Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 675 of 829

Thread: The Society for the Study of Swedish.

  1. #661
    Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,342
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Society for the Study of Anything.

    Agrias - he showed you the biiig "The Game" sign which, alone, should be worth the trip!!!
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

  2. #662
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xadyu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Posts
    4,739
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Society for the Study of Anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agrias View Post
    Mostly Delft, Den Haag and Leuven. Khal didn't want to take me to Amsterdan because he said it sucks. >.>
    Well, yeah, there's nothing special about Amsterdam, for tourists it's awesome. I mean, you can get drugs and whore's legally, but that's it. The architecture is the same in most big city's, besides that Amsterdam is too fucking expensive, besides some monumental things, Den Haag etc. can offer you the same.

    Although I think that Amsterdam is a place you must've visited once in your life. I visited it a couple of times now, one to just be there and the other time's were for business purposes.

    I've never been to Delft, Den Haag and Leuven before, I've been through it.. You know, with the train and all, but I've never visited them properly.

    Didn't you go to Maastricht or Utrecht? Both worth visiting too.

  3. #663
    Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    21,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Society for the Study of Anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agrias View Post
    Europe.

    In my defense, I'm tired of sun. Really. We've had it for years and we usually only have it....always. And today on radio they said that they were expecting 36c in the weekend. YAAAAAAAAAY. xD
    Oh you say that now, but after having snowstorms for weeks you may change your mind. Careful of what you wish

    I can see how you get tired of the sun though. People tend to want something different than what they got. Me for example, I'd rather have sun as I get tired of the winter in Norway. Snow is fine, but 2 months is enough, then I want summer again. That's why I love Portugal (where my father lives) as it's sunny, hot and well, it's what I'm made for. Not this cold snowy country

    I have a love/hate relation to winter I guess. Skiing is alot of fun, easily the best part of winter.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

  4. #664
    Holy Knight 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Agrias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Borås
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Society for the Study of Anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xadyu View Post
    Well, yeah, there's nothing special about Amsterdam, for tourists it's awesome. I mean, you can get drugs and whore's legally, but that's it. The architecture is the same in most big city's, besides that Amsterdam is too fucking expensive, besides some monumental things, Den Haag etc. can offer you the same.

    Although I think that Amsterdam is a place you must've visited once in your life. I visited it a couple of times now, one to just be there and the other time's were for business purposes.

    I've never been to Delft, Den Haag and Leuven before, I've been through it.. You know, with the train and all, but I've never visited them properly.

    Didn't you go to Maastricht or Utrecht? Both worth visiting too.
    How come you live in the Netherlands and doesn't know all of it? It's so small, the entire country is smaller than my city! Gogogogo!

    I wanted to visit more places, but time was short..

    (trying to pronounce "Utrecht" was a lot of fun though (and embarassment too <.<).

    Quote Originally Posted by 3cmm View Post
    I can see how you get tired of the sun though. People tend to want something different than what they got. Me for example, I'd rather have sun as I get tired of the winter in Norway. Snow is fine, but 2 months is enough, then I want summer again. That's why I love Portugal (where my father lives) as it's sunny, hot and well, it's what I'm made for. Not this cold snowy country

    I have a love/hate relation to winter I guess. Skiing is alot of fun, easily the best part of winter.
    At least you have 4 different seasons. We only have different levels of scorching sun all year long, it gets tiresome after years and years of non-stop baking.

    In my city, it never gets under 23ºc (and that's considered cold weather here, usual stuff is 27~30ºc, during summer a bit more). I guess you have to live here to understand how annoying it is (at least for those like me, that aren't fond of beaches...the rest doesn't seem to mind... T___T). The most ridiculous part...here people sometimes refer to summer as "winter", you know why? Because it rains a lot, and those usual 5 precious minutes of water falling from the sky are considered "cold weather". >.>'

    And I loved the cold weather, even when I was suffering. xD I'm so envious of you guys now. :~

    Portugal hm? Go to the portuguese thread to put this portuguese in use with us for a change. :3

  5. #665
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xadyu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Posts
    4,739
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Society for the Study of Anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agrias View Post
    How come you live in the Netherlands and doesn't know all of it? It's so small, the entire country is smaller than my city! Gogogogo!

    I wanted to visit more places, but time was short..

    (trying to pronounce "Utrecht" was a lot of fun though (and embarassment too <.<).
    Yeah well, if I do it fast, it still takes me 6 hours to go to the top of the country. I live at the bottom, lulz. But I don't care about traveling so I don't do much of it anyway. I've visited 80% of Germany though, haha.

    You should try "Scheveningen" then. Back in World War II the dutch used it to recognize German (or other foreign) infiltrants and such.

    Even I can't pronounce it like it should been. But then again, I'm not 100% dutch.

  6. #666
    Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    21,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Society for the Study of Anything.

    Haha, I'm horrible at writing portuguese Agrias

    I never learned to write the language, so the little I know I basically learned from reading subtitled movies/series in Portugal aswell as reading some articles there in the newsparers. I can write abit, but it's often horrible, haha. I understand most writing though as long as it's not too complicated. I grew up there, but moved before starting at school, so I never had any portuguese education.

    Well I can understand you somewhat I guess as I lived in Portugal. It's pretty damn hot there too. Though it's not as hot as Brazil, it often drops down to 10ºc in the winter. But in Norway it's completely different. Sometimes it rains ALOT, and honestly it sucks. You don't go outside because you get too soaked, it's horrible. And snow is fine, but I think 2 months is more than enough

    The perfect year would be if one could have summer for 4 months > instant change to snowy winter for 2 months > Summer 4 months > Snowy winter 2 months. It would be a year full of great variation
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

  7. #667
    Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ...
    Country
    Pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,588
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Society for the Study of Anything.

    What language can you speak fluently? And which one you can write as well?

  8. #668
    vs. The World. 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Hermie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    Norway
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,845
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Society for the Study of Anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by 3cmm View Post
    Well I can understand you somewhat I guess as I lived in Portugal. It's pretty damn hot there too. Though it's not as hot as Brazil, it often drops down to 10ºc in the winter. But in Norway it's completely different. Sometimes it rains ALOT, and honestly it sucks. You don't go outside because you get too soaked, it's horrible. And snow is fine, but I think 2 months is more than enough

    The perfect year would be if one could have summer for 4 months > instant change to snowy winter for 2 months > Summer 4 months > Snowy winter 2 months. It would be a year full of great variation
    So, you're from Bergen, then? xD

  9. #669
    Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    21,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Society for the Study of Anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hermie View Post
    So, you're from Bergen, then? xD
    Nah, I'm from around Oslo (Akershus fylke, nær Kolbotn hvis du vet hvor det er? Litt sør for Oslo. Bor for tiden i Kristiansand da). Sorry for that

    I was kinda pointing to the year 2009 in general, which had an awful lot of rain pour down on our country. I really do hate rain!
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

  10. #670
    Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,342
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Society for the Study of Anything.

    Agrias, how likely is it that you'll make another trip like this next year, or in the end of this year?
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

  11. #671
    Holy Knight 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Agrias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Borås
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Society for the Study of Anything.

    Being that I'll still be paying for the last one until july at least, I don't think I'll be able to travel again for a looooong time, unless I suddenly get rich, get a scholarship or find a job abroad. ;_;


    Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    What language can you speak fluently? And which one you can write as well?
    Portuguese. I thought I spoke english quite ok, but Khal made sure to prove me wrong whenever I opened my mouth. T_T

    Write...Portuguese. >.> I thought I wrote in english quite ok, but Khal and ttx and Xophien made sure to prove me wrong when I asked for help. T_T

    I was trying to learn German, but dunno if I'll continue. I sucked hard. -_-
    Last edited by Agrias; February 02, 2010 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  12. #672
    Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,342
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Society for the Study of Anything.

    Ouch, that sounds harsh! :/ But I can imagine it wasn't really cheap going to Europe, and then traveling all around it too... I take it as you can't study in Europe either now?

    And I missed you lot in gothenburg too... no excuse is worthy that...
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

  13. #673
    Holy Knight 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Agrias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Borås
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Society for the Study of Anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blai View Post
    Ouch, that sounds harsh! :/ But I can imagine it wasn't really cheap going to Europe, and then traveling all around it too... I take it as you can't study in Europe either now?
    It was the most expensive thing I've ever done, but it was also the best thing I've done in my life, seriously, worth every cent. I don't even complain when I see the bills coming...at least not much <,<

    The study thing is as hard as before, I need monies or a scholarship...I'm working on both possibilities >.> Never give up~

    Quote Originally Posted by Blai View Post
    And I missed you lot in gothenburg too... no excuse is worthy that...
    I won't ever forgive you T_T CHICKEN!

  14. #674
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xadyu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    Papua New Guinea
    Posts
    4,739
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Society for the Study of Anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agrias View Post
    Being that I'll still be paying for the last one until july at least, I don't think I'll be able to travel again for a looooong time, unless I suddenly get rich, get a scholarship or find a job abroad. ;_;
    You could come and work for me.

    But then again, the job pays according to your looks and it involves heavy pimp-smacking.

  15. #675
    Ghosted 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member godofthesunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Helsinki
    Country
    Finland
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,373
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Society for the Study of Anything.

    Agrias, I may have asked this before but where do you get your avatar/icons?

    The girl you use is always so cute.

    Do you draw her yourself?
    How much heat can you take?

New Reply
Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts