Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 LastLast

Thread: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hollow Kurono's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

Woooo,Anti-Venom is crazy.Crazy,just like that Venom is out took away his suit,I still want an explanation how did he got those powers,was it Li who did it?Remeber he touched him and something blue happened.

Quote Originally Posted by The Boff View Post
    marvel fans REJOICE!

lookie at what Boff found on DA:

http://mikedeodatojr.deviantart.com/

the line drawing dude for lots of cool marvel stuff

That brings me to that,when will "Wolverine:Orgins 28" come out?I realy cant wait for it.But this dude aint the only one who is drawing marvel stuff

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Kurono
    Woooo,Anti-Venom is crazy.Crazy,just like that Venom is out
    hmm I saw the covers of the new Amazing's, and just one question, on simple and the only one <I google it, but I couldnt find that>:
    Who is Anti-Venom? Is it Brock? Some info is put about it? Thx in advance for reply
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member D3M1URG3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by juUnior View Post
    hmm I saw the covers of the new Amazing's, and just one question, on simple and the only one <I google it, but I couldnt find that>:
    Who is Anti-Venom? Is it Brock? Some info is put about it? Thx in advance for reply
    Yes, It's Brock. This Is so far a big mistake on Marvel's part, IMO. Brand New Day was terrible to begin with, but New Ways to Die is only making things worse.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemy
    Yes, It's Brock. This Is so far a big mistake on Marvel's part, IMO. Brand New Day was terrible to begin with, but New Ways to Die is only making things worse.
    Thx! So it is Brock.. hmm, makes me wonder: is it just because of Mr.Negative touch, that hmm some little symbiote in his blood mutated and he once again could become Veno... ekhem, Anti-Venom? Is he strong compared to Gargan's Venom right now? And was it said, what's the objective <if any..> has Anti-Venom? And why did he called himself "Anti-".. man, I'm not fond of seeing Brock in different style than the old cool Blueish/Blackish Venom :x <objective, I mean: before he had that thing to kill Spidey, sometimes Carnage and other symbiotes, and now?>
    btw. I didn't expect that Brock will be back, but in "not beieng the Venom we.. ok, ok, I love xP
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by juUnior View Post
    Thx! So it is Brock.. hmm, makes me wonder: is it just because of Mr.Negative touch, that hmm some little symbiote in his blood mutated and he once again could become Veno... ekhem, Anti-Venom? Is he strong compared to Gargan's Venom right now? And was it said, what's the objective <if any..> has Anti-Venom? And why did he called himself "Anti-".. man, I'm not fond of seeing Brock in different style than the old cool Blueish/Blackish Venom :x <objective, I mean: before he had that thing to kill Spidey, sometimes Carnage and other symbiotes, and now?>
    btw. I didn't expect that Brock will be back, but in "not beieng the Venom we.. ok, ok, I love xP

Cause he hates Venom,and thinks hes like a dissease,so he named himself Anti,he hated it because he got cancer cause of Venom so.And Anti-Venom already beat Venom as it seems hes takin Spider-Man

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wrstljr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Right now if marvel fans were given a vote

I'm pretty certain over 80% would vote in favor of retconning everything having to do with Spider-man since OMD.

I didn't even think it was possible to undermine a character to the point where he loses everything good about him. Say what you want about how now there can be more interesting storylines for him...the whole thing has seemed half-assed and was conceptualized and written incredibly poorly.

It's going take years (and probably a restart or something) for Spidey to ever get back to normal in the mainstream universe.

Anti-venom is a joke...remember when they tried having a bunch of new symbiotes and it failed? Toxic anyone?

There is a reason the 3rd spiderman movie was the worst...as cool as Venom looks and as badass as he is...his character depth is mediocore. He a rampaging monster when most of the dudes Spidey normally fights are more compelling.

I hope people now can look back on the clone saga and say...well it was long as hell but at least there was some payoff in the end...and what an insane story.
    My Review of Zetman! Try this one out...despite the Lame Name its a great read...

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34132

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

I started reading Spidey myself a couple of months ago.And yeah its sad and lame the way it turned out to be with MJ and everything Spidey has done,even the art is a bit wacky,Anti-Venom is good,I like him and everything,but I agree its to much already.

his name wasnt Toxic it was Toxin I guess the symbiotes definantly failed if you cant remeber them.Well as I said I just started reading everything,so Im not hating it that much.

And I agree about the third Spider-man movie it sucked,I cant even make myself watch it if Im bored,the first one was the best.They should have made Venom a bit more like Venom,cause as you can remeber Venom was hella built and this venom was shorter then Spidey.

And when you are talkin about the symbiotes dont forget about the goblins to.The Menace and probably the Menace is someone we know,I just dont know which one probably Harrys girlfriend or Harrys girlfriends best friend the one that cop likes,Peters roomm8.Anyway..waiting for the next chapter.
    Last edited by Hollow Kurono; September 14, 2008 at 06:21 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lohnt's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

So.. Mr Negative is filling New York with cheap (but deadlier) knockoffs of original Spidey villains.... (I really miss the Mayan god arc.. that shit was tight)

Spoiler show

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey there,I have a favor to ask,does anyone have "Avengers: The Initiative #14"?I would like to start reading Secret Invasion,but I cant find the chapter.If anyone can plz help.

@Lohnt

Spoiler show

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

They could always ressurect the Ghost Rider series by doing a crossover mini event where he kills Memphisto. Especially now that Dr Strange won't be sorcerer supreme...

Unless some cool writer takes over and screws all this, has Dr Doom become the new SS, get the evil Illuminati together and start forming an army with Namor, Penance and the Hood, but Osborn stands in his way, and he recruits Spidey but in order to do so he does him the favor of taking out Memphisto... I think that would be a team worthy of the possible new avengers team of Odinforce Thor, Shiney Cap, How many times are you going to get upgrades Iron-Man and maybe Wolverine..

But spidey you know.. wouldn't really be evil, he still wouldn't kill people, just fight for Doom. Come one! It's doom, we all love him. No but seriously wouldn't it be awesome to see Osborn's Thunderbolts take on Doom's illuminati? I still think Osborn would somehow win even though the Dark Illuminati is crazy powerful.. especially now that Bullseye doesn't get affected by psychics (bye bye Emma!)
    Last edited by Lohnt; September 20, 2008 at 04:46 PM.

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

How will you call this scorpion?Venomus-Scorpion or Anti-AntiVenom?Well this is sick and lame,I never saw what Scorpion can do in a comic book,only on tv,now ofcourse theres gonna be some fightin and still Anti-Venom and Spidey will win.

I wish Mephisto turns everythin back the way it was.I understand "House of M" was good when reality was changed,but this is not that good,atleast can someone draw better.

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I've only read one comic from like the 70's on Gargan.. I don't think he's really been in the spotlight before he got the suit, except in other publications (non Amazing which is the main storyline).

I think he doesn't appear in the 90's.. I have a collection of Amazing Spidey from creation to 2006 but it's in New York, and I can't access it right now.. But honestly I don't think he's been in the spotlight for a while.

As for Anti-anti-Venom (good name!~~~) he'll probably be stronger than anti-venom and Spidey, and we'll get our new Carnage this way.. although I still would prefer Cletus to Gargan.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member manu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Pay attention to Secret Invasion, nothing happens with Venom/Scorpion. I bet the only thing of substance that comes out of this storyline is a defeated Brock who gets captured by either Norman or Mr. Negative and all the thunderbolts return to previous powerlevels. Though I imagine there is a strong grudge at the end of the fight, Venom was excited to attack spiderman while in the middle of the invasion so i expect to be amused with the last chapter at the very least.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anybody here been reading the Young X-men series? I've noticed it's received a fair bit of criticism from posters on other forums but I've really enjoyed it so far, especially the latest one, with a new artistic team and character development, and alot of me will probably disagree with me but Ink has got to be the coolest character out of the bunch, dust is pretty awesome too.

I'd like to know what you guys think.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't really followed Young X-men, I guess because I'm not too interested in the team. I prefer to hear about Elixir in X-force for example.

Anyway, reviews:
    Deadpool: Great issue, love the last page, he really does do something awesome in SI, but no one will ever know. But the series really does seem to focus a lot on the comedy, and in an issue like this, at least the last couple of pages could have used a more serious tone.
    New Avengers: Interesting read, nothing more. Nothing exciting really, just stuff about House of M.
    Runaways: I agree with the reviews this issue. I didn't particularly like it, bunch of brats all talking at once and having no particular interest, the story didn't even seem to advance all that much. I guess the writing has fallen a bit.
    Thunderbolts: Eh, it was good, but not great. Not as good as the previous SI issues anyway. Art has kind of fallen in quality also.

Lastly HRulk:
    What can I say.. the arc is finally done (somewhat), we are left more confused than ever. I think people consider the victory to be a one on one battle, when it really wasn't.
    Spoiler show

Status quo was restored by retconning 2 victories, and Rulk's intelligence.

However, the ending is interesting, at the very least I can consider this a crappy 1970's storyline that has potential for Rulk's future. Although I still hate his design (red v. of Hulk).

If they changed his look a little, and continued the focus on him in the Hulk series (because it does seem like he is the protagonist moreso than the Hulk), I wouldn't mind following the story. I don't really care for his identity anymore, since it doesn't make as much of an impact now that the likely suspects are out.

The whole "gave you everything" business is definately interesting though. Makes me wonder if Mastermind or some other smart character (please Doom?) is behind this whole thing.

But anyway, this controversial arc is done and.. thank goodness. I can only say it ended no better (writing wise) than it started so, whatever.

By the way, Samson should be a villain, it really suits him more. He even fits into the whole Thunderbolts dynamic.
    Last edited by Lohnt; September 25, 2008 at 07:29 AM.

New Reply
Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 LastLast