Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 589 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member manu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

._.

;_;

T-T

T__T

damn skrulls inflitrating our internet. Its all apart of their secret invasion...

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, damn Skrulls.

Actually, lawyers are worse. Threatened to sue us for tens of millions of dollars. Not much you can say to that. It's too bad though, Marvel is pretty much killing their own popularity in other parts of the world by doing this, by denying internet access to their comics so vehemently.

Hopefully Shueisha and Viz never get that attitude about their own stuff.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Dragonzair's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Good God, that much?! For crying out loud! They get enough money as it is! All I want is to enjoy my comics when I know there isn't a store here that freakin' sells what I frikkin' want!

*is in a bad mood, so jsut ignore me for now*

And the online comics they prominently promised us? PUH-LEASE. I love Marvel, and I would never EVER even dare compare them with any other comic company, but seriously. What the fuck have they offered us thus far? One or two important issues. YAY.

AGH.

It'd be a hella easier to believe they were Skrulls T_________T

*sigh*

My only good thing for this week was that Maria Hill was featured soooo wonderfully this week in two particular issues. <3

Although, I am glad that I moved here to Canada. Otherwise, you have no idea how depressed I'd be back in the Middle East without my fix.

YOU HEAR THAT, MARVEL? YOU. KILLED. ME. WHILE. I. LIVED. IN. HELL. I didn't think that was even possible. And people wonder why I still love you.

*stops rambling and ranting*

And to get back into discussion, Runaways is BACK, heck yeah

"Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional."

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not so much that they'd actually want the money, it's just that they know the threat is enough to get us to stop doing it. That's all they're doing.

In a way I can't really blame them, because Marvel did go bankrupt once, and American comics are nowhere as hot-selling as manga is in Japan... and now, I think manga is even selling more than American comics in America as well

So bleh, they're just protecting their interests. The only thing that they don't understand is that more exposure of their comics, helped by the internet, would actually help them have more of an international fanbase... but they'll probably never have it now because of all the stupid restrictions they impose.

Just get rid of Joe Q, baby! Problem solved.

That's cool about Runaways. I still want Thor more than anything else

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity The Boff's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the same as the movie business.. instead of looking at the problem and try to find a solution so they could benefit from it they scream:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! take it down! call the lawyers!!!! hates the interwebs!!!!

i think it's called short-sightedness....?

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member manu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight View Post
    The only thing that they don't understand is that more exposure of their comics, helped by the internet, would actually help them have more of an international fanbase... but they'll probably never have it now because of all the stupid restrictions they impose.
    Exactly, look at Naruto. A great manga that grew an anime that despite spoiling everything actually makes people want to read the books.

Quote Quote:
    Just get rid of Joe Q, baby! Problem solved.
    How did he get the job? Writers should boss writers, artists should stick to the art.

Y'know... I believe that if Marvel honestly wanted book sales, BACK OFF THE MOVIES AND GO BACK TO CARTOONS! For every hit (Spiderman, X-men, Daredevil) there is a miss (Punisher, Electra, Spiderman 3) If Marvel wants to promote book sales it needs the infamous Adult Swim. Look at Family Guy, that show was as good as dead. It got the Adult Swim treatment, had DVD sales by appealing to its market. If Civil War or WWH were to make movie specials or Runaways spurned its own animation the book sales would sky rocket. Stop targeting the kids Marvel, they wont support you.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wrstljr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree completely! And a Runaways show would be awesome in every way though I doubt it ever happens. The Joe Q era will be forever remembered as the most hyped and least delivering storylines of all time. And how could you forget how awesome the Ghost Rider movie was...I mean come on Nicolas Cage at his best (which is the same thing as his worst really...because he has not talent whatsoever)

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually I think Cage's pretty OK in a number of movies (though he should have done more crazy/eccentric roles), but GR had a lot of pretty silly lines that made you groan. And I was a big Ghost Rider fan... well, at least they made him look decent in the movie. They probably should have just gone with the Ketch GR all the way though instead of Johnny Blaze.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wrstljr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy Con-Air...and thats almost all John Malkovitch and Steve Buscemi haha.

And thats only like a saturday on TNT movie...Nicolas Cage is just on that list of actors I can't really stand you know? Tom Cruise also...everybody has certain people they find unwatchable haha...

How would you rate the Blade movies among Marvels?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lelo's Avatar
    Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

are you kidding me, I didnt even think there was an DC or Marvel threads. Im not really up too date but I love DC and Marvel. Superman and the Flash are my fav. I try to read the comics as much as I can but lately ive been caught up in Manga. I only watch Smallville every week and Im into the movies but thats about it. Hopefully I could learn a thing or two by reading everyones posts.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ganner_Rhysode's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy crap, now I'm really kinda lost... Where the hell am I getting my weekly comic-infusion, now? .__.

And well, the whole comic-movie-thing is really getting outta hand. For some years, now, seriously.
    But Punisher was great, imo. Still I'm eagerly awaiting the new Hulk movie (most 'cause I like Norton very much as an actor), but besides that... Hm, maybe the X-Men Origins: Wolverine-Movie.

Con-Air was such a great movie, I still watch it everytime it aires on television. (It's a weird kinda thing, I HATE Nicholas Cage as an actor, he really isn't even worth sh**, but I love the movies Con-Air and The Rock - in which he's both acting in a vital, mainact.)

But yeah... What now? I'm lost...

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wrstljr View Post
    How would you rate the Blade movies among Marvels?
    The first movie was brilliant, but the sequels fall short IMO. Some people say they liked the second movie best though, but I didn't. But I'd probably put the first move in the top elite of Marvel movies so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelo View Post
    are you kidding me, I didnt even think there was an DC or Marvel threads. Im not really up too date but I love DC and Marvel. Superman and the Flash are my fav. I try to read the comics as much as I can but lately ive been caught up in Manga. I only watch Smallville every week and Im into the movies but thats about it. Hopefully I could learn a thing or two by reading everyones posts.
    Welcome here. Good to have another fan here

Yeah, if you have any questions to ask I'm pretty sure one of us will be able to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganner_Rhysode View Post
    Holy crap, now I'm really kinda lost... Where the hell am I getting my weekly comic-infusion, now? .__.
    Not here anymore.

Quote Quote:
    And well, the whole comic-movie-thing is really getting outta hand. For some years, now, seriously.
    But Punisher was great, imo. Still I'm eagerly awaiting the new Hulk movie (most 'cause I like Norton very much as an actor), but besides that... Hm, maybe the X-Men Origins: Wolverine-Movie.
    You actually liked the Punisher movie? XD It's so funny, it seems like everybody has pretty different opinions as far as which recent Marvel movies they've liked.

I actually now like the first Punisher movie back in the 80's better than the more recent one though, because it had great lines. Like this:

Quote Quote:
    Jake: What the f*** do you call 125 murders in 5 years?
    The Punisher: Work in progress.
    Quote Quote:
    Con-Air was such a great movie, I still watch it everytime it aires on television. (It's a weird kinda thing, I HATE Nicholas Cage as an actor, he really isn't even worth sh**, but I love the movies Con-Air and The Rock - in which he's both acting in a vital, mainact.)

But yeah... What now? I'm lost...
    Yep, The Rock is one of my favorite movies.

Torrents. That's the only way now... unless you find another fountain out there But if you do, you can't repeat the link here.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity The Boff's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

regarding marvel movies.

so am I the only super hyped about IronMan and the new Hulk movie?
    cause i hope oh how i hope that they will both kick ass. especially Hulk, cause the first one was a wee bit too philosophical for a Hulk movie.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

No you aren't. I'm also super hyped about Iron Man (and you know DZ is too.) Even Ichi, a self-admitted Tony Stark hater, is looking forward to Iron Man. All the trailers look amazing on that one.

And they made the right decision to do it all over with the Hulk. I'm hoping for a better movie this time.

They're also talking about doing the Thor too. I'm trying to stay positive about that one, I want a good movie about Norse Gods in modern times

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lelo's Avatar
    Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I cant wait for Iron Man movie too. At first I thought Robby Downy jr was kinda wierd for the part but after the trailers I was pretty amazed.

Also, I kinda liked the Hulk. Probably cause I love Jennifer Connely, but the fight scenes were pretty good too. Can't wait to see the new Hulks trailer. When do u think we will see the trailer

New Reply
Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast