Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Seniority of the SS Captains & Implications on Their Strength

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Seniority of the SS Captains & Implications on Their Strength

To put it simply:
    Old Yama,Shunsui,Ukitake,Unohana easily stated....(very Old captains)...
    Aizen,Tousen?,Mayuri became captains 100 years ago after the vaizard problem........
    All the others just from 50 to few years ago(Hitsugaya)......
    In the gaiden,same goes for Shinji and Yoruichi.....

Well Urahara is a single case.....and about Kuchiki Ginrei I have no clue,but is safe to assume that 100years before the pendulum he wasn't captain.HIs old appearance doesn't mean anything as we know....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How is it at all safe to assume 100 years before the pendulum arc Ginrei wasn't captain?

Your basing this off the assumption of the full haori vs. sleeveless haori, which in turn is the argument your trying to prove. So you assert that Ginrei couldn't have been a longstanding captain to prove the haori theory, but deep down the only reason you say that Ginrei couldn't have been a long standing captain is because you use the haori theory itself....

Do you see the circle? If you don't, your line of thought as presented so far:

Haori theory is correct->GInrei has a sleeveless haori->Ginrei therefore has not been a captain for a long time->further proving the haori theory is correct in your mind.

That aside, I completely forgot about Mayuri having a full haori, although it's likely he became a captain the same time as Aizen did, right after vizard incident.
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy01741 View Post
    How is it at all safe to assume 100 years before the pendulum arc Ginrei wasn't captain?

Your basing this off the assumption of the full haori vs. sleeveless haori, which in turn is the argument your trying to prove. So you assert that Ginrei couldn't have been a longstanding captain to prove the haori theory, but deep down the only reason you say that Ginrei couldn't have been a long standing captain is because you use the haori theory itself....

Do you see the circle? If you don't, your line of thought as presented so far:

Haori theory is correct->GInrei has a sleeveless haori->Ginrei therefore has not been a captain for a long time->further proving the haori theory is correct in your mind.

That aside, I completely forgot about Mayuri having a full haori, although it's likely he became a captain the same time as Aizen did, right after vizard incident.
    Kuoraku stated himself, ukitake, unohana and yama where the only remaining captains from the previos 100 year ago guard. That means at that time ginrei had been a captain for less than a 100 years.

Tousen also had the long sleve haori... Given the presented evidence I think the haori with or without sleeves is a personal decision.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh dang, I feel like a monumental idiot now...

My apologies to you Yans86.

Anyhow, I forgot that Tousen had a full haori as well. There's more than I remember, maybe it's time to go through the SS arc again. Urahara looks like even more of an outlier to the thoery now.

For the record, I don't actually believe in the theory, I think it's more of a personal preference thing.
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member poobert's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

would Tousen not have also been promoted after the Vizard incident? He used his bankai on the former captains, so he is certainly able to take one of their places.

If Uruhara's captaincy was taken by Mayuri. Shinji's by Aizen, then it leaves 3 empty captain seats (not including yorouichi). If tousen also took a spot that leaves 3 overall. All of these 3 should therefore have long sleeves.

But what about Soi Fon? She is old enough to have sleeves.... unless there were 3 captains that we do not know about who died recently.

This whole sleeve thing is a bit dodgy. (by the way, does anyone know the location of that table of time v captains and vc's of all the divisions)
    My blog. Not very interesting, but if you are bored and want to burn time, there are pages of junk to read!

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

WEll we can guess that Soi Fon,Gin and Byakuya became captains around the same time.In the end it was never stated that SoiFon was a VC at the time......probably she was only a seated officer......
    According to Rukia we know that at least Gin and Byakuya had this situation...
    Actually I always tought that at a certain point Ginrei, and other few captains(Isshin himself ???) were killed/heavily injured/forced away due to some Aizen action/hollow attack....cause seriously speaking,I don't get how GIn,SoiFon,Byakuya and Koma became captains around the same time!

Eddy,it's ok ,don't worry :-D

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Found some interesting reads related to this:
    http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_Events
    http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/User_bl...Ages_in_Bleach

I say we have a go at trying to put in order ALL the captains. Not just the current ones, but also the vizards, the traitors, the royal guard, etc. It can be adjusted as corrections need be made and stuff. As best I can tell based on info...

1. Shigekuni Yamamoto creates the Genji school 2100 years ago, presumably a captain at this point

2. Chōjirō Sasakibe masters Bankai 2000 years ago (only a vice-captain, but sounds very captainish, apparently offered captain position but refused)

3. Unohana Yachiru is 11th Division's captain between 1000 and 2000 years ago

4. 1000 years ago the mob-like "divisions" are transformed into the Gotei 13

**Unohana predates the Gotei as being a division captain) unsure who captains 2-9 were at the time. At some point Unohana switches from heading 11th to heading 3rd, presumably abandoning the Kenpachi/11 stuff instead of being killed for it. 8 Kenpachis follow her in leading the 11th prior to Kiganjo.

**Kirio Hikifune was captain of 12th until ~110 when she got promoted

**Hirako is captain of the 5th division

5. Rōjūrō Ōtoribashi becomes 3rd Division's captain 112 years ago

6. Gosuke Kiganjō kills 9th Kenpachi and becomes new Kenpachi and 11th Division's captain 110 years ago and some ago

7. Kisuke Urahara is officially appointed as 12th Division Captain 110 years and a bit ago

8. Zaraki kills 10th Kenpachi (Gosuke Kiganjo) to become the 11th Kenpachi and lead the 11th division. He and Ikkaku seem to know who Urahara is so this would mean they would have been around?

9. 101 years ago Urahara Kisuke and all the vizards lose their captain spots. At some point after this Mayuri becomes captain to take place as head of 12th, Tousen and Gin also become captains

10. Tōshirō Hitsugaya masters Bankai and becomes 10th Division's captain 9 to 20 years ago

I know there are a lot of holes and missing stuff. I think part of establishing when newer captains took office would be to identify when previous captains known to lead a squad left it, if we could identify a succession, perhaps with years in parenthesis regarding the changes.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tyciol View Post
    Found some interesting reads related to this:
    http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_Events
    http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/User_bl...Ages_in_Bleach

I say we have a go at trying to put in order ALL the captains. Not just the current ones, but also the vizards, the traitors, the royal guard, etc. It can be adjusted as corrections need be made and stuff. As best I can tell based on info...

1. Shigekuni Yamamoto creates the Genji school 2100 years ago, presumably a captain at this point

2. Chōjirō Sasakibe masters Bankai 2000 years ago (only a vice-captain, but sounds very captainish, apparently offered captain position but refused)

3. Unohana Yachiru is 11th Division's captain between 1000 and 2000 years ago

4. 1000 years ago the mob-like "divisions" are transformed into the Gotei 13

**Unohana predates the Gotei as being a division captain) unsure who captains 2-9 were at the time. At some point Unohana switches from heading 11th to heading 3rd, presumably abandoning the Kenpachi/11 stuff instead of being killed for it. 8 Kenpachis follow her in leading the 11th prior to Kiganjo.

**Kirio Hikifune was captain of 12th until ~110 when she got promoted

**Hirako is captain of the 5th division

5. Rōjūrō Ōtoribashi becomes 3rd Division's captain 112 years ago

6. Gosuke Kiganjō kills 9th Kenpachi and becomes new Kenpachi and 11th Division's captain 110 years ago and some ago

7. Kisuke Urahara is officially appointed as 12th Division Captain 110 years and a bit ago

8. Zaraki kills 10th Kenpachi (Gosuke Kiganjo) to become the 11th Kenpachi and lead the 11th division. He and Ikkaku seem to know who Urahara is so this would mean they would have been around?

9. 101 years ago Urahara Kisuke and all the vizards lose their captain spots. At some point after this Mayuri becomes captain to take place as head of 12th, Tousen and Gin also become captains

10. Tōshirō Hitsugaya masters Bankai and becomes 10th Division's captain 9 to 20 years ago

I know there are a lot of holes and missing stuff. I think part of establishing when newer captains took office would be to identify when previous captains known to lead a squad left it, if we could identify a succession, perhaps with years in parenthesis regarding the changes.

Where did you get the chronology before 1000 years ago ? In particular, how did you get the dates -2100 and -2000 years for items 1. and 2. ?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

The first post is really weird....
    The seniors are Yama, Uno, Iki and Shun in the exect order....
    All other captains were captain;s for max 100 years.... well now 102 since the timeskip with Byakuya and Gin only around 50.
    The same goes for the Visoreds and Yoru who all vere captains for less than a century...
    If enyone can be aded as sennior due to age It will be Zaraki since he needs to have at the very least 600 years amybe even around 1000 and maybe Mayuri since he have some conection with Shutara.... but the both became captains in the last century....

Who even base seniorit on the sleeves of a haori? Urahara had long ones from the begining.... Its just all depends of what they want.... I prefer the one with long ones.... look cooler

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3