Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
Thread Closed
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: 2006 FIFA WORLD CUP

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WORLD CUP

my personal standpoint... i believe the lip-reader, they have no reason to lie
    matterazi can deny about terrorist and mother as he has reasons.. but i don't think he has any excuse for the sister

Our Bot, who art in IRC, hallowed be thy nick. Thy xdcc come, Thy send be accepted, on our script as it is in normal mIRC. Give us this day our daily manga, and forgive us our leechings. As we forgive n00bs who pestered us a lot. Do not lead us into downtime, but deliver us from Yaoi. AMEN

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Zidane looks like Kano in that Mortal Kombat gif... XD

Anyway, congrats to Italy!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity rykarreolacr's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

Woo hoo thanks GK!
    Kitty Got Wet

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member C4animax's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

For those who want to see some kind of "remake" of all the special headbutt about zidane here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xl0M...%20%2B%20funny .

He'll explain why he did that tonight i think, we'll be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by zindryr
    Uh, insulting the other player is part of soccer. You're trying to get the other person off his game. Materazzi was successful, that is all. Even if that headbutt to the chest from Zidane's bald head hurt like hell.
    Lol yeah start like this and then allow players to punch each others, it might be verbal it's still an agression, leave the verbal stuff to deconcentrate players for the suporters .Player need to show skills nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibichan
    Arent't both players at fault actually? I mean, Materazzi shouldn't have insulted Zizou and Zizou shouldn't have headbutted (is that even a word?) him.
    Well he did start by grabing him near the goalkeeper, well if i'm not misataken (forgot the name of that area), so it could have been a goal for france...so what have been done here is bad for both player because you need two person to make an argument but ou need someone to start it...
    Quote Originally Posted by rykarreolacr
    WTF? Materazzi into trouble? HA HA HA
    That's funny!!! Zidane almost killed him!!!
    It seems that it was an insult about his sister...but personnally if it's about rasism and if it was me at this moment he'd be dead really (you can't understand if you're not mulsim). And yeah he will be in trouble it seems that this incident is getting bigger and bigger....
    My new website, you can upload whatever you want on it : http://www.full-stream.org enjoy. (should be uploading naruto episode on it soon)

Get your naruto wallpapers here at http://meganime.ovh.org that's what all ninjas do anyway and you?

誰も知らない 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Play soccer much? Screw that, play any competitive sport? Just about everyone I've played has had verbal abuse and things between the players. This never turned into anything physical because we all knew it was part of what happens in sports.
    尊皇攘夷
    Ask Zindryr Stuff
    MANga of Taste - Zindryr's Manga Review Blog - last update 07/29/08
    Looking for a professional freelance or permanent position as a JP->EN translator. If you are looking for one, or know a company that is, then please send me an e-mail or PM here.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Play soccer much? Screw that, play any competitive sport? Just about everyone I've played has had verbal abuse and things between the players. This never turned into anything physical because we all knew it was part of what happens in sports.
    And i think that is why the federation of football is about to penalize those two, one for his supberb headbutt one will probably be depending on the insult, i don't play soccer(and obviously know that in this kind of sport you push people,grab them, insult them etc) but i didn't know i had a famous player here, but there is a difference between the game you play and the world cup, and it's not like you were famous and were about to retire after your last match that x millions of people are watching.

Anyway it depends on what the insult was based on, because verbal or not it's the first step before you act phisically on someone.

Edit : sometimes you just can't help but kick someone.

My new website, you can upload whatever you want on it : http://www.full-stream.org enjoy. (should be uploading naruto episode on it soon)

Get your naruto wallpapers here at http://meganime.ovh.org that's what all ninjas do anyway and you?

誰も知らない 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

It's all a matter of getting away with it. Verbal insults are actually something that you can penalize someone over, but since they are harder to catch, they happen all the time and it has become somewhat of an accepted part of the game.

Circumstances also don't matter. Under no circumstance should Zidane have done what he did, it doesn't matter what Materazzi said. It doesn't matter that it was Zidane's last game, nor does it matter how many people were watching or anything.

