Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 586 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member manu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Black_89 View Post
    Spoiler show
    Y'know that makes the most sense, considering Brian Micheal Bendis (guy who is doing Might and New Avengers) is also writing Secret Invasion. Props for the discovery.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lohnt's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish you would write the stories instead of Bendis Mr. Black, that also fits into why the Phallanx is focusing on the Kree so much.

2 birds with 1 stone.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wrstljr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For the Deadpool fans in the forum,

WHERE the hell were his yellow speech boxes in Wolverine Origins!?!?!?! Why is he bugs bunny now?

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

He's always been cartoony I suppose, I think Origins shows the first time he went crazy, before Cable, before X-force when he was still a merc.

Spoiler for those that haven't read Thor 5, Penance Relentless, Namor or.. w/e
    Spoiler show

Lastly I really want Runaways and Young Avengers to jump into this Skrull invasion horse soon, because the lack of their titles is getting stale, especially with Deadpool gone, there are no titles that just make me feel good anymore, even if bad things happen.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Ichimaru Gin n Tonic's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Aww Spectacular spiderman!!! Yay, it's been so long since I read it.

Much better than the current amazing

Thank you for uploading it!
    Last edited by Lohnt; January 26, 2008 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity The Boff's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

y'know, ive never been big on the whole marvel universe. way too many heroes for me.
    i like the movie versions cause there its always one person or s a small group of people that
    takes the weight of the world on their shoulders. but the comics... ugh.... more heroes than you can count.

BUT!
    ive read World War Hulk and i am now halfway through Civil War and i gotta tell ya. its good!
    WWH rocked ass cause Hulk kicked everyones ass twice over.
    and CW is a very very deep storyline. both sides have valid points. one second you sit and root for Iron Man and registration. the next you want Captain America to beat the living snot out of the pre reg bastards. and then youre back to Iron Man. very intriguing reading. (is that even a sentence?)

the only real backside to this is that i know the big event of CW.
    Spoiler: DONT CLICK IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET SPOILED show

so its no huge suspense for me there but otherwise i must say the story kicks arse.

*back to readin*

i just read the thing i talked about in the spoiler above...
    made me cry a lot...... damnit........
    Last edited by The Boff; January 29, 2008 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Dragonzair's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, so ever since moving here, I haven't really been updating myself with comics, and Ichi-san had already warned me about OMD. That's not to say I wasn't interested about what happened. So here I am off to Wikipedia...

Wait. What?

>_<

Spoiler show

Okay. This is so wrong, and...this is a whole lot depressing than House of M got me. At least House of M (despite having involved magic) only seemed to have changed the present. NOT...not YEARS OF WORKING on one of the best (if not the best) character Marvel usually has to freakin' offer! And they put everything together quite all right, seeing how it involved the whole universe!

But one title?! This is not what I'm used to reading! D:

NGAH.

*sobs hysterically*

Well...I'm just glad they're finally writing down a new Young Avengers title. I didn't know how long I could go without it (which...I have done already o.O) but yeah.

Oh, and X Men.

I'm not sure how to really react to what just happened, but...I can't really complain since it wasn't as bad as I thought of Spidey's. Still. I feel like punching Scott. And I thought the writers promised that this arc would be the *one* that got everyone off Scott's back.

All it really did was make me want to stab it, and rub salt. I digress, though...the turn of events over at the X Factor side, and it's revelations. Wow. Didn't really see that coming. I'm still impressed with everything to do with the X Men though

And I'm really really really really sad that they're stopping New X Men (annoyed, to be honest). I liked the younger teams together. I never really thought much about half of them joining the older X Men. And in other teams, too D:

Still.

Avengers (all of 'em) is still really interesting Really enjoying it so far.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd....

hee. If Lohnt isn't afraid to let any of you know of his liking for ASM, I'd like to do the same with Iron Man. Really. XD I'm enjoying his book so far, and I really dig the writing. It's my current favourite And like I've stated in the past, I don't think Tony's evil *dodges bullets and daggers* And this is not because Maria Hill is in the books (though that's how it did start off as)! XD
    Last edited by Dragonzair; February 03, 2008 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional."

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

See, i toooold you so!! I really like the Young Avengers book too. I hope they're gonna start the second volume soon. And where the heck is the Runaways, I want more Runaways!!!

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member manu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Joss Whedon, the current Runaway's writer is the slowest guy ever. Though his work on Astonishing X-men makes me think that I can trust his Runaway's arc.

The Boff is going to have to read Captain America if he is to understand his death, considering the Captain doesn't die in Civil War... And well Captain America is an awesome title. Oh and disgruntled Spidey fans should check out Ultimate Spiderman, a very good read and at least you don't have to worry about retcons.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manu View Post
    The Boff is going to have to read Captain America if he is to understand his death, considering the Captain doesn't die in Civil War...
    excuse me?
    are you telling me that he didnt die? that the saddest moment ever created by an american comicbook was just a sham?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

He ddin't die in Civil War, but in Captain America #25. He was jailed at the end of Civil War, though.

But manu's right. You should read Captain America, since it's an awesome title Especially with the new Cap (<333333333333333333)

manu: Y4eah, I really enjoy the Ultimate Spidey title It's sooo much fun, whenever I get tired of Emo Spidey, I just head over to the Ultimate. XD Too bad they brought Beast back in Ult. X Men though. I honestly thought they'd stop all this revivial thing in the Ultimates =_= Still won't stop reading the book, though...

And yeah, I jsut wish Whedon would hurry up with Runaways.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

hold on here. Cap died from the assassination on the steps to the courtroom where he was going to answer for his action during the civil war, right? thats what i read in the civil war pack i downloaded and thats what wikipedia said as well. so now im thouroghly confused here.

ah now it hit me. as i said i downloaded a pack with ALL tie ins to civil war and read them in the order the play out. you guys are talking about the comicbooks that had the civil war tag on them. am i right?

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

That's right, Boff. Cap's assassination marks the "ending" of Civil War but it happened after the fighting is over. And I agree about you should be reading Captain America's book. It's a great title.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooohhh >_< Sorry for confusing you, Boffer ^_^; Should've known you downloaded the pack.

Oh, and I jsut have to add this in, New Avengers Spidey is fun (so was he during Mighty Avengers) and I'm really glad they don't put emo Peter in there.
    Last edited by Dragonzair; February 03, 2008 at 01:01 PM. Reason: >.> Spelt 'pack' wrong <.<

New Reply
Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast