Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The "SBS'ing Oda-Sensei Project"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The "SBS'ing Oda-Sensei Project"

I want to know:
    In chapter 476 just before becoming Nightmare-Luffy Luffy receives a shadow of a famous swordsman from the marines. Who was this marine? I think he looks a little bit like Kaku.
    Last edited by Dice; December 12, 2007 at 06:33 PM. Reason: lol hit the button too early (accidentally^^)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shojin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This sounds like fun! I think I'll give it a shot.

3 questions:

1. Hey Oda-sensai! Hello I am John, nice to meet you! What are your favorite Nico Robin outfits? Mine are:
    1. The hot outfit she wore at the end of opening 4 (bon voyage), which I think with some modifications it will make a sweet and sexy secret spy outfit! ^_^
    2. Water 7/enies lobby outfit
    3. Thriller Bark outfit
    4. Robitta Outfit
    5. Her third outfit from One Piece Movie 7 : Karakuri Castle's Mecha Giant Soldier
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Hi Oda, I just wanna ask about something that I been wandering about for quite sometime now and its about the Rokushiki style, the style that was used by the now-defunct CP9. Its just that I have been a big fan of both fictional and real life martial arts for a long time and one of the many things that I do know is when there is a master (like Rob Lucci), there is always a grandmaster. So I am guessing that who ever taught the members of CP9 the style might very well be a high ranking member of the world government, possibly one of the Gorōsei. So is there by any chance we might see the teacher in the future?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Hi Oda-samma, Now I know this is going to sound unusual and I don't know if this have asked before but its just that for the past several months, I started getting back into doing what I haven't done since my high school years: Mixing up different fighting styles, Both real life and fictional, with my favorite characters from different series (Even with characters who are not martial arts talented) as well as making up move lists for them! So I just want to show you this fan made move list that I did just for fun which involves my favorite character, Nico Robin using different variations of Rokushiki and I just want to see what do you think of it.
    Note that this is far from being complete and there are a lot of errors here and there so sorry if this looks messy:

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showp...66&postcount=1

Like I said before, That movelist is far from being complete so it still needs a LOT of work. But it would be nice to see if you can make it look alot better, as well as drawing pics of some of the techniques, and even coming up with some techniques yourself. I would also would like to mention that after I am done with this little "Rokushiki Robin" project of mine, I am also going to start on my next martial arts project with Robin called "Nico Robin: Huaquándào style (Way of the blossoming fist)", which is a fighting style that is a combination of her Hana Hana no Mi abilities and various forms of Chinese martial arts, mainly internal styles. Pretty cool, eh?

BTW, here's my fanart of Robin which is also a preview of my next project:

NOTE: My art skills are really amatuarish so sorry if it looks crappy but it would be cool if you can do something great with this as well.

http://mangahelpers.com/photoplog/im..._Shinjojin.jpg

OK, thats all! Sorry if this is too much. Its just that I have a lot of things to ask him.
    Last edited by Shojin; December 21, 2007 at 07:56 PM.
    **THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT**
    Project
    and Thread (UPDATE 7/5/14)
    **THE SHIZURU KUWABARA: REIKIBUKI STYLE PROJECT**
    Go here (UPDATE 05/23/12)
    My Shadow Blossom fanfic (Ch.4 is up!)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Absolutio's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

It's ok.. We still don't know the format of the SBS we'll send, so anything is acceptable atm..

Luffy: Sanji, prepare the lunch-box!
    Sanji: Lunch-box?
    Luffy: Yes. A pirate's lunch-box!
    *Pirate's lunch-box is for increasing one's power, so there will be no vegetables.
    -One Piece Side-Stories Covers Coloring Project! OP Colorist? Check it out now!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ANBU4U's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imitorar View Post
    Impel, we just GUESSED that that was what Enel was. It could be a reference to something else, it could be that it's Ener and is short for "energy". There is no confirmation.

And if YOU think Brook acts anything like Afro Luffy did... I'm not sure how you can be helped. The Afro doesn't affect him, or he wouldn't be "The Gentleman Skeleton", because gentlemen don't have afros. They just don't. But either way, this isn't the place to discuss Enel or Brook. There are other threads for that, and discussions pertaining to those two characters should take place in those threads.
    Oh Contre. ALL men with Afro's are in fact gentleman....they're just ALSO BMF's.

And Brooke is most certainly a bad mother fucker.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Absulutio View Post
    It's ok.. We still don't know the format of the SBS we'll send, so anything is acceptable atm..
    Ok, thanks!

Btw, would it also be a good idea to post this project over at AP as well? Since its currently the most popular OP message board, I think you might get alot of people that way and as they all say, the more the marrier.
    Last edited by Shojin; December 16, 2007 at 08:11 PM.
    Project

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Although you're right.. It will be hard to manage this thread/merge it in two different forums. Not to mention I don't even have an AP account.. But I might try it eventually when this thread get a bit more buffed.

Ok... Finally I have my SBS:
    Oda-sensei.. At chapter 256, pages 18-19 Luffy sings a song (about the north/south/east/western islands), and I've gotta know, who wrote this song?!?! Is it Luffy? Is luffy secretly a music composer? and the reason he wants a musician in his crew so badly is because he wants to make a Gomu Gomu Rock Band?!?!? If you won't answer me my nose-hair will stop growing!!
    -Gomu Gomu Rock Band no. #1 fan!
    Last edited by Absolutio; December 19, 2007 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

*Pirate's lunch-box is for increasing one's power, so there will be no vegetables.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Oda-sensei. At the first encounter with Brooke, he asks Nami and Robin if he can see their panties. Why would he do this? Being a skeleton, he shouldn't have any of his manly, sacred parts left. Thus, in theory he shouldn't have any of those instincts left, so would he really gain anything from this?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kazuma_uzumaki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This isn't a question for but of SBS

Does anyone know how someone knows his/her letter is the first or last in the sbs?

Because in some of them the question states that it's the beginning/end of SBS

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Oda picks up the order.. :P

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

what is the doriki from

luffy
    zoro
    sanji
    franki
    chopper with rumble

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^I would like to know myself.

In fact, how about this:

Hey Oda, What is the Doriki of all the Strawhats?
    Project

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kazuma_uzumaki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

another question ABOUT the sbs

what's with the letters every like 2 voulmes of the guy wanting that wierd ass picture to be in the 7 armed seas

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner zoidvibe's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I have two questions for the SBS:

1. Oda! In chapter 433 - "Thriller Bark," on page seven, Brooks said, "I have strong roots." Was this an innuendo in reference to the novel ROOTS: The Saga of an American Family by Alex Haley? I believe everyone assumes that Brook is of African descent with his Afro and all.... and I know the novel is about an African-American family. Any connection?

2. Does Zoro cut his own hair? I know he has a fascination with cutting anything and everything with his sword skills. Did Zoro at one time or another practice cosmetology? I noticed he can seem a bit touchy about the subject of his hair, especially when someone incorrectly mentions his hairstyle, "Moss-head" ....or something akin.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Dark-Kaomi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kazuma_uzumaki View Post
    another question ABOUT the sbs

what's with the letters every like 2 voulmes of the guy wanting that wierd ass picture to be in the 7 armed seas
    It's just a running gag.

My turn:
    ODA-SENSEI!!!!!!! I have a serious question that is really bugging me. How do the islands of one of the blue seas know about each other? I guess some found out by cross the Red Line but what about those who had to cross the Grand Line? How did they meet? This is making my brain melt.

Oda-sama. Why don't the Marines just use their newly created sea stone ships to cross the Calm Belt closer to the end of the Grand Line and find the One Piece themselves? Is it because of the Four Emperors? Also, where exactly on the Grand Line is the main Marine Headquarters located?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

OK here's another one:

Hey Oda, I have a question about Kalifa. Now if I remember correctly, one has to know how to use all six forms of Rokushiki to be a Rokushiki user, but Kalifa had not once used Tekkai throughout the whole W7/Enies Lobby arc which leaves me to believe that she either:

1. Doesn't know how to do Tekkai and thus like Nero, she doesn't know all six forms and only knows five of them, thus makes her a Goshiki user.

OR

2. Does know how to do Tekkai but she just can't use it properly due to not having the required Dokuri.

So Oda what is she? Is she a real Rokushiki user or is she actually just a mere Goshiki user?
    Project

New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast