Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Introversion and Relationships

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Introversion and Relationships

well i am an introvert in general, if i get friendly with someone i get quite talkative, if i am not friendly with sb then thats another issue we can be sitting beside each other for an hr without me opening my mouth.
    Havnet ever been in a relation though, i have a some responsibility as the eldest son & felt like i ll have to cut my duties if i ever ambled into a relationship.
    I am your academic fellow, i study, eat sleep, hang out with friends, watch anime, read mangas, chat some times, read books, play console games, try to help my family(parents nd sibling)
    it may sound odd but thats how i am
    other than that i dun imagine any girl would ever want to be with a boring fella like me any way so its not like i am saying i m too cool to be with any one either

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Arent we all introverts?

The cool people are all out clubbing, we're here talking about naruto ^.^

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, I'm a "cool guy who goes out clubbing" but I can still enjoy a forum for that. Heck, I moderate one. One being a manga/anime fan doesn't necessarily say anything about a persons intro/extroversion.
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I myself am also an introvert although for me it is more of a matter of getting used to someone so to speak. I don't consider everyone I meet to be a friend, at best acquaintances and only once I get a feel of what that person is like I open up so to speak. I actually had a fun discussion with a close friend of mine regarding our views on friendship. You would see her talking about people who by my standards be an acquaintance as if they would give her a kidney without a second thought and she would talk of a guy who by my standards would be the sort of friend you hang out every few weeks or so as if they were closer than Siamese twins (I was forced to this comparison because usually it does not get closer than giving someone a kidney however that is how she feels about her acquaintances so...).... I enjoy going clubbing, going to bars and parties although in general I would prefer having someone to go with rather than going hunting so to speak.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member faintsmile1992's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm much more of an introvert, but I don't feel inferior or anything, I can hold a group of peoples attention but then I go back to reclusiveness. I really don't like events such as parties very much, nor do I like most people.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm introverted. (I'm an INFJ-type actually.) I'm not a fan of huge gatherings so I decline or don't reply when I get invited to house parties- it's simply not my thing. For a shy person, I mingle with people online better.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    I'm introverted. (I'm an INFJ-type actually.) I'm not a fan of huge gatherings so I decline or don't reply when I get invited to house parties- it's simply not my thing. For a shy person, I mingle with people online better.
    Funny you brought up, I've taken the Jung Typology test twice and tested INFP the first time and INTP the second. I didn't score particularly high in any of the 4 categories though.

I'm not delusional...I know I'm introverted, but it's mostly a choice or just my nature. It's not as thought I'm incapable of carrying a conversation with a random person, or that I'm a disaster in a social setting, it's quite the opposite. I just prefer not being in those situations. So I'm an Extroverted-Introvert if that makes sense

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member wizzard's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otomo20 View Post
    Arent we all introverts?

The cool people are all out clubbing, we're here talking about naruto ^.^
    You got it all wrong the cool ppl are all here and everyone else is out there clubbing

Being An INTP i'd like to say Introverted means more having a life in you own head as well as real life (but that's my N speaking) actually i'm super noisy fella who like ppl being alone and almost everything else, i even did bunjee once (i wanna repeat that and some skydiving too (this life if possible)) the idea about the book and the cafe was so cool i should try it sometime, rooftops and benches in some brachy corner of the park are also very nice places , about the problem we were supposed to be discussing , the place where you search is rly important imagine you're ome1 you wish to meet and you also want to meet some1 (being that person) try to guess where he would hang out and try going there and talking to ppl they are not that scary, (xcept the druggies and the hentais) if his a jurk kick him that's all

I like thinking i got best of both words Introverted-Extroverted

being an introvert i feel like i should make my inner life accessible to whoever i want to be my friend, the problem is no1 till now have been able to handle it any ideas going easy it's not an option
    Last edited by wizzard; December 12, 2011 at 04:45 AM.

My thread. | MAL:myanimelist | mymangalist |
    Quote Originally Posted by Krina29 View Post
    +I like talking to you

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member rudorofu's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I tend to be an introvert when it comes to people who I've just met, but once I start to get a feel of a friendly atmosphere from them that's when I kind of change into an extrovert. Depending on the situation, I can be pretty shy and non-talkative, but other times when I feel comfortable I'll be loud and very into conversations. In terms of making long-lasting relationships, I guess you just have to put effort into creating friendships and bonds that you would like to keep. The longest friendship I've had was 6 years with an ex-best friend and longest relationship was my only one which lasted nearly 3 years. Instead of having a lot of friends, I like to keep several close ones who I know will always be there for me.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I am completely a introverted person, I have tried to fix it, but it just seems impossible... Don't even get me started on the relationship status of it..

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, introversion in itself is not something to fix, it is not a character flaw so to speak. It is a legitimate personality type basically. Of course, it is possible (and perhaps common) to have actual problems which are called or associated with introversion even though they shouldn't... Overall, social ineptitude is not in itself introversion as there are plenty of introverted people who are not socially inept (admittedly I am both lol).

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, introversion in itself is not something to fix, it is not a character flaw so to speak. It is a legitimate personality type basically. Of course, it is possible (and perhaps common) to have actual problems which are called or associated with introversion even though they shouldn't... Overall, social ineptitude is not in itself introversion as there are plenty of introverted people who are not socially inept (admittedly I am both lol).
    Really good point. It's about whether you're satisfied with the way you are in respects to introversion or extroversion. I'm a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde when it comes to which way I lean, so it isn't really black and white for me. I'm not at all socially inept though, I just prefer to be alone more often than not (which is somewhat related to social anxiety...but it's hard to explain)

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm half and half too. I like to do things alone most of the time. It seems like people get lonely so easily to me. It takes a lot for me to truly get lonesome and that's why I prefer to sit by myself in class, go shopping on my own, and go to the movies alone as well. Gary knows how much I love doing that. It's one of my favorite things to do. I never understood the people who have to be with someone else or they feel really awkward and anxious or something. I find being alone an extremely comfortable thing. I don't mind eating alone either. Solitude is bliss. I don't know if that makes me an introvert though. I have no problem talking with people and being in a social setting. I love hanging out with friends and meeting new people, but I definitely have to be in the mood for it.

But give me alcohol and I'm the most extroverted person you'll ever meet.

Did I mention that I really like to drink alone sometimes too?

Needless to say that definitely effects all relationships that I have. I can't stand clingy people. Just don't know how to deal with them.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

All of that sounds normal aside from regularly drinking alone

And alcohol is the great equalizer, for pretty much anyone. It affects people in varying degrees, but it usually always brings people out of their shell a bit.

I think everyone feels lonely every once and while, but solitude can also be a great way to just decompress from the day or week. I always hear girls mentioning "me time", but I think something like that exists for everyone.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member faintsmile1992's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

In my case I never feel lonely, I feel lonesome for someone special however, that's just instinct. And I can entertain a crowd, but I just want to be alone once I've got what I need. Is anyone else like that here?

Much of the trouble I was responsible for at school was me getting others to do things, because I hated having to put up with other people behind a false mask every day, so causing them trouble for the shits and giggles turned it into fun for me. After a while they caught on to how I was messing with them and I became unpopular, which suited me too lol.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast