Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Introversion and Relationships

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Introversion and Relationships

Quote Originally Posted by faintsmile1992 View Post
    In my case I never feel lonely, I feel lonesome for someone special however, that's just instinct. And I can entertain a crowd, but I just want to be alone once I've got what I need. Is anyone else like that here?
    What exactly do you mean by getting what you need?

But I do agree on being socially fun and then wanting to be alone, that's something I've experienced before.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm clearly introverted. Quite reclusive in a large group of people or a group of strangers at all. Very talkative with close friends, or when I know the topic very well. Actually I can be really extrovert in intimity with anyone, especially when it's a short relationship like a doctor, or a relationship with a clear pupose (specific activity together) etc. That's why that going out with the sole purpose of chit chat (however there are few exceptions) isn't appealing to me.

It didn't really bother me until quite recently.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    I'm clearly introverted. Quite reclusive in a large group of people or a group of strangers at all. Very talkative with close friends, or when I know the topic very well. Actually I can be really extrovert in intimity with anyone, especially when it's a short relationship like a doctor, or a relationship with a clear pupose (specific activity together) etc. That's why that going out with the sole purpose of chit chat (however there are few exceptions) isn't appealing to me.

It didn't really bother me until quite recently.
    Chit-chat didn't bother you until recently? What happened?

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Chit-chat didn't bother you until recently? What happened?
    I said that chit-chat in general isn't appealing to me.

What bother me now is the whole attitude. I changed city for studies and now I live in a place where I basically know almost nobody. All people (but 1) I share a link with are 680 km away at least. ><

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I said that chit-chat in general isn't appealing to me.

What bother me now is the whole attitude. I changed city for studies and now I live in a place where I basically know almost nobody. All people (but 1) I share a link with are 680 km away at least. ><
    Ah yeah. I guess sometimes starting anew like that and trying to meet more people doesn't really sound appealing.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member faintsmile1992's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

What exactly do you mean by getting what you need?
    I mean that I would avoid interaction unless its useful to me, in the broadest sense of the word.

Quote Quote:
    But I do agree on being socially fun and then wanting to be alone, that's something I've experienced before.
    Fun for others? I can do that, but it isn't fun for me, its a drain. Even posting on forums can be a drain.

"I find no stimulation in watching ordinary people trying to put the make on other uninteresting people. I can fix my own cup of coffee and not have to look at or talk to other people. No matter where I go, I stimulate others, and have been doing so all my life. It used to be I'd sometimes get stimulated back." - Anton Szandor LaVey

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I think social interaction has any number of benefits, I don't have to hang out with people with the stipulation that I have to know how it benefits me before I do it.

Well anything that isn't fun would be a drain. I just think you shouldn't have a pretext for why you interact with people, it sort of seems like too much of a bother

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

It's normal to take a while to adapt to a new living situation, Gats, especially when you're going in blind without knowing anyone. It's difficult to get to know people when you don't already have someone to introduce you and go to parties with blah blah. School and work are always the best places to start. And really.... Sometimes the only places to start.

Having a pretext for interacting with people? I guess I never really thought about it. Why in the world would you need one in the first place I wonder. I admit that no matter how much I love me time, it would suck to be alone all of the time. I know I'm pretty self-centered, but not so much so that I run out of ways to entertain myself after a while. I need someone else's sense of humor to compliment mine and generally just spend time with someone that I care about, even if it's just a few times a month.

Besides, you're never going to change anything if you're cooped up to yourself for the rest of your life. I believe that to leave a mark on the world, you have to at least have some roots weaved in the ground and get tangled with a few other people. Who the hell wants to go their whole life without ever moving something?

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    It's normal to take a while to adapt to a new living situation, Gats, especially when you're going in blind without knowing anyone. It's difficult to get to know people when you don't already have someone to introduce you and go to parties with blah blah. School and work are always the best places to start. And really.... Sometimes the only places to start.

Having a pretext for interacting with people? I guess I never really thought about it. Why in the world would you need one in the first place I wonder. I admit that no matter how much I love me time, it would suck to be alone all of the time. I know I'm pretty self-centered, but not so much so that I run out of ways to entertain myself after a while. I need someone else's sense of humor to compliment mine and generally just spend time with someone that I care about, even if it's just a few times a month.

Besides, you're never going to change anything if you're cooped up to yourself for the rest of your life. I believe that to leave a mark on the world, you have to at least have some roots weaved in the ground and get tangled with a few other people. Who the hell wants to go their whole life without ever moving something?
    Oh I'm well aware of that. But it doesn't make me at ease at all. Besides my current studies don't help for that.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I'm well aware of that. But it doesn't make me at ease at all. Besides my current studies don't help for that.
    A convenient excuse ...and trust me, I know many of them

---------- Post added at 02:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    Here, here. Maybe the saddest thing that I can think of is having no one remember you, or never affecting others lives. It can be the simplest thing, but given how insignificant we are in the Universe, we're remember through interaction with others who are just as insignificant in the grand scheme of things. It's beautiful in a way.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I find it hard to connect with other people. Even here on the internet. It's great when you do find like-minded people to hang with, but they're so hard to come by in real life. There's times that I wish I could have a group of friends to have good times with. Other people make it look so easy...
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aazholh View Post
    I find it hard to connect with other people. Even here on the internet. It's great when you do find like-minded people to hang with, but they're so hard to come by in real life. There's times that I wish I could have a group of friends to have good times with. Other people make it look so easy...
    You have to put yourself out there...chemistry doesn't happen by accident.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teubier's Avatar
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny you brought up, I've taken the Jung Typology test twice and tested INFP the first time and INTP the second. I didn't score particularly high in any of the 4 categories though.
    I'll try again in a few months to see how it evolves. I might understand why I like Ging's character so much with this INTJ result.
    ~Oscar!http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic168684_18.gif!rascO~

21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You have to put yourself out there...chemistry doesn't happen by accident.
    Afraid to say that it's an acquired skill for me; which I'm still trying to master.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aazholh View Post
    Afraid to say that it's an acquired skill for me; which I'm still trying to master.
    Meh, it comes easier to some than others. If there's a will there's a way.

*starting to sound like Hallmark cards *

New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast