Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Natural Disasters: Do you have to deal with them?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member War's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Natural Disasters: Do you have to deal with them?

I live in Singapore and my country is lucky, b'cos I don't experience any natural disasters at all due to its location.

Anyway, my condolences to the victims of the natural disasters.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ~Lilium~'s Avatar
    Country
    British Antarctic Territory
    Post Thanks / Like

I was actually on my way to Indonesia when the tsunami happened. It was summer vacation and my family decided to Bali for a trip. I didn't even know about the tsunami until the next day. Considering how close Bali is to Java I'm pretty lucky I guess... Next thing I knew my mom was freaking out on me on the phone.... oT_T. Saying I shouldn't have been there. <Parents divorced....was with my dad> The next few days were still fun though.

***** Oh yeah xantos ****
    I also went to Singapore during my trip. You have a lot of rules there. I bought a souveneir mug that says a bunch of them like "no picking flowers...??"

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member War's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    ***** Oh yeah xantos ****
    I also went to Singapore during my trip. You have a lot of rules there. I bought a souveneir mug that says a bunch of them like "no picking flowers...??"
    Yeah. Lots of people make jokes about that. =) We can't even chew gum.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member rabb's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NeoShweaty
    I live in new york and we never have to deal with any life threatening weather. Im going to college in LA which is basically the same. I count myself among the lucky ones, definitely
    ironicly, just a few months after this was posted, the river vally i live in flooded, shuting down most of east/west trafic in new york, but beacuse penn got hit just that much harder, we were largly ignored. five deaths were blamed statewide on the flood, but thats not an accurate number. i know this beacuse six people died in my town alone from it. latly for some reason the weathers been getting worse. weve been having minor twisters, cloud bursts, and down bursts (all damaging storms). a top which, im in just the right spot that i get hit by every storm to hit the state; this isnt to bad when its warm, but during the (normal) winter, the nor'easters, lake effect, and regular storms being forced our way from the south west all go right over my area. we get an average of two feet of snow with each storm.&#160; last year, the snowbanks we made from shovling were taller than i am (I'm 5'10" just under 2 meters (i think, i suck at conversion)). so the biggest natural disaster that we have is the cold. since were such a poor neiborhood, the kids that wait too long for the buses (which can be as long as 40 mins, some times longer, depending on how long it takes them to get them going) have had cases of hypothermia. but we dont have to worry about that this winter.
    I Am A United States Sailor.
    I Will Support And Defend The Constitution Of The United States Of America And I Will Obey The Orders Of Those Appointed Over Me.
    I Represent The Fighting Spirit Of The Navy, And Those Who Have Gone Before Me To Defend Freedom And Democracy Around The World.
    I Proudly Serve My Country's Navy Combat Team With Honor, Courage, And Commitment.
    I Am Committed To The Excellence And Fair Treatment Of All.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing happening here (the Netherlands).
    But the people here really suck cuz they complain about the weather if it rains a bit.

(If a tornado comes my way I will cut it or die trying.)
    OMG so much empty space down here i rly gotta make a zoro sig :P<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; \/<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; .

Post Thanks / Like

Different people has different beliefs when it comes to the natural disaster. However, the effects are the same because it surely brings sorrow and sufferings to those who are involved. I live in Kuantan, Malaysia. Every year we had to deal with flood when the monsoon season comes. This year, the southern part of Malaysia had tom deal with a terrible flood that has never been experienced before. It was said to be the worst in about 40 years. Many people had to leave their homes for about a month. Can you imagine? Many of the belongings were lost. Although it is a natural disaster, I think the corruption of the system played some role. The money that should be used to clean up the drains is taken by those liars(contractors & Community leaders who are responsible to clean the drains). They took the money but the work has never been done. Curse them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member qwan3356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr_1112
    Different people has different beliefs when it comes to the natural disaster. However, the effects are the same because it surely brings sorrow and sufferings to those who are involved. I live in Kuantan, Malaysia. Every year we had to deal with flood when the monsoon season comes. This year, the southern part of Malaysia had tom deal with a terrible flood that has never been experienced before. It was said to be the worst in about 40 years. Many people had to leave their homes for about a month. Can you imagine? Many of the belongings were lost. Although it is a natural disaster, I think the corruption of the system played some role. The money that should be used to clean up the drains is taken by those liars(contractors & Community leaders who are responsible to clean the drains). They took the money but the work has never been done. Curse them.
    and this is the crazy world we live in, money ova morals and human life, they're about the all might dollar, and not worried about who is effected by their corrupt actions. I hate ppl like that, how can u just turn ur back on ppl who need help. its just wrong.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner cherryenchanted's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

That's part of our lives already, the natural disasters...We had to deal with it, no matter what, just to survive...It may be hard, we feel fear when this things happen, but we need to fight & face the challenge of nature...This could also be a call of nature to or our Creator...we just need always had that big faith, to surpass all these...

Here in the city I lived, we don't experience so much of any natural disasters, like floods which is very common to our country, when there would a big typhoon coming...but still I, we are lucky that we don't experienced hurricane, tornado, or any big disasters here in my country, as well as the city I lived...
    http://www.geocities.com/snowice_fireflame/march.jpg

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Orkney Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

God causes Natural Disasters! Isaiah 45:7

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

like what my science teacher said about earthquakes and people living in california."If you don't want *put in natural disaster* then don't live in an area prone to *said natural disasters*

but he said that at a standpoint where nothing ever happens here where we live

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3