Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 LastLast

Thread: Psyren by Iwashiro Toshiaki

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

I've been wondering...it is fairly possible for Psyren to get an anime isn't it?

I mean once Medaka Box gets an anime, JUMP won't have anything else to animate until Enigma and that wouldn't be another couple of years. Even if Kuroko no Basket gets an anime, there would still be a pretty big gap between that and Enigma, and JUMP usually puts out a few anime adaptions of their series this year. I know that they don't consider the international audience much, but if it sells well over in the states perhaps it will be up for consideration.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

One never really knows... Death Note is an example of an anime that came after the manga ended, so it's not like impossible for an anime to happen after a manga is already finished. Chances are slimmer, but it's not impossible!

But in response to your point itself, if you consider the new seasons of NuraMago and Bakuman that are coming some time next year, as well as Toriko, Sket Dance (etc? Can't remember) that newly got anime, I think that's enough of "new" anime coming from Jump next year. Either way, I don't think there's really a quota...

Maybe if there are a lot of fan letters demanding an anime, or the sales of the latest volumes improve or something, that might be an impetus. Doubt they consider the international audience at all - we're not supposed to even be able to watch the anime (save for official subs/dubs that take ages)

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

An Anime would be good and it is still possible to get a series for Psyren, but to be honest, it would require that they have a lot of other series that bomb, then they would dust it off the shelf and do an anime.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys! Have a low-quality picture of the light novel. Saw some comments about it so I decided to look it up.

Spoiler show

Another advert?

Last edited by Waveblade; February 19, 2011 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Vankazen's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

So the last cover of Psyren (16) is gonna be photo-style, as light novel and volume 16 go together. Sweet.

7. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hai_Priesty's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Vankazen,
    Where was join Vol16-Novel cover stated..... did I miss some words of advert? ^_^;
    (Though even without them telling some of us would be speculating this.)

By the way the ad also stated the novel will be filled with lots of drawings (of course) and comes with Pin up too. They also mention there'll be another "Double Amamiya" fic inside.

(I'm personally awaiting Kuroko Novel equally eagerly though. And both get published same day to boot. =P)

Edit : Kabuto..... I wonder if he becomes a battlefield cameramen like his Uncle 10 years on.
    Last edited by hai_Priesty; February 20, 2011 at 11:22 AM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Vankazen's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shedge View Post
    Best I can make of it:
    "2nd Light Novel to be released March 4th!!"
    "PSYREN another call 2 Your Future is in Your Hands"
    "Combine the covers of Volume 16 and Light Novel!!"
    Previous page

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

330 :名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい:2011/03/02(水) 18:09:52.60 ID:OGTYlaY40
    神保町言ったらコミックはなかったけど小説あったから購入
    ネタバレしていいのか分からないから詳しい内容は言わないけど
    完結編として充分すぎる内容、全体的に伏線回収やら後日談に終始してるせいで
    ダブル雨宮さんの話だけ浮きすぎワロタw

あと武智刑事メインの話あり

spoiler? Guy mentions buying volume?

12. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It says something about a guy buying the final volume...and something about a possible sequel?! It would be interesting if that was the case since it could mean that my dream of an anime adaption may not be too far-fetched.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

My take is that sequel is not that likely

神保町言ったらコミックはなかったけど小説あったから購入
    This poster's bookstore doesn't carry Psyren manga but he's gotten the Novel -
    ネタバレしていいのか分からないから詳しい内容は言わないけど
    完結編として充分すぎる内容、全体的に伏線回収やら後日談に終始してるせいで
    ダブル雨宮さんの話だけ浮きすぎワロタw
    The Novel content is enough to call itself the Psyren ending, starting from tying up all plot lines hanging, a scene from where protagonists talks about the aftermath....... but the attention catching section of the Novel was the one of Double Amamiya
    あと武智刑事メインの話あり
    And there is also a chapter of the Detective (the same one that our main Psyren Manga "forcefully forget" in cancellation).

........Perhaps, this is my final Psyren spoiler trans?

Edit!
    Ahh no way ^o^

I though about checking the 2ch and indeed -
    245 :名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい:2011/03/02(水) 18:23:50.44 ID:OGTYlaY40
    本スレでも報告したけどこっちで詳しく報告
    挿絵は1巻と量は大体同じくらい
    "I've talked about it in main thread but I'll say here again =
    The amount of Illustration is about the same as Novel 1"

ピンナップは女キャラ大集合+そこにいる雨宮さんを見て引いてるアゲハのジャンプにも載ってた絵
    もう一つはダブル雨宮さんに挟まれてるアゲハ爆発しろ
    "Pinup has full girl cast + Ageha looking at Amamiya (the one we sai in Jump)
    And I wanna say to Ageha, getting suqqezed in the centre between the 2 Amamiyas - DIE!"

10年経ってるのに全く老けてないドリフト組には突っ込まざるをえない
    "I want to do a Tsukkomi on the Drifters - how come they don't age at all after 10 years!"

247 :名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい:2011/03/02(水) 19:59:07.27 ID:XsrqjvYLO
    挿し絵も詳しく教えてくだ才
    247 : Pls tell us what the illustrations are!

248 :名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい:2011/03/02(水) 21:05:52.05 ID:/EzbYz4d0
    >>247
    フブキとイアンの結婚式を祝うアゲハ達
    水着のアゲハとW雨宮さん
    制服でサキソフォンを吹くミスラ
    岩場で談笑するジュナスとカプリコ
    その他諸々って感じです。
    >>247
    Fubuki and Ian's wedding with Ageha & all
    Double Amamiya & Ageha in swinsuit
    Mithura playing the saxophone, wearing a uniform
    Junas and Caprico chating at the cliff, and more

249 :名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい:2011/03 /02(水) 21:13:09.46 ID:afDuA9gm0
    え、もう買えたのか。うらやま
    一応全員登場した?チルドレンとか07号さんとか武智さんとか
    07号どうしてた?
    You all already manage to obtain a copy? I'm jealous!
    Everyone has cameo? What happens to 07 and children and that detective - especially 07?

252 :名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい:2011/03/02(水) 21:19:40.16 ID:/EzbYz4d0
    >>249
    すまん。まだ全部読んでないんだ…
    とりあえず挿絵でみんな出てる。
    報われるシャオ、報われない飛龍。
    >>249
    Sorry but I haven't complete reading.....
    Everyone's out of the illustrations though.
    Shao finally gets requited somewhat and Hiryuu never gets requited. (hai_Priesty: !!?!!!!!!!)

Oh in now.
    58 :名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい:2011/03/02(水) 22:33:37.67 ID:afDuA9gm0
    07号は?あと、サイレン世界の描写はなかった?
    簡単にストーリー教えてくれないか
    What about 07? Was the Psyren world mentioned?
    Somehow pls talk about the backbone of this story?

259 :名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい:2011/03/02(水) 22:39:26.47 ID:/EzbYz4d0
    >>258
    エピソード1は10年後の後日談。
    アゲハと雨宮は海外を旅してる。ランは小児科医。
    マリーはシャオの気持ちには気付いてたらしい。
    >>258
    The Episode was everyone 10 years
    Ageha was touring overseas with Amamiya. Lan become a pediatrician.
    Marie seemed to notice how Shao feels about her.

2はアゲハとW雨宮のデート。ノリは1巻と同じ感じ。
    アビス「当ててんのよ」
    Second story was Ageha's Double date with Amamiyas. The flow was a little like Volume 1.
    Abyss : That's why you fail!

Comments :
    1. Shao!!! Omedetou!!! Marie, please be happy with him! XD XD
    (This is probably the first time my favourite pairing ever to have chance of becoming Canon! ^o^)
    2. Mithura is in illustration? Is the girl alive!?
    Last edited by hai_Priesty; March 02, 2011 at 09:01 AM.

15. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been seeing rumours that Iwashiro might have a one shot (For a new series?) in the NEXT magazine or something.

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Was there ever a one shot he made of Psyren before any Debut or any other one shots that he made?

I couldn't find any information aside for the fact he was the author of Mieru Hito.
    Aside for that, I wish that what you say is not accurate since I believe that having a manga in WS Magazine would much more fit his kind of writing, if I'm not mistaken it has the most "adult" viewers(17+) of the 3 top weekly magazines and his storytelling is quite complexed in a good way and there aren't any artists with a similar drawing style to Kubo Tite there to make people look for similarities and thus calling it a ripoff somehow.

Moreover the magazine is a little less trigger happy and although I would love to see another work from Iwashiro sensei I also have a strong desire to not lose series in Jump such as Oumaga or Mago(although probably safe)
    Last edited by susanoo13; March 03, 2011 at 11:41 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He'll be alright if he learned from his mistakes. The pace, character design and character development killed Psyren. (I didn't have issue with character design, but I recall someone posting on here that subscribers had issue with the characters' design. I believe it was hai_Priesty who posted that information.)

When does this magazine come out?

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

I can understandpeople that would have those claims about character designs such as Ageha resembling Yusuke x Ichigo, Amamiya as Rukia x Botan, Hiryuu as the tall strong friend like Chad, Matsuri resembling Yoruichi in a few facial expressions and being a hot female character meant for training or something like that(thought that one on the spot so it might be quite off) but other characters such as Kyle, Fredrica, Uranus, Shao, No. 07, Tatsuo and Kabuto I would say look original and have very nice traits to them.

A problem that I can detect is the over usage of white hair for characters which could have made characters look less unique.

About character development here I could understand the issue about some characters since mostly what they do is having kickass battles but then we have Kabuto which had a very nice development since...well...everywhere he's at after the 3rd trip.

Now what you said about the pace I fail to understand maybe because I read 109 chapters in a short time, maybe because I don't read enough and I thought the pace was very good and you could get a lot of content in each chapter unlike other manga's - If you could explain why in your opinion, or if you know of someone else's opinion, the pace wasn't good it might help me notice these kind of things in the next manga that I will read.

TIA
    Last edited by susanoo13; March 04, 2011 at 08:54 AM.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by susanoo13 View Post
    Was there ever a one shot he made of Psyren before any Debut or any other one shots that he made?

I couldn't find any information aside for the fact he was the author of Mieru Hito.
    From Wiki :
    作品リスト [編集]

* みえるひと
    o 読切版1:青マルジャンプ、59頁 - 第10回ストーリーキングマンガ部門準キング受賞作(単行本6巻に収録)
    o 読切版2:週刊少年ジャンプ・2004年45 号、センターカラー51頁(単行本7巻に収録)
    o 連載版:週刊少年ジャンプ・2005 年33号 - 2006年42 号(全7巻・全五十七譚)
    * 狗童 -KUDOH-(読切・赤マルジャンプ2004SUMMER、センターカラー49頁)

人間のいなくなった世界を舞台に、烏天狗の少年・クロトを主人公としたオカルト系アクションファンタジー。

* PSYREN -サイレン-(連載・週刊少年ジャンプ・2008年1号 - 2010年52号):14巻まで刊行中・全CALL.145

He has three one-shots, two being Mieruhito -
    The first was the prize winning Mieruhito which was not published in Magazine (the Hero was an older Uncle which in serialization become the Protagonist's passed-away Master), the second Mieruhito one-shot was published in Jump (now Hero fixed to be a 23-year-old). These two one-shots can still be found behind Mieruhito Volume 6 and 7.

The third was published in Akamaru 2004, titled Kudoh. It never republished in Volumes. And before Sensei has a name by serializing in Shonen Jump. I'm not even sure if anyone can find them online.

Quote Originally Posted by PaperMaster-Yosh View Post
    He'll be alright if he learned from his mistakes. The pace, character design and character development killed Psyren. (I didn't have issue with character design, but I recall someone posting on here that subscribers had issue with the characters' design. I believe it was hai_Priesty who posted that information.)

When does this magazine come out?
    According to the spoiler provider who said Iwashiro sensei is having a one shot in Jump Next, the up-coming issue will be out in (late?) April instead of the usual Golden Week (3 May) period.

And
    >>303
    16巻の帯

とある少女のお隣さんはフツウじゃない人達で!?

だそうで

If it were to be relied, Sensei's uncoming story will be something like...... "This teenage girl..... is having some abnormal people for neighbours!?"

Quote Originally Posted by susanoo13 View Post
    I can understandpeople that would have those claims about character designs such as Ageha resembling Yusuke x Ichigo, Amamiya as Rukia x Botan, Hiryuu as the tall strong friend like Chad, Matsuri resembling Yoruichi in a few facial expressions and being a hot female character meant for training or something like that(thought that one on the spot so it might be quite off) but other characters such as Kyle, Fredrica, Uranus, Shao, No. 07, Tatsuo and Kabuto I would say look original and have very nice traits to them.

A problem that I can detect is the over usage of white hair for characters which could have made characters look less unique.

About character development here I could understand the issue about some characters since mostly what they do is having kickass battles but then we have Kabuto which had a very nice development since...well...everywhere he's at after the 3rd trip.

TIA
    ......The problem is not resembling other characters from bigger titles I guess ^_^;

When people say design problems (no discredit to Sensei) the japanese crowd don't mean character distrubition, like (1)Hot head Hero + (2)Bishoujo in distress + (3)Big block supporting guy + (4) Genius Bishonen Type + (5)Street Wise Smart Ass (?) type of thing. It's very usual and though not credit-worthy, few will discredit this type of basic group setting

In Shonen Manga they probably refer to something more simple, like guys not dazzling enough, and people not wearing nice fashionable stuff (Compare Reborn..... or even Enigma fashion and you can see marked difference in what Teenage crowd wants characters to wear.)

Ageha's jacket............. is speculated to derive from Back to the Future Movie, the same movie that inspired Sensei to starting Psyren. Imagine telling a 13 year old Japanese boy that this hero's wearing exactly what his 36 year old Dad worshipped as a schoolboy!

And quite some people has hair styles that Japanese crowd said is old.

Little kids, not being of patience, often quits before getting to know the story better and thus never get involved into Psyren in the first place.

And then there's also some language nuances that even foreigners don't understand why Japanese crowd won't like - like Neo Amakusa and Star Commanders, widely ridiculed by that crowd to be cheesy (I'm not a Japanese and have no idea which part of Neo Amakusa being cheesy too).

Anyway, looking back to the future -

If 2ch crowd won't verify it, I'll verify if the Sensei One-shot info is true.
    The spoiler claims it's written on the jacket advertisement of Volume 16 and I'll get this copy of Psyren by nect Wednesday.
    I'll certainly come back to update ^_^
    Last edited by hai_Priesty; March 04, 2011 at 10:01 AM.

21. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 LastLast