Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Recommendation Thread: (Use this thread when you seek advice.)

Translator/Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I can't decide.

Btw, I do not mean to take over this thread. I do hope that more people would give a good advice to Sr. Enma

1. そんなんゆーてもあかんわ。(sonnanyuutemoakanwa.)
    Spoiler show

2. なんもわからへん。(nanmowakarahen.)

Spoiler show

3. あーしんど。(aashindo)

Spoiler show

Some more using "Kuroko no Basket" & "Beelzebub" style sentences...

4. っつーか、あんただれ? (tz-tsuuka, antadare? )

Spoiler show

5. からだだるー。(karadadaruu.)
    Spoiler show

6. んなこといってんじゃねーよ。(nnakotoittenjaneeyo.) <-- You can translate this in 2 ways.

Spoiler show

7. どうでもいいんスよ。(doudemoiinsuyo.)
    Spoiler show

8. まじっスか?(majissuka?)
    Spoiler show

9. てめーのせいだろ-が。(temeenoseidarooga.)
    Spoiler show

10. それなんスけど...。(sorenansukedo ....)
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by mikkih; April 13, 2010 at 07:35 PM.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I can't decide.

When I decided to start learning japanese, I chose the internet dah...but as time passed, I grew wiser and entered some bookstores...I found some manuals and they've proven to be more useful than internet sites...
    But then I grew even wiser and decided to join a Japanese Cultural Center, so this way I ensured learning the language in a more controlled and responsible way, and I met japanese people with whom I can talk in Japanese so language is kept alive

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

The Fishbot thread

sir... i am a newbie... and i have joined today...
    i dont know where i must start as a translator...
    where i get source for translate it??
    example is air gear...
    thx for your attention...
    Last edited by Charlie; September 14, 2011 at 01:56 PM.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

The Fishbot thread

Hello and welcome to mh asiaphone10.

The Translators' Academy here has some great resources / guides that can help you with translating manga.

Now as for specific manga raw source, I think a search on google, yahoo or your local search engine by entering the manga name you're looking for can help you find the available resources.
    Last edited by Charlie; September 14, 2011 at 01:57 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

(CH) Question about manga in China.

Hi, I have been following a blog which posts lots of kanzenban manga volumes which aren't released even in Japan, i.e. Kajika, Level E, Akira Toriyama One-Shots, etc.
    The manga licensor's name seems to be Left & Right Comics.
    But I know no Chinese at all, anyone care to explain me if those mangas are bootlegs or original? And if so how can I order them?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: (CH) Question about manga in China.

Quote Originally Posted by perroloco View Post
    Hi, I have been following a blog which posts lots of kanzenban manga volumes which aren't released even in Japan, i.e. Kajika, Level E, Akira Toriyama One-Shots, etc.
    Kajika: wiki links in English & in Japanese.
    Just for your reference, Kajika's 1st volume is available in Japan.

.............edit.........................
    Use online tools such as Google Translate to read the text in Chinese. I only looked at Kajiki area, but Google Translate seems to be good enough. To see more images of the book, you click on 阅读全文 (read all).The first image shows 145x210, which may be the size of the book. You will also see images of Weekly magazine covers (#32, 37-38) inside as well. This should be a large sized/bootleg color-restored premium edition.

Other members could give you advice on how to contact Chinese bookstores. You can simply confirm the information with sellers.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Can anyone recommend good bookstores that sell manga in Chinese (in this case Simplified Chinese)?
    Last edited by mikkih; September 20, 2011 at 09:44 AM.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What would you guys recommend?

So it is a bootleg after all? I have been looking for @Left & Right Comic but I haven't had any luck, If anyone knows if they have a site please tell me
    Also I have been googling for @Kajika Kanzenban (In chinese) which is 卡吉卡 完全版 with no results apart from the blog.. I mean, I am sure at least other blogs would have info on it, or a chinese bookstore but nothing :*(
    Last edited by perroloco; September 20, 2011 at 04:07 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by perroloco View Post
    So it is a bootleg after all? I have been looking for @Left & Right Comic but I haven't had any luck, If anyone knows if they have a site please tell me
    Also I have been googling for @Kajika Kanzenban (In chinese) which is 卡吉卡 完全版 with no results apart from the blog.. I mean, I am sure at least other blogs would have info on it, or a chinese bookstore but nothing :*(
    The edition may not be official. I found an old post in Spanish, which I read w/ Google Translate. (Google search term: "Left&Right Comic Studio") The book can be very well just a scanlated edition. You probably can read the article since you are from Mexico.
    Last edited by mikkih; September 21, 2011 at 07:01 AM. Reason: title edit

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your efforst mikkih, basically what the poster said in that mexican forum is the same.. He is guessing whether those are bootlegs or fakes, if the publisher is legitime or not.. And the had been searching with no avail..
    Frankly I think only a person with a good knowledge of chinese AND savvy at the ways of searching the net could help here.
    EDIT: I don't think they are fake, they might be bootlegs, maybe the guy (or team) who did this bought the issues in which the colored pages/cover pages ran in WSJ.
    Also is intersting to note that they have done kanzenbans like: Kajika, Cowa, Level E, Akira Toriyama One-Shots (Released around the world as Akira Toriyama Theater IIRC) and Akira Toriyama Collaboration (One-Shots with Akimoto, Katsura and Oda)
    In the Akira Toriyama Theater there is a One-Shot which was published back in the first V-JUMP issue and the editions have that color page.. I think getting that particular V-JUMP could have been difficult so I am believing this might be official, who knows?
    Though there is another counter-proof (Does that word exist in english LOL?) that in the same One-Shot book there is a manga which doesn't include its colored pages... So either they couldn't get the Issue in which the colored pages were printed in or Shueisha lost them (Unlikely)..
    Last edited by perroloco; September 20, 2011 at 09:19 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Otaku Shoten under Otaku Cafe has a thread called [discussion] Kanzenban editions.
    Last edited by mikkih; September 21, 2011 at 07:02 AM. Reason: title change

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah lol, that thread was made by me, Its amazing I hadn't post that blog there.. I could have sworn I had already did.. Seems like I didn't.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

[Jp] How/Where did you learn the colloquial talk?

I'm new to translating manga, I've studied japanese for about a year and I can understand & speak in the polite form and plain form very well but I just can't understand the colloquial/plain stuff in the mangas!
    Where did you learn it? Or does it come from lots of experience?
    Is there possibly some guide/textbook that can help me understand it better?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Moromis's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

General Question Concerning MangaHelpers

Hi, I just noticed whenever I looked for a series I was thinking of doing a translation for that it had a tag in red on the side:

Submitted releases are disabled for this Manga in some languages due to licensing restrictions. MangaHelpers Administration are aware of this and are following up with the relevant license holders.

I looked high and low, and didn't find even one series without this. How do I find series that I can actively translate and work on?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: General Question Concerning MangaHelpers

Quote Originally Posted by Moromis View Post
    Hi, I just noticed whenever I looked for a series I was thinking of doing a translation for that it had a tag in red on the side:

Submitted releases are disabled for this Manga in some languages due to licensing restrictions. MangaHelpers Administration are aware of this and are following up with the relevant license holders.

I looked high and low, and didn't find even one series without this. How do I find series that I can actively translate and work on?
    Here are some links.

To find manga titles in MH, visit:

Browse Manga
    Search Manga

To find out current projects by scanlators, visit:
    Staff and Project Resources

To find out licensed manga titles in English, visit Wikipedia:
    List of manga licensed in English
    Translators' Academy l Translators' Classroom
    Play Japanese shiritori word game!
    [NEW] Shiritori Word Chain Thread @TA Classroom
    Check out out new Summer Threads @TA Classroom!

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member cmertb's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: General Question Concerning MangaHelpers

Quote Originally Posted by Moromis View Post

If you want to submit a translation, it's not a release. Feel free to translate anything you want. Although you might want to check if someone else is doing that manga already. It's not a good idea to duplicate effort.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast