice... but now he's on the side of evil.

unless he's waiting for the right time to over power azien ??

so what do you guys think of this man......
    well technically hes not on the side of evil aizen and his commrades are doing what they think is right and the shinigami think that stopping aizen his right so in this case niether side is good or evil they're just to groups fighting for thier beliefs

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Kaname Tousen Underestimated?

Yes he has three major flaws but all three have been either been shown to be major strengths or been totally reversed by a later display of actions those three flaws are:

Blindness, strength to that is that he can't be effected by Aizen's Shikai(which is one of the major powers of Aizen so far)

Zanpakuto power,Reversed by later actions, showing that not only is not his own Zanpakuto and we don't know how much that limits him power

His physical power,Reversed by later actions,He disarmed and could of beheaded Grimmjow (and even thought yes it was a sneak attack he was still able to cut a Espada's "steel skin" arm off which Ichigo,who is famous for defeating the only man who reached Captain rank without knowing his Zanpakuto's name,could bearly make a dent in with his mask on and even later couldn't barely mess up the hand of another.) meaning he's gained or had ungodly strength. (yet to be shown if he is actually a vizard or just didn't hold back actually because unlike the kenpachi fight he knew he could do it without any punishment toward himself.)

Another little factor is His relationship skills that he's making as correctly not trusting grimmjow who has become to be known as a traitor in last week's chapter. Seeing Kenpachi as a loose cannon who would betrayed the rules set by Soul Society(even thought we all know it was really Aizen's doing) and the relationships he has made with Sanji and his vice captain which could make there determination waver during the final battle. Then let's not forget the relationships he's making like with Wonderwice,who if matures(because there is a maturing stage) could be a powerful pawn either against Soul society and ichiog's gang or against Aizen

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Omi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Kaname Tousen Underestimated?

I don't think he is underestimated within the Bleach world but he probably is in our view. The thing that bugs me is that he is a spirit yet he is blind. How that works beats me. His techniques however are extremely powerful. I doubt most of our heros would survive what kenpachi went through.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Naelyan's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's kinda hard to determine his true strength since he only fought once, but that's fair to say he fought with his true strength and got his ass wiped out by kenpachi... but then again, kenpachi's quite the monster, so that doesn't make tousen a weakling just for that... I agree that it would be quite a mistake to underestimate him only cause he's blind, since it's been shown it's not bothering him in a fight at all and his attack are made to take advantage of his condition. The only point I disagree about is his zanpakuto, I don't think it weakens him at all... When he picked it up, it became HIS zanpakuto, much in the same way that ichigo took rukia's zanpakuto and it became his power, zangetsu... also, tosen's friend wasn't blind, so for her to have such a bankai wouldn't make any sense... as for him cutting off grimmjow's arm so easily, that's one of the thing that make me think that aizen might already have used hogyoku on gin and tousen... aizen could also have used his ability to prevent grimmjow from seeing the attack... cause I just can't picture tousen being so strong, that'd mean kenpachi's almost on par with top level espada, maybe more... also, about his relationship, the only one potential ally he has that we know of would be wonderweiss... sure he seems to detect untrustworthy people, but in that case, it only serve to make himself more enemies
    Last edited by Naelyan; June 08, 2007 at 12:25 AM.
    With Great Power Comes Great... Evil!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

About the lopping off Grimmjow's arm thing, I always assumed that the Iron Skin was an ability that required some conscious activation, since it is actually named as an 'ability', and Kenpachi has already shown that in order for your spirit energy to repel an attack unconsciously you must have an ungodly amount of power.

And also because I refuse to believe that an unreleased Kaname has stronger spirit energy than Bankai Ichigo. However, I think that Tousen, while yes being underestimated, shouldn't be seen as someone who is extremely all-powerful either. REmember that Kenpachi beat him easily in SOul Society, and while becoming a Vizard (if he has) is indeed a power boost I don't think it could elevate him to a status that could beat Kenpachi.

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member abu_89's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It is possible that Tousen allowed Kenpachi to beat him. After all, he couldn't go around flaunting his true level of skill (and neither could Aizen).

Tousen is powerful and he's not underestimated if he's Aizen's Right-Hand man. If one wants to control the Espada, it has to be done with both cunning and power. Hollows like Grimmjow won't listen to any weaklings and I'm guessing neither will Uliquorra. If those hollows have respect for Tousen, then obviously he's someone powerful.
    Proving 1 = 2 wrong
    Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast