Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The "SBS'ing Oda-Sensei Project"

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The "SBS'ing Oda-Sensei Project"

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggerjack View Post
    Lets see...

First off, I'd like to say Thanks for doing this for us!

My questions:
    • How much was Zeff's bounty?
    • When Luffy eats, does his body convert the food into rubber for repairing wounds, building muscle, etc?
    • Which parts of Robin's body can be grown with her hana hana fruit? (And no, I'm not being perverted.) Could she grow another copy of herself?
    • If Luffy's muscles are made of rubber, then how does he get stronger? (Muscles normally tear down and rebuild up)
    • What happened to the nurse that the Tenryuubito Charlosse Sei took to be his wife? Did she get away?
    That question was already answered on a sbs, I dont remember what volume though. Robin can grow ANY part of his body. As for the growing a complete copy of herself, I dont think that was answered, but I dont think she can given that her power involves creating parts, not complete copies of herself.
    Last edited by kkck; December 04, 2008 at 12:10 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Jaggerjack's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    That question was already answered on a sbs, I dont remember what volume though. Robin can grow ANY part of his body. As for the growing a complete copy of herself, I dont think that was answered, but I dont think she can given that her power involves creating parts, not complete copies of herself.
    Ah, ok. Thanks! Growing organs and such is probably a different beast altogether.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

But shouldn't she be able to grow 2 arms, 2 legs, a head with 2 eyes, ears etc. and a torso and merge them togehter? I mean if she can grow any parts of her body and is able to merge them togehter, than my suggestion shouldn't be impossible, should it?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems to take a certain level of concentration for Robin to sustain her copied body parts. That's why she doesn't usually make more then 100 at once, and why she can't fly for very long, it's too tiring for her to sustain the arms and fly at the same time. The amount of concentration it would take to form an actual full-body clone of Robin would be enormous, exponentially greater then just making 100 arms. Perhaps near the end of the series she may be able to focus enough to do it, but as of now, while it's theoretically possible, she hasn't got sufficient strength and Devil Fruit control to pull it off.

Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

5. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's another one that's been bugging me for a few days:

Why did Robin and Brooke eat a Devil's Fruit? Was is accidental like it was for Luffy and Chopper?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Brook's crew just said "that fruit you eat"... well, I guess they eat it because they know DFs have power.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member toxun's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

In earlier sbs, Oda sensei said that Mohji will grow up like a rabbit, but last time I saw him, he grew like a ram make me think he is a distance relative of Merry

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's another one that's been on my mind for most of today:

Can Luffy do any other impressions besides "Sanji no mane" and "Zoro no mane"?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member toxun's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggerjack View Post
    Here's another one that's been on my mind for most of today:

Can Luffy do any other impressions besides "Sanji no mane" and "Zoro no mane"?
    Do you forget when Robin propose herself when join Strawhat's? In this case I remind you with this (he doing it with Robin help though )

Spoiler show

Satisfied ?
    Last edited by Yabe; December 16, 2008 at 04:50 AM. Reason: spoiler tag's added for easy-viewing

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

haha! I forgot about that one. I wanna see a Franky-no-mane, though.l

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

i only read the first page so someone could have asked it.

oda -do you have like a map of the all one piece world in your mind(big players,big stories,big places)? or are you as curios like us about some of the future events?

there are so many mystories in one piece that if he do have a big master plan its must be brilliant.

ow and on another note i have a request for oda -

please make robin duplicate some more interesting parts!!! (dont tell me im the only one who had that in mind)
    Last edited by ofir271; December 23, 2008 at 12:51 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ofir271 View Post
    i only read the first page so someone could have asked it.

oda -do you have like a map of the all one piece world in your mind(big players,big stories,big places)? or are you as curios like us about some of the future events?

there are so many mystories in one piece that if he do have a big master plan its must be brilliant.
    He said in an interview last year that he basically had all of the arcs planned out, although specifics are undecided yet, and things can get moved around or added or taken out, but the basics are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ofir271 View Post
    ow and on another note i have a request for oda -

please make robin duplicate some more interesting parts!!! (dont tell me im the only one who had that in mind)
    Well, somebody already asked if she could duplicate her breasts. Oda answered that she could. But nobody's asked him to have her do it, at least, not as far as I remember at the moment, so if you wanna ask this, I guess you could without being redundant.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member d3death's Avatar
    Country
    Afghanistan
    Post Thanks / Like

while preparing for my programing course.. i wrote an application which extracted all the SBS from all the stephen's translations and saved it to one .txt file..

so just in case:

its easier to search about something from one single file (by using ctrl+f)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I've a good one:

1-oda-sama, is there any straw hat that isn't virgin, I mean Sanji, zoro and robin don't really look like they're virgins, and I really mean did they ava sex in they're all life.

2- Back in alabasta, luffy used baku baku no mi in crocodile, so why didn't crocodile died in there, is luffy's mouth dry??

3- Why don't sanji killed absalom, cause if the fruits recycle wheen the person die, he would have better chances to become invisible and sneak into the feminine bathroom.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beastboy View Post
    I've a good one:

1-oda-sama, is there any straw hat that isn't virgin, I mean Sanji, zoro and robin don't really look like they're virgins, and I really mean did they ava sex in they're all life.

2- Back in alabasta, luffy used baku baku no mi in crocodile, so why didn't crocodile died in there, is luffy's mouth dry??

3- Why don't sanji killed absalom, cause if the fruits recycle wheen the person die, he would have better chances to become invisible and sneak into the feminine bathroom.
    1. One Piece is serialized in a magazine aimed at 9-14 year old boys, for crying out loud. You actually expect him to answer this? Better question, does it honestly MATTER enough to waste an SBS slot? Also, Sanji and Zoro are 19, and Robin's sexual history is REALLY a topic best left to the imagination. Think about it for a bit. Or don't, as the case may be.

2. Why would it kill him? It's not as though Luffy's mouth is so moist that Crocodile couldn't retain almost complete mobility. And I doubt that he swallowed anyway, so Crocodile could just reform and get out.

3. Asking questions in the SBS that have already been answered in the manga is usually frowned upon. And yes, it has happened before.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast