Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kindaichi Case Files by Kanari Youzaburou & Satou Fumiya

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kindaichi Case Files by Kanari Youzaburou & Satou Fumiya

As a mega-fan, I thought I'd open up this thread.

This is a great series. It's my favorite genre, and favorite category in that genre (locked room mysteries). I like to think I'm even responsible for turning the once-sketchy Wikipedia article into what it is today. I love it! Feel free to discuss why you love it too!

As a mystery fan, I thought I'd start off by giving my opinions of the ones I've read or seen. I'll use spoiler tags to hide my review section so this post isn't too long, but you may feel free to click this first spoiler tag without being, well, spoiled! After that, though, it's at your own risk! (I put in my possibly-spoilery comments in spoiler tags in each section so those who feel inclined can read just the ones they've already read - I'll try not to be too direct even then, though)

Spoiler show

Whew.

I'd like to see more fans speak up! Maybe together we can see more of the New Cases that TokyoPop refuses to give us! At the very least we can put some good discussion into the series, which search tells me hasn't happened on this board in a long while!

Join us!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Frown Re: Kindaichi Case Files - Everything!!!

I really like this series and to be honest I like it better than Detective Conan but people can't be bothered scanlating or subbing anything kindaichi-like lately. If I could get a hold of some raws for wither the manga or the anime I'll try translate them even though my japanese isn't that good. Unfortunately it's quite hard to get a hold of things.

In fact as a mystery lover, I love this series!!!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Toku's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kindaichi Case Files - Everything!!!

i know were u can get Detective Academy Q scas if want.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Apologies if it was wrong of me to "resurrect" this thread, but I wanted to continue with my reviews from my first post.

Spoiler show

Also, I found out that TokyoPop, in some VERY recent sources, implies that there will be 27 volumes of Kindaichi! That covers the entire second series as well! I suppose it's too much to ask for to hope that they have the third series, considering they said they'd not even have the second. And it's still uncertain whether this bit of news is just an error. But still, there's hope!

(Someone in a blog suggested that fans make a push, if necessary, to make Kindaichi one of TokyoPop's online mangas. I'd be willing to do that if need be!)

One more issue: it seems that one of the Kindaichi stories borrowed heavily (in terms of solution) from a highly popular Japanese mystery novel of the late Eighties. Is this a common thing? It's not technically stealing, but I feel uncomfortable with it, if only for the obvious reason that I don't like finding out the solution to TWO mysteries by reading just one!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Kindaichi as well! I'm a BIG,BIG MYSTERY LOVER!

Too bad they only subbed like 14 episodes of the series, but I'm so buying the manga right now!

Kindaichi is one of the only good mystery mangas out there. Detective Conan is other good one. Detective Academy Q is awesome too, but it is also not getting scanlated anymore...Does anyone know any other mystery manga?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kindaichi Case Files by Kanari Youzaburou & Satou Fumiya

I'm hoping that since I resurrected once, I can do it again.

I recently discovered a place I could purchase Kindaichi in Japanese. However, I don't have a scanner. Would there be any value to buying them anyway, as potential raws in the future?

Also, anyone know for sure whether TokyoPop's officially dropped the title or not?

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member haya5h1's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Kindaichi's actually one of those rare series that is available as a bilingual edition, published by Kodansha. They're worth looking out for. I saw them in Singapore's Kinokuniya this past weekend.

And I don't think that Tokyopop has dropped it; it's just that they do entire story arcs in one volume, so they may take a little longer to release.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I've been looking for the bilingual editions, but I haven't found any yet. How far in do they go? I assume all the way through the series, since I know they've done really recent stories in that form too?

As for the potential raws, I just realized that if I scan them, I'd have to "read them," and I'd see who the killer is before I could understand the story. I don't think I want to do that.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, sorry, the bilingual editions only go up to Amakusa Treasure Hunt (Treasure Isle in TokyoPop I think?) so far. With the English licensor so far ahead already, Kodansha may see no point in continuing the bilingual releases.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Kindaichi comic fans download

need help....
    i'am a fans of kindaichi files comic, where can i gets this scanlated version???

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kindaichi comic fans download

Uhm, uhm... let me merge your post with the Kindaichi thread first >.>

The manga is only scanlated up to chapter 3. Maybe someone else knows more about getting access to the bilingual version? This manga is on my wishlist since a long time as well.
    Last edited by eni; January 03, 2009 at 05:23 PM.

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I've been able to find out, Tokyopop is the furthest ahead of anybody.

As for getting the bilingual editions, you should be able to order them through Kinokuniya, but as I mentioned, they only have six volumes out so far... they keep reprinting them so they may show 2007 publishing dates, but the last new one actually came out in 1998, I think.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner AleximusMaximus's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I can find some1 to translate them if there's RAW's, because she is a fan of this series!

Yep she does it if there's the raws of this... LINK
    Last edited by AleximusMaximus; January 07, 2009 at 07:02 AM.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

So are there any scanlations of kindaichi?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but not much that TokyoPop hasn't done already; all I've seen (online, at least) are the first two volumes of the New Kindaichi restart.

I really want to know what'll happen, and what CAN happen, now that TokyoPop's apparently abandoned it.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast