Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Introversion and Relationships

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Introversion and Relationships

It's hard to say. I'm considered and effectively an introvert because I do enjoy evenings in my room so I can center and focus myself back to who I am and why I am here - ever so important to me. Yet I have been told I "try too hard" to make friendships, and have gotten burned often. I want badly to be a good friend, but not everyone wants a good friend. As for relationships, I haven't had any. The closest I have ever gotten was a classmate who I liked and he liked me, but it unnerved the heck out of him that I was younger and more certain of the mechanics of the world, which conflicted with his own views. I still talk with him, but he gets so conflicted that he sometimes just doesn't talk to me for months and then he reaches out spontaneously. I really can't get it.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    It's hard to say. I'm considered and effectively an introvert because I do enjoy evenings in my room so I can center and focus myself back to who I am and why I am here - ever so important to me. Yet I have been told I "try too hard" to make friendships, and have gotten burned often. I want badly to be a good friend, but not everyone wants a good friend. As for relationships, I haven't had any. The closest I have ever gotten was a classmate who I liked and he liked me, but it unnerved the heck out of him that I was younger and more certain of the mechanics of the world, which conflicted with his own views. I still talk with him, but he gets so conflicted that he sometimes just doesn't talk to me for months and then he reaches out spontaneously. I really can't get it.
    Not to feed into any stereotypes, but he may just be threatened by you intellectually? By your description it sounds like that might be the case.

You shouldn't have to "try" to be a good friend in my opinion.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teubier's Avatar
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aazholh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    You have to put yourself out there...chemistry doesn't happen by accident.
    Afraid to say that it's an acquired skill for me; which I'm still trying to master.
    Meh, it comes easier to some than others. If there's a will there's a way.
    I agree. However, I think that it works better if the said will exists while being unbeknownst to one of the two (or even better to the two). I reckon that an introvert might very well over-over think and could end up putting herself/himself out there in a pretty wrong manner.
    ~Oscar!http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic168684_18.gif!rascO~

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teubier View Post
    I agree. However, I think that it works better if the said will exists while being unbeknownst to one of the two (or even better to the two). I reckon that an introvert might very well over-over think and could end up putting herself/himself out there in a pretty wrong manner.
    That's true, but failure is always the best way to learn

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    I'm clearly introverted. Quite reclusive in a large group of people or a group of strangers at all. Very talkative with close friends, or when I know the topic very well. Actually I can be really extrovert in intimity with anyone, especially when it's a short relationship like a doctor, or a relationship with a clear pupose (specific activity together) etc. That's why that going out with the sole purpose of chit chat (however there are few exceptions) isn't appealing to me.

It didn't really bother me until quite recently.
    Wow, that's seriously like me. I mean, that's how I roll too
    I never found chit-chat interesting unless it's with close friends and I shy away from them,
    I'm always the kind that "if I talk to this guy, there have to be some sort of reason" in which, I don't go and talk to that guy for nowhatsoever reason.

Yet deep inside me, I'm actually someone that wants to be popular and will try to be social to others. It isn't something that I'm doing, it's just something that I desire naturally when I step into school.
    I find it way easier to talk to one or 2 people that I don't really know than a group of people that I don't really know, I'm actually the kind of guy that's fine with any topic.

New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5