Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 829

Thread: The Society for the Study of Swedish.

  1. #1
    Holy Knight 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Agrias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Borås
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Naruto The Society for the Study of Swedish.



    Hiii.

    I never thought i´d have an "ask me" thread. I´m not that interesting, nor popular (but Bax had nothing better to do, so he spent his time trying to convince me to make one. So here it is. )

    In case you don´t know (and you probably don´t), I´m Agrias, mod of the Naruto Theater & Arcade section (i´ve been promoted now! #D). I was promoted to mod status when Bax and GK discovered that I had nothing better to do than to post urls to the latest Naruto episodes around - even when they´re crappy, oh yeah. #D

    I´m out of ideas of what to say here, as I´m not really good on introductions. So..bah, just ask me anything if you wish. ;p


    (Sasusaku fanart by Samurai-pet, Agrias by squareenix. #D)
    Last edited by Agrias; February 24, 2008 at 08:39 AM.

  2. #2
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Posts
    19,202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Don't blame yourself or God, blame Agrias.

    First post! And I beg to differ, you're interesting

    Why do you like Naruto?

    EDIT: Hilarious pic, by the way

  3. #3
    Holy Knight 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Agrias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Borås
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Don't blame yourself or God, blame Agrias.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight View Post
    First post! And I beg to differ, you're interesting

    Why do you like Naruto?

    EDIT: Hilarious pic, by the way
    Naruto? I hate him. I just love Sasuke. And Uchihas in general. #D


    Ok, I don´t really know why I like Naruto. It´s a very chiche shounen series, but it managed to make me watch anime/read manga again, after a break of 5 years. So I guess it turned out to be special to me...and of course, i love those cheesy love and friendship stories. #D

  4. #4
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Country
    Malaysia
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,801
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Don't blame yourself or God, blame Agrias.

    Say Dani-chan...

    Tell me what a girl like you doing at a construction site? Not many girls are doing that


  5. #5
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ayle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    102
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Don't blame yourself or God, blame Agrias.

    Do you like FFs?

  6. #6
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Posts
    19,202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Don't blame yourself or God, blame Agrias.

    Quote Originally Posted by bax View Post
    Say Dani-chan...

    Tell me what a girl like you doing at a construction site? Not many girls are doing that
    Actually, I know plenty of female architects ^^


    Quote Originally Posted by Agrias View Post
    Ok, I don´t really know why I like Naruto. It´s a very chiche shounen series, but it managed to make me watch anime/read manga again, after a break of 5 years. So I guess it turned out to be special to me...and of course, i love those cheesy love and friendship stories. #D
    What did you watch before Naruto, and why did you take a 5-year break?

    And what about Sasuke x Sakura appeals to you ( I'm sure this is the question you want to be asked )
    Last edited by Gold Knight; November 06, 2007 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. #7
    英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,591
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Don't blame yourself or God, blame Agrias.

    Agrias builds.... what exactly? What got you interested in architecture, Agrias?

  8. #8
    Holy Knight 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Agrias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Borås
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Don't blame yourself or God, blame Agrias.

    Quote Originally Posted by bax View Post
    Say Dani-chan...

    Tell me what a girl like you doing at a construction site? Not many girls are doing that
    Quote Originally Posted by ornis View Post
    Agrias builds.... what exactly? What got you interested in architecture, Agrias?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight View Post
    Actually, I know plenty of female architects ^^
    <hr noshade size="1">
    By the end of the next year, i´ll be the newest architect around. ^__^
    The constant visits to the construction sites are obligatory one year before graduation...and let´s say that it sucks to be a girl in a construction site, hehe...the workers are such pervs >(


    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight View Post
    What did you watch before Naruto, and why did you take a 5-year break?
    5 years ago, I moved from Rio de Janeiro to Fortaleza, and I lost contact with almost all of my friends...5 years ago, it wasn´t easy to download entire series in a couple of hours here in Brazil, so we used to trade cds with episodes and buy some series together. When I got here, I had no friends - and no one to trade episodes with, or just chat :/ So I lost the will to watch new series...the studies, college entrance exams and moving took almost all my time

    But then high speed internet was born.

    Ah, in that time I used to love Saint Seiya (this one was such a hit here in Brazil - even today, it´s more known and loved than Dragonball!), Sailormoon, Fushigi Yuugi, Ayashi no Ceres, Ah my Goddess, Macross (the first one, one of my favourite series until today), Slayers, DNA², Miyazaki´s works, Lodoss, Evangelion and muuuch more ;p

    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight View Post
    And what about Sasuke x Sakura appeals to you ( I'm sure this is the question you want to be asked )
    They are the perfect pairing. She´s caring, and he needs care - Sasuke only needs to acknowledge that. I think he already did, he´s just waiting to finish his things with Itachi before producing pink haired Uchihas. #D

    (but it looks like Kishimoto is going to deceive me ¬¬)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayle View Post
    Do you like FFs?
    Love them. FFTactics and FF6 are my favourites. As you can see, I´m a FFT freak. The title of this thread is derived from a famous quote by Delita, in the beggining of the game #D

    Bad thing is that I still didn´t had time to play FFX and FFXII...college is killing me.



    Ah, please correct me everytime you see an english mistake. I won´t be angry, I promise. My english is really rusty -_-
    Last edited by Agrias; November 06, 2007 at 07:26 PM.

  9. #9
    英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,591
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Don't blame yourself or God, blame Agrias.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agrias View Post
    By the end of the next year, i´ll be the newest architect around. ^__^
    The constant visits to the construction sites are obligatory one year before graduation...and let´s say that it sucks to be a girl in a construction site, hehe...the workers are such pervs >(
    Oh, I bet that sucks.

    Are any of them, uh, fit to you? You know, any "lookers?" Can't just leave this one-sided, they probably just think you're hot.

    Of course, that warrants respect; I wouldn't drive away the attraction if I really care about it. Even then, if a girl I'm into "gets me," hey, perviness is hardly thrown out the window

    What are your thoughts on any of the constructors? I may be asking much for a well-mannered looker or maybe not. I don't know who's there. Save for the pervs


    Quote Quote:
    Ah, in that time I used to love Saint Seiya (this one was such a hit here in Brazil - even today, it´s more known and loved than Dragonball!), Sailormoon, Fushigi Yuugi, Ayashi no Ceres, Ah my Goddess, Macross (the first one, one of my favourite series until today), Slayers, DNA², Miyazaki´s works, Lodoss, Evangelion and muuuch more ;p
    OOh, ooh! What's your favorite Miyazaki work

    Do you like Ghost in the Shell? Why? Why not?

    What's better music wise: Samurai Champloo or Cowboy Bebop? If you haven't heard of them, I'm afraid I have no links. I get a lot of my anime exposure through Adult Swim or something from William Street Studios (a Cartoon Network animation department).

  10. #10
    Holy Knight 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Agrias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Borås
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Don't blame yourself or God, blame Agrias.

    Quote Originally Posted by ornis View Post
    Oh, I bet that sucks.

    Are any of them, uh, fit to you? You know, any "lookers?" Can't just leave this one-sided, they probably just think you're hot.

    Of course, that warrants respect; I wouldn't drive away the attraction if I really care about it. Even then, if a girl I'm into "gets me," hey, perviness is hardly thrown out the window

    What are your thoughts on any of the constructors? I may be asking much for a well-mannered looker or maybe not. I don't know who's there. Save for the pervs
    The workers are old, sweaty, ugly, smelly and most of them are bad mannered as well. #D So, to their standarts, any person with boobs is hot. ^^;
    Some rare respectful ones are really kind and are always helping me out, I´m glad they exist ;p
    The engineering students and the engineers themselves are younger and not so bad, but they´re pervy too. I know when they´re looking ¬¬

    And no, i´d never be attracted by any of those, never ^^;;;

    Quote Originally Posted by ornis View Post
    OOh, ooh! What's your favorite Miyazaki work
    I´m torn between Laputa, Nausicaa and Grave of the Fireflies (so sad ;~~). I liked Chihiro too.
    Ops! Grave of the Fireflies wasn´t by Miyazaki, was it? I think it´s just a Ghibli production. ;p

    Quote Originally Posted by ornis View Post
    Do you like Ghost in the Shell? Why? Why not?
    This one is a classic...I still haven´t watched Innocence and Stand Alone Complex, though. ;/ I´m not really into sci-fi, but I liked this one a lot when I watched.
    Fujikomas

    Quote Originally Posted by ornis View Post
    What's better music wise: Samurai Champloo or Cowboy Bebop? If you haven't heard of them, I'm afraid I have no links. I get a lot of my anime exposure through Adult Swim or something from William Street Studios (a Cartoon Network animation department).
    I love Cowboy Bebop in every aspect, music included. Can´t say the same for Samurai Champloo, as I´ve never watched it #D

  11. #11
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Posts
    19,202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Don't blame yourself or God, blame Agrias.

    Don't you have a boyfriend anyway? So the workers better keep their mitts off, right?

    Do watch Samurai Champloo, it's awesome, maybe not as awesome as Cowboy Bebop but you still should watch it anyway.

    And are you interested in working for architectural firm, or to start your own business?

  12. #12
    Holy Knight 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Agrias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Borås
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Don't blame yourself or God, blame Agrias.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight View Post
    Don't you have a boyfriend anyway? So the workers better keep their mitts off, right?
    Yeah, and he´s very jealous #D He wanted to go to the construction site with me once, hehe. #D


    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight View Post
    Do watch Samurai Champloo, it's awesome, maybe not as awesome as Cowboy Bebop but you still should watch it anyway.
    I think I watched an episode on tv once...it really didn´t get my attention, is it that good?;p

    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight View Post
    And are you interested in working for architectural firm, or to start your own business?
    Anything is good....for begginers, it´s hard to start a business, but some say it´s the only way to make money nowadays...

    I feel kinda of lost right now....it feels like i´ve been studying for almost 6 years, and I still haven´t learned anything *_* I´m so afraaaid ;_;


    I´m such a noob! I´ve never noticed you could change forum skins...and i just noticed my siggy looks AWFUL in the dark skin! Stupid gifs, gotta redo it ;_;
    Last edited by Agrias; November 06, 2007 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  13. #13
    mousou mashiin 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kaylee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Don't blame yourself or God, blame Agrias.

    Agrias!

    What did you start first -- the anime or manga for Naruto? Which do you like better?

    What are your 3 favorite anime?


    Quote Originally Posted by Agrias View Post
    They are the perfect pairing. She´s caring, and he needs care - Sasuke only needs to acknowledge that. I think he already did, he´s just waiting to finish his things with Itachi before producing pink haired Uchihas. #D
    Ever see this comic?




    Quote Originally Posted by Agrias View Post
    I think I watched an episode on tv once...it really didn´t get my attention, is it that good?;p
    YES!! Samurai Champloo is that good. In fact, on my second time watching, I decided it was better than Cowboy Bebop (although the music isn't as good). Not every episode is fantastic, so maybe you caught one of those... but some just blew me away. You should definitely check it out!

    Quote Quote:
    I feel kinda of lost right now....it feels like i´ve been studying for almost 6 years, and I still haven´t learned anything *_* I´m so afraaaid ;_;
    Don't worry, almost everyone feels that way when they graduate. I know I did, anyway. But sometimes I think the point of college isn't to teach you things, but to teach you how to learn things on your own. So don't worry. Once you start your job, I'm sure you'll do great!

    Quote Quote:
    I´m such a noob! I´ve never noticed you could change forum skins...and i just noticed my siggy looks AWFUL in the dark skin! Stupid gifs, gotta redo it ;_;
    Hehe. The important thing is, it looks great with my color scheme!

  14. #14
    Holy Knight 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Agrias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Borås
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Don't blame yourself or God, blame Agrias.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaylee View Post
    Agrias!

    What did you start first -- the anime or manga for Naruto? Which do you like better?
    I started with the anime, but now i´m most interested on the manga, of course. Can´t wait for the team 7 reunion #D
    I´m torn between the manga and the anime, i love both. Except the fillers and slow paced episodes of the anime, and the manga fights that take more than 5 weeks to end.

    By the way, I can´t stand the Jiraiya fight anymore. ¬¬

    Quote Originally Posted by kaylee View Post
    What are your 3 favorite anime?
    It´s so difficult to choose only 3...but right now, I guess they would be Macross, Naruto and Rurouni Kenshin. Ops, I guess I don´t like Kenshin as a anime series, only the manga...last favourite anime...agh, I´ll go with Slayers. Kimagure Orange Road. Haruhi Suzumiya. Lucky Star. So maaaany ;_;




    Quote Originally Posted by kaylee View Post
    Ever see this comic?

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHHAAHHAHA #D~~

    Thaaanks, i had never seen it before! I guess that would be really funny >D



    Quote Originally Posted by kaylee View Post
    YES!! Samurai Champloo is that good. In fact, on my second time watching, I decided it was better than Cowboy Bebop (although the music isn't as good). Not every episode is fantastic, so maybe you caught one of those... but some just blew me away. You should definitely check it out!
    When I finish Bleach, that will be my next one. I just started watching/reading Bleach, can you believe it?;p



    Quote Originally Posted by kaylee View Post
    Don't worry, almost everyone feels that way when they graduate. I know I did, anyway. But sometimes I think the point of college isn't to teach you things, but to teach you how to learn things on your own. So don't worry. Once you start your job, I'm sure you'll do great!
    Thanks ;~~~)

    Hey kaylee, create your thread! It´s th time for us rookies to SHIINE! #D
    Last edited by Agrias; November 06, 2007 at 10:43 PM.

  15. #15
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity PaperYomiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Don't blame yourself or God, blame Agrias.

    Agrias has a thread now!!!

    hmm....what's your favorite non-anime movie? Do you like to read, other than manga? and btw, I love that you love Kenshin, that's my favorite too

    and the most important question of life...what's your favorite food?
    "Peace to the books of the world, an iron hammer to those who would abuse them..."

New Reply
Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts