Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lohnt's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

I know in 25 he dies.. so 25+ up are important for the steps. Plus Fallen son 3 aaaaaand.. there was a young avengers issue where Patriot and Hawkeye team up with him that was very important..

It's not really one issue, it's a long thought out process. But the first costume job.. was prob 5 chapters ago.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity The Boff's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks dude! will check around for them then. but theyre haaard to come by in sweden.

and jesus tittyf***ing christ why didnt anyone tell me that Skaar son of Hulk has been released?
    *off reading nr 1*

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

So.. Runaways is back, and it was pretty sentimental to read. It's been a while, and Whedon did a great job. But, to be honest, the season finale was great a real 9/10.

But.. Runaways/Young Avengers, now THAT was f#@king GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD. I can't believe how long it has been since I read comics this good. I mean, a lot of good stories have been out lately, heck, I even loved the new Red Hulk Issue (yes if you look into the doc's past, it actually matches up to what his actions were). But this.. Young Avengers and Runaways in the Skrull Invasion.... holy crap people, please please please read buy it.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Dragonzair's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll agree with the above post.

It was hell worth the wait, and I was jumping up and down on my seat. And I'm all hyped for this Runaways film adaption.

I do hope they won't pick horrid teen actors to play any of them. Swear to God, if I see Miley Cyrus I will kill someone.

"Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional."

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

lol, that's always the problem with screen adaption of comics...I trust we've all seen Daredevil?

I dunno what everybody else thinks but I for one liked Hugh Jackman as Wolverine and he would have probably been the only character that I would have kept if it were up to me...the first thrown out the door..the guy who played Cyclops, then Halle Berry( i wuv u....but it's nothing personal)
    Last edited by goldb; July 03, 2008 at 07:28 PM.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

jesus- tittyf***ing-christ!?!?!?

what the hell? a red hulk fighting thor? what the hell is going on?
    what series is that? i need to read and then make angry and derogatory comments.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member D3M1URG3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's from the current Hulk series, which is simply known as "Hulk" (as the Incredible run as been passed on to Hercules). The current series has to do with the appearance of a new Hulk (called Red Hulk by fans), who is obsessed with killing Green Hulk while also killing former friends and enemies of Hulk on the way. It's actually a pretty good series so far, with the mystery being who is Red Hulk?

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

hulk you say... pretty good you say...

hmmmm.... interesting i say.... must check this out now.

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it was pretty good up until this issue, which is blasphemy against all that has been marvel for the past 50 years.

Thors hammer cannot be picked up and used against him, even in space.

ESPECIALLY NOW THAT HE IS @#$%@# ODIN, he turned into the king of Asgardian gods, with the new Odinforce.. which means he controls the magic over his hammer, which means his hammer no longer listens to "whoever is worthy" but whoever he decides. And he would NOT decide to give Rulk that power.

This is bs =( It's like Sasuke losing to Lee or Shanks losing to Buggy.

Oh and I'll tell you why it was good, because the storyline was actually pretty keen on Hulk mythology/history, and if Rulk is indeed who he is supposedly, it would make sense for the further mutation. However if it is the military man, it's just kinda silly.
    Last edited by Lohnt; August 01, 2008 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lohnt View Post
    Yes, it was pretty good up until this issue, which is blasphemy against all that has been marvel for the past 50 years.

Thors hammer cannot be picked up and used against him, even in space.

ESPECIALLY NOW THAT HE IS @#$%@# ODIN, he turned into the king of Asgardian gods, with the new Odinforce.. which means he controls the magic over his hammer, which means his hammer no longer listens to "whoever is worthy" but whoever he decides. And he would NOT decide to give Rulk that power.

This is bs =( It's like Sasuke losing to Lee or Shanks losing to Buggy.
    <hr noshade size="1">
    Oh and I'll tell you why it was good, because the storyline was actually pretty keen on Hulk mythology/history, and if Rulk is indeed who he is supposedly, it would make sense for the further mutation. However if it is the military man, it's just kinda silly.
    I'm actually pretty confused now, after checking out some of your previous pics after reading your synopsis of what's going on. I must have missed an issue or something, because i completely missed this.

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I'll clarify: Warning spoilers blah blah.

Spoiler show

tl;dr All in all that's a summarized version why people are pissed at Marvel. With the intro of Sentry, and the Hulk not being the strongest one there is, and Thor coming back with powers over the Earth and Sky, yet still able to be beaten by crappy carbon copies of the Hulk (they could have at least changed his hair or something.... he's an even worse idea than Shadow from Sonic).
    Last edited by Lohnt; August 02, 2008 at 04:56 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lohnt View Post
    Sorry, I'll clarify: Warning spoilers blah blah.

Spoiler show

tl;dr All in all that's a summarized version why people are pissed at Marvel. With the intro of Sentry, and the Hulk not being the strongest one there is, and Thor coming back with powers over the Earth and Sky, yet still able to be beaten by crappy carbon copies of the Hulk (they could have at least changed his hair or something.... he's an even worse idea than Shadow from Sonic).
    After reading Hulk #5, I'm not exactly sure why some people are pissed off at Marvel. I found this issue very straight forward and to the point, without much of the mystery present in previous issues.

Spoiler show

Overall, not a bad issue. It's a great work of Fantasy in a series which, to this point, is all about Rulk.

BTW, Final Crisis #3 Is just amazing.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member manu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hulk has been funny at best, though censored swearing seems out of place in comics. Something I should note, read Fantastic Four lately for an interesting Hulk development.
    Spoiler show
    Final Crisis 3 was great, wonder where it'll go. I mean with Secret Invasion there is no worry that the universe is intact but FC has no such bets.

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait.. I had not read that F4, I just saw the last page on the previous issue that showed professor Hulk..

Anyway, that's besides the point. Namor is helping Tony Stark. Moreover, he refused to help Hulk and get involved in 'terrian matters' anymore, despite his friendship with the Hulk. Lastly he's allied with Doc Doom now in the new evil Illuminati, why is he there?

This comic is out of ALL CONTINUITIES, it's like a separate dimension *shakes head*, I really hope it is an alternate reality...

New Reply
Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast