Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 221 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Shounen Jump (Shounen Mag by Shueisha) [Archive 2008 and older]

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate Weekly Shounen Jump (Shounen Mag by Shueisha) [Archive 2008 and older]

Spoiler: Weekly Shounen Jump Scan Dump! (2008) show

Spoiler: Weekly Shounen Jump Scan Dump! (2007) show

TOC stands for Table of Contents. Each week, a certain guy from 2ch writes out TOC for the following week's Jump. TOC order is usually based on polling result of readers, thus you will know how your favorite series are doing based on the order.

Some exceptions etc:
    - Pyu to fuku Jaguar is always at the last.
    - Kochi Kame is usually at the last, too.
    - For the 2nd-8th chapters, TOC is already decided, though it could change depends on readers' ranking.
    - The TOC is affected by the popularity of 8 chapter ago.
    - Shuei-sha's aiming their main target as elementary and junior high school students, thus, their votes weigh probably more than others (fangirls).

=====

Titles that ended after...
    Under 15 weeks: 64 titles. Porta, Puuyan, Shugoshin
    16-27 weeks: 56 titles. Tsugihagi, Kirhoushi, Kain
    28-48 weeks (less than a year): 17 titles. Beshari, Waqwaq, Gedoh
    49-96 weeks (1-2 years): 18 titles. Takaya, Busou Renkin, Pretty Face
    97-144 weeks (2-3 years): 13 titles. Death Note, Raipaku (second arc), I''s
    145-192 weeks (3-4 years): 12 titles. Ichigo 100%, Black cat, Hikaru no Go (first arc)
    193-240 weeks (4-5 years): 6 titles. Mr. Fullswing, Whistle!, Rukizu
    More than 241 weeks (more than 5 years): Shaman King, Jojo, Yu-gi-oh!

=====

Jump TOC order on the second chapter:
    Muhyo to Rosie - 4 (15)
    Beshari Gurashi - 4 (gone)
    Neuro - 4 (17)
    Yuuto - 5 (gone)
    Kain - 5 (gone)
    Toloveru - 5 (10)
    Takaya - 6 (gone)
    Kirihoushi - 7 (gone)
    Poruta - 7 (gone)
    Tsugihagi - 7 (gone)
    Penguin - 7 (9)
    Mieru Hito - 8 (18) <- in danger!?
    Murasame-kun - 9 (19) <- in danger!?
    Mx0 - 10 (16) <- in danger!?
    Mote King - 10 (12)
    Over Time - 13 (13)

* Numbers in the parenthesis are the current TOC order (2006-34).

[br]Posted on: August 29, 2006, 02:26:11 AM_________________________________________________Since it was going off topic in Zan thread, I made this instead...

Quote Quote:
    Issue 40 TOC

Eyeshield 21, color, all star fan popularity poll
    One Piece
    Naruto
    Bleach
    D.Gray-man
    Penguin
    Reborn
    Zan
    Taizo
    Gintama
    Over Time
    Kochi Kame
    Hitomi no Katoburepasu by Tanaka Yasunori, one shot, 45 pages
    Neuro
    To-LOVE-Ru
    Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
    Muhyo to Rosie
    Mieru Hito
    Mx0
    Murasame-kun
    Jaguar

D.Gray-man Anime
    - Additional cast: Ravi - Suzumura Ken'ichi
    - OP: abingdon boys school

Death Note Anime
    - Starts from October 3, 24:56pm
    - Cast:
    Light: Miyano Mamoru (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamoru_Miyano)
    L: Yamaguchi Kappei (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kappei_Yamaguchi)

Renkin Anime
    - Starts from October 4, 25:00pm

Reborn Anime
    - TBD

Issue 41 TOC
    One Piece, color
    Neuro, color
    TEAM MADE, one shot, 45 pages
    Jump 5 super gag hero will be on a collaboration manga, 9 pages
    Quote Originally Posted by koenosaki
    Hmmmm.... zan is n°7 now in ToC, it is just near the popular manga like naruto, bleach,... And D. Gray-man has risen up a lot too. But what To Love-ru. Man I do not get anything of that ToC? For some manga they always stay on their place. But muhyo and to love-ru who were at the top are now below...

Hurray for zan, for getting in the top
    People over at 2ch says D.Gray-man's on top because of its Anime push, and Tora was replaced with D.Gray's position. Some other people say Tora was low because the author had 4 color pages + cover + poster in past couple of weeks and it's amazing that the author made it to the deadline... Some say this week's Tora might be too ecchi xD Some other say Tora and Zan was shuffled because Shuei-sha wants to push Zan a little to see if it boosts up the popularity a little. Zan's TOC location hasn't been affected by the popularity yet, since the popularity won't take place unitl around issue 43 (ch9). (We'll be getting issue 40 this week.) Popularity of OT will be affected from around issue 42.

I personally thing Tora's low because PTA attacked Shuei-sha XD (At least I know one of my proofreaders had to quit proofreading Tora because of parents...)
    Last edited by Akiyama; January 31, 2010 at 10:26 PM.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jump TOC Talk

By Tora you mean To-LOVE-Ru right?

Edit: Nevermind I looked it up: Tora and Toraburu are other names associated with it.

And I hope Mieru Hito doesn't get dropped because I was just getting into it. Plus, why was Tsugihagi dropped? Just unpopularity?

Plus, where on 2ch do you go for these discussions? I always have a hell of a time navigating that site.

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄) 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity njt's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ocean interesting read
    Serizawa: But it's really heartwarming to see such good guys - perhaps not as good as we wanted, translation-wise, but their hearts are already grade A
    If you see a mistake in my translations, let me know! Thanks Click a frog to see my Resume!!

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted destinator's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah cool so DGM is getting a bit more popular now? Would be awesome!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    More than 241 weeks (more than 5 years): Shaman King, Jojo, Yu-gi-oh!
    Those titles ended cuz of lower popularity? >_< i didnt think there was much more you could do w/ Yu-gi-oh! (I mean i know there is Yugioh! R and G/X now but i didnt think there was more for the mangaka to do >.<) Shaman king i knew and Jojo dosnt shock me >.< i mean it ran for a long time ><
    TVFanOnline the podcasting home for all your television needs from Soaps to Primetime hits and even movies TFO is your one stop shop for all your TV Related podcast needs

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member La_Muerte's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

interesting, i saw this in ur forum the other day, i beleive that Zan and Overtime will hold on for some time, when they get more interesting people will like them more, and about Tora i believe that it is because its a little too ecchii for the youngins.

Get Zan http://kamikaze.dreamhosters.com/
    Quote Quote:
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Ayah's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Very informative post, ocean. I've heard about placement in TOC = popularity before but you expounded it. About DGM and Tora swaping places, I agree that Tora is too ecchi. Seeing some of the earlier naughty scenes first as spoiler pictures can make you think "Wait, this is from Shounen Jump?". Also, as a newly converted DGM fan, I think the anime announcement has its effect on the placement. I know Kochi Kame is really old but why is Pyu to fuku Jaguar always last?

On a side note, thanks for the DGM and DN cast update. I'm squealing inside about it (mostly centered around Rabi/Ravi/Lavi though), even if I don't know if your information is reliable. That's two cast members (Suzumura and Miyano) in Ouran High School Host Club I see!

<3 glasskatana for the sig
    Tayo na sa Sineskwela Pinoy Hangout Thread v.16!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Great....L is going to either sound like Usopp or Kudo Shinichi .....

ToLoveru better not have its ecchi toned down....I like it

As always though, can't wait for the One Piece Color Spread, I know it'll be amazing

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member La_Muerte's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ayah
    I know Kochi Kame is really old but why is Pyu to fuku Jaguar always last?
    i think its cause its just to complete the pages, plus from wat ive heard the chapters are only like 5 pages, if im right then i think this is the answer

Get Zan http://kamikaze.dreamhosters.com/
    Quote Quote:
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0
    Plus, where on 2ch do you go for these discussions? I always have a hell of a time navigating that site.
    http://etc4.2ch.net/wcomic/subback.html > Search on 打ち切り > Search on ◆XvcCOpYEZY (the guy you trust).

Also, to find raw, read here: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index....0267#msg100267

Quote Originally Posted by njt
    Thanks Ocean interesting read
    I just copied it from elsewhere :P

Quote Originally Posted by ssjohn
    Those titles ended cuz of lower popularity? >_<
    I think 5 years is long enough... Probably you can tell if the title was discontinued or ended as planned by reading it, right? (Though for Death Note, they say they ended as planned but I feel like it was discontinued...)

Quote Originally Posted by Ayah
    On a side note, thanks for the DGM and DN cast update. I'm squealing inside about it (mostly centered around Rabi/Ravi/Lavi though), even if I don't know if your information is reliable. That's two cast members (Suzumura and Miyano) in Ouran High School Host Club I see!
    I'm more surprised to see L (or was it Light?) is voiced by same VA as Monta from Eyeshield 21. ... Though I don't know any anime voice anyway ^^;

About Kochi Kame, it was called "sanzu no kawa (river of three hells)," and whatever listed after Kochi Kame are in danger of getting discontinued. Though, Kochi Kame just had huge anniversary or something and its position is rather shifted up lately.

As for Jaguar, yeah, what ヒューゴ said. It always doesn't have full 19 pages of regular Jump, and I think it's like... a omake manga in the end of magazines >.>; Happens often, I think?

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work Ocean -> /me understands ToC more then ever...

So my hopes are: one that the new ones over time, zan, To Love-ru and mxo will stay in shounen jump. Mieru Hito may not be dropped for sure. It is so good imo, the arcs are getting interesting and new evil characters appear. I hope the author will get some new guides in it too. The way miyoujin used his new technique (like ssj- hair colour changed but then reverse -> was going black) was cool. For me the art is certainly even towards bleach (maybe imo even better). As you can see I am a mieru hito-fan.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ocean
    http://etc4.2ch.net/wcomic/subback.html > Search on 打ち切り > Search on ◆XvcCOpYEZY (the guy you trust).

Also, to find raw, read here: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index....0267#msg100267
    Spoiler hunting seems simple enough, all you really need to know is how to translate. But the whole raw hunting part is confusing. I understand searching through the different uploaders at http://www.1rk.net , but is it really as hit an miss as searching through the ones with "vip" in the name? Because that seems like it would take for hours.

Also searching through http://anime.2ch.net/comicnews/subback.html and using "週刊少年" to search didn't seem to yield anything for me when I tried it. When I say it didn't yield anything for me, I mean that there were no links to uploaders or sites with zips.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, Yamaguchi Kappei as L - I certainly didn't see that one coming. His voice is a lot more in tune with young and brash boys than the calculating kind of personality that L has. Kappei will always be Ranma/Inuyasha/Usopp to me, and I don't like his voice as Monta in ES21 - although that's primarily because that anime is a horrible rendition of the manga.

Also looks like Eyeshield 21 has decided to take over Naruto's #2 spot - very reflective of the decline in Naruto's quality and thus popularity for the past year.

I'd like to see more of Reborn. ocean, is KEFI ever gonna drop it?

I don't really understand why Mx0 is in danger, as I like it quite a bit. I don't really enjoy Overtime, Zan, Neuro, Muhyo&Rouji, nor Bobobo. I wonder what that Penguin thing is about?
    [size=12pt]<br />Want to give back to the community? Visit The Academy.[/size]

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinwei
    I'd like to see more of Reborn. ocean, is KEFI ever gonna drop it?
    As long as the project leader (translator) wants to do it, we won't drop it, I guess. In other words, even if KEFI drops it, the translators+editors will continue working on it (and form a new group if needed).

Penguin is ... just filled with jokes... *don't remember much about it any more* I wish it was a story about penguins. I was so looking forward to it, for me loving penguin so much

MH Senpai 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Weekly Shonen Jump #42

Kochi Kame (Cover/Color)
    One Piece - 427
    Bleach - 243
    ES21 - 201
    Naruto - 323
    Kochi Kame(Center Color Poster)
    Neuro - 77
    REBORN! - 113
    Penguin - 30
    D. Gray-man - 90
    Gintama - 133
    Bobobo-bo - 36
    OVER TIME - 9
    Prince of Tennis - 316 (Series Return)
    To Love-ru - 20
    Taizo - 56
    Zan - 07
    Mx0 - 19
    Muhyo to Rosie - 86
    Murusame-kun - 21
    Mieru Hito (Series End)
    Jaguar - 256

Jump #43

P2!-Let's Play Pingpong!(New Series 54 Pages) Ejiri Tatsuma (Table Tennis Manga - Huzzah!)

Jump #44

HAND'S (New Series) Itakura Takeshi (You may remember the One Shot from not too long ago)

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 221 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast