Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member manu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

Also they plan on doing this for the very least a year and a half. Maybe forever >_> I mean it practically makes it unreadable. They killed Spiderman in the Marvel U, I'm not even sure if he's an Avenger (doubt it) and his identity is now no longer public knowledge and is it me or is he back in high school/college? A very sad day for spidey fans to know that Marvel doesn't think anyone should grow up. I cant even tell if thats Gwen Stacy or Felicia Hardy... but seems like Harry Osborn is brought back to life. Only silver lining in this dark cloud is that the Avenger: Initiative writer seems to be writing and they got some good artists. So lets hear it for Ultimate Spidey 2.0

I like to rant.

Oh and new Captain America which we all knew who it was has finally decided to become one. Daredevil is getting very sick (in a good way) and Thor gets a really awesome group of villians. Oh and Ultimate Spiderman is still the best.

Ok I know it hasn't been scanned yet but I bought the comic and I must say Avengers: Initiative has gone really crazy once more.
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by manu; December 29, 2007 at 12:30 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wrstljr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://comics.ign.com/articles/843/843196p1.html

I found that a satisfying article to read

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Ichimaru Gin n Tonic's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... looks like a lot of Spider-fans are sick from reading OMD. I don't know about you guys, but don't you think by "retconning" Pete's life means that they're rearranging the whole Marvel U? Or is this just another test for Pete and MJ's relationship. Why can't they just let the wallcrawler be happy?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member jim mayniam's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

that's exactly what they are doing, ichi...i just don't see how they can explain away all the ripples in continuity this creates...

IMO, it was the biggest mistake that joe Q has made as E-I-C...

i don't know the rules here regarding mentioning other sites, but there is a very interesting article on newsarama about it...
    in a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act- george orwell

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Ichimaru Gin n Tonic's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's the article, passed on to me by GK:
    http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=141756

There's only one cure for what happened in the current Marvel U, get Scarlet Witch to reverse her spell, like "Reverse everything to the 20th somthing page of House of M #6".

Oh, almost forget something. Then get Wolverine to pop one, or six, of his claws to her skull.
    Last edited by Ichimaru Gin n Tonic; January 03, 2008 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm gonna solve it by not buying any spidey books for a while...there are some other books coming out that i want to give a shot, so its win/win for me...
    in a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act- george orwell

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjN0ThpswRc

Sort of pretty much sums fans' reaction to OMD up, huh?

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member manu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Whats sad is that last week was a really good week of comics too...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lohnt's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea Spidey would have been better off being hit by that sniper bullet at this point.

I'd rather see a spinoff series to Initiative about the Michaels being Spiderman than Pete the way things have turned out.

I mean damn.. they even ended Deadpool comics =(

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm You know, You can bash me or whatever, but I read a review of this OMD ending(!?), and I somewhat like it. Probably, if I would knew what was currently in SPidey books, I would have differnet opinion, but right now I look at it at positive way:
    - it gives back good old foes <if any died>
    - it gives knew choices <Harry..>
    - and one thing: Peter and Mary know, what they done, right? If so, it's quite interesting to see what wil be the outcome of his "knowledge".. his personal, and spidey's xD

But one thing it pathetic: Peter and Mary Jane are no longer a pair.. at it's really sad. I like this couple, and the outcome of this is terrible.

In my objective thinking way: the end of it seems good.
    In my fan way: sad ending because of the couple P and M : (
    And I agree - if time travels back, than what will Marvel do with other things? :x

btw. But remembr, I'm not reading Spidey books right now, and will not for couple of months, so it's rather my "stupid" thinking of that, without reading it <but I wanted to write it anyway >
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lohnt View Post
    Yea Spidey would have been better off being hit by that sniper bullet at this point.

I'd rather see a spinoff series to Initiative about the Michaels being Spiderman than Pete the way things have turned out.

I mean damn.. they even ended Deadpool comics =(
    IIRC, deadpool has a six parter coming up in wolverine orgins, so at least you have that.
    Last edited by jim mayniam; January 04, 2008 at 10:13 AM. Reason: clarity

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I saw the origins cameo, but still =p

To be perfectly honest, I've always liked Gwen better than MJ, I was actually happy that in the movie they gave a possibility for that relationship to happen if there is a sequal that remains cannon to the previous.

The fact of the matter is, you're reversing decades of character development by going back in time. Not simply that, it was OOC of Pete and MJ to break up the way they did. I would have preffered if Pete cheated on MJ after Black Cat drugs him and becomes pregnant with his child or something far more bizarre and soap opera'ish rather than simply "Memphisto's not loved and he wants to get into MJ's pants."

Anyway, as for Harry being back, bleh. I was perfectly content with the promise of "NEW" villains and bold new paths for Spidey, I didn't want a retcon of his story and as one review put it "Ultimate Spiderman 2.0"

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm actually not really disappointed/angry/etc about OMD. Don't kill me, but I think I already said it here - I think the Spider-Man universe and continuity was already screwed after the Clone Saga. For me, the Spider-Man I grew up reading about, he pretty much was done after the death of Aunt May in ASM #400 (which was retconned BTW, ugh )

Marvel continuity is getting as bad as DC continuity used to be, whereas DC is actually getting better, thanks to Geoff Johns' writing. It's pretty odd to see right now. Also, DC doesn't use a lame excuse to explain away the Crisis by saying it's all due to "magic! solves everything!" XD

Just read Thor #5

Spoiler show

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea, Marvel inevitably always F@#$'s up a good comic line somehow, in Thor's case, it was Loki, in what I would call the best new series since Thunderbolts (whose fault was killing off Bullseye).

Umm, aside from that, Hulk 1 was... .... Rick Jones? Really? blergh I dunno, can't judge it fairly based on one issue. Also a gun?? bleh. It's a shame ___ died though.

Nova confuzzles me much.

Mighty Avengers was ok.. JUST ok though, I never had much faith in the comic, and it let me down as I expected.

I'm patiently waiting for the next X-men chapter, IGN gave it a mixed review so.. I dunno, the cover shows Prof X and Cable having teamed up, which... doesn't really excite me.

Oh, also, Spidey was well written, but I still feel like it's weird. Pete's personality isn't what it is portrayed to be. I mean he always lets loose as Spiderman, Peter Parker is meant to be tame/a nice guy,not the guy that takes care of himself, and F whoever gets in his way. I mean... "I'm gonna finally be a hero, take him down myself" What is he Punisher now???
    Last edited by Lohnt; January 10, 2008 at 04:54 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast