Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 FIFA WORLD CUP

Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WORLD CUP

Mmm... as long as their are no penalties it will be alright

Penalties are the weakness of the dutch team. Van de Sar (goalkeeper of Manchester, looked it up) will definetely save at least one, but it would be a fuckin miracle if we would score 3 out of 5 penalties at the penalty shootout.

The dutch has a reputation in missing penalties

Who here has already bought a shirt of his/her favorite soccer team?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

who said usa was ranked 5th in the world????? i would like to see some papers that supports that? because if thats the case, it mean usa is better then some of the following team, brazil, germany, england, france, italy, spain, portugal, holland, argentina, South korea, croatia. need i go on any more. i personally would put all of these teams before america, no offence to any american supporters but thats just how it is.

@ eileen, what you said about england goalkeeper was totally correct, to think about it england usual lost due to a goal keeper error. but for england stands Gerrod, and golden boy Beckham. who knows what will happen this year round. all i know is we havent the best of keepers but shit happens.and lets not forget england have this year a very strong defence. and a fab midfield.

<br /><br /><br />
    Spoiler: LOL show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member xallisto's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Robinson is the best keeper england have had for quite a while, now that they have got rid of David James Fumble Master.

Theo Walcott anyone?
    And Progress is a debt we all must pay
    its convenience we all cherish its pollution we disdain.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity rykarreolacr's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

These are the FIFA World Rankings for this month (May 2006)

1 Brazil 827
    2 Czech Republic 772
    3 Netherlands 768
    4 Mexico 758
    5 United States
    Spain 756
    7 Portugal 750
    8 France 749
    9 Argentina 746
    10 England 741
    11 Nigeria
    Denmark 736
    13 Italy 728
    14 Turkey 726
    15 Cameroon 722
    16 Sweden 709
    17 Egypt 708
    18 Japan 705
    19 Germany 696
    20 Greece 694
    21 Tunisia 693
    22 Uruguay 689
    23 Iran
    Croatia 686
    25 Romania 685
    26 Costa Rica 683
    27 Colombia 681
    28 Senegal 679
    29 Poland
    South Korea 677
    31 Republic of Ireland 671
    32 Côte d'Ivoire 669
    33 Paraguay 653
    34 Saudi Arabia 651
    35 Switzerland 648
    36 Morocco 646
    37 Russia
    Bulgaria 645
    39 Ecuador 631
    40 Norway 627
    41 Slovakia 613
    42 Honduras
    Australia 612
    44 Serbia and Montenegro 610
    45 Ukraine 609
    46 Jamaica 607
    47 Trinidad and Tobago 604
    48 Ghana 600
    49 Finland
    Israel 599
    Kitty Got Wet

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShgnLW
    I go for my homecountry and my homecountry only:

And we have Ruud van Nistelrooy, Edwin van de Sar (both manchester united I think, could also be Arsenal), Arjan Robben (Chelseau), Marc van Bommel, giovanni van Bronckhorst (Barca), Robin van Persie (english topclub, do not know which), Raphael van de Vaart (HSV), Roy Mackaay (Bayern Munchen, topscorer of the german competition)...

And we have the best coaches. Hiddink was the coach for South-Korea and guess what, he is dutch NOw he is the coach of Australia The coach of Barca is Rijkaard, guess what: DUTCH!! FC Porto, also a dutch trainer (or: had).

We dutch rule at soccer
    Nistelrooij plays for MU and so do Van Der Sar.
    Arjen Robben plays for Chelsea, but he didnt play much this season as he suffered injuries.
    Van Persie plays for Arsenal (also has problem with injuries this season)
    Roy Makaay is an excellent player, but he isn't the top scorer in bundesliga, the top scorer is Miroslav Klose from Bremen (Germany), and Makaay will not play in WC, as the coach prefers Nistelrooij and the youngsters.

rijkaard and hiddink both are good coach, just they weren't lucky enough to be the champion.
    Van Basten was a great player but i doubt he is a good coach, let see how far he can bring his team in this WC.
    I personally like how they play their attacking football, just sometimes they forget how to defence, and they are out of luck (penalties shoot out )

Quote Originally Posted by dula

@ eileen, what you said about england goalkeeper was totally correct, to think about it england usual lost due to a goal keeper error. but for england stands Gerrod, and golden boy Beckham. who knows what will happen this year round. all i know is we havent the best of keepers but shit happens.and lets not forget england have this year a very strong defence. and a fab midfield.
    unfortunately, beckham has passed his prime now, and he has never really played very well for madrid.

english has good team back in 1996, and 2002, but again, they seem not ready to be the champion.
    yes, they have a great team now, but i don't see they can reach semi-final. top 8 is their best for my prediction 

MH's Peacemaker 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Leen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Awww... I forgot about England's midfielders when I posted my earlier post. Lampard and Gerrard are wonderful players. Terry as well. I wont be looking to high on Bechkam though. Never really like this man.

As for Netherlands, they really really are a good team but they always lose. In 1998, they got 4th place. 2002, quarter final?? Cant remember. Until now, I could still remember that penalty shoot out by Jaap Stam. The whole ball just flew up in the air and Netherland lose because of penalties. Also, the best player of Netherlands that I can recall, Johan Cruyff

Itachi's Hat Maker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted kadoman's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

True, true...Becks is not as young or as fit as he used to be. I'm a bit of a Becks sympathiser though, because I've seen what he has done for his country on so many ocassions...I mean, when all the other players are down and out and it's the dying minutes of the game, it's Becks who does a Naruto and never gives up - even when such a game ends in defeat, he never gives up for a second (jesus...did I just mention David Beckham and Naruto in the same sentence?!?!).

Also, he is still the best crosser of a ball in the world. Even now. Don't forget this could be his last (maybe second last) opportunity to lift the cup. I think he'll give it his all.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Amano's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont know if it has been mentioned here already but I shall be very proud to share my thoughts with you:

We still believe, we still believe... we still believe, its coming home, its coming, footballs coming home ... Three lions on the shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming ,No more years of hurt, no more need for dreaming... Its coming home its coming ...

England .... England ... England

Think Like a Genius, Act Like a Fool

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

For those of you who say Brazil have to many individual players: NEVER count those brazilians out! They really know how to dance, and will most likely act united.
    I'm cheering for Sweden, since that's my homecountry. Well we're actually not that bad, I mean when Zlatan is in tip top shape we'll seriously whoop ass ;D
    Edit: I hope I'm not the only one looking forward to see Swe pwn England..

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen
    As for Netherlands, they really really are a  good team but they always lose. In 1998, they got 4th place. 2002, quarter final?? Cant remember. Until now, I could still remember that penalty shoot out by Jaap Stam. The whole ball just flew up in the air and Netherland lose because of penalties. Also, the best player of Netherlands that I can recall, Johan Cruyff
    Netherland:
    Euro 2000 - semifinal (lost from italy from PK Shoot Out)
    WC 2002 - they failed in qualification stage
    Euro 2004 - semi final (knocked out by portugal 1-2)

Quote Originally Posted by Kadoman
    Also, he is still the best crosser of a ball in the world. 
    he still is the best crosser in the world; maybe only recoba alvaro is close to him

Quote Originally Posted by Kickmeister
    I hope I'm not the only one looking forward to see Swe pwn England.. 

yeps, u got me, i dunno but it seems it never easy for england to play sweden 
    i also like sweden, and denmark but they never be lucky enough to participate further

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

well besides rooting for Brazil (my homeland!!!), i'd like to see japan go forward, mostly because of Zico, and they have an ok team. I wanna see if this year argentina and france are going home early again... we are kind of rooting for usa to leave first, well, italy is there and Czech Republic, and they not that bad.

we're going for 6th championship!!!!!
    Ok, ok you win... we&#039;ll go with the blue one...<br />

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shikamaru86
    I wanna see if this year argentina and france are going home early again... we are kind of rooting for usa to leave first, well, italy is there and Czech Republic, and they not that bad.

we're going for 6th championship!!!!!
    yep yep, france and argentina has potential to go home early, including in this group are england, netherland, and spain.
    luckily for germany, it's home for them

brazil has the strongest team now;, but (as for shinobi) in soccer, the most important thing is team work, never forget that

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

well.. i'm supporting the asian team
    go japan! go korea!
    japan will beat brazil... like they always do.... in manga...

i'll go to the pub (I'm in australia) for the Japan vs Australia match wearing the japanese jersey...
    i'll post my dying wills somewhere in MH... look forward to "unidentified corpse tortured by enraged supporters at Jimmy's" headline...
    LOL.....
    Our Bot, who art in IRC, hallowed be thy nick. Thy xdcc come, Thy send be accepted, on our script as it is in normal mIRC. Give us this day our daily manga, and forgive us our leechings. As we forgive n00bs who pestered us a lot. Do not lead us into downtime, but deliver us from Yaoi. AMEN

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bibichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think we (Germany) are going to make it past the preliminaries. Maybe to round before the quarterfinal, but that's the most. But Germany has never failed to surprise everyone. Imo Schweinsteiger might cause some problems. He's been rather rough in the duels the past couple of matches. That could lead to a red-card. I'll probably support Germany, if we get far, but at the moment I support Japan, the Czech Republic and Australia.

Off-topic: I'm probably going to go watch the Japanese team train tomorrow, because they're staying in my home city.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bibichan
    I don't think we (Germany) are going to make it past the preliminaries. Maybe to round before the quarterfinal, but that's the most. But Germany has never failed to surprise everyone. Imo Schweinsteiger might cause some problems. He's been rather rough in the duels the past couple of matches. That could lead to a red-card. I'll probably support Germany, if we get far, but at the moment I support Japan, the Czech Republic and Australia.
    hey, i have great faith in germany, never give up

and i think you have more chance than australia and japan (which one of them will be eliminated in group stage)

anyway, go germany

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast