Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57

Thread: Psyren by Iwashiro Toshiaki

Intl Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Vankazen's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

Hai, do you have the other 15 volumes? If so, have you seen something interesting inside them?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information Hai_priesty. Have there been any more titbits about the light novel posted? I'm particularly interested in the detective guy's story.

287 :名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい:2011/03/03(木) 21:45:11.87 ID:nC3fNMz90
    16巻のおまけはまあいつも通りのツブヤキ、アトガキ、話と話の間の白いページにちょこっと絵

2011春発売のジャンプNEXTに岩代先生の最新読み切り
    「とある少女のお隣さんはフツウじゃない人達で!?」

Also apparently Kabuto was originally going to die around volume 8? I saw similar comments on other japanese sites as well.

308 :名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい:2011/03/04(金) 22:20:42.31 ID:AqacvoEr0
    カブトホントは8巻で死ぬはずだったのか
    生き残って良かった
    Last edited by Waveblade; March 04, 2011 at 11:52 AM.

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Well then it's a good thing ol' Kabuto survived since he had such a good time tearing Ash to shreds.

Hai, about the character design I did my looking at a fair share of Reborn characters as well as non Jump such as Air gear (didn't start Enigma yet, I usually start reading a manga after there is at least 100 chapters) but like I said in my last post the thing I understand the least how was it one of the things that killed Psyren is the pace, first of all thanks for pointing me out for what was the meaning of the character design parts and I would very much appreciate it if someone would elaborate just how was Psyren's pace not good, was it the amount of content in each chapter, length of arcs(might have had to do with cancellation issues some of the times but that's just a guess) or other things?

That would also expand the way I look at things while reading a manga so I find that one to be important, sorry for the trouble.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

any info about the one-shot? is that true?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Any updates on the one-shot?

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it is called Godland Company. This post has some spoiler tags in which a preview picture is posted. I don't know the rest either.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hai_Priesty's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

And that the Next will be out on 30 apr..... If let's say I buy it and trans, (or translated it based on 2ch spoilers) shall I start a new thread?

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hai_Priesty View Post
    And that the Next will be out on 30 apr..... If let's say I buy it and trans, (or translated it based on 2ch spoilers) shall I start a new thread?
    You are definitely allowed to do so. Psyren section is a good spot for it ^^

Colour pages from Psyren mangaka's Godland Company for the interested ones
    Last edited by Koen; April 27, 2011 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

11. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice character designs all-around, I'm curious about the black blob guy I just can't think what kind of a character a guy who looks like that would have, I just hope people wont go like "hey the hero has orange hair, and the female with brown hair has Rukia's hairstyle this is a complete and utter Bleach ripoff".

I miss Iwashiro-Sensei's style and his background drawings still looks awesome, let's hope for his success...BTW ho much time more or less does it take for a NEXT one-shot to become serialized assuming it's(very) well recieved?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hai_Priesty's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Um just bought The Jump Next tonight XD
    I'll post translation of story this Sat or Sun.....

Story itself is ordinary but the storytelling is high-Iwashiro-grade that adds depth to simple stories.

In short, "unusual" neighbours doing strange things (squeezing a huge amusing park into old house as if supernatural-force style) that caught attention of a 14-year-old spygirl-wannable named Meoto, who gets acquainted with a innocent Karasu Tengu boy (that looks like Van-kun XD) that unwittingly showed her the dimensionally impossible house with all the unhuman creatures of Godland Company (title). Girls freaks out and run away, calling the whole bunch "Monsters". Meanwhile her Granny refuses to sell her land to some men-in-suit that turns out to be Shinma Yakuza.... Girls gets kidnapped by those monsters that wanted to take their anger out to her, and get rescued by the very boy (and Company) whom she called a Monster.

Okay a few lines of comments:
    1. If you're expecting Psyren #2..... Nope. This story, I feel, leans heavily towards Meiruhito-style stories (Sensei's first work). Story starts with a few a team of non-human characters moving to a normal neighbourhood, and the boy from the getting acquainted with a normal human girl.
    2. But compared to Mieruhito this story has potential to sustain itself in the cancellation battle, not the least because the main character designs are much more appealing (instead of "ordinary human ghosts") with a handsome vampire etc. PLUS SENSEI HAS MUCH BETTER DRAWING THAN (2005)MIERUHITO'S.
    3. Sensei............. -_- I have a feeling from the character design that he's really sad to end Psyren. The handsome Vampire that walks out of the shower naked reminded me of the first appearence scene of Oboro walking out of the shower...... And other smaller things that are so numerous that I don't think it's a coincidence.... ( OH Wait, it is possible that it was ME that got sad and missed Psyren and started to see the sexy girl with bat wings looking like Marie! O_O; )
    4. One favourite line regarding the Garasu Tengu boy - he's a half human that had a Human Mother whom he had never seen but is looking for. The head of Godland Company, Haison, described to Meoto that Kuroto yearned for a human friend - that the boy feels if he can get a human friend, that gives him hope that his human Mum will accept a Karasu Tengu the same way too.....
    Last edited by hai_Priesty; May 13, 2011 at 11:21 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry if this counts as a mega necropost, but I'm thinking of starting a Psyren RPG in the same vein as the HxH RPG I have going. If I were to start one, might anyone be interested in playing?

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member fxu's Avatar
    Country
    Uruguay
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Psyren by Iwashiro Toshiaki

So, has anybody been buying the English volumes?

Aside from some names being different than what the translators gave it (Dholaki - Dolkey, Melchsee - Melzez), it's not bad. Volume 4 just released.
    B I N K T O P I A

New Reply
Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57