Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: The Society for the Study of Swedish.

Holy Knight 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Agrias's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Don't blame yourself or God, blame Agrias.

Quote Originally Posted by PaperYomiko View Post
    Agrias has a thread now!!!

hmm....what's your favorite non-anime movie?
    KILL BILL, both parts o_o I love it so much *_*

Do you like to read, other than manga? and btw, I love that you love Kenshin, that's my favorite too
    Yeah, sure ^^ My favourite books are The Silmarillion, A Clockwork Orange and A Brave New World. But its been a long time since i last read something pleasant, now i just read boring architecture books.
    Ah, there´s a really good book that is not about architecture, but every architecture student reads and loves - and that´s my case: Invisible Cities, by Italo Calvino. That would be my current fav.

and the most important question of life...what's your favorite food?

I love to eat #D~~~~~~

SUSHI!!!!! *_* Yakisoba...BigMac and Cheddar McMelt (this one is a mc donalds sandwich, i´m not sure if they sell it outside Brazi, as they say this one is a brazillian one ;p)
    I was recently introduced to Burger King, so I must say Whoppers are starting to make me happy. Ah, Junk Food

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member gluttony's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

wowww agrias thread this is strange talking to you in english! the other day i went to the website your boyfriend's band. they're pretty cool!!!! i would love to hear some anime openings too!

ok here is a question, do you like to do any artistic stuff as a hobby and not as a job, i mean, like sculture or painting in your free time?

mousou mashiin 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kaylee's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Agrias View Post
    I started with the anime, but now i´m most interested on the manga, of course. Can´t wait for the team 7 reunion #D
    I´m torn between the manga and the anime, i love both. Except the fillers and slow paced episodes of the anime, and the manga fights that take more than 5 weeks to end.

By the way, I can´t stand the Jiraiya fight anymore. ¬¬
    Yeah, it seems like a lot of people are bored with it already. The constant summonings were a bit boring, but there's potential to make it exciting again with Pain's new human summons. But I think I care more about getting Pain's backstory than the actual battle right now.

And I can't wait until we finally get back to Sasuke and Itachi!! (and maybe Naruto?)

Quote Quote:
    When I finish Bleach, that will be my next one. I just started watching/reading Bleach, can you believe it?;p
    Hehe. Don't worry, you're not the only one.
    I've been caught up on the manga for a while now, but I still have only watched like 5 episodes of the anime.

Quote Quote:
    Hey kaylee, create your thread! It´s th time for us rookies to SHIINE! #D
    But I like spamming other people's threads so much better! (so thanks for creating one! )

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity PaperYomiko's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    KILL BILL, both parts o_o I love it so much *_*
    Those are great movies, I agree I LOVE the Superman theory at the end, so brilliant

Quote Quote:
    Ah, there´s a really good book that is not about architecture, but every architecture student reads and loves - and that´s my case: Invisible Cities, by Italo Calvino. That would be my current fav.
    are you serious?!! I'm actually reading that right now!!! It's very good, Calvino is just a beautiful writer

Quote Quote:
    I love to eat #D~~~~~~
    me too!

Quote Quote:
    SUSHI!!!!! *_* Yakisoba...BigMac and Cheddar McMelt (this one is a mc donalds sandwich, i´m not sure if they sell it outside Brazi, as they say this one is a brazillian one ;p)
    I was recently introduced to Burger King, so I must say Whoppers are starting to make me happy. Ah, Junk Food
    ooooh, yakisoba is delicious I tried to make it myself once though, and it was complete disaster

ah! Do you read One Piece?
    "Peace to the books of the world, an iron hammer to those who would abuse them..."

Eroge Danchou MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Xophien's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Heya Agrias, nice to see you settling in nod Can't say I'm a big lurker in the Naruto section but you shall see me sometimes in this thread because...

Ah, in that time I used to love Saint Seiya (this one was such a hit here in Brazil - even today, it´s more known and loved than Dragonball!), Sailormoon, Fushigi Yuugi, Ayashi no Ceres, Ah my Goddess, Macross (the first one, one of my favourite series until today), Slayers, DNA², Miyazaki´s works, Lodoss, Evangelion and muuuch more ;p
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrias
    Slayers. Kimagure Orange Road. Haruhi Suzumiya. Lucky Star
    That list's just too awesome I'll make you join my brigade >.> So a couple of questions... Sorry if there are too many^^;;

- Saint Seiya : Favorite Saint? (hope you won't pick Aldebaran only because he's Brazilian )
    - Macross : Favorite characters? Ever took a look at Macross Plus? Do you think that the upcoming series, Macross F, will be better than the last TV series Macross 7? (which shouldn't be hard, but well >.>)
    - Slayers : Favorite characters? If you've watched the OVAs, which is your favorite one?
    - Lodoss : Favorite characters? Which one would you choose, between cosplaying as Deedlit or as Pirotess?

I'll keep other questions for later, that's already a lot

This one is a classic...I still haven´t watched Innocence and Stand Alone Complex, though. ;/ I´m not really into sci-fi, but I liked this one a lot when I watched.
    Fujikomas
    Seeing your list of favorite animes, I have little doubts you wouldn't like either I strongly advise you the Stand Alone Complex series, if only because Tachikomas>Fuchikomas

Art by 双瀬 聖

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gluttony View Post
    ok here is a question, do you like to do any artistic stuff as a hobby and not as a job, i mean, like sculture or painting in your free time?
    Eba, você por aqui! #D

I was an arts student for 2 years, by the same time I started architecture. I ended by quitting the arts course, as both courses required much dedication and time. Architecture was my real goal, so i had to leave the arts course behind...maybe when I graduate I´ll continue it, to get a 2nd graduation ^^;

I like drawing a lot, it´s one of my favourite hobbys. I´m always drawing at boring classes, and people know me at the university as "that girl that´s always doodling those big eyes people" #D I collect all of those doodles at my deviantart gallery

I´m not very talented though. I´m not good on painting, nor colouring...
    (I used to make some interesting sculptures at class, but sculpting at home turns out to be kinda messy ;p )

Quote Originally Posted by kaylee View Post
    And I can't wait until we finally get back to Sasuke and Itachi!! (and maybe Naruto?)
    So I do. In fact, I really want to see the Uchiha reunion! I want Sasuke to get spanked real bad by Itachi or Madara. (So Sakura can come and heal every inch of his body, and produce cute nice little pink haired uchihas 10 minutes later. ;p)

Ah, and I hope Itachi is the real good boy of Akatsuki instead of Tobi. ;_;

ah! Do you read One Piece?
    That´s one more to my to-do list ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Xophien View Post
    - Saint Seiya : Favorite Saint? (hope you won't pick Aldebaran only because he's Brazilian )
    I hate Aldebaran, that ugly loser! #D My favourites are Hyoga, Shiryu, Kamus, Mino and Mu #D

I remember I was 10 when Saint Seiya 1st aired, and it became an instant hit. All the guys at school were fighting to see who would have the better saint, according to our zodiac sign. "Hah, I´m scorpio, did you see how much he owns?" "Hah, Aquarius is better!"
    And I only joined the discussions to say "Just wait! You´ll see that my Piscis will be the most powerful one!"
    What a disappointment. Everyone made fun of me. "SAINT FAAAG, YOU PISCIS!" :P

- Macross : Favorite characters? Ever took a look at Macross Plus? Do you think that the upcoming series, Macross F, will be better than the last TV series Macross 7? (which shouldn't be hard, but well >.>)
    Misa Hayase, one of my favourite heroines among all manga/anime. I despise Lynn MinMay. ;p
    I loved Macross Plus, in fact it was the only "sequel" that I liked.

As you said, anything is better than Macross 7. :~ I´m really curious about Macross F.[/QUOTE]

- Slayers : Favorite characters? If you've watched the OVAs, which is your favorite one?
    Lina > all #D But I love the entire cast ;~) Naga, Zel, Gourry...just can´t choose one.
    I´ve watched the OVAs a loong time ago..i remember liking them, but i don´t remember their titles^^ There was one with Lina, Naga and a fashion designer that was kinda silly, though. ;p

- Lodoss : Favorite characters? Which one would you choose, between cosplaying as Deedlit or as Pirotess?
    My favs are Parn, Deed and Pirotess #D
    For cosplaying? Hahah Pirotess is a lot cooler, but I don´t have that body, so I´d go with Deedlit #D

Tooons of work to be dooone, gotta get going ;~~ Keep on asking, this is so fun! ;D
    Last edited by Agrias; November 07, 2007 at 08:47 PM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

What is your idea of an ultimate life accomplishment? xD

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight View Post
    What is your idea of an ultimate life accomplishment? xD

I dunno ^^ Every time we accomplish a goal, we must set a bigger one next to keep on living, ne? ^^ Right now my biggest goal is to graduate and get a job. And marrying. #D
    And still be alive to see if Sasuke really returns

Eroge Danchou MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Xophien's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember I was 10 when Saint Seiya 1st aired, and it became an instant hit. All the guys at school were fighting to see who would have the better saint, according to our zodiac sign. "Hah, I´m scorpio, did you see how much he owns?" "Hah, Aquarius is better!"
    And I only joined the discussions to say "Just wait! You´ll see that my Piscis will be the most powerful one!"
    What a disappointment. Everyone made fun of me. "SAINT FAAAG, YOU PISCIS!" :P
    I can relate to that I'm born right between Gemini and Cancer, so my parents picked up Cancer as my zodiac sign (like my brother), but I switched to Gemini after that fiasco with Deathmask (;×_×) And I have to agree that poor lil' Aldebaran just kept getting his sorry arse kicked everytime^^;;

Quote Quote:
    Lina > all #D But I love the entire cast ;~) Naga, Zel, Gourry...just can´t choose one.
    There haven't been that many series where all the main characters are just that great, huh? (even if Lina is definitely above the rest, and my second favorite character ever ). Ever checked the novels?

Quote Quote:
    Misa Hayase, one of my favourite heroines among all manga/anime. I despise Lynn MinMay. ;p
    I loved Macross Plus, in fact it was the only "sequel" that I liked.

As you said, anything is better than Macross 7. :~ I´m really curious about Macross F.
    This just shows you have great tastes O(≧▽≦)O Misa>Lynn, Macross Plus>all the other sequels (partly because of the more than awesome soundtrack).

Alright, more questions then :
    - Suzumiya : Your favorite characters? If you had to take part in a brigade like the SOS-Dan, which role would you rather fit in? (leader, vice-leader, multi-purpose slave, bookworm, mascot or just side helper nyoro~n?)
    - Lucky Star : Favorite characters? Don't you think Konata x Kagami is one damn great pairing? (I had to ask that one )
    - FFT : Delita and Agrias, I guess? Don't you think that the last Delita x Ovelia scene after the credits of the game was just awesome? FFT had Cloud as a special character, and its PSP remake has Balthier from FFXII : if you could have picked any FF character to put as a special character in FFT, which one would it have been?

Art by 双瀬 聖

Queen of The Damned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Nami's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Agrias!!!

Welcome to quiz time!

Who's your favourite architect and why?
    What's the building that you will ever want to see (if its still around) and why?
    Do you read any shoujo or yaoi?

▲Away till end June. ▲

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Ever checked the novels?
    No...i don´t think they were translated in that time #D

Alright, more questions then :
    - Suzumiya : Your favorite characters? If you had to take part in a brigade like the SOS-Dan, which role would you rather fit in? (leader, vice-leader, multi-purpose slave, bookworm, mascot or just side helper nyoro~n?)
    I love Kyon. I wish I could take him and protect him from Haruhi´s abuses. #D I also like her...and Nagato. I don´t like Mikuru though, I usually hate that type of character ;p
    I think I´d be the multi-purpose slave like Kyon - I already am, at work. ;_;

- Lucky Star : Favorite characters? Don't you think Konata x Kagami is one damn great pairing? (I had to ask that one )
    Konata is my alterego. She is SO MUCH LIKE ME, that I can´t even believe, it feels like the author knew me haha #D When she speaks of buying 3 equal cards....i looked to my card collection and then...#D The constant MMO playing, MMO frienships and reaction to rare item drops... (although I had to stop playing, but my in-game friends are always tempting me ;_
    Even her friendship with Kagami, I have a "Kagami" in real life too. And...they have a cute friendship. I just can´t see it another way ^^;

-FFT : Delita and Agrias, I guess? Don't you think that the last Delita x Ovelia scene after the credits of the game was just awesome? FFT had Cloud as a special character, and its PSP remake has Balthier from FFXII : if you could have picked any FF character to put as a special character in FFT, which one would it have been?
    Noo! Mustadio and Agrias! They complete each other! #D
    Yeah, that Delita x Ovelia scene was fabulous. I almost cried #D
    If I could choose a character to put into FFT? I´d go with Terra, Setzer or Locke from FF6. They fit perfectly. #D

Quote Originally Posted by Nami View Post
    Agrias!!!

Welcome to quiz time!

Who's your favourite architect and why?
    It´s not because I´m brazilian, but I must say that Oscar Niemeyer > all. He doesn´t just draw buildings, he makes poetry ;~) Some critics bash him saying that his projects are beautiful, but not functional...but his buildings are functional for the things they are supposed to be used! What´s better than a museum that is a sculpture, an work of art itself?
    This year he´ll be 100 years old. And he´s STILL WORKING. He´s an example not only of love for architecture, but person.

Asides from him, I love Santiago Calatrava, Alvar Aalto and Frank Lloyd Wright. Wright is one of my biggest influences.

What's the building that you will ever want to see (if its still around) and why?
    I can´t die without visiting Brasilia (capital of Brazil, the first planned modern city of the world). All of Niemeyer´s best works are there...and the city itself is a piece of the history of architecture, i think it´s an example even abroad. I´m just waiting an opportunity to go there.

I´d love to visit the Opera House in Australia, Calatrava´s Tenerife Opera House, Fallingwater residence by Wright...and all the works by Antoine Gaudi. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention him, he was superb. Park Guell and the church of the sacred family...wow.

Do you read any shoujo or yaoi?
    I used to read magical girls shojo, like Sailormoon, Wedding Peach, Magic Knight Rayearth by Clamp, Fushigi Yuugi...now I´m starting to read Nana.

And I don´t like yaoi, i think I´m an exception =x Nothing against people who likes it, though

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I think every American architect is influenced by Frank Lloyd Wright in some way now.

And I don´t like yaoi, i think I´m an exception =x Nothing against people who likes it, though

Down with yaoi and yuri!

Have you ever visited Iguazu Falls?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member gluttony's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Eba, você por aqui! #D

Quote Quote:
    I like drawing a lot, it´s one of my favourite hobbys. I´m always drawing at boring classes, and people know me at the university as "that girl that´s always doodling those big eyes people" #D I collect all of those doodles at my deviantart gallery
    yey we have something in comon! but i also love painting. i love your drawings in devianART, but there is one eye there... omg!!! it's reallllyy amazing

do you travel a lot? have you ever come to portugal?

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight View Post
    Have you ever visited Iguazu Falls?
    Quote Originally Posted by gluttony View Post

do you travel a lot? have you ever come to portugal?
    I have a serious airplane phobia....and I don´t travel much because of it. ;p Call me crazy, but that´s it. ;_;
    I´ve never been abroad, and I only know 10 cities in Brazil, I think (Iguaçu falls not included ;_ ;p

When I moved from Rio to Fortaleza (3000km distance), everyone except me wanted to go by airplane. I made my father (and my dog =x) travel with me by car. The travel was supposed to be done in 3 days, but the car broke, my father became sick...and in the end, OUT CAR CAUGHT FIRE. We managed to save it thanks to some kind people.

When we finally got here, after 5 days, my mother and my sister appeared - safe and sound, after a comfortable 4 hours airplane travel.

But I do not regret it. Seriously. u_u

(I´ve already travelled by plane, many times. But is always terrifying to me. I´d travel by foot, by boat, by anything instead of a plane if I could. Yeah, I agree, I should see a psychologist.)

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, at least you guys had an adventure! Makes for fun memories (though I'm sure it was a nervous experience at the time!)

How did your car catch fire, though?

And my mom also has a plane phobia as well. The fact that the few times she does get on a plane to fly, there's always some landing problems, doesn't exactly help alleviate her fears...

I think for some people flying just isn't meant to be something they experience too much. I've never had problems aside from ear-popping and headache pains though.

What's the farthest car trip you've ever been on? Rio to Fortaleza?

New Reply
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast