Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wrstljr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

I'm pretty sure Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy is going to kill some of those super duper skrulls too.

Remember when he took out the Young Avengers and Runaways at the same time...I think He'll fight side by side this time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lelo's Avatar
    Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

did anyone like the first Hulk movie(I did), and the new one looks good but Im having some doubts, anyone else feel the same

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member manu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hulk might be interesting but the real news is...

RUNAWAYS IS BEING ADAPTED!!!

As in Brain K. Vaughan, the man who wrote the series initially himself is going to be writing this film. Since Marvel has announced their schedule up till 2011 expect to wait a while guys but it'll be totally worth it.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/875/875934p1.html

You know, I think I should start taking acting lessons. I would love to be cast as Alex in the movie, I'm skinny and black enough. Give me a pair of glasses and let me grow out my hair and I would totally fit the role. I mean hell I spend enough time on the computers talking to people older than me I've never meant. Have a crush on a gothic asain (among others...), and even though I know my parents are evil I love them to death =]
    Last edited by manu; May 23, 2008 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lohnt's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

That's great news... but by 2011.. I'll be 25, damn, I don't know if I'll still be interested and as for acting.. I'm not blonde so... bleh.

I hope they stick to the actual story with Alex and the Mayan gods and all the obscure song/movie references, the only reason Runaways was so good was because it was so original and artistic, if it loses that appeal in order to fit into Hollywood style movies it'll be another Daredevil.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Brain K. Vaughan knows is the original author and the screen writer for the movie. Daredevil wasn't written by a comic book writer. Oh and Vaughan is a writter and producer for Lost so he has experience with motion pictures. He's also best buds with Joss Whedon, guy who's done Buffy and Serenity. I really hope Whedon jumps on board, he's responsible for the tri-monthly issues we've read so far. This is going to be on my mind for a very long time...

Oh when Whedon is done with runaways I think they are going to relaunch the series again with a new issue one under a new writer...

So... I'm going around marketing Kick-Ass again. Last time I got my name written in the book. Now its a contest to get a free ad in the book.

Oh and buy, the book. Its like manga except read right to left =P
    Last edited by manu; June 05, 2008 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

You got your name written in the book??

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

mhmm, just at the editorial though. The ad thing is cool but I have nothing to advertise. I'm winning the contest, i suspect that has to do with my jobless advantage.

Mashmaro

Quote Originally Posted by manu View Post
    Hulk might be interesting but the real news is...

RUNAWAYS IS BEING ADAPTED!!!

As in Brain K. Vaughan, the man who wrote the series initially himself is going to be writing this film. Since Marvel has announced their schedule up till 2011 expect to wait a while guys but it'll be totally worth it.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/875/875934p1.html
    <hr noshade size="1">
    You know, I think I should start taking acting lessons. I would love to be cast as Alex in the movie, I'm skinny and black enough. Give me a pair of glasses and let me grow out my hair and I would totally fit the role. I mean hell I spend enough time on the computers talking to people older than me I've never meant. Have a crush on a gothic asain (among others...), and even though I know my parents are evil I love them to death =]
    Great new! I hope they do it well...And a Witchblade movie can also be kind of
    good idea (They exist two awful previous movies...)

By Lelo: "did anyone like the first Hulk movie(I did), and the new one looks good but Im having some doubts, anyone else feel the same"

...The second Hulk adaptation movie...? According trailers I watched, Hulk looks more strange, seriously, being used to see the another one...Critics were saying that Ang Lee's vision on Hulk was too personal, the second looks like to be more Blockbuster. It's about watching it, we hope it is a worthy movie!

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw the new Hulk and it was better than the first. I choose my wording carefully, because it wasn't 'awesome' or 'great.' But it also wasn't bad.

I would rate it above average. The thing is it wasn't bad, but it's not necessarily good. To be blunt though, you can't expect a masterpiece with a franchise like Hulk because the story tends to be shallow anyway, whereas things like Iron man and X-men are more intellectual by nature.

Overall I would say it fills up the Marvel movie library well, and sets up Avengers nicely
    Spoiler show
    but other than that the movie didn't do much. I think they should hire the director from the Bourne Supremacy for future Hulk movies, and make them buddy movies against non-Hulk villains. For example, Hulk and Spidey, or Hulk and F4, best of all Hulk and Wolverine. Otherwise... the franchise has a weak future, that will only survive due to "THE HULK SMASH!!!!" and empty bland plot.

More spoilers

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Lohnt; June 14, 2008 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity The Boff's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Now im off to see the motherfrikkin HULK!!!!!

sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

So Lohnt, you thought it was above average, thats good enough for me. Hopefully ill go watch it today

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

it delivered PRECISELY what it should. im very happy with this Hulk movie. fucking awesome!

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not saying it didn't deliver, X-men 3 delivered exactly what it should, they just delivered it wrong (especially in a movie that is more about story than flash). All I'm saying is someone like the director for Bourne could have done a better job, other than that it was a good movie.

Also.. the fight scene wasn't all THAT great to be honest... I was hoping they'd take a little more from Matrix.

Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

you know I thought the movie would be ok but the fight scenes would makeup for it, but ur saying there not all that great. I just gotta see it for myself, but I dont think I have the time

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

ey, a question. in what comic does Bucky take on the captain America "job"?

cause im just guessing that that will be well written and emotional and stuff so id like to read it.
    anyone knows?

New Reply
Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast