Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is this arc the same as the last?...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member radical3113's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this arc the same as the last?...

Is this arc the same as the last will it be the same as the next?
    heres something i posted in the bleach hangout thread (post #233), because it was just the hangout i didnt expect elaborate answers, but there HAVE been too many similarities check it out.

Quote Quote:
    first they have to save rukia now they have to save inoue, saving, saving, saving thats all their doing even the way rukia and inoue was kidnapped were the same. with rukia, renji and capt came, two ppl tried to stop them (ishida and ichi) they got cut down. now inoue capt lvl uluquora came and two ppl tried to stop him ( unknown and unknown) they got cut down as well.

with rukia ichi goes to ss on the spur of the moment beats ppl but gets cut down wen hes near the top gets help from the opposition (hanatarou) backp shows its true face in the form of yoruichi, gets better power then eventually triumphs.

with inoue ichi goes to hm on the spur of the moment beats ppl but gets cut down wen hes near the top gets help from opposition (nel) back up shows its true face in the form of the capts that have shown up............so it means he's probably gonna get better power (which we've seen glimpses of already) and eventually triumph.

what do you guys think?

-other similarities such as the mirroring of capts and espadas have been touched on by other people here.
    -renji went against his superior, and grimjow (the new renji) did the same but got different result against uluquiora.
    - byakuya in the ss arc was a good looking guy , who was the main guy to defeat and the climax of the arc, he spoke little with other people in command, and revealed little of his intentions.we saw byakugas shikai but not his bankai. aizen was a dork who managed a 4hr make over by flicking his hands through his hair, and became "the good looking guy who was the main guy to defeat...."he also dosent say much to anyone of his true intentions.we've seen aizens shikai ut not his bankai.
    -i noticed ichi's first fight in ss against ikkaku who, after being defeated had one of those "slow nylon guitar background music " moments with ichi, in a sort of "your my enemy but i commend you" kind of ways, in ichis first solo fight in HM a similar thing happened when ichi fought one of the previous espada ( 101, 102, 103,....those guys) they also had their brief moment.(thats a small similarity, but still a similarity)
    -some similarities merge like nels similarity merges with hanatarou and yoruichi, hanatarou followed ichigo wherever he went and viewed his battles fro the sideline, yoruichi shocked everyone with her transformation, and gave ichi vital help. nel did all the things hanatarou did and she did shock everyone with her transformation (both of them) ive even seen a thread stating that she may help ichi unlock powers)

there are more similarities if you look for them, the only way the arc would have been totally different to the SS arc would have been if the vizards accompanied ichigo.

this raises questions, is the next arc gonna be another replication.
    -they get help from the other side in the form of nel (MAYBE grimm who clearly dosent like uluq)
    - are certain people gonna show their true face and shock us with a transformation, namely urahara, isshin, ryuuken, yoruichi (still no yoruichi bankai or shikai)
    - are there gonna be some "i commend "you fights namely uluq finally showing ichi an ounce of respect.
    - is there gonna be mutiny like renji a vice capt going against orders, ive seen some people say tousen may have an ulterior motive due to his "path of least blood speech"and his unique advantage over aizen (blind).
    -not to mention the old "i havent seen you in a long time moments" with yoruichi and byakuya ( maybe aizen and urahara) this happened between nel and noitara as well.
    -soifons fight with "the one who abandoned her" could be had against both tousen/komamura and gin/matsumoto.

do you guys think the storyline is maybe, a bit to similar? do you think my similarity predictions have good basis? please discuss
    Who the Tobi am I?

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is this arc the same as the last?... (MANGA SPOILERS)

yeah it's kinda getting repetitive, except that there are more characters and they're a bit stronger. Of course their mission is to save Inoue and everybody else there (they're all extremely injured). It's too stupid for SS to just charge in as if it was a war, it's a reconnaissance mission. Similarly, in the arc to save Rukia, they never planned to overthrow SS.

My point is, so after all these captain-espada battles, and securing everybody, they'll probably have a glimpse of Aizen or Gin (One of those two might not be able to resist not seeing SS people for a very long time, just for kicks) and the plot will have to open to allow the story to move forward. After that, they'll leave. Which is also very similar to the previous arc.

Kubo Tite's walking on tight rope here... it seems a lot of people are noticing forced elements and hastily thrown-in stuff just to release chapters. -_-
    Last edited by baboysai; December 08, 2007 at 10:44 AM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

its not obviously gonna be a complete copy, but you have to admit the similarities ive pointed out are far more than coincidence . the storyline that got them to HM didnt have to be another rescue mission, in which the rescuee tried to say goodbye before they left (rukias note on ichigos desk, inoue healing ichigo).

its more than kinda repetitive, you said there are more characters yes of course, but why would kubo make an entire vizard squad them leave them entirely out of the arc. they have a vested interest in ichigo, they would have had a better reason of following ichigo, than ishida did. yet that didnt happen . if it did i wouldnt have a leg to stand on in my synopsis.

most of what you said about gin or aizen "having a nostalgic moment" i touched on and said it already happened in the previous arc(yoru and byakuya, yoru and soifon), and i dont think it will open up anything special but a bit of long-winded dialogue.
    you are very right in saying : "Kubo Tite's walking on tight rope here... it seems a lot of people are noticing forced elements and hastily thrown-in stuff just to release chapters. -_-"

my point was "wtf its too damn similar......... heres the proof"

my question is, is the storyline gonna get mirrored again?, check the part where i said
    "this raises questions, is the next arc gonna be another replication." ive predicted ways in which i see it getting mirrored again.
    Who the Tobi am I?

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If they are going to mirror Soi Fon-Yoruichi love, I hope it's not with Tousen-Komamura. That's just weird.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the vaizards will have to kick in some time, and Isshin and Ryuuken have to figure out too.

I guess that's why Ishida figured in this arc was to show how he became attached to the group. Remember it was Ryuuken who forced him to stop involving himself with Ichigo, and he had to find an excuse saying it was saving Inoue and not for Ichigo's sake that he came. But when you pointed out that the Vaizards did have interest in Ichigo, it's not like they had more reason to follow him since we're not putting Ishida's bond with the group on weighing scale here. However, it might have been a better option for Kubo Tite to have used the Vaizards to accompany Ichigo. In this case, more questions could be answered about them, more details revealed and new fighting techniques used, for the readers to gain more understanding.

Vaizards might have more of a fighting chance with the arrancar because of their ability. If they were thrown in the fight, SS would not have to send the captains, and if ever they got hurt, SS could simply ignore them, since they are already outcasts.

Now that I think about it, maybe Kubo Tite chose not to use the Vaizards as they would reveal too much too early (although I don't consider 300 chapters as early: even Naruto's picking up speed). It might also be that he needed some fight for the captains to reveal more of their real abilities, since they battled with noob-Ichigo and the like in the SS arc that they could not have given it their all.

Bottom line is, I think he's just stalling.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree about 88% about your explanation and how he's just stalling, but unohana told isane to heal a hollow when they arrived who was fighting against their ichigo friends, i dont think unohana would have thought twice about healing someone who was fighting ALONG-SIDE their ichigo friends do you?

captains revealing more of their overused abilities isnt what you really wanna see is it? besides people here even made a thread questioning if byakyua got too strong, how many new abilities could they use without the question of "wtf when did he get that" arise.

revealing too much too early about the vizards , you hit both sides of the argument there thats good *gives thumbs up*

ishida wanted to save inoue, not hang around with ichi. okay great point, vizards need to keep training ichi, plus shinji even had to step in against one espada, it dosent make sense for shinji and the rest to sit back and let him take on all 10 thats why i said they had more of a reason. and by not sending them in, carried on replicating the previous archive.

fans can get bored quick if they realise the mangaka dosent know what he's doing. im sure kubo constantly plans 100 chapters ahead, look at "secret aizen villian" in the ss arc.
    i dont think he's one or two chapters ahead.

i like the way you think. please comment on my future predictions.
    Who the Tobi am I?

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it's expected that people will get surprised about the captains' abilities since we never got to see them train in detail.

I dunno, maybe it's just the manga-ka's style as well. As opposed to Kishimoto for example, he also reveals character developments by showing how they train, like Naruto's KB training and stuff. Although, this (captains in HM) might have been too much of a surprise to create a positive impact, and instead caused the readers to doubt the manga-ka's ability. hehe.

Every captain that arrived in HM is assumed to have exponentially increased their fighting skill- or rather, to show their real abilities like I have said earlier, since they were not really able to show them in the SS arc.

If Kubo throws in something really awesome (while at the same time, reasonable) then maybe I'll forgive him or something. :P But if it turns out like we predict: the battles coming to an end, Aizen or Gin shows up to mock them and let slip a clue for the next arc, and they leave and return to school and train to become better (for Vasto Lordes), I'm sure to give out a loud "nyeeeee!"

Then like you said, maybe it'll just mirror again for the Vasto Lordes arc. -_- By then I give up.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

all very real possibilities. at the same time they all intertwine back into my theory , were being conned, we've seen it all before, so much so your even making comparisons with another manga.
    you said something about "kubo throwing something awesome" if he threw anything in good enough to be called awesome, it will probably throw my theory out of wack. so i guess now its about whether or not kubo will throw in something worthy of a huge "wtf", coz according to me its not ganna happen.
    Who the Tobi am I?

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm really patient. And this arc is not gonna end anytime soon. There are still a few captains who haven't been given the spotlight. I guess it will run for 10 more chapters before we can see if your theory holds water

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member EvolutionIX's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

If this arc is the same as the last one, you would hope/see Nell (previous espada) teaching Ichigo to tame his inner hollow properly (or at least some sort of training if she can get back to her normal form?) just like the SS arc where Yoruichi (previous shinigami) train Ichigo with his bankai.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

yeh i mentioned that her role may have been merged with hanatarous "betrayel" by following/healing ichigo around and watching his battles, and yoruichis stepping in to stop him getting cut down by byakua kinda thing. other people think hes gonna get more power from her but now im starting to think that,coz of the capts, that they are gonna skip on back to ss/real world, in that case it will be up to the vizards again. but i dont know nel is a traitor now she might go with him, maybe maybe not. after all their both hybrids.
    Who the Tobi am I?

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

If nell betrays Ichigo, that'd be better for the story I think. If not, she'd be the parallel of Yoruichi in this arc, and it would be so lame.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member gdupninja's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    If nell betrays Ichigo, that'd be better for the story I think. If not, she'd be the parallel of Yoruichi in this arc, and it would be so lame.
    Thats a cool idea. Hell someone needs to betray Ichigo. Oh wait then he'd try to go save them. Oh no! Well yeah something new needs to happen.

Made by master sig maker GrayFoxx and the render maker iThePirate
    Help us grow! http://mangaseed.com/

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted TheChosenOne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt Nell would betray Ichigo, she is toooo pure and innocent for that. I think Chad should betray Ichigo and go to the other side. His powers are hollow based, so he could be overwhelmed by it.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Chad is a determined person. Being overwhelmed by evil is too shallow for him to betray Ichigo. I mean, the instant he realizes he's doing bad stuff he'd try his damnedest to become good again.

I'd like it better for a gurl to betray Ichigo. They're more emotionally unstable. ehehe. Prolly Orohime, though in her heart she'd still be a good person, but that she really has no choice. And I think that's what this arc is building towards. If that happens, then it won't be the same as the previous arc.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast