Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Concept of Time in Bleach

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Concept of Time in Bleach

I see a lot of posts in threads about people predicting that Ulquiorra will resurface soon in this arc. My opinion is that Ulquiorra won't be showing up during the rest of this arc. Remember, Grimmjow said he would find a way out in about 3 hours.

Now, you may not want to believe it, but I don't think 10 minutes past since Ulquiorra was trapped. Since Ulquiorra was trapped, the following happened:

-1. Grimmjow and Ichigo fight and Ichigo wins
    -2. Noitora attacks
    -3. Nell transforms
    -4. Nell fights with Noitora
    -5. Nell reverts back to child form
    -6. Noitora switches with Tesla, Tesla released and attacks and Kenpachi shows up

Now point 1 - This probably took 2 minutes MAX. I mean you saw how many pages those 11 seconds of the Vizard mask took. The fight was just basically fighting, mask and then Ichigo realizing his resolve and winning. If that fight took over 2 minutes, I'd be surprised.

Point 2 - Noitora attacks, talks trash and notices Nell. Doesn't take more than a minute, unless he's talking extremely slow.

Point 3 - Nell transforms: Takes like 30 seconds at most

Point 4 - Nell fights with Noitora - This fight was fast. A couple of zanpakutoh clashes, Nell transforms and attacks Noitora and makes the dominance clear. Not very long

Point 5 - Nell reverts back to child form and Noitora kicks her: 20 seconds?

Point 6 - They switch and up until Kenpachi appears: 1 minute max

Now, I'm not taking into consideration the Syazel fight or the various flashbacks. The Syazel fight is supposed to be going on DURING this fight, so there is no extra time passing. Flashbacks don't take time, they just take up manga chapter pages.

Just because it takes multiple chapters to cover something doesn't mean the time passing in the manga is a lot. In this case, very little time has passed. I predict Kenpachi along with the other SS fighters have come just to recover Ichigo N Pals so they won't be staying long and enjoying the scenery and since they have a good 2 hours and 50 minutes before Ulquiorra even shows up, I think this arc will end before Mr. Schiffer makes a reappearance.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ulquiorra in Negacion and Concept of Time

i think more like 20 minutes has passed but all in all i agree with you. theres no way its been the hours that grimm said he would be in there. i think people are just getting anxious.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member RaZe's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't agree with it being that fast, but it seems like all of that could just fit in an hours timespan.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

What happened to ulquiorra, i don't remember seeing him get trapped =/

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He was trapped by Grimmjow.

@RaZe: Trust me it's been that fast. The only thing there that probably took the longest is Grimmjow vs Ichigo. Noitora vs Nell/Ichigo didn't take long because that was compromised of just a few exchanges and then Tesla took over and Kenpachi showed up.

You think it's been longer because A LOT of chapters have passed since Ulquiorra was trapped, however as I said, the bulk of those chapters have been flashbacks and interruptions from the Szayel fight (which is happening during this fight so that is no extra time)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

we actualli dont noe for sure

1) why didnt inoue heal ichigo after the fight?
    2) was grimmjaw stating ulquiorra taking 2 hours to leave before the release or after?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AngryChubbs's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i would say it has been about half hour at most. just this half hour took like what, 3 months though lol IMO people are just getting anxious

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member _ATMA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus-Tails View Post
    I see a lot of posts in threads about people predicting that Ulquiorra will resurface soon in this arc. My opinion is that Ulquiorra won't be showing up during the rest of this arc. Remember, Grimmjow said he would find a way out in about 3 hours.

Now, you may not want to believe it, but I don't think 10 minutes past since Ulquiorra was trapped. Since Ulquiorra was trapped, the following happened:

-1. Grimmjow and Ichigo fight and Ichigo wins
    -2. Noitora attacks
    -3. Nell transforms
    -4. Nell fights with Noitora
    -5. Nell reverts back to child form
    -6. Noitora switches with Tesla, Tesla released and attacks and Kenpachi shows up

Now point 1 - This probably took 2 minutes MAX. I mean you saw how many pages those 11 seconds of the Vizard mask took. The fight was just basically fighting, mask and then Ichigo realizing his resolve and winning. If that fight took over 2 minutes, I'd be surprised.

Point 2 - Noitora attacks, talks trash and notices Nell. Doesn't take more than a minute, unless he's talking extremely slow.

Point 3 - Nell transforms: Takes like 30 seconds at most

Point 4 - Nell fights with Noitora - This fight was fast. A couple of zanpakutoh clashes, Nell transforms and attacks Noitora and makes the dominance clear. Not very long

Point 5 - Nell reverts back to child form and Noitora kicks her: 20 seconds?

Point 6 - They switch and up until Kenpachi appears: 1 minute max

Now, I'm not taking into consideration the Syazel fight or the various flashbacks. The Syazel fight is supposed to be going on DURING this fight, so there is no extra time passing. Flashbacks don't take time, they just take up manga chapter pages.

Just because it takes multiple chapters to cover something doesn't mean the time passing in the manga is a lot. In this case, very little time has passed. I predict Kenpachi along with the other SS fighters have come just to recover Ichigo N Pals so they won't be staying long and enjoying the scenery and since they have a good 2 hours and 50 minutes before Ulquiorra even shows up, I think this arc will end before Mr. Schiffer makes a reappearance.
    ummm hasnt ichigo got past the 11 second mark? or at least he can quickly repair the mask now i thought if it starts to break making him able to go on much longer then 11 seconds?
    If Nissan Motorsports is NISMO, does that make Honda Motorsports HOMO?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think its only been 10 minutes. Going by what you listed, that is too much going on in ten minutes. Really, what might appear to us as a minute passing in their time , may be actually be two minutes or thirty seconds, so really there is no definitive way to even guess how much time how passed since Ulquiorra got trapped.

But whether or not he even appears again in this arc, I don't know. In some ways I could see him returning and some ways I don't see him coming back yet for this arc. It really all depends how long Captain Zaraki gets preoccupied with the Espada. While he may only be there to save them, that doesn't mean the other Espada are going to let them waltz out of there. And Halibel is still watching the fight as far as we know. And who is to say the other Espada(3-1) won't jump in? And Zaraki loves to fight, so he might get carried away and will stay a little longer than what he needs too.
    Last edited by KyleUchiha; November 01, 2007 at 01:21 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member radical3113's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i think it has been as quick as speculated bcoz these guys fights are lightning fast the only thing that slows them down it the speech. i thinks its been between 10 and 25mins MAX think about it noitara's not gonna stand around for an hour waiting to kill ichigo or nell.

plus i think that th syazel figth has been going on simultaneously so it dosent add to the time
    Who the Tobi am I?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

remember dbz?

goku vs freeza like 10 eps for 5 mins

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member matrice's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I was looking forward for Ulquiorra's return, but after reading all this I have really reconsidered my former position. Well, I really don't think that it all took ten minutes: during this time Syazel even got away and changed his clothes, plus on that side we have had a lot o fchit chat and planning. Sure, it didn't took three hours: this is just our perception since it took so many chapters, but I guess that half an hour should be a right amoun of time. Even if Grimmjow vs Ichigo's fight wasn't so long as one would think at first, I surely took more than ten minutes just to make Ichigo go inn hollow form... We have had the grand rey cero, then Ichigo went "vaizard" and they fought a bit, then Grimmjow attacked Orihime and then released... A little fight and then he realized thta he was going to lose and tryed his ultimate tecnique, then he was defeated and Noitora came and kicked their asses and Nell transformade and owned Noitora and the he countered, she released, he lost, then he turned in her child form, Noitora kicked Ichigo (who is always in the way) and Tesla released and kicked his ass a bit, but then Zaracki came and stopped him... Well, to me it seems a lot of thing, not something that can be done in just ten minutes. No, i think that it was between half an hour and a hour.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gfire2 View Post
    remember dbz?

goku vs freeza like 10 eps for 5 mins
    Actually, I believe at some point later on in the fight, Freiza mentioned that "the planet should have blown by now" so that implies that it was at least more than 5 minutes. I'm not saying it lasted 15 or 20 minutes but I believe it did last more than 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by matrice View Post
    Well, I was looking forward for Ulquiorra's return, but after reading all this I have really reconsidered my former position. Well, I really don't think that it all took ten minutes: during this time Syazel even got away and changed his clothes, plus on that side we have had a lot o fchit chat and planning. Sure, it didn't took three hours: this is just our perception since it took so many chapters, but I guess that half an hour should be a right amoun of time. Even if Grimmjow vs Ichigo's fight wasn't so long as one would think at first, I surely took more than ten minutes just to make Ichigo go inn hollow form... We have had the grand rey cero, then Ichigo went "vaizard" and they fought a bit, then Grimmjow attacked Orihime and then released... A little fight and then he realized thta he was going to lose and tryed his ultimate tecnique, then he was defeated and Noitora came and kicked their asses and Nell transformade and owned Noitora and the he countered, she released, he lost, then he turned in her child form, Noitora kicked Ichigo (who is always in the way) and Tesla released and kicked his ass a bit, but then Zaracki came and stopped him... Well, to me it seems a lot of thing, not something that can be done in just ten minutes. No, i think that it was between half an hour and a hour.
    Exactly, just all what happens on Ichigo's side of the battle, that is quite a lot to be fit in only ten minutes. But I'm not suggesting it is a very long time, but ten minutes just seems too short. While I don't think it was an hour(I could be wrong), 30 minutes seems about right.

So that is still at a lot of time left, maybe 2 and half hours until Ulquiorra could return. Though I suppose it is possible that Ulquiorra could return before that. I doubt Grimmjow does this thing all of the time, so he might be wrong on how long it takes Ulquiorra to get out of there. He might get there sooner than expected.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Quartz-pebble's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say about 20-30 minutes.

EDIT:....And on a whole, this entire arc has probably only been about an hour or two long, I'd say.
    ~Mineral & Rock Collector~

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Revolation's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Total length of Bleach's story line

Bleach has been going on for like what 8 years, but in the story it's only been a couple of months. I wonder how long they have been in hueco mundo. it doesn't even seem like it's been a while. the story of bleach has only been going on for a little while. in other words, bleach will probrably never see a timeskip anytime soon

pre ss arc: 3-4 months at most
    urahara trainig: 1 week
    ss arc: 2-3 weeks? or a month(i forgot yoruichi's calender thing she showed)
    arrancar arc:?
    vaizard training: a month
    huco mundo/fkkt arc:?

not to mention ichigo got bankai in 3 days, even if it's probrably incomplete. it goes to show how fast ichigo leveled up.

(previously this thread got moved into another thread about ulqiuorra escaping from grimjow's trap way back from 2007 made by a banned member which confused me really. so i just made it again. must had been either a mistake or a overgeneralization )
    Bleach 354-356 spoiler and chapter discussions. Most hilarious ones ever. How hueco mundo and The Lust arc killed "ichihime"
    Spoiler: What happened with Nel and Kenpachi after Ichigo went to Ulqiorra(vol 39 sketches) show

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast