Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Introversion and Relationships

MH's Peacemaker 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Leen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Introversion and Relationships

Quote Originally Posted by Azurel View Post
    I don't mind attending small parties for abt 10 or so ppl, as long as only good friends are invited. I know there are ppl who can't go anywhere alone, they must always ask someone to tag along; even to the toilet. Everytime I met a friend while I'm out, they are always with someone while I'm always alone. Nice to know I'm not the only one who likes to go out alone.

I remember how in high school, some of my friends MUST went to toilet together. I was like, "What's so fearful about gong to toilet alone?!!"

Especially when you go to shopping, I don't think you want someone to go with you. I hate it when people start to tag alone if I go anyway (especially shopping). If I turn out to like to red and he/she likes the blue, the trouble starts to occur.

Best solution, go alone. Glad someone agrees with me.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MissYuki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really know what I would be classified as...As much as I really do strive to make long lasting friendships it usually does not happen. I have alot of friends of different ages/gender/etc but I prefer to be alone rather then with everyone. I guess it all depends on the mood?

To your blessed destruction

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi dear friends, I like the geeky brother idea, but NONE of my friends have brothers. thanks for this one...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner aprilapple's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Society favors extroverts. The teacher favors students who raise their hands in class... the boss promotes the employees who can charm the clients to his favor. In other words, whether you are an introvert or extrovert you have to adapt to an extroverted society (where introverted people are sometimes out casted).

Actually, everyone has some introvert and extrovert characteristics, it's just that you're usually more introverted or more extroverted. Even if you're an introvert, no man is an island, you're bound to feel lonely at times. And if you're an extrovert, there are times you rather be left alone. So I think how u feel is perfectly normal.
    I totally agree. I think I used to be an introvert... and sort of turned into an extrovert over the years. So now... I think I'm a little bit of both. I can be extremely lively within a group... but I can also lock myself in front of a computer for a week... lol .......But there is a limit to both really

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, everyone has some introvert and extrovert characteristics, it's just that you're usually more introverted or more extroverted. Even if you're an introvert, no man is an island, you're bound to feel lonely at times. And if you're an extrovert, there are times you rather be left alone. So I think how u feel is perfectly normal.
    You hit the spot!
    I've always been this extremely extrovert person that's always calling someone, can't be alone, has to do stuff with friends but lately It feels like i've overdone it and now i just wanna be complete alone. I even tell my family to go for a walk or something now when I'm living at home during summer so I can be alone. Nowadays I can never be arsed to go out and meet friends and girls, I keep postponing and rejecting... I just wanna sit here alone, thinking and playing the guitar :x

I don't wanna call myself an introvert though, since I still wanna go out and meet people... but then they have to come over cuz I'm so lazy ^_^
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity -Ren Boy-'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I am a Introvert type of guy, but can be extrovert when I want. But even going out I would be the quiestest one of the group.

Like I feel more secure at home doing nothing and then being outside. Like I consider myself a very self-conscience guy who takes a lot of thinking, before I do stuff which is annoying because I shouldn't have to think what I wan't to do in any circumstances.

I take things to heart over the littlest things so when a mate will make a joke about me I take it to heart and usually cause a argument. While when I am at home I don't need to worry what people have to say, only if I don't hear what they say

When I want to do stuff, sometimes I take walks by myself and it is wierd because I am bound to walk into 3 or 4 people that I know and they will ask questions. e.g "why you walking alone?". Usually I say because I want to.

It is also wierd because my mum iis always telling me to go out and socialize and stuff like that but sometimes I enjoy being at home. But don't get me wrong I still have a good social life, and for me to go out and stuff it would have to be with people who I have let into my inner circle
    A inner circle is for people who know me very truely and stuff and doesn't judge.

The rest are just friends and nothing more

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Grizz's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say am b Extrovert. the reason because am not the type of guy who likes to be alone, it makes me feel uncomfortable, not so much of being alone, but its just that i don't like staying in one place and doign nothing. i wud rather just text or call my friends and hangout with them as much as possible.. but just like blai said, lately ive been feeling like just being alone, its like everyone am with seems to be annoying me at some level which drives me crazy, being alone its best thing am doign lately.

Its weird, like ive got so many friends who keep inviting me to go out with them, but am just not interested, its like on sunday, one of my friend invited me out to spend the da with, usually i would be up for it, but this time i didnt even care a single bit, its like am going through this drout which i just prefer being on my own, i dont even go out to link girls anymore, any girls who calls ma fone, i reject the call.. its been weird lately.. i keep rejecting everyone, all my friends included..

its like i just want to stay in my room on my boxes and just nothing througout the whole, but surfing the net ya know...

I wouldnt call myslf introvert because, i like having fun...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Blackthornhiei's Avatar
    Country
    El Salvador
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    I wouldnt call myslf introvert because, i like having fun...
    Being an introvert doesn't mean that we don't like fun. We just have a different concept of fun, and prefer solitary activities over group ones.

Just today I had a fun noon, on my own, walking at my own pace, and settling down in a quiet corner of a nice cafe to have lunch with my book (an extrovert would find the concept of eating alone quite disconcerting).

There's also the misconception that introverts are shut-ins. We do go through long periods of not going out of our houses. In fact, I spend most of my weekends in my room, either reading, watching tv, playing video games, in front of the computer or working on plushies.

But we also like to go out. I do a lot of internal tourism. And I also like going to Guatemala. Usually I do all of these in the company of my inmediate family or really close friends.
    "Frith lay ven, Frith lay silf, Frith lay ven u li" - Lapine saying

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthornhiei View Post
    Being an introvert doesn't mean that we don't like fun. We just have a different concept of fun, and prefer solitary activities over group ones.

Just today I had a fun noon, on my own, walking at my own pace, and settling down in a quiet corner of a nice cafe to have lunch with my book (an extrovert would find the concept of eating alone quite disconcerting).

There's also the misconception that introverts are shut-ins. We do go through long periods of not going out of our houses. In fact, I spend most of my weekends in my room, either reading, watching tv, playing video games, in front of the computer or working on plushies.

But we also like to go out. I do a lot of internal tourism. And I also like going to Guatemala. Usually I do all of these in the company of my inmediate family or really close friends.
    I cudnt go to a cafe and just sit and read a book...

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member L0ki's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I am an island and I love it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Im introvert person - the only exception is flirting etc. Dont know why but with this I had never a problem.....

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Flirting comes naturally to me 2.. lol

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member faintsmile1992's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sindergi View Post
    Im introvert person - the only exception is flirting etc. Dont know why but with this I had never a problem.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Flirting comes naturally to me 2.. lol
    Yep, me too... its because although I'm strongly introverted, I do have traits associated with both risk taking and high self-confidence. As such, I have no difficulty flirting with people, in fact I fail to learn from repeated feelings of rejection, lol.

I've never kept a relationship for longer than too months.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Does flirting necessary involve rejection?...well in a sense yeah, but I wouldn't say rejection, that's a bit too harsh I think...maybe not interesting, or maybe boring...

Anyways...on topic...it does take a while for me to actually get the spirit to enter in a relationship...I'm just not really into that...well for now I least...
    Introversion...I can be quite introverted sometimes, and reclusive...though it's not a dominant trait, I think

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member faintsmile1992's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Does flirting necessary involve rejection?...well in a sense yeah, but I wouldn't say rejection, that's a bit too harsh I think...maybe not interesting, or maybe boring...
    Well no, but the same pushiness also leads to my relationships breaking down because I wan't to take things too fast. So my sexual aggression works against me in the long run.

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast