Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed

Thread: If Urahara accompanied Ichigo in the SS arc

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Urahara accompanied Ichigo in the SS arc

I always wondered why Urahara didn't go to SS arc. I mean, yea they would spot him, recognize him and try to get rid of him, but he had to know that Ichigo would be put into that situation when he invaded and he knew the strength of the captains there so why wouldn't he at least accompany them? Yea Yoruichi was there but in Ichigo's case she arrived at the last minuted to save him from death.

But anyway, let's imagine what it would be like if Urahara went.

-Aizen wouldn't expect it
    -Gin confronts them as Aizen planned but runs into Urahara and Urahara pwnz him (I seriously don't think Gin would stand a chance against Urahara; Urahara wouldn't kill him because he's not like that)
    -There is high alert when they find out that Gin was so badly pwned and that Urahara is behind it
    -They don't need Kukaku and her flower canon
    -Kenpachi, Renji and Byakuya would confront them and both get pwned by Urahara and Yoruichi (and I mean pwned badly)
    -Yama-jii would probably have to intervene himself, but Kyoraku and Ukitake would be hesitant especially with Aizen's plan (including the rumor started that fueled Ukitake's destruction of the execution bird) going into play
    -Urahara may be able to stop Aizen from succeeding in obtaining the Hyogoku

These are just things I think would happen if Urahara had gone with them. But what do you guys think?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member EvolutionIX's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: If Urahara accompanied Ichigo in the SS arc

He couldnt go because he was exiled and in the anime (not sure about the manga) it showed him getting 'electricuted' when he tried to go through the portal.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted TheChosenOne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The portal blocked him from entering SS cuz , him being exiled. http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/70/17/

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member akatsuki27's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah like the guys above me said, he is exiled, unable to return....well, thats the end of this thread it seems
    Aah, bring my rape shoes...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus-Tails View Post
    -Aizen wouldn't expect it
    -Gin confronts them as Aizen planned but runs into Urahara and Urahara pwnz him (I seriously don't think Gin would stand a chance against Urahara; Urahara wouldn't kill him because he's not like that)
    -There is high alert when they find out that Gin was so badly pwned and that Urahara is behind it
    -They don't need Kukaku and her flower canon
    -Kenpachi, Renji and Byakuya would confront them and both get pwned by Urahara and Yoruichi (and I mean pwned badly)
    -Yama-jii would probably have to intervene himself, but Kyoraku and Ukitake would be hesitant especially with Aizen's plan (including the rumor started that fueled Ukitake's destruction of the execution bird) going into play
    -Urahara may be able to stop Aizen from succeeding in obtaining the Hyogoku
    Even if urahara was able to go into SS, he wouldnt have gone anyway. He is like many elder people from the generation before the current one: meaning he is strong he is smart but at that moment there is no one strong enough to match his own power.
    I am trying to say even if urahara went along and did fight everyone that might be able to beat ichigo and would have defeated them, Ichigo was still only at officer level and couldnt have beaten zaraki (this would actualy be a good thing for ichigo since zaraki wants a rematch~~) and byakuga. The whole intention urahara was making ichigo and his friends be at equal grounds with SS (wich in they succeeded).
    It is to easy to just go along beat everything (without much trouble), where would have been the fun off that in the series?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member radical3113's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

alright so he was exiled and unable to go throught the portal but this is just a what-if-discussion so lets discuss.

if he could go through the portal he would definitely have gone the hogyoku was in rukia he would have been the first one through. but think about this : i dont think he would have gone round beating everyone up. yoruichi was more than a match for gin she could have handled him with ease but didnt (yes she was in cat form and would have been naked but she could have changed forms before heading off)she also made a fool out of byakua evading him, then tricking him to think she got cut down, WHILST carrying ichigo. and lets not forget durring the ss archive byakua was top dog.

come to think of it yoruichi didnt purposley pwn anyone, she only played around with soifon for a bit then overwhelmed her with reatsu. since yoruichi is the closest to urahara and grew up with him, and is usually around him, she is probably closely matched to him power-wise, yet she avoided ppl rather than pwning, if urahara was able to go through his senkai gate he probably would have done the same thing.

i think a better question is why didnt he go to hueco mondo seeing as he's not banned from there, instead he mumbled some crap about having something to do and sent ichi 'n' co on their suicide mission.why didnt yoruichi go with them she didnt have "something to do", she would have owned every espada she bumped into ( except if she bumped into the top 3 then it would have been a bit more interesting)

another good question is when renji and rukia snuck out of ss and into hm, why didnt renji go and get ikkaku and yumichka , some ryuumon hoozkimaru would have been useful, along with yumichka's reiatsu sucking shikai.

but i think the answers are: if urahara went to ss ichi wouldnt have learned bankai( that was OBVIOUSLY planned by urahara) if yoroichi went to hm they would have probably not bumped into nel. (maybe coz they would have owned those two initial adjucas and covered more ground)
    Who the Tobi am I?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of Yumichika, I really want to see him fight Espada. If he goes bankai and his bankai is anything similar to his shikai, all hell will break loose.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

zeus.......dude ......come on.......dont be like that .......that was way off topic man.

by the way i was thinking this thread should probably be renamed to "what if urahara wasn't banned from ss" that would probably sit better.
    Who the Tobi am I?

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    another good question is when renji and rukia snuck out of ss and into hm, why didnt renji go and get ikkaku and yumichka , some ryuumon hoozkimaru would have been useful, along with yumichka's reiatsu sucking shikai.
    they went back into the portal to the human world the second they were in SS, they just didnt have the time to get more pple but themselves...

Quote Quote:
    i think a better question is why didnt he go to hueco mondo seeing as he's not banned from there, instead he mumbled some crap about having something to do and sent ichi 'n' co on their suicide mission.why didnt yoruichi go with them she didnt have "something to do", she would have owned every espada she bumped into ( except if she bumped into the top 3 then it would have been a bit more interesting)
    answerd this in my post already, its pretty common to have the youth fight and the elders enjoying at the sidelines

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Regardless of whether he was banned or not, I doubt he would have actually gone with Ichigo. I think he was testing Ichigo further and maybe overall wanting him to become stronger. It is similar to the situation when Urahara put Ichigo into that pit to test him to get his shinigami powers back and become stronger. It was a high probable chance that would he become a hollow and they would have to kill him, but he overcame it.

By sending Ichigo into SS, Urahara was again thrusting Ichigo into the pit with a high probable chance of death but wanted to see if he could overcome it. If Urahara had gone, it would have been much easier for Ichigo, but he usually just gives Ichigo enough help to get him in the right direction. He only helps Ichigo when he really needs it. Perhaps Urahara is preparing him for something much bigger because he knows something major is going to happen and knows Ichigo won't be ready if he is holding his hand all the time.

And you know, I'm curious if he faked the electrical current. Used it as an excuse to not go.
    And what is also interesting is that Yoruichi hasn't been exiled along with Urahara for helping him escape.

I'm willing to bet he is quite the Puppet Master.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I never noticed. Wasn't Yoruichi exiled along with Urahara? Didn't Soi Fon say that? If so, how come she passed through no problem? Interesting.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KyleUchiha View Post
    And you know, I'm curious if he faked the electrical current. Used it as an excuse to not go.
    And what is also interesting is that Yoruichi hasn't been exiled along with Urahara for helping him escape.

I'm willing to bet he is quite the Puppet Master.
    they had already left when he tested the gate and got shocked, there was no one around for him to fool.

Yea, I never noticed. Wasn't Yoruichi exiled along with Urahara? Didn't Soi Fon say that? If so, how come she passed through no problem? Interesting.
    yoruichi wasnt exiled she just up and left. soifon says this herself, then soifon becomes a crybaby and says why didnt u take me with u and blah blah blah.
    Who the Tobi am I?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But you'd think they would exile the person that left with another person who is exiled (essentially turning her back on the Soul Society).

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

But you'd think they would exile the person that left with another person who is exiled (essentially turning her back on the Soul Society).
    that would have been decided after yoruichi would have left not at the same time, everyone in SS thought Yoruichi was dead until the minute she showed herself against byakuga and ukitake.

Thread Closed