Not to mention, competitive sports are inherently the same no matter what level you are at in the game, unless you are simply playing for fun. If there is something at stake, you can bet that anything will be said or done to knock another player off his game.
    尊皇攘夷
    Ask Zindryr Stuff
    MANga of Taste - Zindryr's Manga Review Blog - last update 07/29/08
    Looking for a professional freelance or permanent position as a JP->EN translator. If you are looking for one, or know a company that is, then please send me an e-mail or PM here.

Itachi's Hat Maker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted kadoman's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by C4animax
    For those who want to see some kind of "remake" of all the special headbutt about zidane here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xl0M...%20%2B%20funny .
    Mate, thanks for the link! Incredibly funny. Had a laugh at all the other videos too! Like the French take on it!

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

@kadoman: i was watching the game @ SBS in aussie..and the moment Italy scored their last penalty, the commentator said this straight away, "That is it, Italy is the world champion! and now we can say, that the socceroos were beaten by the world champion! or rather, We could've won the tournament!"
    they sure have big ego aren't they
    Our Bot, who art in IRC, hallowed be thy nick. Thy xdcc come, Thy send be accepted, on our script as it is in normal mIRC. Give us this day our daily manga, and forgive us our leechings. As we forgive n00bs who pestered us a lot. Do not lead us into downtime, but deliver us from Yaoi. AMEN

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bibichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karasu
    @kadoman: i was watching the game @ SBS in aussie..and the moment Italy scored their last penalty, the commentator said this straight away, "That is it, Italy is the world champion! and now we can say, that the socceroos were beaten by the world champion! or rather, We could've won the tournament!"
    they sure have big ego aren't they
    Not necessarily. That's been said in Germany, too. But that's just talk trying to appear cheerful after having been defeated. See the positiv side and all, you know?

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

but really... i mean..straight after the moment italy scored?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bibichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah well, no. But my father did. Does that count? <- No need to reply to that question.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Adam_xx's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Pfft...
    After Zidane did that headbutt, I couldn't watch the game anymore..
    I was crying my eyes out, laughing like a madman..

But I think they should both be fined, or something..
    Fair to both parties that way...

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It's all a matter of getting away with it. Verbal insults are actually something that you can penalize someone over, but since they are harder to catch, they happen all the time and it has become somewhat of an accepted part of the game.

Circumstances also don't matter. Under no circumstance should Zidane have done what he did, it doesn't matter what Materazzi said. It doesn't matter that it was Zidane's last game, nor does it matter how many people were watching or anything.

Not to mention, competitive sports are inherently the same no matter what level you are at in the game, unless you are simply playing for fun. If there is something at stake, you can bet that anything will be said or done to knock another player off his game.
    yeah that's the point really, if they could catch sound as well as picture they would penalize verbal agression but saying it's part of the football because noone see you and that you should just get on with it, that's just wrong. Zidane shares both of what we said :
    _Insults are part of this game.
    _When you have an argue you need two people, and there's always someone who starts it, and that personne should be sanctionned as well.

I was taking the fact that if you were a great player, having your last match etc could get you nervous, and it seems that he was ok (what he said) so well i'm not saying anything on it i was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by aDaMz
    Pfft...
    But I think they should both be fined, or something..
    Fair to both parties that way...
    Because it appears to be a huge evenment the federation of football is about to confront those two soon after all materrazzi isn't a great player is he?...zidane agree that he must be sanctionned but materazzi won't go away with it.
    here's the proof :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hbls...arch=materazzi

Quote Originally Posted by Kadoman
    Mate, thanks for the link! Incredibly funny. Had a laugh at all the other videos too! Like the French take on it!
    the last one when he destroys the stars is the funniest in my opinion , look at the video of materazzi. Link above.
    Edit : Some more about zidane : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAKNw...page=4&t=t&f=b personnally i think this is getting boring isn't it?...(exept a few)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

well personaly i t hought that it was funny but the thing though is that the referees didn't c it they needed 2 look on tehreplay screens i didn't really what italy 2 win and i was very dissapointed but still they had a good match and unfortunately zidane will not b remembered asthe athlete he should b known for

Thread Closed
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast