Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member manu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

When did we as comic fans allow Wolverine to grow up. He is being represented as tall, well with Hollywood I can understand but not in any animated cartoons. It just looks wrong: http://www.superheroes-r-us.com/inde...-cartoon-news/

Oh and Iron Man gets his own show too. Normally I guess I wouldn't be excited but with the amounts of fun I have had with The Batman and Spectacular Spiderman, not to mention past animated hits like Batman Beyond, Teen Titans and classic animations like the Justice League, 90s Batman, 90s Spiderman... the list really goes on with great superhero cartoons.

Oh boy had to add more, Marvel announces their movie release schedule. As we know Hulk in July and Punisher in September. Wolverine comes out in May 2009 which is all old news. What is new is that Iron Man 2 comes out April 30th 2010 and Thor out June 4th 2010. May 6th 2011 will see the movie First Avenger: Captain America and July 2011 is going to be the release of The Avengers. Antman is still planned with its writer but I haven't heard much about the Magneto movie lately.

Outside of today's press release I'd like to talk about some other marvel movies, Luke Cage is listed on IMBD with Tyrese Gibson as Luke himself. Directer John Singleton, Writer Ben Ramsey and Release Date 2009. Weirdly enough Dr. Strange is on IMBD but I imagine that movie is being delayed as no rumblings about it have been on the web much recently.
    Last edited by manu; May 06, 2008 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wrstljr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ladies and Gentlemen I would just like to notify you that the most hilarious page/panel of all time has recently been drawn in X-factor: The Quick and the Dead.

Page 20, tell me that isnt the best thing you've ever seen in comics haha.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lohnt's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Running with dolphins scene?

The scheduling makes me happy, although I'm dissapointed to see the classic avengers cast.. I'd rather have the Marvel Adventures cast (with wolvie + spidey) but w/e

The Thor movie scares me.. I have no worries about the rest of the heroes, but Thor is VERY hard to pull off.. and unless they do it modern it won't really work with the avengers movie...

A Luke Cage movie should have Iron fist, otherwise it should not be done, I"m sorry. Buddy Flick or no go, it will make less than Punisher otherwise.

By the way, nothing beats Spiderman 2. I thought Iron Man was better than Spiderman 1/3 + X-men because it was absolutely true to his character and spirit. Tony Stark being egotistical and doing what he did at the end of the movie is SOOOO freaking true. Plus "I'm not having a drink, Tony I'm NOT having a drink... you. you know what I like about mornings *attendants dance on stripper poles*" That right there made me laugh so hard.. it reminded me a little of my own nights out, except no private jet =(

Ok, back to comics.. Secret Invasion's main title is really really crappy.. in my opinion. I'm not enjoying it at all. I'm LOVING New and Mighty, but Secret is just... more and more unbearably underwhelming, I acually feel like WWH was 10x better.. which is retarded.

On the other hand, thankfully Young Avengers showed up, and Runaways will next issue, Fury in Issue 4, and Cap and Thor are coming so... things could look up, hopefully..
    Last edited by Lohnt; May 10, 2008 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Dragonzair's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

EWWWW.

Why is Emma Frost in the cast of Wolverine and the X Men? D:

*grumbles and mumbles*

And just a warning, for I am watching Iron Man today. Once I get back, I may be all too dazed with the film, and many of you might not be able to comprehend a word I said. Maybe. Depending on how ecstatic I am. But WHATEVER. You all know I'm insane, so hey-I CAN'T WAIIIIIT! I'm watching it with my dad (who's also a comic fan, just not as much as I am) and dragging along my poor brother, who probably doesn't really care.

Do you know how sucky that would be? D: I have no one to spaz with, especially the ending credits. Meh. I did the same with the other comic films. I kept blabbering like a loony during the movie, and my brother would whack me across the face.

Anyhow. I'm spamming, so here's some comic reactioonnnns:

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. MARIA HILL IS GETTING MORE BLOODY AWESOME. In Iron Man, at least. The main title, not the new one. Invincible was okay, I guess. But the fact that it's set somewhere around after Civil War slightly irks me. And knowing that Dugan is a you-know-what makes me want him out of the picture as soon as possible right now =_=

And...is it me but is Salvador Larroca's stuff starting to mirror Greg Horn and Greg Land's stuff? >.> Especially Pepper looking like Nicole Kidman. That was fucked >.>

I'm so GLAD that the 60s group in SI were Skrulls. Well, apparently, not all of them but yeah. Although, their story's still sketchy, and that makes it so cool!

Mighty Avengers was cooool I'm honestly glad Daisy Johnson's back, and hah! Ares' son. 8D The art was meh, and the last panel was dreadful. I don't think people should react like that to what Fury said. I mean, what's so damn mind-blowing about being asked if you knew what Skrulls were?!

Now, if he had stated there was an invasion, yes. But it was a questiiooooon! Nothing jaw-droppnig about it.

Then again, their reactions may be towards the fact that they're supposed to follow him. Anyhow.

YOUNG AVENGERS.

THEY'D BETTER NOT DIE.

And where'd you hear about the Runaways appearing in the next issue?! ZOMG. THANK YOU. That's fantastic news!

And am I the only one extremely happy about Ryan Reynolds being Deadpool? Isn't that great casting? XD

"Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional."

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ryan Reynolds is about the only acceptable choice for Deadpool IMHO...and they better make him all ugly and have some sort of strange speech or I might throw things at the screen haha.

And yes the running with the dolphins scene was just about the best thing I've ever seen. I normally dont LOL when reading comics (unless it's Gintama...which by all accounts is funny in every way) but that picture killed me. It's like the writer and the artist hated the character enough to give him one panel of complete and utter fail.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

GAH.

TEN RINGS?

S.H.I.E.L.D.?!

WAR MAACHIIIIIINNNNNNNNE?!

I honestly had to stop myself from flying towards the screen when Rhodey headed towards the armour! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEH. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH.

It also helps so much that the casting for Tony was PERFECT. Downey Junior was so fucking HOT. Excuse my French. And the ending credits really is AWESOME.

Heeh, satisfaction here on my part. Oh, and Pepper and Hogan better hook up in the sequels. Jon Favreau must be so happy (lol).

Aaaahhh. I'm definitely buying the DVD. If I had the money, I'd watch it again.

LOL. Who read this month's Mini Marvels? So much fun XD
    Last edited by Dragonzair; May 10, 2008 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you find Mini Marvels? I'm collecting Secret Invasion, Mighty Avengers that include Nick Fury (Sentry issue can gtfo) Avengers Initiative, and the occasional Astonishing X-men but I never seem to find Mini Marvels. Except maybe in the back of Marvel Adventure books at the grocery market.

Oh and Mockingbird is a skrull, the issue of New Avengers proves that the clones have all the knowledge of the original so while Hawkeye thinks she's real obviously she isn't. Oh and I love the Luke/Power Man interactions. Made me lol way too hard...
    Last edited by manu; May 10, 2008 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Marvel Adventures.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah New avengers was just vague enough to leave a lot of plot holes open.

From what I understand the Skrulls are effectively human in every way (brain pattern, musculature all that goodness) until the moment they become a skrull...and thats how they are undectectable.

Right or wrong?

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzair View Post
    EWWWW.

Why is Emma Frost in the cast of Wolverine and the X Men? D:
    ---------------
    *grumbles and mumbles*
    I don't think people should react like that to what Fury said. I mean, what's so damn mind-blowing about being asked if you knew what Skrulls were?!

Now, if he had stated there was an invasion, yes. But it was a questiiooooon! Nothing jaw-droppnig about it.
    ---------------
    And where'd you hear about the Runaways appearing in the next issue?! ZOMG. THANK YOU. That's fantastic news!
    ---------------
    And am I the only one extremely happy about Ryan Reynolds being Deadpool? Isn't that great casting? XD
    I'm happy Emma is in Wolverine, because I imagine they'll have a scene of her and Scott, to which Logan will get pissed to show how Scott disrespects the memory of Jean.
    ------
    If you follow the panels, they're reacting to Fury revealing who he really is, not to the skrulls, at least that's how I understood it.
    -----
    Runaways was announced to appear in the 3rd issue of SI either on IGN or the other comic book news site.. forget the name, but its so that they can make another Runaways/Young Avengers crossover tie-in
    -----
    I like Renolds but... I don't know if he can do deadpool..

What I am excited about is Hulk, because they found the perfect actor for the part, he is exactly what Bruce Banner should be, skinny nerdy guy that can turn into Fight Club in a split second.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I know how you feel about Deadpool...most of the time his character feels like it couldn't be replicated by anyone but Fabian but what can you do.

I think Reynolds is a good choice, although I feel like Deadpool himself would hate the decision...if that makes any sense.

He'd probably want to be played by Bea Arthur.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity The Boff's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Reynolds as Deadpool.

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lelo's Avatar
    Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

I still havn't seen Ironman, hopefully this weekend

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Thunderbolts has Green Goblin, go buy it and read it now.

This is why Norman Osborn is Spiderman's greatest enemy, screw venom, he doesn't hold a CANDLE to the insanity that is Osborn.

Oh man, I wish this series was more popular and more mainstream, it DESREVES to be more popular than Avengers.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well... Warren Ellis is a mixed bag. We love his insanity but you know its NSFW and dangerous around the kids. Yes though, Marvel should advertise the series more but there just isn't enough room. I mean what would you have Marvel do? Remove all the Hulk ads?

...anyways I'm just psyched for Runaways/Young Avengers, I wonder... will they be the ones to fight the super duper skrulls?

New Reply
Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast