Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity The Boff's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Nuts Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Ichimaru Gin n Tonic View Post
    That's right, Boff. Cap's assassination marks the "ending" of Civil War but it happened after the fighting is over. And I agree about you should be reading Captain America's book. It's a great title.
    nah i dont think ill be picking that up anytime soon.
    the reason that i read CW and WWH was cause they marked great events that affected the whole marvel world and kinda felt like a series in its own right with a beginning and an end. and thats the thing it had an end. and i like the endings so i dont want that to get ruined by reading on and then have new writers come in and screw up stuff that i liked.
    cause that happens when you have so many minds on the same stuff. writer A make thing A happen, then Writer B didnt like that so changes it with thing B so that now thing A never happened.... i dont like stuff like that..

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzair View Post
    Ooohhh >_< Sorry for confusing you, Boffer ^_^; Should've known you downloaded the pact.
    no worries Dizzy

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member manu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

Well I know this is a Marvel thread but then you should read some Image or Vertigo comics. Y the Last Man has just ended its 5 year run and its consistently good. Heck its from the mastermind of Runaways so you know its good.

Oh and I think New Avengers Spiderman is a skrull, only way to explain his disappearance from the team after OMD.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Dragonzair's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well now that's a depressing thought. But it makes total sense, since he still seems normal. Which is ironic, considering we think he's a Skrull. GAH. I can't believe I'm preferring Skrull Peter to...canon Peter? Sucks that we don't know what's canon anymore...

So.

New Avengers this week was...

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Dragonzair; February 14, 2008 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional."

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Leinil is doing secret invasion.

A little off topic of comics... kinda. Right now Marvel is going legal on a lot of websites, this is the only place I can get my Marvel fix currently and boy am I grateful.

On to comics again, Spidey seems to be having fun. Not buying it but good for him. Punisher is hilarious, but the series may suffer from continuity real quickly if he keeps revisiting people. Personally i don't mind tho i guess. Oh and wolverine is doing a lot of killing lately.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought they already started geting legal a month or so back? Or...is this a new one?

Technically, they can't touch us since we're a manga site, and yah.

But yeeeeees! LEINIL!!!!! <3

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well they are hunting down sites. So if they find Mangahelpers little corner of American Comics they will send a Cease and Desist letter to Admins. So... yeah I used to have 2 other comic sites and now they are DC and co. only.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

We actually might have to do something eventually because it might not be too long before Marvel hits this site as well. We've been fortunate thus so far but... well, better to avoid attention ahead of time than to draw it before it's too late.

The mod team is talking about our options at the moment.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

nothing bad happens until their first warning >_>

And Secret Invasion is coming soon, like in two months!

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, we're just going to let the section stay. We were considering a private membership for over 100 posts and things like that but in the end probably too much trouble, so I guess we'll just have to hope that warning never comes.

And yeah, the Secret Invasion... I saw the poster of all the superheroes with the green chins
    Last edited by Gold Knight; February 18, 2008 at 05:02 AM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity The Boff's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont see the problem, this site isnt hosting any chapters. so what could they do?
    as long as nothing is on MH servers then MH hasnt done anything wrong am i right?
    the only thing here is links to filehostingsites. and thats not illegal, is it?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well considering Marvel has a legal team and we don't, it'd be hard to make that claim to them. Also whenever Marvel finds the website they usually end up killing all the links by reporting them so what would most likely happen is that all the files we have would die and they would tell us not to put up any more.

Anyways, anyone read Ultimate Iron Man? Orson Scott Card knows how to write a good comic book. I love the guys work in Enders Game but was not sure if he knew the funny pages well enough but boy does this guy know how to write sci-fi. Sad part is he always does mini-series. I hope one day Marvel gets him to do a monthly...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG!

So who;s heard the news about Gambit and Deadpool being in the Wolverine movie!

Eeeeek. I hope they choose the perfect actors. XD

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ganner_Rhysode's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, I'm kinda new in this part of the forum, but not to the whole forum, exactly ;-P

First: Gambit AND Deadpool in Wolverine?! WTF? Only heard rumors about Gambit...

And Second:
    Concerning the whole killing-off Marvel-distribution-sites; why shouldn't the mods make a private part of the forum? I mean, we aren't too many American-Comics-Readers, so far and it wouldn't be too much of a problem (or so I hope).
    Since Kaskus is down you're like my last source for that kinda comics. I only found some restriced-forums where you need recommendation to join, which I simply don't get, cause... well... I don't know anybody there a.s.o. <.<
    So it would really ruin a big part of my life, if MH also vanishes into oblivion (well, the AC-part at least XP).

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wrstljr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else kind of sick of Marvel's line right now...After Annihilation everything has just seemed to dissappoint in my eyes. WWH, Messiash Complex, The strategic raping of Peter Parker's soul, The Ultimates 3 and Ultimate X-Men is especially bad right now too. I don't know...Now that Deadpools gone where am I to go for goodness in marvel. Perhaps this is a bit over the top but what the hell marvel...I'm sick of the hype. Try not copping out of a storyline and start explaining things and making characters make rational decisions.

Be more like Green Lantern I guess is what I'm trying to say...I hate to give DC the upper hand but I've just really been turned off by Marvel lately. Anyone agree?

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manu View Post
    Well considering Marvel has a legal team and we don't, it'd be hard to make that claim to them. Also whenever Marvel finds the website they usually end up killing all the links by reporting them so what would most likely happen is that all the files we have would die and they would tell us not to put up any more.
    Which is exactly what happened. Sorry guys

New Reply
Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast